20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 82.
#2951 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks, i did enjoy it for the short time it was out, didn't really think there was going to be any wear from the ball going over the edge of the mylar around it, jeez every piece of mylar on there has an edge somewhere, but this will be my most expensive pinball ever so far, couple hundred bucks over my Ducati 1098 and i'm worried a little about damage. I guess i'll just pull it out when it gets here and keep an eye on it, less someone else pops up and says don't do it.

Throw a piece of mylar over it when it arrives. The ball flys out of the pops quick enough that you will never notice a piece of mylar doing anything to the ball. If the ball drops out of the pops, half the time it drains SDTM which is frustrating. To me the removed post equaled less SDTM drains from the pops as well as adding a new ball direction to increase action.

#2952 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Just curious, when you say “exciting” does it mean more difficult? Hope so.
I wouldn’t want any Jacky lock gimmes!
Those pops are pretty exciting as it is when you don’t hit a clean shot!

You probs won't want to do it then. You get more lucky ones.

#2953 3 years ago

I spoke with P1 today.
Star Trek had a similar issue with the monitor not booting up on startup.
Software issue.

Looks like I need a code fix already, came with the latest code last week....

Ordered a spare toy box for down the road.

#2954 3 years ago

Heaps better with the post out.

#2955 3 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Heaps better with the post out.

I'm going to have to take mine out and try that. Why is it so much better with that post out? Also where exactly is it located?

#2956 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm going to have to take mine out and try that. Why is it so much better with that post out? Also where exactly is it located?

The post right in-between the two pop bumpers.

20180608_124004_HDR-2 (resized).jpg20180608_124004_HDR-2 (resized).jpg
#2957 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

The post right in-between the two pop bumpers.[quoted image]

Thank you. Do you have yours out also?

#2958 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thank you. Do you have yours out also?

No I haven't tried it removed. Screw was loose one time and I tightened it. Maybe It was telling me something, (remove me).

#2959 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It just brings a lot more randomness to the game. Shoot the pops and sometimes it goes SDTM, shoot the pops and sometimes it safely returns to the left flipper, shoot the pops and get a random feed to the center of the play field, shoot the pops and it slings it into the ball lock, shoot the pops and it slings it into the trunk lighting a lock, shoot the pops and it slings it into the elevator.

Possibilities are endless.

#2960 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

It just brings a lot more randomness to the game. Shoot the pops and sometimes it goes SDTM, shoot the pops and sometimes it safely returns to the left flipper, shoot the pops and get a random feed to the center of the play field, shoot the pops and it slings it into the ball lock, shoot the pops and it slings it into the trunk lighting a lock, shoot the pops and it slings it into the elevator.
Possibilities are endless.

I will give that a try soon, thanks.

#2961 3 years ago

After removing post, should you put down some mylar. Next cleaning I may remove my post.

#2962 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

After removing post, should you put down some mylar. Next cleaning I may remove my post.

I definitely would do that. I have some removable mylar/vinyl that I always use. It stays down and last a long time and if you ever want to remove it, it peels right up.

#2963 3 years ago

I noticed 2 big ball traps. Crank it up can hold 2 balls.
Lock with 2 balls is downright airball city.
Look out left wireform ramp.

What are people doing, if anything?

#2964 3 years ago

Can fit more than two balls in the lock

#2965 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I definitely would do that. I have some removable mylar/vinyl that I always use. It stays down and last a long time and if you ever want to remove it, it peels right up.

Where do you get a piece of mylar to cover the post hole after you remove it?

#2966 3 years ago

Aerosmith Pro For being new to this whole pinball world... my first 2 custom "mods" came out pretty cool. Too bad my scoring isn't pretty cool... yet.

IMG_7971 (resized).JPGIMG_7971 (resized).JPGIMG_7973 (resized).JPGIMG_7973 (resized).JPG
#2967 3 years ago
Quoted from Doghouse-Studio:

Where do you get a piece of mylar to cover the post hole after you remove it?

This is what I bought. I use it for anywhere I think there might be a wear area like in shooter lanes, ball trough drain, and in front of scoops etc. Itworks and holds up really well and peels right up without any problems if you ever need to replace it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013Z7DZA6

#2968 3 years ago

1st downtime today.
Wire broke off the elevator switch right at the switch.
Down until I can get another switch.

Couldn't get the elevator off from the bottom.
I can't seem to find a socket that fits the 2 elevator nuts.

Damn, switches.
I may just get a few.
Not too good at soldering on arm switches.

Also had a 3/4 length pin fall out from somewhere..
Looks like a regular sewing pin with a silver round head..

#2969 3 years ago

Another upvote to remove the post. I got a new #1 high score on my first game. Loved it. I found a square Stern pinball sticker from ghostbusters I covered mine with. You can’t see that area when playing.

#2970 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This is what I bought. I use it for anywhere I think there might be a wear area like in shooter lanes, ball trough drain, and in front of scoops etc. Itworks and holds up really well and peels right up without any problems if you ever need to replace it.
amazon.com link »

Ordered, Looks like I'll remove post when mylar rolls in. Thanks T Who-Dey

#2971 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Ordered, Looks like I'll remove post when mylar rolls in. Thanks T Who-Dey

You are welcome. That roll will probably last you about 5 or 10 lifetimes lol. You can probably buy that in square sheets I would assume also but that's what someone gave me the link to a long time ago. It's really great stuff. You will never use regular mylar again after using this.

#2972 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

amazon.com link »

Thanks! So it won’t leave any kind of adhesive residue it you take the Mylar piece off?

#2973 3 years ago

Thanks! So it won’t leave any kind of adhesive residue it you take the Mylar piece off?

Nope none at all to my knowledge and if it did it would clean off easily. You can't hardly get mylar off after you put it on but this stuff peels right up when you want to take it off.

#2974 3 years ago

I am watching the led lighted ramos mod on ebay.
Says you get 2 ramps.
Anyone out there have this mod?
Looks neat but a little too repetitive...

#2975 3 years ago

Anyone have a schematic of Node 8

Vip is not lighting on the outlane.
No power going to the led.
Power up the line.

Looks like the place to begin.

#2976 3 years ago

Had 5 in the Toy Box and hit elevator multiball.
Very rewarding.
Took the 6 in the toybox after reloading a few.

#2977 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Anyone have a schematic of Node 8
Vip is not lighting on the outlane.
No power going to the led.
Power up the line.
Looks like the place to begin.

Are they not on this stern page at the bottom
https://sternpinball.com/support/

#2978 3 years ago

My lamp is either the board pins or the wiring to the lamp.
Lamp (led board) is good.

Not a front burner issue at the moment.
I may just keep an eye out for a cheap spare node 8 and swap it out.
One you start de-clipping the harness the spegattification starts.....

#2979 3 years ago

Does anyone know how I'd go about fixing a flasher that's not working? I may have broken something or unplugged something (although I was really careful) trying to install a plastic protector. Thanks

IMG_8009 (resized).JPGIMG_8009 (resized).JPG
#2980 3 years ago

Does anyone know how I'd go about fixing a flasher that's not working? I may have broken something or unplugged something (although I was really careful) trying to install a plastic protector. Thanks
[quoted image]

With the plastic protector you don't need that big washer. And you sure don't need it on top of your plastic. As far as flasher, bulb just loose or out of connector.

#2981 3 years ago

[quoted image]

After better look washer is under plastic. My bad

#2982 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

After better look washer is under plastic. My bad

Its not really a bulb, its like a tiny LED on a little board

#2983 3 years ago

Its not really a bulb, its like a tiny LED on a little board

Turn on all flashers in your settings....if you have a volt meter you can check for voltage on the led board.

#2984 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Turn on all flashers in your settings....if you have a volt meter you can check for voltage on the led board.

Yeah great idea thanks!

#2985 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

They dampened some of the excitement with the most recent code update, but it is still a good game that doesn't take much strategies to play. There are some gambles with the toy box multiball that keep it interesting. We bought it simply because it is fun to play. No real wow factor (other than launching into the toy box), but it is fun. Plain and simple. A little heckling to nag at you. Good music, great artwork, animations are ... okay ... better than DMD and a few other games. Interesting scoring.

What occurred in the code update to dampen play, @kingbw? Is it on all versions? I'm researching my next machine, and this is high on my list.

#2986 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

What occurred in the code update to dampen play, kingbw? Is it on all versions? I'm researching my next machine, and this is high on my list.

They removed the “Hey batter batter” callout when a baseball bat was being thrown into the toybox. Now it’s unplayable.

Only kidding a little, because that was my favorite callout in the game.

Older versions of the code had an extra level of excitement. The timings of modes felt better adjusted, and all the callouts seemed timed for more excitement. It was a more exciting, and less balanced game.

HOWEVER, if that meant all that much to me, I could just downgrade the software in mine, but I haven’t. It’s still a damn fun game. I always enjoy playing it. I ended up with mine just through a deal between some friends. And right now it’s my fourth most played game, which is pretty good in my collection.

#2987 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

They removed the “Hey batter batter” callout when a baseball bat was being thrown into the toybox. Now it’s unplayable.
Older versions of the code had an extra level of excitement. The timings of modes felt better adjusted, and all the callouts seemed timed for more excitement. It was a more exciting, and less balanced game.
HOWEVER, if that meant all that much to me, I could just downgrade the software in mine, but I haven’t. It’s still a damn fun game. I always enjoy playing it. I ended up with mine just through a deal between some friends. And right now it’s my fourth most played game, which is pretty good in my collection.

Cant you make adjustments to the new code to make it like the old code was Though like shortening the length of some of the song modes or something?

#2988 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

What occurred in the code update to dampen play, kingbw? Is it on all versions? I'm researching my next machine, and this is high on my list.

What these guys say is true.

Quoted from DaveH:

Yes it is still a fun game. Balancing things technically made it more "correct".

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Cant you make adjustments to the new code to make it like the old code was Though like shortening the length of some of the song modes or something?

That's an option for some things, but for now I'm leaving it as intended by Stern. The longer times allow me to sometimes complete the songs the first time around. What is missing is for 3 of the songs if the mode timed out and you had some amount of coins (I think you only needed 1 coin), it would auto-complete and award you the associated "super" rewards. One of those was super ramps for Walk this Way. My wife misses that as she can't collect enough coins in the time allotted to complete the songs to get the excitement of those rewards. Granted ... that's probably the way it "should" be, but don't tell her that. It is "less fun" in that sense for her, but she still loves to play it and try. Instead of switching songs when it times out, she sometimes continues/restarts the same song to eventually get one of those rewards.

Don't tell her, but I made it a hair harder to be similar to the old code in that you have to make one lit song shot before the "Crank it up" will be lit. I feel pretty strong that you have to earn that and it shouldn't be a freebie.

#2989 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Thanks for the info. "Attack from Mars" is another machine I'm looking at. Between that and Aerosmith, what gets the nod, especially with guests in mind? I have a JP Pro, so I've got the more difficult shot game covered.

#2990 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Thanks for the info. "Attack from Mars" is another machine I'm looking at. Between that and Aerosmith, what gets the nod, especially with guests in mind? I have a JP Pro, so I've got the more difficult shot game covered.

It depends on who the guest is. If they are a "pinball person", they tend to gravitate more towards AFM. Non-pinball people tend to go more towards AS, mostly because I'm in Boston, and AS is from around here.

As for me, I love AFM. It is just classic good pinball. They nailed it with that game. I prefer (and own) the original. But I'm sure it would have been fine if I ended up with a remake instead.

Sorry that isn't really an answer. I like and play both of them. I think you would be happy with either of them. But if I was pressed to sell one of them, I'd probably keep AS. Because like I said, I enjoy playing it. And I've ruled the universe on AFM, but I haven't sniffed Final Tour on AS. That is always part of my equation.

#2991 3 years ago

All my buds all gravitated to Alien Poker.
That's the game our local arcade had.

Sure they like the rest.
But the memories.....

#2992 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I love AS but honestly i think AFM would be the better game for guest to play. AFM is just aall around great game, a true classic. Get the SE model if you can, it is sweet.

#2993 3 years ago

Non-pinheads love AS in my collection.

The music is familiar, game play is simple. It looks really nice. I think the large video screen makes it more modern looking and attractive to non-pinheads compared to DMD games. They also love watching the ball fly into the toybox which is a shot anyone can make if not on purpose, for sure accidentally.

My nod would go towards AS over AFM for non-pinheads.

#2994 3 years ago

Installed my mods today.
Officially pimped.

20200716_111904-1 (resized).jpg20200716_111904-1 (resized).jpg20200716_111908-1 (resized).jpg20200716_111908-1 (resized).jpg
#2995 3 years ago

Looking for a Stern 'Jacky' shooter rod.

A bit of a long shot.
Anyone....

#2996 3 years ago

looking for pro if anybody close to st. louis is selling! would consider about 4 hr drive one way.

#2998 3 years ago

To nice to set on, it looks so,so soft.

#2999 3 years ago

Didn't know it was Embroidery that's even better.

#3000 3 years ago

Thought this was worth sharing, just uploaded the Italian Tecnoplay version of the Aerosmith flyer. Not sure why it has the Tecnoplay logo on it but here it is:

https://nypinball.com/flyers/aerosmith-2/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.75
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/60?hl=hawkeyexx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.