IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240123_182538 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 82.
#3101 3 years ago

I miss My Aerosmith.... Maybe I'll buy one back some day. It's a really cool game with nice orbital shots once you get the hang of it.

#3102 3 years ago

I ordered the Ulek store protectors for the slingshots and thumper bumpers.
Still have to get a shaker motor, quiet fan.

Keep thinking about the powder coated returns, but with 1 pin downtime is not an option.

#3103 3 years ago

Yesterday I started working on adding videos to Aerosmith. Here's the results of my first test. I added Walk This Way; Dude Looks Like a Lady and Love in An Elevator. I like the results, so I'm going to keep going and add a video for each song.

#3104 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yesterday I started working on adding videos to Aerosmith. Here's the results of my first test. I added Walk This Way; Dude Looks Like a Lady and Love in An Elevator. I like the results, so I'm going to keep going and add a video for each song.

Looks great!

#3105 3 years ago

Yes that look good. I'm impressed.

#3106 3 years ago

I'll have the next test version installed tonight. I have pinball browser installed on my old computer instead of my gaming laptop because I like to sit in the office and use several monitors, etc. So very slow dealing with video files and then importing them and then takes several hours to create and write the image.

The last video to add is Same Old Song & Dance. Trying to get that done before dinner so the I can save and write the image to the SD card. Then will have it ready by 10pm to play a bit.

I'll figure out a way to host the file and will share it for anyone who wants to try it. At least it's a fun way to freshen up the game for a bit.

#3107 3 years ago

This only works with the Pro correct?

#3108 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

This only works with the Pro correct?

Probably, since there is pro and then prem/le software. Songs are all the same I think, so I could probably just load up that software and import the videos. I'll give it a shot when I'm done with this see if there's any interest.

#3109 3 years ago

This video would be great to add. Maybe at game over or attract:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2719647054917340&id=2077686002446785

#3110 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'll have the next test version installed tonight. I have pinball browser installed on my old computer instead of my gaming laptop because I like to sit in the office and use several monitors, etc. So very slow dealing with video files and then importing them and then takes several hours to create and write the image.
The last video to add is Same Old Song & Dance. Trying to get that done before dinner so the I can save and write the image to the SD card. Then will have it ready by 10pm to play a bit.
I'll figure out a way to host the file and will share it for anyone who wants to try it. At least it's a fun way to freshen up the game for a bit.

That would be like your girl going from blonde to ash blonde. Just to spice thing up.. Now Walk This Way.

#3111 3 years ago

If anyone has a stern Aerosmith topper they would be willing to sell please private message me. I will pay top dollar.

#3112 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Probably, since there is pro and then prem/le software. Songs are all the same I think, so I could probably just load up that software and import the videos. I'll give it a shot when I'm done with this see if there's any interest.

That is outstanding, nice work! Those videos add a lot of mood to the game over the childish cartoon animations. Let me know if you finish all songs and it works on LE games. I’d gladly throw you a little cash for your time to load that on my Aerosmith. Look forward to seeing the other song videos.

#3113 3 years ago

I came up with another idea last night and began working on it today. I have all the video files I need and now I'll need to do some roughing editing and trying to sync them with each song audio from the game. I think the new direction I'm going keeps in line with the artwork & original animations of the game. The backgrounds are going to be animated, but vastly updated and improved to what you would've seen on a PC game around ten years ago. Instead of Flash web animations from 2001.

My completed test version of the video replacement is still burning to the SD card - maybe 20 min left. So I'll post video of that tomorrow and I'm going to buy another license of pinball browser to work on the animated version on my fast gaming laptop. Over the weekend I should have two vastly different versions for anyone to try out.

#3114 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I came up with another idea last night and began working on it today. I have all the video files I need and now I'll need to do some roughing editing and trying to sync them with each song audio from the game. I think the new direction I'm going keeps in line with the artwork & original animations of the game. The backgrounds are going to be animated, but vastly updated and improved to what you would've seen on a PC game around ten years ago. Instead of Flash web animations from 2001.
My completed test version of the video replacement is still burning to the SD card - maybe 20 min left. So I'll post video of that tomorrow and I'm going to buy another license of pinball browser to work on the animated version on my fast gaming laptop. Over the weekend I should have two vastly different versions for anyone to try out.

Interested for sure.

#3115 3 years ago

Is the game over song a separate sound file that could be changed?

#3116 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is the game over song a separate sound file that could be changed?

Game over plays Rats In the Cellar, or whatever song is in that slot.

I just installed Pinball Browser on my gaming laptop (paid for another license). Wow! Took 3 hours to write the image last night and the game wouldn't boot with it. Wrote the image again on the SD card using the laptop - 11 minutes instead of 3 hours! Still didn't boot, image got corrupted. But that's ok since it won't take 3 hours to test my fix attempts.

#3117 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Game over plays Rats In the Cellar, or whatever song is in that slot.
I just installed Pinball Browser on my gaming laptop (paid for another license). Wow! Took 3 hours to write the image last night and the game wouldn't boot with it. Wrote the image again on the SD card using the laptop - 11 minutes instead of 3 hours! Still didn't boot, image got corrupted. But that's ok since it won't take 3 hours to test my fix attempts.

So are there two separate rats in the cellar files? One for game play and one for game over or is it coded as one for both? If single file then no option to change it without affecting the song during the game.

#3118 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So are there two separate rats in the cellar files? One for game play and one for game over or is it coded as one for both? If single file then no option to change it without affecting the song during the game.

It's one song that gets used in several spots. Change that song and you'll also change the game over music that plays.

#3119 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

It's one song that gets used in several spots. Change that song and you'll also change the game over music that plays.

That sucks

#3120 3 years ago

Yeah, ran into that when updating music in Metallica, Ghostbusters and Mustang. Would've liked to be able to just replace the game over music with something specific, but couldn't.

#3121 3 years ago

Test of several animated videos. I had to adjust the bit rate otherwise they would slow down and get choppy at times. Still going to tweak and test again. But this is showing me it’s possible.

#3122 3 years ago

I'm looking at video on a 6" phone. Looking good.

#3123 3 years ago

Looks pretty darn good to me, is the band sort of animated?

Where did you find the content for that?

#3124 3 years ago

About 20 post in 24 hour. PoMC woke this forum up. Someone just logging on will think code update. Why yes it is, in away.

#3125 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Looks pretty darn good to me, is the band sort of animated?
Where did you find the content for that?

Ready to laugh? Guitar Hero: Aerosmith

All but 3 songs in the game have a Guitar Hero video. Dude; Last Child and Same Old Song do not have videos. But I can use other song videos with some editing for them to work.

My wife didn't like those videos when I showed her tonight. She said she prefers the live videos much better. I'm still going to do both versions, but will finish the live videos version first.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3126 3 years ago

Animated is heaps better and suits the theme better to me.

#3127 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Animated is heaps better and suits the theme better to me.

That's my thought, but I do like the live videos as well, so making two versions. I'll have 2 SD cards and can then pop in either one whenever. The animations so far don't play as smooth as the live videos. Burning another version to the SD card now with several videos saved at a different resolution and bit rate. Lots of trial and error with that.

#3128 3 years ago

It's all good work, no doubt, and i commend you. Pinball people are just plain cool.

#3129 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Ready to laugh? Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
All but 3 songs in the game have a Guitar Hero video. Dude; Last Child and Same Old Song do not have videos. But I can use other song videos with some editing for them to work.
My wife didn't like those videos when I showed her tonight. She said she prefers the live videos much better. I'm still going to do both versions, but will finish the live videos version first.

Maybe check out some of the other guitar hero editions or even rock band to see if there is a animated version.

#3130 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

About 20 post in 24 hour. PoMC woke this forum up. Someone just logging on will think code update. Why yes it is, in away.

I play this stupid game every day. And even I was thinking update.

And really, seeing I’m working from home I take a break around 1:30, go down to the Gameroom and play AS. A friend of mine put up a 500 and something million point game, and it offends me. 6 months later I’m still working on cleaning that up.

#3131 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Walk This Way;

I love this!!!

#3132 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

That's my thought, but I do like the live videos as well, so making two versions. I'll have 2 SD cards and can then pop in either one whenever. The animations so far don't play as smooth as the live videos. Burning another version to the SD card now with several videos saved at a different resolution and bit rate. Lots of trial and error with that.

PoMC, is it possible to add videos to the attract screen like this that stern made. The other stern lcd games i have that came after AS have these type of videos that play randomly during attract mode. Nice work, love the live video one!

#3133 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I play this stupid game every day. And even I was thinking update.
And really, seeing I’m working from home I take a break around 1:30, go down to the Gameroom and play AS. A friend of mine put up a 500 and something million point game, and it offends me. 6 months later I’m still working on cleaning that up.

That's a good score to beat. My best is 497 million. 27 combo. After update.

#3134 3 years ago
Quoted from meatwad:

PoMC, is it possible to add videos to the attract screen like this that stern made. The other stern lcd games i have that came after AS have these type of videos that play randomly during attract mode. Nice work, love the live video one!

Yes, they are in there and could be changed. I'll take a look after I finish the main videos. This is so slow going because the firmware image often gets corrupted in pinball browser. Wasted a lot of work yesterday, so today after each video update, I save and backup the image, then test opening it again. We're talking an 8gb file, so it takes time for each operation.

#3135 3 years ago

charges a pretty hefty price compared to regular local powdercoaters too.

#3136 3 years ago

finally joined the club, whats latest code out now, game has 1.02 installed

#3137 3 years ago

Those videos look helluva lot better than stock. Especially the guitar hero clips. The animation fits the theme and the graphics aren’t far off from TMNT.

#3138 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

finally joined the club, whats latest code out now, game has 1.02 installed

Unbenannt (resized).PNGUnbenannt (resized).PNG
#3139 3 years ago

Looks like my other pin doesn't ship until November to Canada.
Broke down and had P1 ship all my Aerosmith spare parts.
Added a shaker motor for my pro.

Should I just drill through the center of the existing mounts from the underside?

Will have to do a dry fit 1st before starting. Especially to be sure I have enough wire to reach the spot.

Parts are a few days out.

#3140 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Looks like my other pin doesn't ship until November to Canada.
Broke down and had P1 ship all my Aerosmith spare parts.
Added a shaker motor for my pro.
Should I just drill through the center of the existing mounts from the underside?
Will have to do a dry fit 1st before starting. Especially to be sure I have enough wire to reach the spot.
Parts are a few days out.

Drill through what mounts?

Is it not already drilled with factory t-nuts waiting?

#3141 3 years ago

I see the nuts underneath.
I just don't recall them being noticable from inside the cabinet.

#3142 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I see the nuts underneath.
I just don't recall them being noticable from inside the cabinet.

They are there for ease of install. No drill needed.

If you need a hand I'd be happy to walk you through it on phone or vid chat.

Very easy, just one screw that you need baby hands for

#3143 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Drill through what mounts?
Is it not already drilled with factory t-nuts waiting?

Just seen this and was like WHAT. no drill needed, I repeat, no drill needed.

#3144 3 years ago

I just don't open it up much.
Now that I have art blades I have to be really careful opening and closing, try to keep it to a minimum.
If I do drill them out it would be with a very small bit. Have to leave some meat to grab to.
I have a nice pin vice from my days painting minis.

#3145 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I just don't open it up much.
Now that I have art blades I have to be really careful opening and closing, try to keep it to a minimum.
If I do drill them out it would be with a very small bit. Have to leave some meat to grab to.
I have a nice pin vice from my days painting minis.

DO NOT DRILL

FORGET THE DRILL

YOU DO NOT NEED IT

#3146 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

DO NOT DRILL
FORGET THE DRILL
YOU DO NOT NEED IT

daves.not_.here_ (resized).jpgdaves.not_.here_ (resized).jpg

#3147 3 years ago

looking for a topper. whats the best one out. factory or aftermarket?

#3148 3 years ago

Installed.
Shook like crazy
Unplugged
Node board 1 not found

I did have to drill.
Plugged into bottom of the board like the utube video.

#3149 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Installed.
Shook like crazy
Unplugged
Node board 1 not found
I did have to drill.

If you bought the wrong shaker you just cooked your node board. Ask me how I know...
What shaker did you buy? I think they removed the capacitor for the Spike games.

#3150 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Installed.
Shook like crazy
Unplugged
Node board 1 not found
I did have to drill.

Still not sure what you had to drill.

Got pics?

I'm very curious and slightly concerned

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 4,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/63?hl=hawkeyexx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.