Topic Stats

• 3,028 posts
  • 302 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by BMHouze
  • Topic is favorited by 123 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 481 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8770B84A-63D2-4C3F-AE52-BFA6C29A61AE (resized).jpeg
682EAA21-96EE-47D1-BD09-967BB94A6E18 (resized).jpeg
79668C13-F409-4A2C-A19D-8A542EFF37CE (resized).jpeg
5412A7BB-244D-4557-93F3-1543A2487D00 (resized).jpeg
20200728_200443 (resized).jpg
2020-07-23 16.41.50 (resized).jpg
20200716_111904-1 (resized).jpg
20200716_111908-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_8009 (resized).JPG
IMG_7973 (resized).JPG
IMG_7971 (resized).JPG
20180608_124004_HDR-2 (resized).jpg
as1 (resized).jpg
IMG_7937 (resized).JPG
spk1 (resized).jpg
IMG_7923 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3028 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 61.
#3001 11 days ago

Can anyone tell me why my new to me LE would start selecting the track automatically for eacdh player on the start of a game, but when you complete or fail a mode you can then select your next mode as normal? I thought it may be the smart button so adjusted it so it doesn't work, but it can't be.

#3002 10 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Can anyone tell me why my new to me LE would start selecting the track automatically for eacdh player on the start of a game

A playfield switch stuck on somewhere?

Run the switch tests and check it out ...

rd

#3003 10 days ago

Ok, thanks.

#3004 9 days ago

Turn Aerosmith two days ago and this is on the screen. Sucks the game is under warranty and Stern is shut down....

20200728_200443 (resized).jpg
#3005 9 days ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Turn Aerosmith two days ago and this is on the screen. Sucks the game is under warranty and Stern is shut down....
[quoted image]

Is the coin door open?

#3006 9 days ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Is the coin door open?

Nope its closed. I checked the connections on the board. I don't want to void the warranty.....waiting on email back from Stern

#3007 9 days ago

My left scoop sporadically will not register when hit. When it fails, the machine will then run through the ball search and kick the ball out and the scoop will then work for the next several times when hit. It looks like the correct contact is being made when it fails to work and no physical adjustments are needed for it to work the next several times. I'd say it works 90% of the time, but that 10% fail rate seems to come at the worst times, usually when Select Track is lit. Any ideas on what may be causing this?

#3008 8 days ago

Mine was a wire came off the switch.
Scoop switch 4.95

#3009 8 days ago

Has anyone here added PinStadium lights ?? I’m thinking about adding a UV light.. and from what I understand one of their kits has it.

Thanks !

#3010 8 days ago

Got some Powder Coating done !!

Rob Stone did a Great Job!

5412A7BB-244D-4557-93F3-1543A2487D00 (resized).jpeg682EAA21-96EE-47D1-BD09-967BB94A6E18 (resized).jpeg79668C13-F409-4A2C-A19D-8A542EFF37CE (resized).jpeg8770B84A-63D2-4C3F-AE52-BFA6C29A61AE (resized).jpeg
#3011 7 days ago
Quoted from JeffJr:

Wow!

#3012 7 days ago
Quoted from powell:

My left scoop sporadically will not register when hit. When it fails, the machine will then run through the ball search and kick the ball out and the scoop will then work for the next several times when hit. It looks like the correct contact is being made when it fails to work and no physical adjustments are needed for it to work the next several times. I'd say it works 90% of the time, but that 10% fail rate seems to come at the worst times, usually when Select Track is lit. Any ideas on what may be causing this?

I'd adjust the switch to activate sooner. Loosen the switch mounting screws and rotate the switch so the blade is further into the scoop.

Maybe trace the switch wires back to the node board and reseat the connector

If that doesn't do it, I'd try a new switch.

#3013 7 days ago
Quoted from JeffJr:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks fantastic!

#3014 7 days ago

Someone do green.
I need to compare.

Nice mod.

#3015 7 days ago

Starting to think about picking up an Aerosmith Pro. Any particular issues or mods to be on the lookout for?

#3016 7 days ago

Pick up a few spare scoop switches.
A few sets of balls.
Plastic protectors.
I keep mine middle level.
Still get many airballs off the magnet.

I planned long term ownership and bought a spare toybox lid, inner liner and jacky.

#3017 7 days ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Pick up a few spare scoop switches.
A few sets of balls.
Plastic protectors.
I keep mine middle level.
Still get many airballs off the magnet.
I planned long term ownership and bought a spare toybox lid, inner liner and jacky.

Where did you buy the toy box lid at?

#3018 6 days ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I'd adjust the switch to activate sooner. Loosen the switch mounting screws and rotate the switch so the blade is further into the scoop.

Thanks for the response...I'll give it a try.

#3019 6 days ago
Quoted from JeffJr:

Has anyone here added PinStadium lights ?? I’m thinking about adding a UV light.. and from what I understand one of their kits has it.
Thanks !

Yup, I swapped over one of my Pinstadiums into my Aerosmith and it looks fantastic.

#3020 6 days ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Thank you Schwaggs. Extending the blade further into the scoop solved the problem! The ball had been slipping past and landing under the blade 1 out of 10 shots.

#3021 6 days ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Someone do green.
I need to compare.
Nice mod.

I’d like to see the green too!

#3023 6 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yup, I swapped over one of my Pinstadiums into my Aerosmith and it looks fantastic.

how’s it react with the game ?? I’m seriously thinking about adding a set!

#3024 6 days ago
Quoted from scootss:

Starting to think about picking up an Aerosmith Pro. Any particular issues or mods to be on the lookout for?

you will love it.. the game doesn’t get the attention they deserve!

#3025 6 days ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

[quoted image]

On a new game, I'd be surprised if this was it. However, according to Stern's Core Node Stabilization Kit instructions, Symtom: "Upon powering up the game, the message “LOCATING NODE BOARD / 8 / NODE NOT FOUND” is displayed on the LCD display."
Explanation: "The node board has lost its 6v power source and lost communication with the CPU board."

That is from their instructions available at:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB189.pdf

I had put that kit in my game when I got it. So review those instructions, and have a really close look at D9 on the node board near the trough. Also obviously checking the cables there.

#3026 5 days ago
Quoted from JeffJr:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What did the powder coating cost?

#3027 3 days ago

If anyone has a broken jacky head or can print one, let me know. It doesn't need to be complete even.

#3028 2 days ago

The head on spring is available from stern.
Pinball life (I think)....
Pretty sure it is around $100

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Machine - For Sale
Kalamazoo, MI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 3028 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 61.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside