Topic Stats

• 2,771 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 436 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
546FA63C-E962-4936-A1AF-EA8ADA4544DB (resized).jpeg
img_106074b_xl (resized).jpg
img_106072b_xl (resized).jpg
7CC17C1B-512B-4547-B838-1B76039D31D3 (resized).jpeg
C333AFE2-6D34-4A0D-A01F-135BA05AE5B8 (resized).jpeg
D4A120B6-6E1D-4298-B363-EFD3709475A8 (resized).jpeg
32694095-4090-4B9D-96E9-0876507106AD (resized).jpeg
ED80D758-27A7-4722-97A5-A60F6B125C64 (resized).jpeg
E92BCA41-829E-47E6-BD00-8F2030FDF241 (resized).jpeg
2695EFD0-0857-47F0-B75A-BC55F89DB549 (resized).jpeg
197490B1-B677-4453-AA7B-509F5611A4A1 (resized).jpeg
A20EFAB5-7BED-4852-896E-D7276E811D5B (resized).jpeg
9fd70b6ad29eb373fa1a6dbb047a6ed504a0a623 (resized).jpg
20191227_221716 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2771 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 56.
#2751 17 days ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did those custom instruction cards come from?!

#2753 16 days ago
Quoted from JimB:

Collecting smart missiles is used for what?

Thanks for asking.. I was using them wrong! Now I know.. haha

#2754 16 days ago
Quoted from JimB:

Collecting smart missiles is used for what?

As others have said, they will complete the most valuable shot on the playfled at the moment you use them.

#2755 14 days ago

I changed the time on the songs from 30 up to 50 like you guys said and its the factory settings.. so I wanted to up it.

Somehow I messed up crank it up.. it does not add time anymore. Does anyone know what setting it is? Or did it go away because the time went up.

Thanks!

#2756 13 days ago

Does anyone have an extra plastic for "Love in an Elevator"? Stern will only sell it in a set and mine got smashed to bit recently. If not, can someone grab the exact measurements so I can make something out of PETG? Thanks!

#2757 13 days ago
Quoted from JeffJr:

Somehow I messed up crank it up.. it does not add time anymore. Does anyone know what setting it is? Or did it go away because the time went up.

Latest code no longer adds time to modes as a CIU award

#2758 12 days ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Latest code no longer adds time to modes as a CIU award

This makes sense.. Thanks!

#2759 10 days ago

I hit 380 million. A personal best! I was pretty pumped last night!

3 balls, level medium

#2760 5 days ago

Has anyone else had an issue where the toybox will randomly dump the locked balls without starting toybox multiball.

A friend is borrowing my game for a bit on trade and he called today saying it would randomly dump locked balls. The other item is after it launch's a ball into the toybox. Sometimes the next ball does not get plunged into the shooter lane. I know that it will dump the toybox on a ball search but it seems to be happening while playing a ball.

#2761 5 days ago
Quoted from Waderade812:

Has anyone else had an issue where the toybox will randomly dump the locked balls without starting toybox multiball.
A friend is borrowing my game for a bit on trade and he called today saying it would randomly dump locked balls. The other item is after it launch's a ball into the toybox. Sometimes the next ball does not get plunged into the shooter lane. I know that it will dump the toybox on a ball search but it seems to be happening while playing a ball.

The one time I know it will do that is if you start a different multiball and there are not enough balls in the trough, it will dump the toybox and shut off any ballsaver until you get down to the proper number of balls.

As for the other, sounds like a switch issue. Like the game thinks a ball is still in play due to a closed switch. So head into switch test and see what’s going on.

#2762 5 days ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The one time I know it will do that is if you start a different multiball and there are not enough balls in the trough, it will dump the toybox and shut off any ballsaver until you get down to the proper number of balls.
As for the other, sounds like a switch issue. Like the game thinks a ball is still in play due to a closed switch. So head into switch test and see what’s going on.

Thanks that does make sense. I just need to get over there to scope it out. But your right. There is no reason for it to doing that if a switch isn't triggering.

#2763 5 days ago

AS and guardians are definitely similar... I prefer AS rules slightly over guardians. The supers on AS is a better rule set to me e.g. super ramps etc.

As for the pop bumper post.. I've owned a pro and an LE. I've had the post in and out and I really dont see the point in removing it... I prefer keeping the ball restricted in the pops as designed. Too me your giving in one aspect but also taking away from another... but each to their own.

#2764 4 days ago
Quoted from Waderade812:

I had that happen as well, the fault is one or more dodgy optos (out of 3 iirc) that are in the toybox (horizontal to register a ball entering the toybox).

If it triggers/registers a ball entering when it shouldn't - it'll dump anything in there.
If it doesn't register when a ball enters - it won't know a ball has entered and thus won't put a ball in the shooter lane.

The fact that it is an intermittent problem makes it harder to confirm - but this is DEFINITELY the problem.

#2765 4 days ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I had that happen as well, the fault is one or more dodgy optos (out of 3 iirc) that are in the toybox (horizontal to register a ball entering the toybox).
If it triggers/registers a ball entering when it shouldn't - it'll dump anything in there.
If it doesn't register when a ball enters - it won't know a ball has entered and thus won't put a ball in the shooter lane.
The fact that it is an intermittent problem makes it harder to confirm - but this is DEFINITELY the problem.

Thanks for your help. I need some time to go over and start diagnosing the problem. That helps me start looking in the right direction. I have not worked with optos yet. So I will do a little research.
May have the swap back and get my game running right again. I have been missing it lately.

#2766 4 days ago
Quoted from Waderade812:

Thanks for your help. I need some time to go over and start diagnosing the problem. That helps me start looking in the right direction. I have not worked with optos yet. So I will do a little research.
May have the swap back and get my game running right again. I have been missing it lately.

Definitely check the optos in toy box! Especially the one on the left side, they tend to get loose from the balls flying into it; mine did.

#2767 4 days ago

I just had a great game! 'Finished (not timed out) 6 of the 7 songs, 8 seconds left on the last song on the first ball. Final score was 1.3 Billion but I have this pin set on 5 balls...the only pin I have not set on 3 - I like getting "my wings" every 30 games or so and 5 balls allows this at my old, old, old age.

#2768 2 days ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I just had a great game! 'Finished (not timed out) 6 of the 7 songs, 8 seconds left on the last song on the first ball. Final score was 1.3 Billion but I have this pin set on 5 balls...the only pin I have not set on 3 - I like getting "my wings" every 30 games or so and 5 balls allows this at my old, old, old age.

Hey 5 balls or 3 Bill, that is a great game you had. I believe in setting the game up for the way it makes it the most fun for you because if its not fun then you're not going to want to play it. Great game!

#2769 2 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I believe in setting the game up for the way it makes it the most fun for you because if its not fun

I keep reading little bit here and there that people have changed some settings to make the gameplay better. Is there a list of all of the adjustments?

#2770 2 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hey 5 balls or 3 Bill, that is a great game you had. I believe in setting the game up for the way it makes it the most fun for you because if its not fun then you're not going to want to play it. Great game!

I wish I could just cheer this comment. This is 100% truth. Set every game up how YOU enjoy playing it. If that is floaty or fast, brutal or easy, 3 ball, 5 ball, 10 ball, none of it matters as long as it is how you like to play and enjoy it. No one else has any say in it, it is your game. And it is true for the games you own as well. If you like them, that is the only real thing that matters.

#2771 2 days ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I wish I could just cheer this comment. This is 100% truth. Set every game up how YOU enjoy playing it. If that is floaty or fast, brutal or easy, 3 ball, 5 ball, 10 ball, none of it matters as long as it is how you like to play and enjoy it. No one else has any say in it, it is your game. And it is true for the games you own as well. If you like them, that is the only real thing that matters.

I used to not want to stay from the factory settings at all and I generally dont too much but if a game is brutally hard or if I just want to make it a little easier to hit the wizard modes then I change it. Metallica is a good example, the game is just a lot of bashing and it gets tiring after awhile. When the new code came out they made it less bashing the targets and it became a much more fun game.

I was like hey that made the game alot more fun so I'm going to even take it down a tad further and I did and it's more fun now because you can get to the crank it up modes more often. Same with GB I made a couple small adjustments and made it a little easier and I like it 100% better now than before. I'm not a tournament player anyways so what's it matter right?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cottonwood, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Haverhill, MA
There are 2771 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 56.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside