IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240123_182538 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,072 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 82.
#2701 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffJr:

has anyone added light up flipper buttons ?? just wondering where the best place to get them is
Thanks

I got mine from cointaker.

I do for all my games

#2702 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffJr:

has anyone added light up flipper buttons ?? just wondering where the best place to get them is
Thanks

I've always heard that those dont last and it's better to avoid them. I dont know if that is true or not but that's what I've heard.

#2703 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffJr:

Thanks

I get mine from Pinball Life. Never had a problem with them in Sterns. Fit problems in the newer JJPs.

#2704 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffJr:

Thanks

Yes...I got mine from Coin Taker. I like those because of the way they fit. I have also used the ones from Comet Pinball. Comet's are a little less expensive, and still good. I also found some similar to the Coin Taker Flipper lights from Marco.

#2705 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I've always heard that those dont last and it's better to avoid them. I dont know if that is true or not but that's what I've heard.

I've had flipper lights on my Tron and iron Man for years now. Not a problem yet..

#2706 4 years ago

Thanks guys! cant wait to get this home home!!! I need to actually get the game room finished and not looking at mods online! ha

#2707 4 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Merry Christmas. Was wonder if you guys could help me out, and give your opinion.
I was out of the club for a while but just picked up another Aerosmith Pro via trade. Happy to be back!
Anyway when I got my pro home, the node 8b leds for the modes seem to be dim to me. I remember them being brighter on my original Aerosmith Pro.
Below I attached a link to a video. If you guys could check it out, and let me know what you think I would appreciate it.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/u18kUUUvz4hgoANk6
Thanks.

Mine's first (glass on), yours is 2nd:

Looks about the same to me. I think you're good.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2708 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffJr:

Thanks

Just got a set from Comet. Easy install and seem to work very good.

20191227_221716 (resized).jpg20191227_221716 (resized).jpg
#2709 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Looks about the same to me. I think your good.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I think mine is on the dim side a little bit as well. I think that's normal.

#2710 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Looks about the same to me. I think your good.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks man!

#2711 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think mine is on the dim side a little bit as well. I think that's normal.

Thank you also.

#2712 4 years ago

I should add, I never light them all up anyways...so moot point! LOL

#2713 4 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Just got a set from Comet. Easy install and seem to work very good.[quoted image]

Looks great! Really sets off the purple on the cabinet I think!

#2714 4 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Just completed my topper:[quoted image]

That topper is awesome. Did you make it?

9fd70b6ad29eb373fa1a6dbb047a6ed504a0a623 (resized).jpg9fd70b6ad29eb373fa1a6dbb047a6ed504a0a623 (resized).jpg
#2715 4 years ago
Quoted from rocket_man:

That topper is awesome. Did you make it?[quoted image]

Yeah that is pretty cool!

#2716 4 years ago

In my opinion, this is a game changer. I finally removed the post that sits between the pops and the game is SOOOO much better. It makes the game have so much more randomness and cuts down on the cheap straight down the middle drains out of the pops. I played 3 games without the post and the randomness was pretty awesome. I had 2 ejects out of the pops into the lock, one of the ejects hit the trunk to light a lock and one of the ejects shot it in the elevator! Way cool. Go remove it now. Enjoy!

A20EFAB5-7BED-4852-896E-D7276E811D5B (resized).jpegA20EFAB5-7BED-4852-896E-D7276E811D5B (resized).jpeg
#2717 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

In my opinion, this is a game changer. I finally removed the post that sits between the pops and the game is SOOOO much better. It makes the game have so much more randomness and cuts down on the cheap straight down the middle drains out of the pops. I played 3 games without the post and the randomness was pretty awesome. I had 2 ejects out of the pops into the lock, one of the ejects hit the trunk to light a lock and one of the ejects shot it in the elevator! Way cool. Go remove it now. Enjoy![quoted image]

I played an le without the post, and I have decided to keep mine in on my le

I guess it's a personal preference. I found a lot of the sideways escapes lead to outlane drains (on the game I played)

I think it's wise to try it out and see what you like on your own game. It's not like it does any harm to the playfield

#2718 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I played an le without the post, and I have decided to keep mine in on my le
I guess it's a personal preference. I found a lot of the sideways escapes lead to outlane drains (on the game I played)
I think it's wise to try it out and see what you like on your own game. It's not like it does any harm to the playfield

I always short plunge to make sure the ball doesnt go into the pops

#2719 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I always try that if lock is lit. Hidden skill shot is hard with stock plunger spring!

#2720 4 years ago

I short plunge with left flipper button down to go for double skill shot.

#2721 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So do I, but throughout gameplay, you'll be in the pops enough

3 weeks later
#2722 4 years ago

"Bought" mine last weekend and so far I love it. Very fast and rewarding game. The previous owner removed the post between the popbumper and placed some clear caps on the popbumpers. I replaced the clear caps for orinigal ones, replaced the stock leds for red/blue/white combo's and some purple ones on some places and it look sooooo much better.

The ruleset feels like it's a one on one copy from guardians of the galaxy and that's a good thing

#2723 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

"Bought" mine last weekend and so far I love it. Very fast and rewarding game. The previous owner removed the post between the popbumper and placed some clear caps on the popbumpers. I replaced the clear caps for orinigal ones, replaced the stock leds for red/blue/white combo's and some purple ones on some places and it look sooooo much better.
The ruleset feels like it's a one on one copy from guardians of the galaxy and that's a good thing

Toss a picture up. I would like to see your LED setup.

#2724 4 years ago
197490B1-B677-4453-AA7B-509F5611A4A1 (resized).jpeg197490B1-B677-4453-AA7B-509F5611A4A1 (resized).jpeg7CC17C1B-512B-4547-B838-1B76039D31D3 (resized).jpeg7CC17C1B-512B-4547-B838-1B76039D31D3 (resized).jpeg2695EFD0-0857-47F0-B75A-BC55F89DB549 (resized).jpeg2695EFD0-0857-47F0-B75A-BC55F89DB549 (resized).jpeg32694095-4090-4B9D-96E9-0876507106AD (resized).jpeg32694095-4090-4B9D-96E9-0876507106AD (resized).jpegC333AFE2-6D34-4A0D-A01F-135BA05AE5B8 (resized).jpegC333AFE2-6D34-4A0D-A01F-135BA05AE5B8 (resized).jpegD4A120B6-6E1D-4298-B363-EFD3709475A8 (resized).jpegD4A120B6-6E1D-4298-B363-EFD3709475A8 (resized).jpegE92BCA41-829E-47E6-BD00-8F2030FDF241 (resized).jpegE92BCA41-829E-47E6-BD00-8F2030FDF241 (resized).jpegED80D758-27A7-4722-97A5-A60F6B125C64 (resized).jpegED80D758-27A7-4722-97A5-A60F6B125C64 (resized).jpeg
#2725 4 years ago

Question to all fellow owners. I'd like to add some convolux but I think yellow is not the right color for this machine. Blue is kind of dim, so that leaves green and red.
I'm kind of reluctant on this machine. Does anyone have convolux installed on their Aerosmith and if so, can you please share some pictures?

img_106072b_xl (resized).jpgimg_106072b_xl (resized).jpgimg_106074b_xl (resized).jpgimg_106074b_xl (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2726 4 years ago

If you haven't yet, please do yourself a favor and pull the post out of the bumpers. It truly opens up the game play on this machine.

#2727 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Question to all fellow owners. I'd like to add some convolux but I think yellow is not the right color for this machine. Blue is kind of dim, so that leaves green and red.
I'm kind of reluctant on this machine. Does anyone have convolux installed on their Aerosmith and if so, can you please share some pictures?[quoted image][quoted image]

I have wanted to do Convolux on mine as well but have not jumped yet. I have searched several time for photos of Convolux installed on Aerosmith that wasn't in yellow but haven't had any luck yet. I'm also interested to see different colors installed.

#2728 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

If you haven't yet, please do yourself a favor and pull the post out of the bumpers. It truly opens up the game play on this machine.

Thanks for the tip. The post was already removed by the previous owner.

Today i replaced the flasher caps by purple ones and finished installing silicone clear rubbers. I love those.

Also installed blue post sleeves.

#2729 4 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I have wanted to do Convolux on mine as well but have not jumped yet. I have searched several time for photos of Convolux installed on Aerosmith that wasn't in yellow but haven't had any luck yet. I'm also interested to see different colors installed.

Got a friend who bought a blue set for his spiderman. I will test those where they fit.

Too bad there is no purple convolux

#2730 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Yup. Aerosmith and GOTG are pretty much the same. (Gameplay, rules, and modes wise) No question.

#2731 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I get mine from Pinball Life. Never had a problem with them in Sterns. Fit problems in the newer JJPs.

which ones do I get ? there is a few different ones to choose form on there

Thanks

#2732 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffJr:

which ones do I get ? there is a few different ones to choose form on there
Thanks

Get the ones that say that they are for Stern Spike/Spike2 systems.

#2733 4 years ago

I joined the club. Picked up my HUO premium today. Love the game!

Couple questions - auto launch without nudge toward end goes around and thru pops maybe hits one and right drain. Lol..

Lock misses making shot into toybox many times.. any tricks

546FA63C-E962-4936-A1AF-EA8ADA4544DB (resized).jpeg546FA63C-E962-4936-A1AF-EA8ADA4544DB (resized).jpeg
#2734 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Lock misses making shot into toybox many times.. any tricks

Every AS I've ever played -- my own included -- does that once in a while. As you've no doubt seen, it attempts re-locks on subsequent lock shots whether lit or not ("Reloading Toybox..."). Each of these re-dos are tried at a different internal kicker power level until the balls start going into the box again.

As long as the toy box lid opens fully to capture the ball, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Should work itself out.

#2735 4 years ago

Couple questions - auto launch without nudge toward end goes around and thru pops maybe hits one and right drain. Lol..
Lock misses making shot into toybox many times.. any tricks[quoted image]

You can reduce the speed of the auto launch in the adjustments menu. Also you can increase or decrease the lock box ball launch strength so it's makes it most of the time. In most cases you will need to reduce this power from factory settings to make it satisfactory. Also, if an elevator ball goes SDTM too often reduce the strength so it dribbles down to the right flipper.

#2736 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

You can reduce the speed of the auto launch in the adjustments menu. Also you can increase or decrease the lock box ball launch strength so it's makes it most of the time. In most cases you will need to reduce this power from factory settings to make it satisfactory. Also, if an elevator ball goes SDTM too often reduce the strength so it dribbles down to the right flipper.

He said he got a premium, so his elevator will be putting the ball up on the second playfield. I wouldn't recommend reducing the power or it may not make it up.

#2737 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Auto launch and lock box ball launch I couldn’t see adjustments for?

#2738 4 years ago

Feature adj>Aero>#56 ball launch power
#8 Right Eject Power
Also there are time adjustments for each song, the default is "50" but you'll want to shorten that a bit for the "easy" songs like "walk this way" "Back in the saddle" "rats", "Same old song and dance" - I have these set at "40".
BTW - I DO have a pro so things might be different for premium. This is my favorite pin, I hope it'll be your's too

#2739 4 years ago

SO dialed in nicely now - what's the skill shot and the "hidden skill shot?
Also to end a song mode after shooting all the matched colors must you go into crank it up to complete it?

#2740 4 years ago

You don't want to autoplunge on AS. Try and short plunge just far enough so the ball rolls in the back side of the toy box lock area. Very tricky to do but will reward you with a smart missile. I'm not sure if this same shot is available on the premium but on the Pro, you want to try and master this.

#2741 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

You don't want to autoplunge on AS. Try and short plunge just far enough so the ball rolls in the back side of the toy box lock area. Very tricky to do but will reward you with a smart missile. I'm not sure if this same shot is available on the premium but on the Pro, you want to try and master this.

Only been using autoplunger so far so we will try this! TY

#2743 4 years ago

SO dialed in nicely now - what's the skill shot and the "hidden skill shot?
Also to end a song mode after shooting all the matched colors must you go into crank it up to complete it?

Super skill shot - hold left flipper up, short plunge to flipper, one of 3 shots will be flashing white, either the scoop, the left orbit, or the center ramp. Hit the shot for 3 smart missiles.

#2744 4 years ago

No. CIU only applies DURING the song mode, it lights additional shots and/or increases shot scoring (depends on mode).

#2745 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Super skill shot - hold left flipper up, short plunge to flipper, one of 3 shots will be flashing white, either the scoop, the left orbit, or the center ramp. Hit the shot for 3 smart missiles.

It's actually +2 Smart Missiles.

#2746 4 years ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

It's actually +2 Smart Missiles.

If you get the 2 Smart Missiles skill shot and ball save is still on let it drain and shoot for the hidden skill shot and get 1 more Smart Missile. Sometimes it works if your fast enough. Go try it now.

#2747 4 years ago

Collecting smart missiles is used for what?

#2748 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Use them to collect lit shots in modes or MB. For example if you are in a mode with 5 seconds left and your 2 lit shots are the left orbit and the right ramp, press the button 2 times and it will award you those shots, and in turn allow you to finish the mode. For MB, anytime you use a missile it will award you a jackpot shot. I try to either save it when balls drain to cash in a few extra jackpots or I save it to complete some of the jackpot stages.

#2749 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I always use them in Toybox. As I get towards the supers and super duper Jackie pot I’ll fire them if I drain. They can be worth many millions of points when used right. If I started 6 ball, I’ll fire them on draining no matter what. Also profitable.

#2750 4 years ago

Not sure if this is stock on the Premium but get one of Cliffy's lock protectors. It is a metal ring that surrounds the wood hole to protect it. It also makes the ball rest in a consistent spot giving the game the best shot at making the toybox. Even with the protector, it still misses but as others said, the game adjusts the power to compensate on future attempts.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
There are 4,072 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/55?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.