20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 82.
#2801 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Anyone have any cosmetic mods for sale? Looking used before looking brand new.

I make a bunch of cool mods that are not to big , like the Amps. I have clear double dice flasher covers that light up great when they go off. Mini bicycles, Skateboards, and other various toys look good around the Toybox. I also have a cool Rats head with lites in the eyes that lite up by the right spinner. It matches the graphic on the playfield. I also have an Aerosmith Bus that I have not put on my website yet. Plus some cool shooters I have not put on my website yet either , a retro rat , A jester , and a card playing skull shooter head, all very cool. www.modfatherpinball.com Shop by game, look around ...see if you like anything. Chuck

#2802 4 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I also have an Aerosmith Bus that I have not put on my website yet.

Pics?

#2803 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Had a couple questions about the code for the Aerosmith Limited. What was the original code for the game? When you update the code, does it reset the number of plays so there is no way to know how many total plays a game may have? Thanks for the help!

Later code revisions introduce certain supplemental "Lifetime" audits that have been accumulating in the game but not displaying under the old code versions. Total Plays (Standard Audit #16) is one; there's a few others under Earnings. These "Lifetime" audits never reset - not thru code updates, and not even if you happen to change out the game's SD card. Everything else is zeroed.

Newer Stern pins are able to save and restore audits & adjustments when updating code, but this feature is not in older games such as Aerosmith, not yet anyway.

#2804 4 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I make a bunch of cool mods that are not to big , like the Amps. I have clear double dice flasher covers that light up great when they go off. Mini bicycles, Skateboards, and other various toys look good around the Toybox. I also have a cool Rats head with lites in the eyes that lite up by the right spinner. It matches the graphic on the playfield. I also have an Aerosmith Bus that I have not put on my website yet. Plus some cool shooters I have not put on my website yet either , a retro rat , A jester , and a card playing skull shooter head, all very cool. www.modfatherpinball.com Shop by game, look around ...see if you like anything. Chuck

Two thumbs way up for Chuck.

Met with him on a couple different vacations I took when I went down to Florida. Some great stuff and he stands behind his work.

Anyone thinking of buying but not sure, take the plunge, you won't be disappointed.

#2805 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Had a couple questions about the code for the Aerosmith Limited. What was the original code for the game? When you update the code, does it reset the number of plays so there is no way to know how many total plays a game may have? Thanks for the help!

The most current code is 1.07.0 Stern doesnt post the older versions anymore. I'm pretty sure moving forward with all codes from Stern, the play count wont be resetting. In the past they would. However if someone has the older .spk code, they can always reinstall it wiping out total plays.

#2806 4 years ago

Took advantage of the extra home time and put some work in on Aerosmith.

- Mezel - Plastic Protectors (Slingshot & return lane)

https://mezelmods.com/collections/aerosmith-pinball-mods/products/aerosmith-pinball-plastic-protectors

- Mezel - Speaker Light Kit

https://mezelmods.com/collections/aerosmith-pinball-mods/products/speaker-light-kit-spike-3

- OEM Shaker Motor

- Pinball Life - Stern Pinball Support Slide Bracket Kit for SPIKE & SPIKE 2 Machines
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-pinball-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-spike-spike-2-machines.html

- ULEK - Fluorescent Green Slime Covered Toy Box Acrylic
https://www.ulekstore.com/Flourescent_Green_Slime_Covered_MOD_p/green_acrylic_as.htm

- ULEK - Pop Bumper and Upper Plastic Protectors

https://www.ulekstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Popbump_Acrylic_protect-AS

- ModFather - Playfield Dice
https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/aerosmith/products/aerosmith-playfield-dice?variant=34101822088

- Titan Rubbers (Clear, Light Blue & Purple Posts, Light Blue Flippers)

#2807 4 years ago

Hi all! I've noticed my jump shot into the trunk makes it 9 times out of 10 during regular play, but misses much more often (maybe half the time) during multiball. Anyone else seeing this behavior? Any tips on what to do? Since it's making it almost every time outside multiball I'm hesitant to mess with it...

#2808 4 years ago

I think we are going to add a light in the flipper area.. has anyone done this? Also change the start button color.

and the purple domes are also on my radar

1 week later
#2809 4 years ago

Finally had a chance to install purple flasher domes. They need to be darker because they look almost white when the flasher is on. I will say the playfield looks way much better with the domes installed.

20200405_151448 (resized).jpg20200405_151448 (resized).jpg20200406_192336 (resized).jpg20200406_192336 (resized).jpg
#2810 4 years ago

Removed most of the chrome nuts and screws. Installed black screws and nuts.

20200405_151316 (resized).jpg20200405_151316 (resized).jpg20200405_163343 (resized).jpg20200405_163343 (resized).jpg20200406_192321 (resized).jpg20200406_192321 (resized).jpg
#2811 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Finally had a chance to install purple flasher domes. They need to be darker because they look almost white when the flasher is on. I will say the playfield looks way much better with the domes installed.[quoted image][quoted image]

What type of lamp are they? Surface mount? If not use a red LED flasher. I did that with a diner I have and I really like the results. If it’s surface mount buy some red gel to put in the cap

#2812 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

What type of lamp are they? Surface mount? If not use a red LED flasher. I did that with a diner I have and I really like the results. If it’s surface mount buy some red gel to put in the cap

Stern uses a pcb led flasher. If I could change a bulb I would. I did email comet pinball and they said they did not offer a pcb led colored option

#2813 4 years ago

Installed this flying toys sign from hooked on pinball. Painted the bracket black before installing it.

20200406_192342 (resized).jpg20200406_192342 (resized).jpg
#2814 4 years ago

I would buy these and cut them down to build your own cylinder that sits inside the flasher dome.

It’s a bit of work but it will fix the problem.

https://www.amazon.com/Pangda-Colored-Overlays-Correction-Transparent/dp/B073XJMS39/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa

Or depending on the size of the board you might be able to cover the LED with the gel to get the same effect

#2815 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I would buy these and cut them down to build your own cylinder that sits inside the flasher dome.
It’s a bit of work but it will fix the problem.
amazon.com link »
Or depending on the size of the board you might be able to cover the LED with the gel to get the same effect

Thanks for the information......I will try something when I have more free time.

#2816 4 years ago

My blue light for Dude Looks Like A Lady no longer works. I’ve reseated all cables, nothing. What else is there to try? Please don’t say I have to replace the entire board.

D53FDADF-67CF-4A00-8F47-190B1CB3B5E9 (resized).jpegD53FDADF-67CF-4A00-8F47-190B1CB3B5E9 (resized).jpeg
#2817 4 years ago

Do you have voltage meter to check and see if there is power on that plug?

#2818 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Do you have voltage meter to check and see if there is power on that plug?

Got a meter. Not sure which setting I need to use to check the plug though. I mainly use this tester to test fuses LOL.

#2819 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Got a meter. Not sure which setting I need to use to check the plug though. I mainly use this tester to test fuses LOL.

Not at home to photo mine in the correct setting....should be on DC voltage

#2820 4 years ago

So I attempted to check voltage, I set my DMM to DC and set the dial to 20V. Hope that’s the correct setting. I then put the black lead on the ground wire on the inside of the cabinet and my first test was on an LED insert board. The board had 2 solder points, one wire was labeled GND, the other LED DRV. I placed the red lead on the LED DRV solder point and got a reading of like 5.54, so I believe my “test” was accurate.

I then moved to the LED light insert board. Removed all screws, set test mode to all lamps. Tried testing a light that was working and got a 5.4 reading. Then tried LED4 which is the DUDE light, also got a 5.4 reading. Thoughts?

Attached is a pic of the insert board and the solder point I used for my reading on LED4

5F48774F-FF89-4980-9DE5-80090B2E0CB1 (resized).jpeg5F48774F-FF89-4980-9DE5-80090B2E0CB1 (resized).jpeg
#2821 4 years ago

You are doing it correctly. I would think the led light on the board has failed because you have voltage at the led. I wonder if you could replace the lamp on the pcb board

#2822 4 years ago

I sure hope there is a way to replace that light.

#2823 4 years ago

those purple domes look great!

keep us posted on getting other bulbs..

How do you know what to order to change all the hardware over?? That is something I am interested in also.

I am going to order speaker lights, LED flipper buttons, Leds in the apron area and these purple domes...!

#2824 4 years ago

Here is a photo of the led board under the dome lights

20200311_200701 (resized).jpg20200311_200701 (resized).jpg
#2825 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffJr:

those purple domes look great!
keep us posted on getting other bulbs..
How do you know what to order to change all the hardware over?? That is something I am interested in also.
I am going to order speaker lights, LED flipper buttons, Leds in the apron area and these purple domes...!

When changing the hardware I started on one sling removed all the bolts and match the chrome screws and nuts to the black hardware I ordered from Ebay. I just slowly work my way around the playfield. Some screws I did not have. I will change them over when the other ones arrive. I'm going to use model car paint to paint some of the screws in purple

#2826 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

When changing the hardware I started on one sling removed all the bolts and match the chrome screws and nuts to the black hardware I ordered from Ebay. I just slowly work my way around the playfield. Some screws I did not have. I will change them over when the other ones arrive. I'm going to use model car paint to paint some of the screws in purple

sounds good.. thanks for the info!

I was thinking.. what about painting the lens of the LED for the dome lights? nail polish.. model paint or even a marker? they shouldnt get too hot.. should be ok.

#2827 4 years ago

Man did I do some damage today..

plastic protectors. purple dome light plastics.. more purple rubbers and post protectors. Led flipper buttons, through Leds in the apron, crank it up scoop and toy box LEDs! Speaker light kit, shaker motor. rubber protectors for the floor and a cup holder!

cant wait to install all this stuff!

does anyone have a shaker motor? How do you like it?

#2828 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffJr:

Man did I do some damage today..
plastic protectors. purple dome light plastics.. more purple rubbers and post protectors. Led flipper buttons, through Leds in the apron, crank it up scoop and toy box LEDs! Speaker light kit, shaker motor. rubber protectors for the floor and a cup holder!
cant wait to install all this stuff!
does anyone have a shaker motor? How do you like it?

I have a shaker on mine, it's not the greatest game for integration, but I e joy the addition of it.

All my modern games have shakers, so maybe I'm biased, but I can only offer my opinion.

#2829 4 years ago

I've had my AS for about six months now. I love the game and the theme, but at least mine is a drain monster. Left, right, SDTM, it doesn't discriminate. I have my outlane posts tightened up, and have just dropped my pitch from 7 - 6.5 degrees. Anyone else, it just can't be my game? I'm not a professional player and far from a novice, but it is so frustrating.

#2830 4 years ago

I'm about to install these:

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-pinball-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-spike-spike-2-machines.html

Those pegs are awful!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2831 4 years ago

Straight forward installation and a huge improvement over the stock useless pegs.

#2832 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I used some purple and orange chroma nuts.

20200409_191129 (resized).jpg20200409_191129 (resized).jpg
#2833 4 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Straight forward installation and a huge improvement over the stock useless pegs.

As pragmatist who understands business, I don't fault Stern for most of their cost-cutting measures. But those pegs? Not good at all. As evidenced by their going back to rails. (Yay!)

#2834 4 years ago

Its great seeing everyones mods! This game doesnt get enough attention!

#2835 4 years ago

I've had an operators Aerosmith Pro here on hire for a couple of weeks along with his Munsters. Can't wait to see the back of the Munsters going out the door, but trying to talk him into selling me the Aerosmith. The only machine here that makes me dance while i play.

#2836 4 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I've had my AS for about six months now. I love the game and the theme, but at least mine is a drain monster. Left, right, SDTM, it doesn't discriminate. I have my outlane posts tightened up, and have just dropped my pitch from 7 - 6.5 degrees. Anyone else, it just can't be my game? I'm not a professional player and far from a novice, but it is so frustrating.

you can adjust the coil power for scoops and shooter lane coil so the ball is not like a rocket around the playfield

#2837 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I used some purple and orange chroma nuts.[quoted image]

nice color choice for the nuts

#2838 4 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Remove the post from the pops to gain 2 awesome benefits. One, a big reduction in SDTM drains and two, so much randomness towards the center of the PF that includes ball locks, trunk hits and even an occasional center ramp coming out of the pops.

#2839 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Here is a photo of the led board under the dome lights[quoted image]

Yup. If it was me I would cut a piece of that red gel to the size of that board. Then use a dab of hot glue in the open space below the led to adhere it to the board in a couple places. This way if you don't like the effect you can remove it and try something else. FYI you can also order Purple gel.

#2840 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I used some purple and orange chroma nuts.[quoted image]

This speaks to my OCD. This would be a real problem if I went through and did it to a bunch on my machines.

#2841 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

This speaks to my OCD. This would be a real problem if I went through and did it to a bunch on my machines.

Yes, I have blue nuts on blue plastics further up the playfield. I did a few machines that way and ordered some more a week or so ago to complete a couple more pins... waiting on the temporary new normal of slow delivery.

#2842 4 years ago

Has anyone changed the songs using Pinball Browser? I used it all the time when I owned Metallica and Mustang and had fun changing up the songs.

Looks like it's much more involved with Spike 2, but I don't mind as long as I'm not wasting my time.

#2843 4 years ago

I'll respond to my own question. I had no problem changing songs on Aerosmith and it was the same process I used with Mustang and Metallica. Just had the extra long image reading and writing times, but I was using mu old desktop all-in-one and not my gaming laptop. Not sure how much faster it could've been since the SD card reading/writing times probably are the bottleneck.

Anyways, I swapped out Walk This Way with the version featuring Run DMC. Songs times were identical, so didn't need to edit the song. I just applied "Compression" in Audacity and adjusted the volume level.

Also swapped out Rats in the Cellar with the 2014 Skid Row cover version, just to mix it up and the guitar solo is terrific and vocals great. It's not Sebastian Bach on vocals - some other guys who made a few records with Skid Row I guess.

#2844 4 years ago

Another perfect swap:

Dude Looks Like a Lady - 4:25

Mama Kin - 4:26
Dream On - 4:26 (not a fan of this song on a pin)
Rag Doll - 4:25

I prefer the later sound of Rag Doll over the campy Dude. Bonus is the song matches the Dude animations on the LCD and no need to edit the song length.

#2845 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Another perfect swap:
Dude Looks Like a Lady - 4:25
Mama Kin - 4:26
Dream On - 4:26 (not a fan of this song on a pin)
Rag Doll - 4:25
I prefer the later sound of Rag Doll over the campy Dude. Bonus is the song matches the Dude animations on the LCD and no need to edit the song length.

Nice Job .....

#2846 4 years ago

Can anyone suggest where I could find purple colored leg protectors for my AS Prem?

#2847 4 years ago
Quoted from Toddolie:

Can anyone suggest where I could find purple colored leg protectors for my AS Prem?

Avoid them

They are often too large and will cripple your decals.

The metal ones are sufficient

#2848 4 years ago

So just go with the standard legs and nothing behind them? I saw where someone offers some felt pieces to place behind the legs to protect the cabinet. Do you use anything or just bolt up the legs?

#2849 4 years ago
Quoted from Toddolie:

So just go with the standard legs and nothing behind them? I saw where someone offers some felt pieces to place behind the legs to protect the cabinet. Do you use anything or just bolt up the legs?

There should be the metal (sometimes plastic) protectors from the factory.

These... https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-cabinet-protectors-set-of-4.html

#2850 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

So I attempted to check voltage, I set my DMM to DC and set the dial to 20V. Hope that’s the correct setting. I then put the black lead on the ground wire on the inside of the cabinet and my first test was on an LED insert board. The board had 2 solder points, one wire was labeled GND, the other LED DRV. I placed the red lead on the LED DRV solder point and got a reading of like 5.54, so I believe my “test” was accurate.
I then moved to the LED light insert board. Removed all screws, set test mode to all lamps. Tried testing a light that was working and got a 5.4 reading. Then tried LED4 which is the DUDE light, also got a 5.4 reading. Thoughts?
Attached is a pic of the insert board and the solder point I used for my reading on LED4[quoted image]

RESOLVED!

Just wanted to update everyone here. I was able to remove the LED and install a new one and we are back in action.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.75
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/57?hl=ulekstore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.