IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240123_182538 (resized).jpg
20240123_182607 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240110_065014_Chrome (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 82.
#3301 3 years ago

I think that I will try to reinforce it underneath with a clear piece of polycarbonate. That will hopefully keep it from cracking further.

#3302 3 years ago

Found this from around June 2018. Don’t remember where it’s from (Stern factory?) but a great photo.

5865C89F-D361-4530-910B-BDCA42EAFA1A (resized).jpeg5865C89F-D361-4530-910B-BDCA42EAFA1A (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#3303 3 years ago

Joined the club today! The art on this thing is amazing!

ABCD75B1-CB99-4CD0-BC8E-D2D4700AC816 (resized).jpegABCD75B1-CB99-4CD0-BC8E-D2D4700AC816 (resized).jpeg
#3304 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Found this from around June 2018. Don’t remember where it’s from (Stern factory?) but a great photo.
[quoted image]

I believe this was a cointaker event.

2 weeks later
#3305 3 years ago

Is it possible to raise the volume of the music without raising the volume of the callouts and other sounds? As of now when I really crank it up the calls out really annoyingly loud.

I see what looks like a “music” adjustment in the manual but I don’t see it in my game...

394AFA4F-5BCA-4093-B7F4-F9776FB301EF (resized).png394AFA4F-5BCA-4093-B7F4-F9776FB301EF (resized).pngB604166F-AE09-4C39-881D-52CF3BA89A8F (resized).jpegB604166F-AE09-4C39-881D-52CF3BA89A8F (resized).jpeg
#3306 3 years ago

I don't see "music" either but if you haven't already add a sub- it'll sound better regardless.

#3307 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I don't see "music" either but if you haven't already add a sub- it'll sound better regardless.

Just found it. It’s music & speech attenuation under the game specific adjustments menu. Apparently positive lowers the volume and negative increases it. Just need to tweak it now.

#3308 3 years ago

Joined the club and really having fun with it! STI dropped it off a few days ago, and they’re headed back here with my ntm Munsters pro.

#3309 3 years ago

One of my lane dividers has become magnetized. Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions to fix?

(It isn't the balls. The balls don't pick up a paperclip and I also tried new balls - same issue.)

IMG_0454 (resized).jpegIMG_0454 (resized).jpeg
#3310 3 years ago

Check out "degaussing" - there are several videos on Youtube. It almost looks like it's catching on the ramp above but that's probably just the picture angle.

#3311 3 years ago

It's looks like it might be resting on the lane switch wire, which might need adjusting a bit so that it gets pushed down easier.

#3312 3 years ago

Assuming you're doing the paper clip test on the lane guide and sure that's what's doing it, your guide is sucking up a lot of magnetic energy from somewhere. Check under the
Playfield in that area with your paper clip.
As mentioned above the switch wire might need adjusting.
I've never seen a guide do this. Maybe the left flipper coil under playfield is magnetized??

#3313 3 years ago

Scott, it may be hanging up on the Cliffy protector. I had it happen to me a couple times.

#3314 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Scott, it may be hanging up on the Cliffy protector. I had it happen to me a couple times.

Thanks for replying. I was going to say the exact same thing, it looks like it’s hanging up on the Cliffy. That’s actually a common problem with those switch slot protectors. I love Cliffys in a lot of spots, but not there. You may be able to counteract the issue by increasing the pitch a bit. But overall, I’d pull those out.

#3315 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I should have just gone to the source. thanks!

I appreciate all the replies. It's definitely not the ramp/habitrail or the switch. But probably is the cliffy. I'll give that a shot and report back. thanks all.

1 week later
#3316 3 years ago

New owner of a NIB Aerosmith Pro. Looks great next to my AC/DC Vault. Love the colors, the game play. LED’s done for back n bottom. Time to start modding! New tray in front of Jacky, air ball deflector, usual lane n hole protectors. Speakers soon, already have a Polk sub, maybe some Kenwood 4” coax’s or the new Pioneer A-Series 3 way for back. What else? Game blades? Thanks!
Loving this game!!

E33E6B5F-4C00-4DC9-BA7A-3DABBCE42025 (resized).jpegE33E6B5F-4C00-4DC9-BA7A-3DABBCE42025 (resized).jpeg
#3317 3 years ago

Take the post from between the bumpers. Try it, if you don't like it like that put it back.

#3318 3 years ago

Definitely. Looks great on this pin.

Where’d you find a NIB at this point?

Enjoy. Great game.

#3319 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Take the post from between the bumpers. Try it, if you don't like it like that put it back.

Yes, it's great to leave post out. Before I removed my post it would get loose about every 150 games or less.

#3320 3 years ago

NIB? Ancient secret passed down over generations!! Nah, took me about a year, but I called, emailed, contacted every place I could find across this great country until I found new or used/well cared for like my AC/DC Vault. Under 900 plays when I bought that a year ago.
Center post? Plug the hole or it’s small so no big deal? And a quiet fan is already in the mail! This things loud! Thanks!

#3321 3 years ago

There is a round cutout in the mylar about as big as a small coin. You can put some more mylar over it if it bothers you.

1 week later
#3322 3 years ago

I might possibly be getting one of these soon but the owner said the ball often misses the toybox. I didn't see any key post on this but what are the usual suspects?

#3323 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I might possibly be getting one of these soon but the owner said the ball often misses the toybox. I didn't see any key post on this but what are the usual suspects?

Guy I bought mine from said the same thing. But he didn't understand it is supposed to miss on purpose at times, like the lid will be closed and it will still launch a ball at Jacky's face, etc. Also if the lock isn't lit, it won't attempt a throw.

Sometimes the first game I played, it will legit miss, but it either learns or just starts working fine the 2nd game onwards.

#3324 3 years ago

I gotcha, that makes sense. This is a pinball savvy dude though I suspected the mech might be slightly binding or something.

#3325 3 years ago

Still works the same and won't damage anything. most times it will try and reload the toybox if the locks not lit.

The only drawback is you don't get to see the six balls falling out waterfall style. That's pretty impressive after the risk you've gambled to see it.

#3326 3 years ago

Might need to adjust the right eject power a bit. Had to adjust mine after code update.

#3327 3 years ago

Indeed, it does happen. Usually toward the beginning of a game while it is calibrating. It is annoying that it doesn't "remember" how much force to use after the game is turned off and on again.

In case it helps, I'll try and list out all the circumstances...

- Lock not lit - ball will lightly pop out (it's not trying to get it in the box) or will purposely try and hit jackie in the face. The real bonus here is that once in a blue moon, Jackie will say "fuck you" when he gets hit. It's so rare that it is pretty funny when it happens.

- Lock not lit but it has missed on a past shot - will show "reloading toybox" on the screen and try and get it in

- Lock lit and single player game - will try to get it in the box

- Lock lit and multi-player game - will try and get it in if the ball number you are locking is less than the number of balls currently in the toybox. Else, will hit jackie in the face.

I think that's all of it. Please comment if I got it wrong.

Pro tip...if the ball does go in the toybox and you have another lock already lit, go for a quick short plunge, before the autolaunch, to try and get a ball in through the skill shot lock entrance. If you get this down, you can get a big multiball much faster.

The thing about it that bugs me is that it really should turn on the ballsave for every shot into the toybox. It does it for intentional shots to jackie's face, but not the inadvertent misses and occasionally you'll lose one down the middle.

#3328 3 years ago

For some reason on my Pro a lot of open Toy Box "misses" happen during TB Multiball. When it attempts to lock a ball up during the multiball for a few seconds of 2X scoring (or two balls for 3X).

Pretty sure there's no reloads in these situations but you'll have at least one additional ball in the playfield than you should have during the timed 2X/3X.

And I believe any regular Toy Box locks after a MB ends where a 2X/3X lock missed end up reloading initially (re-calibrating lock kicker power).

2 weeks later
#3329 3 years ago

The art on this pin really is a head-turner. A few months in and still loving it!

792BF55B-ECC8-41C5-AF88-7560A01AAC47_1_105_c (resized).jpeg792BF55B-ECC8-41C5-AF88-7560A01AAC47_1_105_c (resized).jpeg801C3243-909E-43CD-8F00-2B20D02A7CDD_1_105_c (resized).jpeg801C3243-909E-43CD-8F00-2B20D02A7CDD_1_105_c (resized).jpegA75FF37A-C70F-4EDB-8F77-A8CB011AE4A4_1_105_c (resized).jpegA75FF37A-C70F-4EDB-8F77-A8CB011AE4A4_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#3330 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

The art on this pin really is a head-turner. A few months in and still loving it!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking great Scott. Glad your loving it.

#3331 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Looking great Scott. Glad your loving it.

Thanks! Truly stellar condition. Thanks for the great sale.

#3332 3 years ago

I think Aerosmith if one of the underrated gems of Stern's. Great artwork and presentation. Jackie is still a blast to hit and I think the LCD Animations for perfect for this pin. Speaking of LCD animations, I think Stern has really been hitting out of the park with their animation team. BKSOR, AS, IMDN and JP are some of the best I have ever seen.

#3333 3 years ago

Love the animations in this and Black Night is cool as fuck in the animations.

You forgot Deadpool too.

#3334 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Love the animations in this and Black Night is cool as fuck in the animations.
You forgot Deadpool too.

Yes Sir I did

#3335 3 years ago

Hello to All - I am back in the club and loving it ! Does anybody know where I can purchase the 2 slingshot plastics? My one is cracked - Thanks.

1 week later
#3336 2 years ago

hi again AS owners

its long time i've not read here, and to be honest didnt play this pin (simply because i've not seen one since)

can i ask about the code/gameplay if this is/was really complete with the last 1.07 version... !?
or since, probs have been found (bugs, ideas,... )

of course i know who's on the code (that's also why i'm asking, may be before grabbing home a AS)

tanx

edit : i'm reading since... and found already some news page 58...

#3337 2 years ago

and OK, now i've read all latest posts since last 2 years, and got confirmation of what i knew already
without any surprise, Lonnie has made, again, his Lonnie classic tree, than here we have a mix of TRON-TRANSFORMERS-STAR TREK

of course, this not means its bad ! as we have to be happy when code is complete/finish, and playing as it should
but than no "wow" factor... :/

as a player not sure what i have to do (i had already the 3 pins listed above), still thinking of it and talking with my son

#3338 2 years ago

Have to say i like the pro better then the LE. Might even downgrade at some stage.

#3339 2 years ago

LE. way better than pro....but that's my opinion

#3340 2 years ago
Quoted from Deerlakes6:

LE. way better than pro....but that's my opinion

It's certainly prettier. I love the mirrored backglass. Topper is a bit so-so.

I just think the pro plays better, maybe my mates that i fell in love with was just tuned better than mine.

#3341 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

as a player not sure what i have to do

It’s pretty straight forward. Pick a song before you launch. Hit the lit shots. If you hit at least one shot, you qualify that mode/song for the medley multi ball. If you hit all the lit shots you qualify that mode/song for the grand tour wizard mode. The flower petals in the upper left of the screen show your progress toward completing the mode and how much time you have left.

After the timer ends or you hit all the shots, you hit the crank it up scoop to pick a new song/mode.

All the modes are selectable this way except for toys in the attic (lock at least three balls in the toy chest) and love in an elevator (lock three balls in the elevator).

Good flow on this one!

#3342 2 years ago

other ask, in this particular case, about the "lifetime game played"

as this is only available since 1.07, does it is reset to 0 when updating from 1.06 to 1.07 !?
or that audit was of course there before, being not viewable, and still counting for the very first game !?

i'm asking because the AS i'm interested in is showing the exact same number between "games played" and "lifetime games played", and that sounds strange to me, as no AS have been made at STERN with the 1.07 !!!
the only logical explanation is that the game has been taken out of the box after the 1.07, and updated BEFORE the very first game...

tanx for letting me know

#3343 2 years ago

I just look at the condition rather than numbers.

#3344 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I just look at the condition rather than numbers.

of course, same here, but than... (i'm not in front of the pin, and pics are just pics)

#3345 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Have to say i like the pro better then the LE. Might even downgrade at some stage.

Yep.

LE/Prem guys will say different ... but pro (like most Sterns) is the best player.

I wouldn’t change my pro for an LE even if someone offered a straight swap.

Funny - just remembered I had the same discussion with someone about Walking Dead last week. No way would I swap my pro for a Prem/LE. Pro plays way better.

rd

#3346 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i'm asking because the AS i'm interested in is showing the exact same number between "games played" and "lifetime games played", and that sounds strange to me

Mine is also showing the same number between both, and it is only 272 games. I'm pretty sure that is not an accurate representation of all the games played through all the versions of the software.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

of course, this not means its bad ! as we have to be happy when code is complete/finish, and playing as it should
but than no "wow" factor... :/

I find that Aerosmith brings the "wow" factor just fine. I always enjoy playing it. For me, the most important factor is fun. And I judge it with a simple test... do I have fun when I play the game. If the answer to that is yes, I consider it a good game. And with AS, the answer is absolutely yes.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

and that sounds strange to me, as no AS have been made at STERN with the 1.07 !!!

I think Stern wrapped up production of Aerosmith pretty early. It wasn't a big seller, and when they can make games that sell better, they do. They changed to on-demand manufacturing a long time ago so they didn't end up with a bunch of discounted games that were not selling.

Overall it sounds like you are looking at an AS, but you cannot look at it live. So the thing to factor in is conditions and function of the big stuff. Playfield and node boards being the most important in a SPIKE game. Assume you will have to rebuild the flippers, pops, toybox lift mech. Assume it ejects two balls. Really just assume anything that can go wrong is broken unless they can absolutely prove otherwise, and work from there. Also if you do not know the person selling you the game, assume they are trying to rip you off. It just goes easier like that when you cannot inspect the game yourself. You could also call a friend that is near where the game is, and have them inspect it.

#3347 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yep.
LE/Prem guys will say different ... but pro (like most Sterns) is the best player.
Funny - just remembered I had the same discussion with someone about Walking Dead last week. No way would I swap my pro for a Prem/LE. Pro plays way better.
rd

Thanks Dave, always good when you chip in as i respect your opinion.

Had my mates Pro here on rental for 4 or 5 months when covid hit, gave up ACDC prem, JP pro, Iron Maiden prem in the first month of rentals as i hated them.

The AS pro had me jumping up and down and dancing while playing all the time. I don't get that feeling when playing the LE i bought when he took his back.

LovelyBackGlassthoughPunkin

#3348 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yep.
rd

Everyone has an opinion but I much prefer the LE game play. A little more stop and go but more variety during multi-balls and it is during multi-ball that this machine shines. The LE is one of the best looking machines ever built. I may be biased since I own one, but it is a keeper.

But a great game in either form.

#3349 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

i respect your opinion.

Nice that someone does. Lollll

Quoted from ATLPinGuy:

it is during multi-ball that this machine shines.

Nah. Every game has multiball ...

It’s all about building up to the MB.

How many balls do I load up?

What if I drain. Ahhhhhggggg!!

Its the risk/reward that makes this game good.

Twice now (Brisbane Masters quarter final vs Jason Lambert and Southern Hemisphere Semi Finals against Mitchell Stewart) I’ve have “un-loseable leads” of 200m on the board as player one, then had the second player risk/reward loading the box up to six balls (their only chance to win) and beat me on the last ball.

You don’t mind being beaten when that happens. Good on em.

rd

#3350 2 years ago

I agree everyone has their own opinion but the LE not only plays great but your right it's absolutely a beautiful machine..art ..etc..definitely in the top 5 as far as art goes..it's stunning ...but nothing wrong with the pro either....I like the pro...I love the LE..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 4,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.