20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 82.
#3051 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Holy crap, $100.00 dollars for that damn thing!

Ya right, must be the long spring thst adds to cost.
Plus I just removed post from between pops. Put protector over hole (Thanks @Who-Dey) and waxed playfield, Now for a little testing.

#3052 3 years ago

That's $100 now, while still available.
Try getting one in 5 years....

#3053 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Ya right, must be the long spring thst adds to cost.
Plus I just removed post from between pops. Put protector over hole (Thanks Who-Dey) and waxed playfield, Now for a little testing.

Please let us know how you like that post being removed.

#3054 3 years ago

Machine plays a million percent better woithout the post. Took it out of my le and wouldn't put it back if asked.

#3055 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Found it. Order up one of these...
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-9965-00
Then just play away without worry.

Thank you. This is the only way, no chance to disable the function "Destroy Jester"?

#3056 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Machine plays a million percent better woithout the post. Took it out of my le and wouldn't put it back if asked.

Plus you can use this post in SW left outlane. Bonus

#3057 3 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

And the next question. Sometimes, when Lock is NOT lit, this little man on the box is bad talking and then the ball flies into his face.
That is funny. One time. But i do not want to destroy this puppet so is there a possibility to change this in the settings (like. go to adj. menupoint 77 or so) so the ball only jumps out of the scoop but on the playfield. Not so high, that it hits this guy.
Thank you.

In the game rules, that shot into Jacky's face is qualified at the lock shot every four "dead shots," where you make a main (arrow) shot with absolutely NOTHING lit on that shot; Jacky pops out from the LCD screen edge with an evil laugh whenever this happens.

AFAIK, the face hit with the ball can't be disabled or power-decreased.

The only related game adjustments I know of are Feature #32 - 34 but those only affect the extra ball awards from the dead shots themselves.

#3058 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Please let us know how you like that post being removed.

Went to remove post and it was lose again. It's not going back in. Like how your rolling from right orbit to left, then sometimes it hits a pop bumper and into the center playfield or to ball lock for toy box. I like it alot. My 10 year old niece loves this game, I'm not going to tell her what I did and I bet she will notice it change. Two thumbs Up

#3059 3 years ago

It's good when it gets into the pops from the center of the playfield too.

#3060 3 years ago

anyone have a set of extra sling plastics They can part with? I broke my right one. I cant seem to find just the slings. I can find a whole set but I don't need all of the extra plastics.

#3061 3 years ago

Looking for an aerosmith premium

#3062 3 years ago

What's your go to starting mode?

Currently: Same Old (super targets)

I try to leave Last Child until late. Takes a while to get the feel for loops.

#3063 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

What's your go to starting mode?
Currently: Same Old (super targets)
I try to leave Last Child until late. Takes a while to get the feel for loops.

Currently: Walk this way (super ramps)
Even though I STILL have a problem hitting the right ramp, I always want to. It probably isn't the best scoring opportunity, but there is nothing better than hitting the ramps in succession over and over. When I actually do it, I feel like a pinball god.

#3064 3 years ago

Same Old Song, Walk This Way, Sweet Emotion/W 6ball Multi, Dude, Last Child, Rats and Elevator in there somewhere then Back In The Saddle

#3065 3 years ago

Love them Super Targets!

#3066 3 years ago

Dude looks like a lady because i love the animations so much they make me smile.

Hardly ever play for points.

#3067 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Dude looks like a lady because i love the animations so much they make me smile.
Hardly ever play for points.

Ok, I’ll admit it... I imitate the animations when I play that mode. Yup, picture a middle aged guy at the flippers with his hands on his belly swaying back and forth. You’re welcome.

#3068 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Ok, I’ll admit it... I imitate the animations when I play that mode. Yup, picture a middle aged guy at the flippers with his hands on his belly swaying back and forth. You’re welcome.

Now I Can't play Dude for a month. Gotta shake that image.

#3069 3 years ago

Dude has awesome graphics. Also got to like the graphics on elevator multi ball!! I do hate Back in the Saddle though.

AS is a great game...

#3070 3 years ago

Yessir, elevator is excellent animations too.

#3071 3 years ago

I played a couple of games tonight on mine and blew it pretty good with 180 million points and had a blast. This game is easily Sterns most underrated game of all time.

#3072 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This game is easily Sterns most underrated game of all time.

Is this true?

I own AS now for one week, played some games, but did not have this "wow"-feeling yet.

It is a beauty, yes. It is a good machine to play without frustrations like f.e. BKSoR.

But for the most underrated pin there must be more than that to agree.

Maybe i find it.

#3073 3 years ago

I'm having a hard time not rating it above Deadpool as my favourite Stern. I have recently got The Walking Dead and that's up there, but as to DP V AS, i don't know.

#3074 3 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Is this true?
I own AS now for one week, played some games, but did not have this "wow"-feeling yet.
It is a beauty, yes. It is a good machine to play without frustrations like f.e. BKSoR.
But for the most underrated pin there must be more than that to agree.
Maybe i find it.

I think so and when I say underrated I'm not saying it's better than TWD, IMDN, DP or whatever, I'm just saying this is a great game that most people blow off as being mediocre or even bad.

I have pinball friends that think it's a steaming pile of shit and they laugh at me for owning it and say that I am stuck with it and will never be able to sell it if I ever want to and they offer me a thousand bucks for it etc. Its ok though because I just smile and keep having a blast playing this awesome game.

There the some settings that you could probably change that would help you get through the song list and on to the wizard modes a little bit easier probably. I just think it's a great game with a good rule set, great light show, and good music. Just an all around fun game in my opinion.

#3075 3 years ago

In my opinion, yes, it’s true. I don’t always agree with @who-dey, but when I do, it’s about Aerosmith.

Quoted from Metengo:

That might come down to a couple different things. The first being setup of the game. I’ve always set up most of my games to be pretty difficult and nasty. They’ve been called “unfair” by some members of my league. But it’s the way I like to play them. Short fast games that take effort to get anywhere. But AS didn’t work like that. When I set it up a bit on the easier side, it became a lot more fun. The rhythm of the game shines through. So how is yours set up? It’s not a game like the others, it kind of demands a different setup.

The second possibility is that you may not end up liking the game. And that’s Pinball. We don’t all like the same games. That’s why you always hear that advice for games only goes so far. We are all different and have different tastes. Maybe it works for you, and maybe it doesn’t. I love AS and really enjoy playing it. Maybe you will, or maybe you won’t. Both are totally fine.

Personally I still giggle when the toy box loads. I love starting a 6 ball toy box Multiball. I ALWAYS save my smart bombs until I am losing the second to last ball in toy box, and then I let them all loose. I just love when that earns me a Super Jackie Pot as the shaker goes nuts. I still enjoy that I can’t hit the F’ing right ramp during walk this way. I love hitting the toy box to light the lock, it hits the pop, deflects into the loading saucer, and loads into the box just because “The ball is wild”. And most of all, the way the machine winds up everything to make it all feel like a celebration. I like the rules, the animation, the whole package. I have a fairly decent collection of games, and if I went down to 5 games, AS would still be here.

#3076 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have pinball friends that think it's a steaming pile of shit and they laugh at me for owning it and say that I am stuck with it and will never be able to sell it if I ever want to and they offer me a thousand bucks for it etc. Its ok though because

Geez, nice friends!
In return I’d send them one of these images cropped into a picture frame as a free gift!
21F7AFE8-EA20-486C-91D7-DD9F1C41B034 (resized).jpeg21F7AFE8-EA20-486C-91D7-DD9F1C41B034 (resized).jpeg6E2ECE1A-820A-4630-802F-964FA2AD1DC3 (resized).jpeg6E2ECE1A-820A-4630-802F-964FA2AD1DC3 (resized).jpeg

#3077 3 years ago

Thanks for the tipps.
I will look to change the settings.
I remember RfM was a machine, no fun, no pleasure and after changing settings it was a superb pinball.
AS is a good machine for sure (why should a buy a turd), but at this moment i have not the same impressions as when i started playing GoT.

We will see....

#3078 3 years ago

I am getting the odd lock where it does not release the ball from the trough.
Looks for the ball,
Empties the toybox first.

Weird. Only happens on lock. Suspect it is not optos more code.

#3079 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I am getting the odd lock where it does not release the ball from the trough.
Looks for the ball,
Empties the toybox first.
Weird. Only happens on lock. Suspect it is not optos more code.

I had this happen once before. Check/re-seat the connector going to the Toy Box underneath the playfield. It's a 3 or 4 wire connector going to the right side of the box underside, slightly recessed in the playfield cutout for the assembly. (I'm away from my game so I can't get a photo.)

Mine vibrated loose and once re-seated, ball lock replacements started serving from the trough/shooter lane again.

#3080 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have pinball friends that think it's a steaming pile of shit and they laugh at me for owning it and say that I am stuck with it and will never be able to sell it if I ever want to and they offer me a thousand bucks for it etc.

I would suggest you get new friends ... those ones sound like cocks.

rd

#3081 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

You win the internet today. That is funny, and true! Who cares if others like your pinball, car, house, etc if you do!

#3082 3 years ago

Just got off TNA then got my a$$ kicked by TWD. Time to enjoy some AS and R.O.C.K in the USA

#3083 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

I have taken a lot of flack over this game trust me and the ribbing never ends lol. I dont get it but hey if they are that entertained by abusing me then they can use me as their personal punching bag i guess.

#3084 3 years ago

One of my sayings on giving people shit was adopted by the town when i moved here a couple of years ago.
When someone says "Why is everyone picking on me?"

"Everyone get's a turn".

#3085 3 years ago

Did not find free play cards.
Made this one.
I load the picture in MS Word and rezise it to be correct.
It is easy but can not better explain.
Hope you know what i mean.

If there are other free play cards thanks for the advice.

But maybe someone can use this one.
jnjn (resized).jpgjnjn (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3087 3 years ago

Yes, it is time for a discussion of the finer points...

1. What determines where the super skill shot is? So far this only seems random to me. This is the left flipper held one, plunging not as far as the switch in the right orbit. There are then 3 possible shots for the super skill, 2 of which are MUCH easier than the third. I don't care about the points, but the Smart Missiles can be really valuable. I'm just debating that if it is random, I might start working on the hidden skill shot instead, but that is only one missile.

2. What do the Aerosmith letters mean? I see them on the screen, I "earn them" (no idea how yet). But where are they leading me?

#3088 3 years ago

I have many times gotten the Super Skill Shot (2 missiles) let it drain before "ball save" ends. Short plunge and get the hidden skill shot (1 missile). For a total of 3 missiles on one ball. Now go try that.

#3089 3 years ago

A.e.r.o.s.m.i.t.h. letters are targets for Same Old Song and Dance.
Shot multiplier:
Completing all nine of the yellow stand-up targets lights the shot multiplier on the next shot you make, for the rest of the ball. These also light when the Same Old Song and Dance

#3090 3 years ago

Tilt Fourm: Aerosmith Rulesheet:
http://tiltforums.com/t/aerosmith-rulesheet/2499

#3091 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Yes, it is time for a discussion of the finer points...
1. What determines where the super skill shot is? So far this only seems random to me. This is the left flipper held one, plunging not as far as the switch in the right orbit. There are then 3 possible shots for the super skill, 2 of which are MUCH easier than the third. I don't care about the points, but the Smart Missiles can be really valuable. I'm just debating that if it is random, I might start working on the hidden skill shot instead, but that is only one missile.
2. What do the Aerosmith letters mean? I see them on the screen, I "earn them" (no idea how yet). But where are they leading me?

It’s completely random.

#3092 3 years ago

What i don´t like is, when the balls come out of the box,some of them fall on the plastic on the left side, not on the playfield.
And when the ball flies to Jester it also falls on this plastic.
So i think, it is a question of time to order a complete set of plastics to change one damaged from all these impacts.

Or i install a "shield". Hmmm....

In the ratings someone wrote, AS looks like a crash of Pin and Flower Power VW Bus.

OK. I like this imagination.

And so, i installed a VW Flower Power Bus on that plastic.

Now the balls with "wrong" direction fall on the roof of the bus or hit the side of the bus instead of falling on the plastic.

From there the ball goes to the plastic in front of the box like it should be or to the bumpers what also happens without the VW.

I know it is not the Tour Bus of AS...

On the plastic you see a lot of toys, why not a toy on the plastic

#3093 3 years ago

I was just considering the ulek protectors.
The more I play the more I see the magnet throwing the ball everywhere.
Best to get the uppers and lowers.

Trying to master the skill shot(s)

Still looking for a Stern Topper

#3094 3 years ago

Did not find a coin door plate.

If there are coin door plates thanks for the advice.

#3095 3 years ago

You guys could stop any possibility of the magnet throwing the ball and doing damage with the flick of one switch you know?

Set this backbox switch like shown and it will also stop any further playfield dimpling.

sw1 (resized).jpgsw1 (resized).jpg

#3096 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You guys could stop any possibility of the magnet throwing the ball and doing damage with the flick of one switch you know?
Set this backbox switch like shown and it will also stop any further playfield dimpling.
[quoted image]

For a moment I thought your tmolding was peeling, but then realized you have chrome and it's reflecting the purple.

I've gotten used to mine being purple and it totally threw me off.

#3097 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

Are some peoples playfields being damaged? Mine is fine as far as I know?

#3098 3 years ago

Mine too, but people seem highly concerned about it.

#3099 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Mine too, but people seem highly concerned about it.

I honestly dont think the magnet throwing the ball around is going to hurt a thing. I'd be shocked if it did.

#3100 3 years ago

Me too, but was just offering the solution to the concerned few.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 12.75
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/62?hl=atlpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.