IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240123_182538 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 82.
#2901 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Does anyone know if there are any NIB Pro's around anywhere? I know Stern isn't producing any more of them, but curious if a distributor has one in a warehouse somewhere.

Last one available according to the ad. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/95871

#2902 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Last one available according to the ad.

Ha! Right under my nose!

Not too far from me either. Giving them a call...

Thanks!

#2903 3 years ago

New to the pinball world. Bought a NIB Aerosmith awhile back and am learning a lot by reading your posts. I don't know if anyone will dig this... I made a square magnet for the square on the coin door. Grabbed the image online, went to Walmart.com and designed the shape and size, paid about $5 and picked it up the next day. I used the cartoon artwork from the inner sleeve of the Aerosmith Rocks album. Anyway, thanks for all the great info.

IMG_7923 (resized).JPGIMG_7923 (resized).JPG
#2904 3 years ago
Quoted from Doghouse-Studio:

New to the pinball world. Bought a NIB Aerosmith awhile back and am learning a lot by reading your posts. I don't know if anyone will dig this... I made a square magnet for the square on the coin door. Grabbed the image online, went to Walmart.com and designed the shape and size, paid about $5 and picked it up the next day. I used the cartoon artwork from the inner sleeve of the Aerosmith Rocks album. Anyway, thanks for all the great info.
[quoted image]

That's unique and different, looks good. I'll post my coin door soon. Won't be as good as yours but I'm trying.

#2905 3 years ago

I had enough for a Deadpool LE.....

But, my wifes' grail is Aerosmith.
Off to P1 tomorrow for the showroom pro.

Enough left to order Heavy Metal....
First world pinball problems.

#2906 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I had enough for a Deadpool LE.....
But, my wifes' grail is Aerosmith.
Off to P1 tomorrow for the showroom pro.
Enough left to order Heavy Metal....
First world pinball problems.

Why not splurge on Aerosmith prem or le?

#2907 3 years ago

I agree... if maximizing value is the goal than a PRO might be the way to go, but the upper play field, Real backglass, and overall art package of the LE make it a stunning looker. As good looking a machine as ever created in my opinion.

#2908 3 years ago

I had enough left to put 5k down on another pin.
Plus, toybox airballs scare the shit out of me.
One of the wifes favourite pins.

Let her slowly destroy a Pro

My new build we be along in a few months.
I went all in on Heavy Metal.
Love the magazine.

#2909 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I had enough left to put 5k down on another pin.
Plus, toybox airballs scare the shit out of me.
One of the wifes favourite pins.
Let her slowly destroy a Pro
My new build we be along in a few months.
I went all in on Heavy Metal.
Love the magazine.

Nice. I've never read/seen heavy metal, but it looks alright.

Have fun with the pro, when does it arrive?

#2910 3 years ago

Came home today.
1st game was scary out of level.
Fixed it up.
Played a 2 player, set the high score.

Left her new toy for her to enjoy.

Signed up for overtime.

#2911 3 years ago

I’m a pro bro joining too!
Pickup from a cool local pinsider.
Having a blast so far!

D8D87D50-669D-4B86-A3FA-DC5830B882CE (resized).jpegD8D87D50-669D-4B86-A3FA-DC5830B882CE (resized).jpeg

#2912 3 years ago

Sorry, just really excited.

#2913 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Sorry, just really excited.

You have good reason to be excited because this is a fantastic game. Its one of the biggest sleepers in all of pinball. Congratulations on your new game Vino!

#2914 3 years ago

Thank you!
Need to read entire thread to see what folks have done with this one.
Anyone put a sub in this bad boy?

#2915 3 years ago

So I haven't had the pleasure of playing this machine for about 2 year now... for those that have had it for a while, how does it last for you? Wow... that was barely English. I guess I mean; does it get boring or do you still like it after years of play? It is gorgeous and the pro is such a good value it seems.

#2916 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Thank you!
Need to read entire thread to see what folks have done with this one.

The operator that owns the pro i have on rental upgraded the sub on his here yesterday. Put an 8" unit in to replace the 6" (he bought ten he said for like $10 each) and it makes a massive difference. Screwed into the same holes i think too. Certainly no drilling although i wasn't paying much attention.

spk1 (resized).jpgspk1 (resized).jpg
#2917 3 years ago

Be careful of the website, google gave me a privacy warning.

#2918 3 years ago

Definitely grows on you.
One of my favourite single player games.

I want all of my song.

#2919 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So I haven't had the pleasure of playing this machine for about 2 year now... for those that have had it for a while, how does it last for you? Wow... that was barely English. I guess I mean; does it get boring or do you still like it after years of play? It is gorgeous and the pro is such a good value it seems.

I still love mine. I've only owned it for a year and a few months, so it can't fully been judged yet. I can say that I wouldn't sell it. And that is the best compliment I can give a game.

#2920 3 years ago

It's nearly as good as Deadpool and Deadpool was my first machine and i still own it. i'd only ever sell it to upgrade to a prem or an Le. When i buy an Aerosmith i expect it to be the same, it's been here 3 months now and i kicked the operators ass for him yesterday when he came to upgrade the speaker with a 6 ball multi.

#2921 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm getting ready to list 3 or 4 games for sale on Pinside. But this isn't one of them. That's how much we enjoy playing. Even my 10 year old niece said you can't sale Aerosmith. Now "Walk This Way".

#2922 3 years ago

I agree with the earlier comments. I have had for about 18 months. Simple rules but for some reason the progression through the songs and the multiballs keep me very entertained. The right amount of depth and game length for me. The only frustration is some shots - spinner and right ramp are very tight ( I have an LE) creating many misses. Other than that a really well integrated theme. As a comparison I have a TSPP and it is so complicated and deep with so many shots I really have to be in the mood to play it. Aerosmith gets more of the casual play in our house.

#2923 3 years ago

Agree with all the above and bought mine NIB when they first came out.

Plenty of depth and difficulty, great full length tunes, probably one of the best art packages in pinball and the lcd content is fantastic.

Hook a sub up and it literally rocks, not much to complain about.

#2924 3 years ago

They dampened some of the excitement with the most recent code update, but it is still a good game that doesn't take much strategies to play. There are some gambles with the toy box multiball that keep it interesting. We bought it simply because it is fun to play. No real wow factor (other than launching into the toy box), but it is fun. Plain and simple. A little heckling to nag at you. Good music, great artwork, animations are ... okay ... better than DMD and a few other games. Interesting scoring.

#2925 3 years ago

I have a new set of protectors for an Aerosmith Pro. Bought a 2nd set by accident and can't return. Anyone got some kind of other protector to trade? Hate to see these go to waste.

IMG_7937 (resized).JPGIMG_7937 (resized).JPG
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2926 3 years ago

Can someone post a few pics of the underside of the playfield? Checked the images on pinside and can't seem to find any. Just looking for an overview shot.

Thanks.

#2927 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I added an external sub to mine. Sounds so good. Polk 10" sub from amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-PSW10-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia-wc-p13n1_0

#2928 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I added an external sub to mine. Sounds so good. Polk 10" sub from amazon.
amazon.com link »

I assume the answer to this may be easy (and my apologies for not looking it up) but how do yo7 attach a sub to your Aerosmith? Is it as easy as plugging it in?

#2930 3 years ago

Mine is currently level bubble in the middle of the top line.
Will adjusting to centre make the airballs any better?
I do enjoy the speed.

#2931 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLPinGuy:

I assume the answer to this may be easy (and my apologies for not looking it up) but how do yo7 attach a sub to your Aerosmith? Is it as easy as plugging it in?

I use a piece of speaker wire, install alligator clips on one end and clip them to the speaker terminals on the cabinet speaker. Alternatively you can solder the wires on the speaker.

Route the speaker wire out of one of the vent holes near the back of the cabinet. You can sometimes slip the wire under the mesh, other times you need to pop up a staple.

Route the speaker wire to one of the high level inputs on the sub (either right or left will do). These are the connections that look like speaker wire connectors on the back of some stereo speakers. Make sure you get the set labeled input.

Make sure to pay attention to polarity. Red on the sub is + and typically yellow on the cabinet speaker is + but look for the markings on the speaker. If you don't keep the polarity the same on the sub and cabinet speaker, they will work against each other, resulting in less than awesome results.

Adjust the crossover and volume on the sub to blend in with the speakers in the game. Too high of a crossover will result in boomy or muddy bass. Too low and you won't gain much bass from the sub.

#2932 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I use a piece of speaker wire, install alligator clips on one end and clip them to the speaker terminals on the cabinet speaker. Alternatively you can solder the wires on the speaker.
Route the speaker wire out of one of the vent holes near the back of the cabinet. You can sometimes slip the wire under the mesh, other times you need to pop up a staple.
Route the speaker wire to one of the high level inputs on the sub (either right or left will do). These are the connections that look like speaker wire connectors on the back of some stereo speakers. Make sure you get the set labeled input.
Make sure to pay attention to polarity. Red on the sub is + and typically yellow on the cabinet speaker is + but look for the markings on the speaker. If you don't keep the polarity the same on the sub and cabinet speaker, they will work against each other, resulting in less than awesome results.
Adjust the crossover and volume on the sub to blend in with the speakers in the game. Too high of a crossover will result in boomy or muddy bass. Too low and you won't gain much bass from the sub.

Thanks all... a little more complicated than I was hoping but I think I can manage!!!

#2933 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLPinGuy:

Thanks all... a little more complicated than I was hoping but I think I can manage!!!

If you want to buy something that is plug and play, this system has been around for years and people love it. It also gives you the ability to share one sub with up to 4 machines and adjust the volume of each independently.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/pages/subwoofer-kits

#2934 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

If you want to buy something that is plug and play, this system has been around for years and people love it. It also gives you the ability to share one sub with up to 4 machines and adjust the volume of each independently.
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/pages/subwoofer-kits

They also have the gizmo to attach to the speaker terminals that isolates the ground (if you are sharing a sub with another pin). Some people (Lermods) had issues with just connecting to the speaker without it. I use Pinnovators sub accessory connections and they work great.

#2935 3 years ago

I have had the odd not fully powering up issue.
I checked and adjusted the node boards from the latest SB as I figured if it was prepped before pickup that was done.
Came on fine.
Hopefully solved.

Which adj turns off match entirely???
Waste of time at home.
Otherwise, got my first 6 ball multi today.

#2936 3 years ago

Thanks all for the speaker upgrade options and the links. Very helpful!
Been meaning to upgrade MET for awhile, might as well bring AS along too!

This game is an absolute blast.
Kicking myself I didn’t pick up one before now!

#2937 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Which adj turns off match entirely???
Waste of time at home.

Standard Adjustment #19. There's an OFF setting just below the 0% value (I've seen people miss that).

#2938 3 years ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

Standard Adjustment #19. There's an OFF setting just below the 0% value (I've seen people miss that).

It's nice to match if you have a $#%@ game. Make you feel somewhat good about yourself. Like, I'm not a loser after all.

#2939 3 years ago

Everyone turns round at the pop too, reminds you of the arcades back in the day. Visitors and kids like it too, but i can see why you'd want to turn it off. All the free games awarded in the Munsters is what turned me off buying one.

#2940 3 years ago

Just joined the club. My op mate is taking the pro away in the next few days and i couldn't stand the thought so bought a nice HOU LE.

Hoping it's not too far away from when the other one leaves, but i think i'm in for a few weeks of Aerosmith withdrawals.

Not sure it'll replace Deadpool as my favourite machine to play, and it won't replace Sorcerer as the one i'd hate to sell the most and last pin here, but still reckon it'll have a top three place. Most underated Stern i've played. Definately don't get the love for Iron Maiden more and i have both these machines on rental sitting next to each other atm. have had Jurrasic and an ACDC prem here too on the rental.
Don't get me wrong, Maiden's a good game to play, but i haven't fallen in love with it.

as1 (resized).jpgas1 (resized).jpg

#2941 3 years ago

How often does the shaker motor trigger?
Debating it as mod #2
Just don't know how often it will come on.

Elvis was one mode and a bit after that after that mode was done.

#2942 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

How often does the shaker motor trigger?
Debating it as mod #2
Just don't know how often it will come on.
Elvis was one mode and a bit after that after that mode was done.

It's really not a ton, but it's not bad.

Also gets better the further you progress. (If I recall correctly)

#2943 3 years ago

I really like the shaker integration on Aerosmith. As noted not a ton, but seems to hit at the right time. Goes well with the beat from the tunes if you get the idea. Recommended.

#2944 3 years ago

What's the consensus on removing the post up between the bumpers? someone told me to try it so i took it out on my mates pro and enjoyed the difference in play, but he asked me to put it back next day as he was concerned that the small circle under it was not protected and that someone told him it would promote playfield wear?

#2945 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

What's the consensus on removing the post up between the bumpers? someone told me to try it so i took it out on my mates pro and enjoyed the difference in play, but he asked me to put it back next day as he was concerned that the small circle under it was not protected and that someone told him it would promote playfield wear?

I’ve had mine out for 8–10 months. It really changes the way the game plays and makes it more exciting.

#2946 3 years ago

I believe so too, but are you worried about wear, or have you made a piece of mylar to go in there?

#2947 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I believe so too, but are you worried about wear, or have you made a piece of mylar to go in there?

Not worried. Haven’t checked. If i remember tomorrow I’ll check.

#2948 3 years ago

Absolutely probably the best "mod" I have done to the game. Changes game play to me in a very positive manner. I love it! If you are worried about wear, as mentioned, place a piece of mylar over the area.

#2949 3 years ago

Thanks, i did enjoy it for the short time it was out, didn't really think there was going to be any wear from the ball going over the edge of the mylar around it, jeez every piece of mylar on there has an edge somewhere, but this will be my most expensive pinball ever so far, couple hundred bucks over my Ducati 1098 and i'm worried a little about damage. I guess i'll just pull it out when it gets here and keep an eye on it, less someone else pops up and says don't do it.

#2950 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I’ve had mine out for 8–10 months. It really changes the way the game plays and makes it more exciting.

Just curious, when you say “exciting” does it mean more difficult? Hope so.
I wouldn’t want any Jacky lock gimmes!

Those pops are pretty exciting as it is when you don’t hit a clean shot!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
There are 4,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.