Topic Stats

• 3,134 posts
  • 307 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 minutes ago by PoMC
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 490 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sw1 (resized).jpg
jnjn (resized).jpg
6E2ECE1A-820A-4630-802F-964FA2AD1DC3 (resized).jpeg
21F7AFE8-EA20-486C-91D7-DD9F1C41B034 (resized).jpeg
2922FE70-1E02-4447-A91A-6408A57CB900 (resized).jpeg
F05DDD6A-B59F-4F7A-9FEC-71E75F446C3D (resized).jpeg
20200811_153643 (resized).jpg
20200811_153628 (resized).jpg
20200811_153555 (resized).jpg
8770B84A-63D2-4C3F-AE52-BFA6C29A61AE (resized).jpeg
682EAA21-96EE-47D1-BD09-967BB94A6E18 (resized).jpeg
79668C13-F409-4A2C-A19D-8A542EFF37CE (resized).jpeg
5412A7BB-244D-4557-93F3-1543A2487D00 (resized).jpeg
20200728_200443 (resized).jpg
2020-07-23 16.41.50 (resized).jpg
20200716_111904-1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3134 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 63.
#3101 9 days ago

I miss My Aerosmith.... Maybe I'll buy one back some day. It's a really cool game with nice orbital shots once you get the hang of it.

#3102 5 days ago

I ordered the Ulek store protectors for the slingshots and thumper bumpers.
Still have to get a shaker motor, quiet fan.

Keep thinking about the powder coated returns, but with 1 pin downtime is not an option.

#3103 2 days ago

Yesterday I started working on adding videos to Aerosmith. Here's the results of my first test. I added Walk This Way; Dude Looks Like a Lady and Love in An Elevator. I like the results, so I'm going to keep going and add a video for each song.

#3104 2 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yesterday I started working on adding videos to Aerosmith. Here's the results of my first test. I added Walk This Way; Dude Looks Like a Lady and Love in An Elevator. I like the results, so I'm going to keep going and add a video for each song.

Looks great!

#3105 2 days ago

Yes that look good. I'm impressed.

#3106 2 days ago

I'll have the next test version installed tonight. I have pinball browser installed on my old computer instead of my gaming laptop because I like to sit in the office and use several monitors, etc. So very slow dealing with video files and then importing them and then takes several hours to create and write the image.

The last video to add is Same Old Song & Dance. Trying to get that done before dinner so the I can save and write the image to the SD card. Then will have it ready by 10pm to play a bit.

I'll figure out a way to host the file and will share it for anyone who wants to try it. At least it's a fun way to freshen up the game for a bit.

#3107 2 days ago

This only works with the Pro correct?

#3108 1 day ago
Quoted from djreddog:

This only works with the Pro correct?

Probably, since there is pro and then prem/le software. Songs are all the same I think, so I could probably just load up that software and import the videos. I'll give it a shot when I'm done with this see if there's any interest.

#3109 1 day ago

This video would be great to add. Maybe at game over or attract:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2719647054917340&id=2077686002446785

#3110 1 day ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'll have the next test version installed tonight. I have pinball browser installed on my old computer instead of my gaming laptop because I like to sit in the office and use several monitors, etc. So very slow dealing with video files and then importing them and then takes several hours to create and write the image.
The last video to add is Same Old Song & Dance. Trying to get that done before dinner so the I can save and write the image to the SD card. Then will have it ready by 10pm to play a bit.
I'll figure out a way to host the file and will share it for anyone who wants to try it. At least it's a fun way to freshen up the game for a bit.

That would be like your girl going from blonde to ash blonde. Just to spice thing up.. Now Walk This Way.

#3111 1 day ago

If anyone has a stern Aerosmith topper they would be willing to sell please private message me. I will pay top dollar.

#3112 1 day ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Probably, since there is pro and then prem/le software. Songs are all the same I think, so I could probably just load up that software and import the videos. I'll give it a shot when I'm done with this see if there's any interest.

That is outstanding, nice work! Those videos add a lot of mood to the game over the childish cartoon animations. Let me know if you finish all songs and it works on LE games. I’d gladly throw you a little cash for your time to load that on my Aerosmith. Look forward to seeing the other song videos.

#3113 1 day ago

I came up with another idea last night and began working on it today. I have all the video files I need and now I'll need to do some roughing editing and trying to sync them with each song audio from the game. I think the new direction I'm going keeps in line with the artwork & original animations of the game. The backgrounds are going to be animated, but vastly updated and improved to what you would've seen on a PC game around ten years ago. Instead of Flash web animations from 2001.

My completed test version of the video replacement is still burning to the SD card - maybe 20 min left. So I'll post video of that tomorrow and I'm going to buy another license of pinball browser to work on the animated version on my fast gaming laptop. Over the weekend I should have two vastly different versions for anyone to try out.

#3114 1 day ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I came up with another idea last night and began working on it today. I have all the video files I need and now I'll need to do some roughing editing and trying to sync them with each song audio from the game. I think the new direction I'm going keeps in line with the artwork & original animations of the game. The backgrounds are going to be animated, but vastly updated and improved to what you would've seen on a PC game around ten years ago. Instead of Flash web animations from 2001.
My completed test version of the video replacement is still burning to the SD card - maybe 20 min left. So I'll post video of that tomorrow and I'm going to buy another license of pinball browser to work on the animated version on my fast gaming laptop. Over the weekend I should have two vastly different versions for anyone to try out.

Interested for sure.

#3115 1 day ago

Is the game over song a separate sound file that could be changed?

#3116 1 day ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is the game over song a separate sound file that could be changed?

Game over plays Rats In the Cellar, or whatever song is in that slot.

I just installed Pinball Browser on my gaming laptop (paid for another license). Wow! Took 3 hours to write the image last night and the game wouldn't boot with it. Wrote the image again on the SD card using the laptop - 11 minutes instead of 3 hours! Still didn't boot, image got corrupted. But that's ok since it won't take 3 hours to test my fix attempts.

#3117 1 day ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Game over plays Rats In the Cellar, or whatever song is in that slot.
I just installed Pinball Browser on my gaming laptop (paid for another license). Wow! Took 3 hours to write the image last night and the game wouldn't boot with it. Wrote the image again on the SD card using the laptop - 11 minutes instead of 3 hours! Still didn't boot, image got corrupted. But that's ok since it won't take 3 hours to test my fix attempts.

So are there two separate rats in the cellar files? One for game play and one for game over or is it coded as one for both? If single file then no option to change it without affecting the song during the game.

#3118 1 day ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So are there two separate rats in the cellar files? One for game play and one for game over or is it coded as one for both? If single file then no option to change it without affecting the song during the game.

It's one song that gets used in several spots. Change that song and you'll also change the game over music that plays.

#3119 1 day ago
Quoted from PoMC:

It's one song that gets used in several spots. Change that song and you'll also change the game over music that plays.

That sucks

#3120 1 day ago

Yeah, ran into that when updating music in Metallica, Ghostbusters and Mustang. Would've liked to be able to just replace the game over music with something specific, but couldn't.

#3121 1 day ago

Test of several animated videos. I had to adjust the bit rate otherwise they would slow down and get choppy at times. Still going to tweak and test again. But this is showing me it’s possible.

#3122 1 day ago

I'm looking at video on a 6" phone. Looking good.

#3123 1 day ago

Looks pretty darn good to me, is the band sort of animated?

Where did you find the content for that?

#3124 1 day ago

About 20 post in 24 hour. PoMC woke this forum up. Someone just logging on will think code update. Why yes it is, in away.

#3125 1 day ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Looks pretty darn good to me, is the band sort of animated?
Where did you find the content for that?

Ready to laugh? Guitar Hero: Aerosmith

All but 3 songs in the game have a Guitar Hero video. Dude; Last Child and Same Old Song do not have videos. But I can use other song videos with some editing for them to work.

My wife didn't like those videos when I showed her tonight. She said she prefers the live videos much better. I'm still going to do both versions, but will finish the live videos version first.

#3126 1 day ago

Animated is heaps better and suits the theme better to me.

#3127 23 hours ago
Quoted from punkin:

Animated is heaps better and suits the theme better to me.

That's my thought, but I do like the live videos as well, so making two versions. I'll have 2 SD cards and can then pop in either one whenever. The animations so far don't play as smooth as the live videos. Burning another version to the SD card now with several videos saved at a different resolution and bit rate. Lots of trial and error with that.

#3128 23 hours ago

It's all good work, no doubt, and i commend you. Pinball people are just plain cool.

#3129 23 hours ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Ready to laugh? Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
All but 3 songs in the game have a Guitar Hero video. Dude; Last Child and Same Old Song do not have videos. But I can use other song videos with some editing for them to work.
My wife didn't like those videos when I showed her tonight. She said she prefers the live videos much better. I'm still going to do both versions, but will finish the live videos version first.

Maybe check out some of the other guitar hero editions or even rock band to see if there is a animated version.

#3130 20 hours ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

About 20 post in 24 hour. PoMC woke this forum up. Someone just logging on will think code update. Why yes it is, in away.

I play this stupid game every day. And even I was thinking update.

And really, seeing I’m working from home I take a break around 1:30, go down to the Gameroom and play AS. A friend of mine put up a 500 and something million point game, and it offends me. 6 months later I’m still working on cleaning that up.

#3131 20 hours ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Walk This Way;

I love this!!!

#3132 19 hours ago
Quoted from PoMC:

That's my thought, but I do like the live videos as well, so making two versions. I'll have 2 SD cards and can then pop in either one whenever. The animations so far don't play as smooth as the live videos. Burning another version to the SD card now with several videos saved at a different resolution and bit rate. Lots of trial and error with that.

PoMC, is it possible to add videos to the attract screen like this that stern made. The other stern lcd games i have that came after AS have these type of videos that play randomly during attract mode. Nice work, love the live video one!

#3133 2 hours ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I play this stupid game every day. And even I was thinking update.
And really, seeing I’m working from home I take a break around 1:30, go down to the Gameroom and play AS. A friend of mine put up a 500 and something million point game, and it offends me. 6 months later I’m still working on cleaning that up.

That's a good score to beat. My best is 497 million. 27 combo. After update.

#3134 45 minutes ago
Quoted from meatwad:

PoMC, is it possible to add videos to the attract screen like this that stern made. The other stern lcd games i have that came after AS have these type of videos that play randomly during attract mode. Nice work, love the live video one!

Yes, they are in there and could be changed. I'll take a look after I finish the main videos. This is so slow going because the firmware image often gets corrupted in pinball browser. Wasted a lot of work yesterday, so today after each video update, I save and backup the image, then test opening it again. We're talking an 8gb file, so it takes time for each operation.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 3134 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 63.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside