IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240123_182538 (resized).jpg
20240123_182607 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240110_065014_Chrome (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 82.
#251 6 years ago

#252 6 years ago

Good God.....please never do that to us again! She just murdered Dream on and when I say murdered, I don't mean that in a good way either!

#253 6 years ago

So, fitted Cliffy KISS protector as no AS ones made yet and guess what - it fits pretty good!

IMG_1625 (resized).JPGIMG_1625 (resized).JPG

#254 6 years ago

I got my AS home last night after a grueling 13-hour, 760 mile round trip. I think it was worth it though, since it was $5000 for the game, upgraded rails AND the topper. I'll drive pretty far to save ~$900. As a side note, the "born on" date of March 9 is the exact day that I got laid off from my job of 23 years!

I'm really surprised that this topic is not on fire. This is the latest Stern that's out on location and in basements. Maybe everyone is playing AS instead of talking about it.

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm really surprised that this topic is not on fire. This is the latest Stern that's out on location and in basements. Maybe everyone is playing AS instead of talking about it.

It's a really fun game with no major issues so I guess there's just not much to talk about.

I think a code update would get folks talking... it seems really complete with just a couple touches that could be added (another MB mode would be nice too) so I'm not holding my breath.

Sorry about your layoff, that stinks.

#256 6 years ago

I love my Aerosmith pro, tryed the LE and orderd pro, not missin upper ramp. Great pin, no issues from start, pretty nice code for a new stern pin. Yeahhh

IMG_1113 (resized).JPGIMG_1113 (resized).JPG

IMG_1151 (resized).JPGIMG_1151 (resized).JPG

#257 6 years ago

I think I've found a bug. Three times now, after I started Rats in the Cellar, the song audio changed to something else. The red "Rats" insert was still flashing, and I was definitely playing that mode, but the audio changed to something else (a different song every time). It's always a few seconds into starting the mode.

EDIT: found another bug. The "TOYS" insert flashes continuously, until TITA MB starts - then it goes out. The logic is reversed somewhere.

EDIT: send both of these to [email protected].

#258 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think I've found a bug. Three times now, after I started Rats in the Cellar, the song audio changed to something else. The red "Rats" insert was still flashing, and I was definitely playing that mode, but the audio changed to something else (a different song every time). It's always a few seconds into starting the mode.
EDIT: found another bug. The "TOYS" insert flashes continuously, until TITA MB starts - then it goes out. The logic is reversed somewhere.

that happened to me too

#259 6 years ago

Last week the wife and I went out to this new pinball bar called the Operating Room that had just opened in West Des Moines, pinball isn't really her thing but shes a trooper and went anyways; if I had to describe this place with just one word, it would be ... AWESOME! Anyways, they had over a dozen machines, most were recent titles included both releases from Jersey Jack and CGC along with several Stern titles which included an Aerosmith PE. We both played the Aerosmith and I can tell she was enjoying the machine then after playing a couple games she turned to me and said "I like this one!" Being a guy, I'm still trying to figure out what she actually means when she says things, needless to say I took it to mean "You should get one of these." after all, what else could it mean right?

Anyways, I had a brief conversation with Mike over at Automated Services and a beautiful new pin was delivered today

Truck (resized).jpgTruck (resized).jpg
Inside (resized).jpgInside (resized).jpg
Inspected (resized).jpgInspected (resized).jpg

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I got my AS home last night after a grueling 13-hour, 760 mile round trip. I think it was worth it though, since it was $5000 for the game, upgraded rails AND the topper. I'll drive pretty far to save ~$900. As a side note, the "born on" date of March 9 is the exact day that I got laid off from my job of 23 years!

Awesome game! Put it next to MET!

3,000 posts in the other AS thread took a lot away from this one.

#261 6 years ago

Wondering if anyone has used the new pinball browser to take a look at the AS code?

Just wondering if there are any unused music nuggets in there, could give some insight to future code update.

#262 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

That's related to the KISS bug, most likely because the code is the same. It's noted in the KISS 1.28 buglist and hasn't been fixed in like a year. On KISS, once you know how to do it, you can do it every time:

"- Song can be changed just after ball launched so it's playing one song, but you're doing the objectives for the adjacent song."

Nice to know they just infected Aerosmith with the same bug.

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Last week the wife and I went out to this new pinball bar called the Operating Room that had just opened in West Des Moines, pinball isn't really her thing but shes a trooper and went anyways; if I had to describe this place with just one word, it would be ... AWESOME! Anyways, they had over a dozen machines, most were recent titles included both releases from Jersey Jack and CGC along with several Stern titles which included an Aerosmith PE. We both played the Aerosmith and I can tell she was enjoying the machine then after playing a couple games she turned to me and said "I like this one!" Being a guy, I'm still trying to figure out what she actually means when she says things, needless to say I took it to mean "You should get one of these." after all, what else could it mean right?
Anyways, I had a brief conversation with Mike over at Automated Services and a beautiful new pin was delivered today

Congratulations! It is an awesome game, we love ours.

Happy Flipping!

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

...needless to say I took it to mean "You should get one of these." after all, what else could it mean right?...

I think you nailed it.

#265 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's related to the KISS bug, most likely because the code is the same. It's noted in the KISS 1.28 buglist and hasn't been fixed in like a year. On KISS, once you know how to do it, you can do it every time:
"- Song can be changed just after ball launched so it's playing one song, but you're doing the objectives for the adjacent song."
Nice to know they just infected Aerosmith with the same bug.

Bummer. It wouldn't be so bad if it was infrequent, but I've seen it happen at least 6 times in my first day of play.

#266 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

AS for whatever reason is being overlooked by a lot of people and they are missing out big time because this game is fantastic. Aerosmith IMO ranks right up there with any new Stern pin that you put it up against. It's that damn good!

#267 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

AS for whatever reason is being overlooked by a lot of people and they are missing out big time because this game is fantastic. Aerosmith IMO ranks right up there with any new Stern pin that you put it up against. It's that damn good!

Well I don't think it is overlooked now but totally was in the beginning.

I don't think anyone was looking at getting this game when it got revealed. Then folks played it, saw how cool it looked, how fun it played and then bought. Folks bought this game like they all should be bought. Try it, research and ask around, try it again and then buy. That is what I did.

I know 5 others in ATL that bought AS out of no where. Two of them played mine first. They all dig it. It is surprising really.

#268 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have been considering this game for a while now - this and DI.

I only have 1 pin(GB) so far so I have to choose carefully because this might be it for a while.

I have almost pulled the trigger on AS about 3 times now and chicken out each time.

#269 6 years ago

Some more info on the song select bug: it's fairly (not 100%) repeatable, by hitting the flipper buttons right after plunging, but *before* the ball hits another switch. The good news is that it can be avoided, by not flipping until *after* the ball hits a switch.

#270 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I only have 1 pin(GB) so far so I have to choose carefully because this might be it for a while.
I have almost pulled the trigger on AS about 3 times now and chicken out each time.

I truly believe that you would love AS. It's best if you can find one to play in someone's house where you can hear the music and the sounds really good and let them explain the rules to you. The game is beautiful to look at, possibly the best art of any pinball machine that's ever been made and the shots are very satisfying and the rules are pretty easy to understand. There are lots of great games available right now, you have TWD, SW, GOT, MET etc but it's just whatever you like I guess. TWD is really and truly I guess the best one of the bunch but it's a hard game and intense like your GB is. AS is more of a nice relaxing and fun game. There are lots of good choices right now which makes it tough but that's a good problem to have also.

#271 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I truly believe that you would love AS. It's best if you can find one to play in someone's house where you can hear the music and the sounds really good and let them explain the rules to you. The game is beautiful to look at, possibly the best art of any pinball machine that's ever been made and the shots are very satisfying and the rules are pretty easy to understand. There are lots of great games available right now, you have TWD, SW, GOT, MET etc but it's just whatever you like I guess. TWD is really and truly I guess the best one of the bunch but it's a hard game and intense like your GB is. AS is more of a nice relaxing and fun game. There are lots of good choices right now which makes it tough but that's a good problem to have also.

I am borrowing my friends TWD pro now and it is good, but tough. I have good friends huh?

I think AS can be tough but it so light hearted and fun that myself and others don't notice. I also noticed my wife and son won't play it and don't even want to look at TWD. That is a lot different then my wife saying "I like AS!", when I said I was looking at one. So TWD is out for me.

Have IM as my other Borg game. He is now for sure my favorite designer.

#272 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I got about 50 games on AS pro. I know the basic rules but not how to stack for major points. The most difficult thing for me was starting elevator MB. Work so hard to get it going then it's over in 10 seconds. lol

I like about half the songs on AS and can live with the rest. It is a beauty though!

What's so frustrating on GB is you can never tell what is going on cause the DMD doesn't multitask (yet?). For example when the ball is in the pops, you can't see the jackpot values - or anything else. That split second you get to look up, does you no good.

#273 6 years ago

I played under 10 times on As le and loved it.
Am i aerosmith fan? No
Did i hear there music back in da 90s yeah.
Did i give a shit about aerosmith pinbal? No.

I took to a friend place to try all other stern pins, but fell in love with aerosmith. Love my as pro

#274 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I am borrowing my friends TWD pro now and it is good, but tough. I have good friends huh?
I think AS can be tough but it so light hearted and fun that myself and others don't notice. I also noticed my wife and son won't play it and don't even want to look at TWD. That is a lot different then my wife saying "I like AS!", when I said I was looking at one. So TWD is out for me.
Have IM as my other Borg game. He is now for sure my favorite designer.

When I have friends over, AS seems to be the go to game and we have a blast playing it every time. My gf isn't into pinball but she said she likes AS the best. She sucks and she has no fun at all on GB or TWD because of the short ball times. She can at least play AS and keep the ball in play for awhile sometimes, and hear some good tunes while she is doing it. The game is never leaving my collection period. I never dreamed that I would like this game so much.

#275 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

I played under 10 times on As le and loved it.
Am i aerosmith fan? No
Did i hear there music back in da 90s yeah.
Did i give a shit about aerosmith pinbal? No.
I took to a friend place to try all other stern pins, but fell in love with aerosmith. Love my as pro

What you just wrote there pretty much describes my feelings to a T!

#276 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What you just wrote there pretty much describes my feelings to a T!

Then go ahead an buy it. Also if you take only the pro model, you wont be sorry. I dont miss the upper pf at all. Actually the wierd backshot wasent for me at all

#277 6 years ago

Guys think about it. Right now AS is awesome, IF stern updates the code, it will be great.

In europe LE versions are still avaliable NIB.

#278 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Then go ahead an buy it. Also if you take only the pro model, you wont be sorry. I dont miss the upper pf at all. Actually the wierd backshot wasent for me at all

I have an AS Pro already. I love it!

#279 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Get Dialed In and see if that's enough for now. Aerosmith is all right, but it's a pretty one-trick pony that's very short on multiball modes compared to KISS where it got a lot of its code. GB and Dialed In should be enough to carry you through until more pins show up later this year and we can see how Houdini turns out.

#280 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Get Dialed In and see if that's enough for now. Aerosmith is all right, but it's a pretty one-trick pony that's very short on multiball modes compared to KISS where it got a lot of its code. GB and Dialed In should be enough to carry you through until more pins show up later this year and we can see how Houdini turns out.

Totally disagree. I say Get the AS.

#281 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

agreed, I do think AS is pretty cool, but if you have to pick between DI or AS it is pretty simple.

#282 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

The upper p/f is one of those extras that isn't worth the money but it is worthing having as it has such purpose in that setting up the 2 times scoring is very satisfying.

#283 6 years ago

as pro arriving tomorrow. never played it, never seen it in person. i am really looking forward to discovering what this machine has to offer.

#284 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I got about 50 games on AS pro. I know the basic rules but not how to stack for major points. The most difficult thing for me was starting elevator MB. Work so hard to get it going then it's over in 10 seconds. lol

Well, it is "Love in an Elevator"...10 seconds is about all the time you have

#285 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Totally disagree. I say Get the AS.

If AS is the only pin of the two he's considering you have, I can see why you would say that. If you have both to compare directly, it's a no-brainer. Dialed In is the obvious choice. That said, there's a $1600 price premium on the DI LE, so there IS that. But it's the better game.

#286 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The upper p/f is one of those extras that isn't worth the money but it is worthing having as it has such purpose in that setting up the 2 times scoring is very satisfying.

Yep. Not having the upper playfield will ding your scores if you're good at stacking (Prem/LE only) double scoring with the other lower PF bonuses. If you're getting AS, Prem is the way to go if you can afford it.

#287 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If AS is the only pin of the two he's considering you have, I can see why you would say that. If you have both to compare directly, it's a no-brainer. Dialed In is the obvious choice. That said, there's a $1600 price premium on the DI LE, so there IS that. But it's the better game.

Your comment assumes that everyone agrees with your opinion. To me, DI is 180 degrees different from a fast playing Stern. It's friggin awesome that JJP has created a game like DI for all the die-hard B/W fans, but just because you like it, doesn't mean that others will as well. If someone enjoys GB, I expect they'd prefer a SW or AS.

#288 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You do realise that you are on a Aerosmith owners club thread? DI is totally different and not for everyone. I understand that you love your DI, so post away in the DI threads. We and our friends happen to love our ASLE!

#289 6 years ago

Just hung up with JJ and put my deposit down on a pro. Pretty stoked as I'm a 70's kid and Rocks was one of my first and remains one of my favorite albums. Pinball and rock n' roll were all I cared about (not a lot has changed lol).

#290 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Just hung up with JJ and put my deposit down on a pro. Pretty stoked as I'm a 70's kid and Rocks was one of my first and remains one of my favorite albums. Pinball and rock n' roll were all I cared about (not a lot has changed lol).

You made a great choice and you are going to love your new game!

#291 6 years ago

AS is more dialed-in than Dialed In. Easy choice for me.

#292 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Get Jack's balls out of your mouth! Kiss sucks! Go away!

#293 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yep. Not having the upper playfield will ding your scores if you're good at stacking (Prem/LE only) double scoring with the other lower PF bonuses. If you're getting AS, Prem is the way to go if you can afford it.

All this means is that if you can't compare your scores to Pro. Kind of a silly argument. I'm sure there are other (better) reasons to go Pre/LE.

#294 6 years ago

I played and fell in love with the Pro first. Played a Premium before making a final decision and ordered the Pro. Maybe it would have been different if I had played the Premium first but for me I couldn't justify the extra dough.

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

All this means is that if you can't compare your scores to Pro. Kind of a silly argument. I'm sure there are other (better) reasons to go Pre/LE.

Of course there are other reasons, but that's the best one, IMO. The AS Prem/LE is more challenging as a result of the upper PF, and you get the bonus of an extra scoring stack.

#296 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

You're missing the point.
What you are saying is equivalent to: "AC/DC would be a better game if you removed the bell feature - all it does is change the scoring"

Here is a more direct analogy to make it clear - these 2 statements are pretty much the same:
----- It's more fun to have the 2x / 3x PF Multiplier feature of the AC/DC bell, then to remove it.
----- It's more fun to have the 2x PF Multiplier feature of the AS upper playfield, then to remove it.

#297 6 years ago

I love my upper playfield, it integrates with gameplay very well and adds the perfect touch to the elevator, without taking away anything from main playfield. I first played the pro, amost bought it, but went all the way with an LE. Yes the price difference was debatable but I love it. Not knocking the pro version in any way, it too is a great game.

#298 6 years ago

I recently picked up Aerosmith to go with my Ghostbusters and Batman 66... however I'm not sure if its configured right. On Batman and Ghostbusters outside of play there seems to be a "demo mode" of sorts that triggers a sound clip if someone hits a flipper (once every minute or so). Aerosmith stays quiet. I can't seem to find anything in the manual about this, but I don't know the proper terminology either. Any tips?

#299 6 years ago
Quoted from SamIam:

I love my upper playfield, it integrates with gameplay very well and adds the perfect touch to the elevator, without taking away anything from main playfield. I first played the pro, amost bought it, but went all the way with an LE. Yes the price difference was debatable but I love it. Not knocking the pro version in any way, it too is a great game.

I also love having the ability to lock a ball in the toy chest from the drop in the upper playfield.

#300 6 years ago

All of the versions are great, hard to go wrong with any of them.

Has anybody else run into the problem where the song you hear doesn't match the playfield mode? It happened to me a bunch more today, to the point where it was getting annoying. I can always avoid it if I remember not to flip for a few seconds after picking a song, but I don't want to have to explain that to people who come over.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wentzville, MO
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Trade
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.