20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 82.
#3201 3 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

sell this game before Led Zep drops. you will thank me later....

No, I enjoy this game too much. Planning to add Led Zep though.

#3202 3 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

sell this game before Led Zep drops. you will thank me later....

Why on earth would I sell a game I love to play? Aerosmith was a hidden gem when I bought it. I played it at a friends house and discovered that I enjoyed it every time I played it there. I 'd say that if I ever got myself down to 5 pins (ha!), AS would still be one of them. It is no particular feature of the game. It isn't a certain shot. It is the way the game builds to a crescendo or a disappointment. It is the musical callouts for the super modes capping off great play in a mode. But again, it comes down to the fact that every time I play it, I enjoy it. There is nothing more important in a pinball machine. And you think I should sell that for a pig in a poke? Bah. Take your advice somewhere else, not in a thread of people that own and like AS.

#3203 3 years ago
Quoted from TUFLYF:

Still need a stern Aerosmith Shooter Knob. I’ll now pay $350.

I told you you could have mine, is that the one you want?

#3204 3 years ago

How was the side armour install???
I have been wondering about that one.
Looks like a pain to drill out all the rivets.

Extra side and button protection would be nice.

#3205 3 years ago
Quoted from TUFLYF:

Still need a stern Aerosmith Shooter Knob. I’ll now pay $350.

All sorted, off to North America this morning or tomorrow. Thanks mate, hope it is what you were after.

#3206 3 years ago

When I first saw Aerosmith I had no desire to play it at all. Looked lackluster to me. Had some credits left at tilt studio and decided to play it along with my wife. We really enjoyed it. We played a pro.

If I was a bigger fan of their music it would definitely be on my short list. But if a good deal comes definitely would consider it. Same for Iron Maiden, fun pin but not a big fan of the group.

Waiting to see what Stern does with zeppelin. But I am worried because Zeps album artwork is meh and if the songs are heavy enough for a pin outside of Black Dog, Misty Mountain Hop, ect.

#3207 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

How was the side armour install???
I have been wondering about that one.
Looks like a pain to drill out all the rivets.
Extra side and button protection would be nice.

It's just screws, not rivets. Very simple install and they look great!

#3208 3 years ago
Quoted from TUFLYF:

Looking for a like new Stern Shooter Knob for an Aerosmith. I’ll pay $300 shipped.

#3209 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

If I was a bigger fan of their music it would definitely be on my short list. But if a good deal comes definitely would consider it. Same for Iron Maiden, fun pin but not a big fan of the group.

I'm not a huge fan of the group Metallica. That's why there isn't a single Metallica song on my MET. It's all about the play. Same with AS. If I didn't like the music, I'd swap it out for the fun play.

#3210 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm not a huge fan of the group Metallica. That's why there isn't a single Metallica song on my MET. It's all about the play. Same with AS. If I didn't like the music, I'd swap it out for the fun play.

I've never bought Metallica because I really didn't love the music. Never knew you could change out all the songs. Does this affect the callouts?

Sorry, for the quick off-topic question.

#3211 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

OK.
But when you change a song, the animations are the same than before or not?
For example:
You play "Dude looks like a lady", the animations are showing different men (mostly) and the played song is "It´s raining men"?

LOL.

#3212 3 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

OK.
But when you change a song, the animations are the same than before or not?
For example:
You play "Dude looks like a lady", the animations are showing different men (mostly) and the played song is "It´s raining men"?
LOL.

Animations can be changed too. My Aerosmith Pro plays videos for the songs because I replaced the animations. Completely changes the vibe of the game and looks terrific.

#3213 3 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

I've never bought Metallica because I really didn't love the music. Never knew you could change out all the songs. Does this affect the callouts?
Sorry, for the quick off-topic question.

Each sound is at a different location. MET is a SAM game, which is much easier to edit (in my opinion) compared to SPIKE games. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images is a great start on how to do it all. Plus occasionally someone puts out a version (like the most awesome Christmas version of MET) out for people to use.

#3214 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I finished version 1 of the live video replacement project. Gameplay video is below and shows all 9 songs having a new video instead of a Flash animation background of the band.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/j6KGSozYS6ZFE3WP9
Several videos have some stuttering or slowdown during these songs: Rats in the Cellar; Back in the Saddle and Same Old Song and dance
It's because of all the added animations/overlays on those screens - rats walking around; lots of targets shown on the screens.
I'll see if lowering the bit rate on those several videos resolves the stuttering, but I don't want to reduce the video quality much more. Those several songs are already down to 1500kbps bit rate
It's too bad I couldn't complete a version in Pinball Browser by importing all videos without conversion. Without conversion, the videos play smoothly, but I cannot get all videos replaced because the image becomes corrupted before all can be replaced. Been a pain in the ass and extremely time consuming because of that. So I had to just go back to importing and allowing a conversion, which works, but not to my 100% satisfaction. But still, light years better than the original background graphics.

I'm looking forward to trying this when you get it tweaked.

#3215 3 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

I'm looking forward to trying this when you get it tweaked.

I think I've got it as tweaked as tweaked can be now.

#3216 3 years ago

Hope someone can get this done for the premium/LE version. It’s amazing work.

#3217 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I think I've got it as tweaked as tweaked can be now.

Will you be sharing this awesome new feature?

#3218 3 years ago

I streamed the updated videos on Twitch a few days ago. Not sure how good the quality of the stream is, was testing out Twitch for the first time.

https://www.twitch.tv/p0mc/videos

I'll record new video and save it to Google Photos and post that link.

#3219 3 years ago

Are you going to make it available to download? I would like to try it on my pro. It looks good.

#3220 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I streamed the updated videos on Twitch a few days ago. Not sure how good the quality of the stream is, was testing out Twitch for the first time.
https://www.twitch.tv/p0mc/videos
I'll record new video and save it to Google Photos and post that link.

What SD Card did you use? I have some high speed ones that might perform differently.

#3221 3 years ago

What SD Card did you use? I have some high speed ones that might perform differently.

Tried different makes of class 10 cards. Class 10 or earlier do not matter though. Rats in the Cellar and Same Old Song have too much going on with items being displayed on the screen during the modes. Any slow down is due to the graphics processor or CPU.

I’m completely satisfied now and spent way too many hours on this already. So I’m considering this my final version personally. When I’m playing the game there’s no way I can stand there and watch every second of the video being played.

If I make this available it will be for sale and I’ll mail a loaded SD card out. The image is 29 gigs and I don’t have an easy or simple way to share that online anyway. If I do decide to sell it then I will first make a premium and LE version so they are both available at the same time.

1 week later
#3222 3 years ago

Game started resetting the PC mid game.
I left it off and it seems well with a short teat game.
It not like I score 100 mill a game....

Does anyone know if the quiet fan is the same strength or stronger than stock???

#3223 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Does anyone know if the quiet fan is the same strength or stronger than stock???

It's about half the airflow.

#3224 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Start here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-stern-reboots-on-spike#post-4352554

#3225 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Is it a pro or a prem/le? The Pros have underpowered 300W power supplies that seem to do this more over time, so if you have a pro, it's very likely the 300W power supply Stern cheaped out with is dipping below 48v under heavy load. The $90 500W meanwell fixes pros with the issue. There's a good reason why Stern stopped using the 300W power supply, even in the Pros.

But before that, do you have a multimeter? Do you know how to use one? Your existing power supply may just be outputting slightly less than the 48V one it should be, and you can fix that, but you have to use a multimeter to check the output and guide the fix if needed.

#3226 3 years ago

Anyone with an Aerosmith LE and a Stranger Things LE? How do the purple armours compare?

#3227 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone with an Aerosmith LE and a Stranger Things LE? How do the purple armours compare?

I don't have both, but I have asle and have played stranger things le, and they are very different. Wouldn't even be close if say side by side in a collection

2 weeks later
#3228 3 years ago

I'm messing around with 1.07 on my Pro and here is what I have so far.

- Replaced Sweet Emotion with original music video
- Replaced Love In An Elevator with original music video
- Replaced Love In An Elevator intro with clip from original music video
- Automatically set to Free Play

It's nothing fancy, but it works alright.

https://mega.nz/file/ZdoyQD6L#2It65pDwAai9AtFtFMovCWoyv2-zRLiTYynEELf_Jr4

I'm also working on replacing Walk This Way with the RUN DMC version.

LMK what you think. Cheers.

-Shaun

#3229 3 years ago

Anyone know of any changes done during build?
I have seen in an AC DC forum that some of the cabs had changes late in the run.
Don't know unless you ask...

#3230 3 years ago

Early AS and GB were prone to split their seams. I imagine they beefed up the leg hardware backside the joint or altered their cabinet process. 'Not sure if that's what you're asking.

#3231 3 years ago

My shooter rods for Aerosmith and Heavy Metal arrived today.
Beating the NiB to the door.

20201201_160740-1 (resized).jpg20201201_160740-1 (resized).jpg
#3232 3 years ago

Getting this machine out of an apartment and into a house has made all the difference. Can actually relax and play without the neighbors knocking on the walls!

Finally made it to the Final Tour Wizard Mode, now if I only I could complete Elevator Multiball.

Been lovin' checking out all the cool animations when you complete the super modes. Watching Tom Hamilton get eaten by the snake after completing Super Loops cracks me up!

IMG_6530 (resized).jpgIMG_6530 (resized).jpg
#3233 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Anyone know of any changes done during build?
I have seen in an AC DC forum that some of the cabs had changes late in the run.
Don't know unless you ask...

They added a capacitor kit to remove a flipper flutter problem if I remember right they have a service fix on it. I got one of the last produced and they had it installed

#3234 3 years ago

Had mine just die out while counting up the bonus on ball one.
Restarted itself and it was fine.

Still have to figure out the source of ball into toybox no new ball launched.
Not all the time, but annoying.

#3235 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Still have to figure out the source of ball into toybox no new ball launched.
Not all the time, but annoying.

Connectors. Pull and reseat them all one at a time. Bottom of the toybox, trough.

#3236 3 years ago

I was just tightening everything up.
My bad.

#3237 3 years ago

Anyone looking to sell an AS Pro a few hours from NYC or Northeast PA?

2 weeks later
#3238 3 years ago

I have been getting a bit of screen freeze, table goes dark. Flippers still work. Usually just a few seconds now and then.
Looks like its time to reseat more connections.

Otherwise, working on trying to get majors in some of the harder modes (for me).
Still no medley or loop champ.
Going on 6 months of ownership.

#3239 3 years ago

I'm messing around with 1.07 on my Pro and here is what I have so far.

- Replaced Dude Looks Like a Lady with original music video
- Replaced Last Child video with live performance of Last Child from You Gotta Move
- Replaced Love In An Elevator video with original music video
- Replaced Love In An Elevator intro with clip from original music video
- Replaced Sweet Emotion video with original music video
- Replaced Walk This Way video with Run DMC music video
- Automatically set to Free Play

Working on clips for Love in an Elevator ball lock, super spinners, etc.

https://mega.nz/folder/gBQ2DbRL#3EWh3fD2nktysbVWLrCwgA

Looking for feedback and change suggestions.

#3240 3 years ago

If someone updates their Premium/LE with the updates above let me know.

#3241 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I can give it a whirl.

#3242 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Uploading now. I'm looking for ideas on other items to be replaced.

#3243 3 years ago

If I don't like it can I just default back to the old videos?
Or do I need to save all that data somewhere just in case.
Already have a buddy setting up one of his spare USBs with the data.
Could be fun to try over the holidays.

#3244 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Just download the newest code from stern to revert back to stock

#3245 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

It's best to do this on a separate SD card. Personally, I have a bunch of these on hand for when I mess around with games.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0143RTB1E/

#3246 3 years ago

I will be sure to have 2 USBs.
My wife is not a huge fan of the run dmc WTW. One of her regular modes (dude is the other).

I have had the game locking up on me a bit lately. A code reinstall could be good in either case.

#3247 3 years ago

Couple of ideas:

Dude Looks Like a Lady has 12 different "lady" animations, 8 dudes & 4 ladies. I was thinking of pulling clips from videos where Steven Tyler is dressed/looks like a woman for the dudes and using various women from their video collection for the rest.

Attract Loop animations replaced with concert/live performance clips.

#3248 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I will be sure to have 2 USBs.
My wife is not a huge fan of the run dmc WTW. One of her regular modes (dude is the other).
I have had the game locking up on me a bit lately. A code reinstall could be good in either case.

Not USB flash drives, SD cards.

#3249 3 years ago

Ok SDs....

#3250 3 years ago

Couple of ideas:
Dude Looks Like a Lady has 12 different "lady" animations, 8 dudes & 4 ladies. I was thinking of pulling clips from videos where Steven Tyler is dressed/looks like a woman for the dudes and using various women from their video collection for the rest.
Attract Loop animations replaced with concert/live performance clips.

Do it. I got a premium, so if you need a tester let me know. Thanks for doing this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 24.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 12.75
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/65?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.