20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 82.
#2851 4 years ago

Woohoo!

2 Elevator supers over a billion
470 million Melody
1.7 billion final tour

Only one extra ball and game set up relatively steep.

DA7E95D9-EA35-4C66-BEEF-619CF66313A7 (resized).jpegDA7E95D9-EA35-4C66-BEEF-619CF66313A7 (resized).jpeg
#2852 4 years ago

Incredible. My 400 million best lookin a little lame.

#2853 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Yes, I have blue nuts

!!!

rd

#2854 4 years ago

Getting a bit of Stern love here atm, Aerosmith has been joined by wo other rentals, ACDC and Munsters. throw in my Deadpool and it's a sternorgy.

Pretty sure Aerosmith has overtaken Deadpool in the fav stakes around here, ACDC and Munsters are distant follow ups. Real distant.

stern1 (resized).jpgstern1 (resized).jpgstern2 (resized).jpgstern2 (resized).jpg
#2855 3 years ago

nice score! Ive been trying to get to 500 Mill! 470 is my max.

#2856 3 years ago

If anyone is on Facebook.. I made a page just for Aerosmith. If you are interested

https://www.facebook.com/groups/251621906029811/?notif_id=1587564434808420&notif_t=group_milestone

1 week later
#2857 3 years ago

I'd like to beat the combo high score but I'm not sure constitutes as a combo? what am I trying to do to beat that one?

added some pretty standard mods to our machine last week. these plus a couple clear playfield protectors. also did the software update. evidently it's been a long time since I checked for an update.n my wife wants an Aerosmith car, van, or tour bus added but the tour bus mod that's out that is way too big (and too much money.

I was going to buy this little van & try printing up stickers to make it look like the old tour van American Pickers found but for some reason she doesn't like it. if you want the van, you're looking for a Mini Metals HO Scale International Metro Van. It's looks matchbox sized.
van (resized).jpgvan (resized).jpg

so to recap, the tour bus mod is too big & the van I found too small. guess I'll keep looking.

20200415_212911 (resized).jpg20200415_212911 (resized).jpg20200415_213025 (resized).jpg20200415_213025 (resized).jpg20200424_172143 (resized).jpg20200424_172143 (resized).jpg20200424_182057 (resized).jpg20200424_182057 (resized).jpg
#2858 3 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

Took advantage of the extra home time and put some work in on Aerosmith.
- Mezel - Plastic Protectors (Slingshot & return lane)

https://mezelmods.com/collections/aerosmith-pinball-mods/products/aerosmith-pinball-plastic-protectors
- Mezel - Speaker Light Kit

https://mezelmods.com/collections/aerosmith-pinball-mods/products/speaker-light-kit-spike-3
- OEM Shaker Motor
- Pinball Life - Stern Pinball Support Slide Bracket Kit for SPIKE & SPIKE 2 Machines
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-pinball-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-spike-spike-2-machines.html
- ULEK - Fluorescent Green Slime Covered Toy Box Acrylic
https://www.ulekstore.com/Flourescent_Green_Slime_Covered_MOD_p/green_acrylic_as.htm
- ULEK - Pop Bumper and Upper Plastic Protectors

https://www.ulekstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Popbump_Acrylic_protect-AS
- ModFather - Playfield Dice
https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/aerosmith/products/aerosmith-playfield-dice?variant=34101822088
- Titan Rubbers (Clear, Light Blue & Purple Posts, Light Blue Flippers)

I wish the mezel plastic protectors for the lames were clear.

#2859 3 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

I'd like to beat the combo high score but I'm not sure constitutes as a combo? what am I trying to do to beat that one?
added some pretty standard mods to our machine last week. these plus a couple clear playfield protectors. also did the software update. evidently it's been a long time since I checked for an update.n my wife wants an Aerosmith car, van, or tour bus added but the tour bus mod that's out that is way too big (and too much money.
I was going to buy this little van & try printing up stickers to make it look like the old tour van American Pickers found but for some reason she doesn't like it. if you want the van, you're looking for a Mini Metals HO Scale International Metro Van. It's looks matchbox sized.
[quoted image]
so to recap, the tour bus mod is too big & the van I found too small. guess I'll keep looking.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have the modfather AS bus ordered and in route. Should be here in a couple of days. It's 7 inches long.

#2860 3 years ago

Just installed Pin Monk's quiet fan kit in my AS. Very straight forward easy installation. I tested it when I was done with the installation with a piece of paper towel on the fan exhaust. The only reason I knew the fan was on is because the piece of paper towel flew off. I couldn't even hear the fan. Awesome.

#2861 3 years ago

I want to add a Van too.. that would be sweet!
Get yourself some Cliffys too. That it will protect that kickout

Quoted from Mutt:

[quoted image]
so to recap, the tour bus mod is too big & the van I found too small. guess I'll keep looking.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#2862 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Just installed Pin Monk's quiet fan kit in my AS. Very straight forward easy installation. I tested it when I was done with the installation with a piece of paper towel on the fan exhaust. The only reason I knew the fan was on is because the piece of paper towel flew off. I couldn't even hear the fan. Awesome.

Thanks for mentioning that. I often hear the fan and mean to buy a new one, but have always forgotten. Until now, because I just ordered one.

#2863 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Thanks for mentioning that. I often hear the fan and mean to buy a new one, but have always forgotten. Until now, because I just ordered one.

Glad I could sway you.

#2864 3 years ago

Got tired of looking at the scope. Took a picture of elevator door in front of it. Put it on a thin piece of plastic. Used 2 screws on elevator sign. Put sign back on over picture. Has worked great

20190412_161015 (resized).jpg20190412_161015 (resized).jpg
#2865 3 years ago
Quoted from JeffJr:

I want to add a Van too.. that would be sweet!
Get yourself some Cliffys too. That it will protect that kickout

don't know anything about cliffys' just googled them & still not sure why I'd need them or what they are protecting.
https://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/Aerosmith-Pro-set.jpg

#2866 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

this is great to learn about. thanks, Ill have to grab that.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/by-game/2447-aerosmith-pro

#2867 3 years ago

I got my modfather 's new AS bus and have it installed. Looks pretty good.

Bus7 (resized).jpgBus7 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2868 3 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Woohoo!
2 Elevator supers over a billion
470 million Melody
1.7 billion final tour
Only one extra ball and game set up relatively steep.[quoted image]

1 week later
#2869 3 years ago

Hey guys,

This is "old news" at this point. But, last year I downloaded the latest Aerosmith update and played around with it. This COVID stuff has gotten me off my a#( to edit it together so ... if you're interested, here's a quick little visit with my Aerosmith Pro.

Thanks for watching!
Chris

#2870 3 years ago

Hold the left flipper and short plunge so you can catch the ball on the right flipper. Then one of three shots will light (white) shoot the lit shot to score a Super Skill Shot worth 2 Smart Missiles and some points. Good games you had.

#2871 3 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey guys,
This is "old news" at this point. But, last year I downloaded the latest Aerosmith update and played around with it. This COVID stuff has gotten me off my a#( to edit it together so ... if you're interested, here's a quick little visit with my Aerosmith Pro.
Thanks for watching!
Chris

I always enjoy your videos Chris. Good job.

#2872 3 years ago

Yesterday I did some work on Aerosmith. I removed the power supply fan and replaced it with the quiet fan mod. HUGE difference. I installed a set a mirror blades that I forgot I had and found when cleaning up the workshop. So I had to remove the Pinstadiums, install the blades and then reinstall the Stadiums on the blades.

While working on the blades, I saw slight separation of the front right corner of the cabinet near the shooter rod housing. So I dipped a toothpick in wood glue and got glue all in the joint area. Then I ratchet strapped around the cabinet to hold it tight and added angle brackets to each corner, both in the middle and at the top.

1 week later
#2873 3 years ago

Man this game is in need for a big software update. Here’s why:

- They nerfed all the modes by ending the mode when you make all the shots required to complete, regardless of how much time was left. In earlier code, it was way more fun because you could get huge scores in every mode. I remember having 200 mil+ Walk This Way, Rats in the Cellar, which was great. Now, the best mode is Sweet Emotion and it gives you a frenzy which is worth a ton. If a player stacks that mode with Toybox, there is no way for another player to catch up unless they do the same thing, grind out a bunch of modes, or pray they get a huge Elevator mb.

- Some of the modes are so worthless. Take back in the saddle. Probably the hardest to complete as only one shot is lit and it’s worth near to nothing. The crank it up is 25k / pop? What a waste.

-Lame spinner and pop rules. Wow I hit 30 pops and it increases my value by 1k. Now they are 11k instead of 10k - so exciting! Same thing with the spinner. Who cares.

-Wtf are with the coins. Yes, I get that hitting mode shots gives you coins, and the more coins you get, the higher the super mode is worth. But the whole coin feature could be absent, and the rules would still make sense: make more shots = higher super feature. I wish they were part of your bonus, or there were awards at certain thresholds of coins.

-Hidden Jackies. I get the idea, but this feature doesn’t really matter as its pretty luck based and forgettable.

-Awful combo rules. This is just hilarious. There is no recognition and no points for making combos (besides combos in mode shots, I know) but outside of a mode, if you hit a few sweet shots in a row, all the game does is increase a hidden counter of combos for that game. Like cmon. Even KISS has the unique city combos now. That’s pretty neat.

-Really wish there was something else to go for besides modes. KISS has the grid among other things which is fun, but Aerosmith has nothing. Not even a bonus for completing some of the modes, like GOTG.

-Final Tour is worth WAY too much. Speaks for itself.

-Upper playfield on Premium/LE. One of the worst - but can be fixed in code. There is a control gate in the back that always opens. This could be removed and the game would play the exact same. There is an unused switch under the elevator drop. The lights up there are all RGB, yet the only color they turn is light green. The only thing to do is start 2x scoring, and it gets progressively harder. Why not have some fun mini modes up there? Totally possible.

Don’t get me wrong. I want to love the game. The layout is solid, art is excellent, sounds good, and is a great theme. It’s just the code... I don’t have hope for another update, but if they do, I actually hope they put some effort in.

#2874 3 years ago

I don’t have hope for another update, but if they do, I actually hope they put some effort in.

I agree with your points. However, I treat AS as just a fun game to play. I really enjoy it when I play it, and I don’t worry too much about flaws in the rules. I have debated going back to earlier code, which was a bit more fun. But overall, I still enjoy it.

As for updates, I’m pretty sure that ship has sailed. I’d be shocked if they updated it because it wasn’t that big a seller. The effort to update it wouldn’t be worth the return. Plus it would set a bad precedent that marginal selling games get extensive work years later. So people would start expecting updates on Mustang or other marginal games (I’m allowed to call games I own marginal, that’s the rule).

#2875 3 years ago

- They nerfed all the modes by ending the mode when you make all the shots required to complete, regardless of how much time was left. In earlier code, it was way more fun because you could get huge scores in every mode. I remember having 200 mil+ Walk This Way, Rats in the Cellar, which was great. Now, the best mode is Sweet Emotion and it gives you a frenzy which is worth a ton. If a player stacks that mode with Toybox, there is no way for another player to catch up unless they do the same thing, grind out a bunch of modes, or pray they get a huge Elevator mb.
- Some of the modes are so worthless. Take back in the saddle. Probably the hardest to complete as only one shot is lit and it’s worth near to nothing. The crank it up is 25k / pop? What a waste.
-Lame spinner and pop rules. Wow I hit 30 pops and it increases my value by 1k. Now they are 11k instead of 10k - so exciting! Same thing with the spinner. Who cares.
-Wtf are with the coins. Yes, I get that hitting mode shots gives you coins, and the more coins you get, the higher the super mode is worth. But the whole coin feature could be absent, and the rules would still make sense: make more shots = higher super feature. I wish they were part of your bonus, or there were awards at certain thresholds of coins.
-Hidden Jackies. I get the idea, but this feature doesn’t really matter as its pretty luck based and forgettable.
-Awful combo rules. This is just hilarious. There is no recognition and no points for making combos (besides combos in mode shots, I know) but outside of a mode, if you hit a few sweet shots in a row, all the game does is increase a hidden counter of combos for that game. Like cmon. Even KISS has the unique city combos now. That’s pretty neat.
-Really wish there was something else to go for besides modes. KISS has the grid among other things which is fun, but Aerosmith has nothing. Not even a bonus for completing some of the modes, like GOTG.
-Upper playfield on Premium/LE. One of the worst - but can be fixed in code. There is a control gate in the back that always opens. This could be removed and the game would play the exact same. There is an unused switch under the elevator drop. The lights up there are all RGB, yet the only color they turn is light green. The only thing to do is start 2x scoring, and it gets progressively harder. Why not have some fun mini modes up there? Totally possible.
Don’t get me wrong. I want to love the game. The layout is solid, art is excellent, sounds good, and is a great theme. It’s just the code... I don’t have hope for another update, but if they do, I actually hope they put some effort in.

Wow, that's alot of crying for such a good game.

#2876 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wow, that's alot of crying for such a good game.

I guess I just like when people put more effort into their work.

#2877 3 years ago

I guess I just like when people put more effort into their work.

Not every game needs to be Valanor deep ...

Current rules suit AS I reckon.

Just a fun game, a good shooter, and challenging to complete.

I would agree about Back in the Saddle ... the one shot needs to be worth more or morph into two shots, maybe, when it’s hit.

And the wizards are super over-pointed.

But otherwise I like it.

rd

#2878 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Not every game needs to be Valanor deep ...
Current rules suit AS I reckon.
Just a fun game, a good shooter, and challenging to complete.
I would agree about Back in the Saddle ... the one shot needs to be worth more or morph into two shots, maybe, when it’s hit.
And the wizards are super over-pointed.
But otherwise I like it.
rd

Right. I’m not saying it needs to be super deep, I just think some polish would go a long way. Just seems like they really rushed some stuff. I totally get why it makes no sense for them to update it, but I also believe if they don’t get critical feedback about games sometimes, then they have no reason to do more work anyway and future games will have similar issues.

#2879 3 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey guys,
Thanks for watching!
Chris

The man. The myth. The legend who got me into pinball with his wonderful pinball videos. Thanks Chris for the past, present and future pinball videos.

#2880 3 years ago

Do you guys really think the older code is better for AS? If so why? Also would someone be willing to post the old code here to download?

Thanks

#2881 3 years ago

Old code allowed much higher scores for me and my friends. Now it’s a slog to try to get anywhere close. I wish they had some adjustments to help but none does.

#2882 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Do you guys really think the older code is better for AS? If so why? Also would someone be willing to post the old code here to download?
Thanks

The most recent code added some polish like missing call outs and light shows and made the Medley wizard mode more fun and easier to beat. It’s basically like SOS on Tron now.

However, the old code was fun cause you could play out the mode after you complete it, meaning really high scoring opportunity in all modes. Now though, the mode ends when the last shot is made which sucks. Meaning the only great mode is sweet emotion.

#2883 3 years ago

The machine i have hereon rental seems to treat the toy box differently during multi player games than it does on single games.
Single games first ball, once you light the toy box it seems to stay lit till you get at least three balls, multi's it seems to want you to relight it at every ball or at funny random times.

#2884 3 years ago

I don't own Aerosmith but I always enjoy playing it at the arcade. I give you points for your specific examples why the game isn't as fun as it could be for you.
Perhaps installing a previous version would be better for you so you can enjoy the game again. Its refreshing to see an actual discussion.

#2885 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

The machine i have hereon rental seems to treat the toy box differently during multi player games than it does on single games.
Single games first ball, once you light the toy box it seems to stay lit till you get at least three balls, multi's it seems to want you to relight it at every ball or at funny random times.

You're going to need to explain that a bit more clearly. If you could explain it player by player through a 2 player game.

For instance, player 1 plays and locks 3 balls, then drains. Player 2 locks one ball, but it doesn't go into the toybox because there are already 3 in there. Player 1 steps back up and... He has no locked balls anymore? The ones that were qualified and flashing are no longer flashing?

And the other question would be do you have the toybox enabled or disabled? So, does it launch balls into the toybox or are they virtual?

#2886 3 years ago

Sorry, it's the lock lit bit where you have to hit the front of the toybox before shooting the lock.
In single player play, you lite the lock and then shoot 3 to 6 balls in there and get your multi.
On shared games you can light the lock, shoot the ball into the lock and it pops it into the box, then you have to light the lock again before you can shoot it.

#2887 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Sorry, it's the lock lit bit where you have to hit the front of the toybox before shooting the lock.
In single player play, you lite the lock and then shoot 3 to 6 balls in there and get your multi.
On shared games you can light the lock, shoot the ball into the lock and it pops it into the box, then you have to light the lock again before you can shoot it.

Not sure what settings this game has but that is not default behavior.

With standard settings and for the first Toybox multiball, each time you hit the box, you qualify another lock. You can hit as many as you want up to 6 before starting to lock balls. If you don't have a lock qualified and hit the "lock launcher", the ball will be lightly launched out.

Same behavior with single player or multiplayer.

On second multiball and more, the lock behavior gets harder.

#2888 3 years ago

Ok, i'll pay more attention. it's been here for 2 months but i thought for the first multi you only had to light it the once. I knew you had to hit it more to start them again.

#2889 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Ok, i'll pay more attention. it's been here for 2 months but i thought for the first multi you only had to light it the once. I knew you had to hit it more to start them again.

It might be if the Toybox difficulty is turned down from the default. Not sure, I've never played with easier Toybox difficulty settings as the default is pretty attainable, even for noobs.

#2890 3 years ago

Great layout, art and sound, fun game with a cool vibe and lots going for it but youve got some good thoughtful points there Fireball.

#2891 3 years ago

And still no flipper button attract sounds. Simple touches like that should have been included in the game...one can wish.

#2892 3 years ago

Jacky’s Back!

I don’t have enough space for my collection (first world problems). So I always have to have games wrapped up and not played. About every 4-6 months I swap it all around and bring back games I haven’t played in many months. They always feel brand new. That’s how Aerosmith feels today. Like I just bought it over the weekend. I really like this game. I can’t sum it up with any specific thing about the game... it comes down to the fact that I always enjoy it while I’m playing it.

3C366EBB-457C-4760-9337-A5B6BB6F8136 (resized).jpeg3C366EBB-457C-4760-9337-A5B6BB6F8136 (resized).jpeg

#2893 3 years ago

Does anyone know if there are any NIB Pro's around anywhere? I know Stern isn't producing any more of them, but curious if a distributor has one in a warehouse somewhere.

#2894 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Does anyone know if there are any NIB Pro's around anywhere? I know Stern isn't producing any more of them, but curious if a distributor has one in a warehouse somewhere.

you can still find them.. might be hard after the virus tho. I found a used one that was mint.. you could go that route

#2895 3 years ago

On Aerosmith, I know there is a rollover switch under the upper playfield, but is it there on the Pro? If so, what wire combination does it use on the Pro as I don't see it in the manual.

#2896 3 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

On Aerosmith, I know there is a rollover switch under the upper playfield, but is it there on the Pro? If so, what wire combination does it use on the Pro as I don't see it in the manual.

There is no upper playfield in the Pro. So no rollover, therefore, no wires.

#2897 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

There is no upper playfield in the Pro. So no rollover, therefore, no wires.

Let me try asking a different way. Is there a switch for a skillshot or a switch further up the shot on the right where the popper is that shoots the ball into the Toy Box.

#2898 3 years ago

Right Orbit ID #62 input wire Tan/Blu ground Blk/Blu it's a roll over type switch. If you hit it you will not get Skill Shot.

#2899 3 years ago

Ball needs to stop before hitting switch. Roll back down into Right Eject ID #61 input wire Tan/Grn, ground Blk/Blu to get "Super Skill Shot".

#2900 3 years ago

Won't go in if it goes far enough anyway as it will have too much momentum and will roll back to the right orbit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/58?hl=atlpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.