20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 82.
#2651 4 years ago

Anyone having s problem with getting balls stuck sideways in the elevator during multiball? This has happened to me multiple times and the only way to free them is take the glass down and free them. I have the pro model. Help !

#2652 4 years ago

I installed these EL inserts in the side armor on my Aerosmith LE today and they make a loud humming sound. Anyone seen this before and what was the fix, if any? I unplugged them for now and will yank them out and reinstall the non-lit gold paper inserts if I can’t fix this.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WcesbggL4xZDXH5WjKlZy3h395ml4Pyr/view?usp=drivesdk
74A19525-1815-4680-B3E9-11344EA28E1D (resized).jpeg74A19525-1815-4680-B3E9-11344EA28E1D (resized).jpegB15E68F6-F81D-4389-A635-6740D5FCFDE0 (resized).jpegB15E68F6-F81D-4389-A635-6740D5FCFDE0 (resized).jpeg

#2653 4 years ago

Just joined the club. It bricked when updating to the latest code, so I just pulled the SD card and flashed it anew.

We're big fans of the band, so this game should be enjoyable for a little while. I did order the plastic protectors, air ball fix and Stern fixes to get everything squared away.

1 week later
#2654 4 years ago

Just wanted to pass this along - the Marco AS re rubber kits do not include the 3 post rubbers (on each side right ramp and between elevator and upper scoop). When you order the kit find the proper replacement when you order to avoid another service/mailing charge. You can flip these over and reinstall and get a little more use but otherwise get the NAPA part # 715-1803 3/16" Vacuum caps and snip off the ends at the molding line - they fit exactly but spray with WD40 to aid installation. You can also buy 3/16" vacuum line but it is very slightly fatter and the right ramp is difficult enough. Either of these are made with denser rubber in case you're a purist but don't seem to affect game play.

#2655 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I installed these EL inserts in the side armor on my Aerosmith LE today and they make a loud humming sound.

Mine hum as well but they look so f'en killer I just turn up the volume

#2656 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I installed these EL inserts in the side armor on my Aerosmith LE today and they make a loud humming sound. Anyone seen this before and what was the fix, if any? I unplugged them for now and will yank them out and reinstall the non-lit gold paper inserts if I can’t fix this.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WcesbggL4xZDXH5WjKlZy3h395ml4Pyr/view?usp=drivesdk
[quoted image][quoted image]

On mine there was power connectors for each side that plug into a Y. I swapped the connection and the hum decreased significantly, but was/is still there at a low whisper level. If I turn on any pin in the room, you can't hear it.

#2657 4 years ago

Thank you. I will try swapping the connectors and see if that helps. Otherwise, I’m taking them out and putting the gold chrome paperboard inserts back in. The noise is very loud which was not disclosed by the vendor who sold them to me.

Quoted from KingBW:

On mine there was power connectors for each side that plug into a Y. I swapped the connection and the hum decreased significantly, but was/is still there at a low whisper level. If I turn on any pin in the room, you can't hear it.

#2658 4 years ago

Does anyone know If the LE's came with a shaker motor?

#2659 4 years ago
Quoted from Vans:

Does anyone know If the LE's came with a shaker motor?

They did not

#2660 4 years ago

I drove 6 hours both ways to pick up my LE. Underrated game in IMHO...

#2661 4 years ago
Quoted from Vans:

I drove 6 hours both ways to pick up my LE. Underrated game in IMHO...

I drove almost 20 minutes each way for my Pro... and then it became one of my favorite games!

I'm still stunned how that happens in Pinball. I had played it at a friends house quite a few times and always liked it. But then he sold it. Fortunately the guy he sold it to was also a friend of mine. I texted him that he sucked for taking it away, and he instantly (and unexpectedly) offered it to me if I wanted it. Very quickly it was in my house. This was also right around the time I sold my Tron after 7 wonderful years. Aerosmith was put right into that space, and it instantly took over all my play. This game just works. Most of my games are setup nasty and fast, but that never worked for AS with me. A good friend of mine calls Star Trek he "whiskey" game. The game setup just for fun and pinball relaxation. Well I'd call AS my "whiskey" game. I enjoy it every time I play it. I never understand how it could be underrated, but I realize it is. That's ok. I know that I'll own mine for a long time.

#2662 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I drove almost 20 minutes each way for my Pro... and then it became one of my favorite games!
I'm still stunned how that happens in Pinball. I had played it at a friends house quite a few times and always liked it. But then he sold it. Fortunately the guy he sold it to was also a friend of mine. I texted him that he sucked for taking it away, and he instantly (and unexpectedly) offered it to me if I wanted it. Very quickly it was in my house. This was also right around the time I sold my Tron after 7 wonderful years. Aerosmith was put right into that space, and it instantly took over all my play. This game just works. Most of my games are setup nasty and fast, but that never worked for AS with me. A good friend of mine calls Star Trek he "whiskey" game. The game setup just for fun and pinball relaxation. Well I'd call AS my "whiskey" game. I enjoy it every time I play it. I never understand how it could be underrated, but I realize it is. That's ok. I know that I'll own mine for a long time.

I have a couple of pinhead friends who hate mine so much they wont even play it. I've tried to tell them that it is awesome but they wont listen to me or even give it a chance. Oh well their loss.

#2663 4 years ago

Way underrated.

#2664 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have a couple of pinhead friends who hate mine so much they wont even play it. I've tried to tell them that it is awesome but they wont listen to me or even give it a chance

Some people are just morons.

rd

#2665 4 years ago

I have had mine for 2 weeks now. And this game rules! The shots are on the tough side. And the modes give you a sense of urgency.

Before trading for it. I had only given it 3-4 plays at a show. I didn't remember much about it. But this game will be in my home for sometime. The art alone makes this game worth it. Beautiful!!

#2666 4 years ago

Been reading and looking to walk this way with any model and listed a wtb/wtt ad. Less experience with prem/LE. I’m in northern CA.
Thanks all!

#2667 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Been reading and looking to walk this way with any model and listed a wtb/wtt ad. Less experience with prem/LE. I’m in northern CA.
Thanks all!

I wish you lived closer. I saw your wtb/wtt ad when browsing earlier as I'm looking to buy an LE. I have a Pro but recently went to a pinball open house and they had an LE, now I want the LE.

#2668 4 years ago

Has anyone ordered the Titan kit for their pro? I'm considering the one below and want to know if anyone found it missing pieces.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/852

#2669 4 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

Has anyone ordered the Titan kit for their pro? I'm considering the one below and want to know if anyone found it missing pieces.
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/852

Compared to the Marco kit you get the 3 post sleeves which is great because they wear the most. You also get 2 more 3/16 inch rubber rings. It appears you're missing the 6 grommets - the very small but fat rings near the out lanes. Marco DOES supply these.

#2670 4 years ago

BTW - Isn't this game great! WAY underrated.

#2671 4 years ago

Who here has removed the post between the pop bumpers? I'm thinking about doing it to add more randomness to the game. It kind if reminds of White Water with the sling/rubber between the pops. I removed that rubber on White Water and it definitely makes that game more interesting.

#2672 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

BTW - Isn't this game great! WAY underrated.

I agree, game Very underrated, every aspect underrated from gameplay, art, music the total package.

#2673 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Who here has removed the post between the pop bumpers? I'm thinking about doing it to add more randomness to the game. It kind if reminds of White Water with the sling/rubber between the pops. I removed that rubber on White Water and it definitely makes that game more interesting.

I haven't removed mine but..... It got so loose once it just about removed itself. Let us know how it plays once you remove it.

#2674 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Compared to the Marco kit you get the 3 post sleeves which is great because they wear the most. You also get 2 more 3/16 inch rubber rings. It appears you're missing the 6 grommets - the very small but fat rings near the out lanes. Marco DOES supply these.

Do you mean the 7/16" OD rings?

#2675 4 years ago

Do you mean the 7/16" OD rings?

Sorrry ! The grommets go on the underside and fit the coil stops - check the elevator or scoop plunger on the underside. The marco kit has these. These rarely would go bad however so I wouldn't bother unless you're a purist. Your kit seems complete compared to the Marco kit. Neither kit has the 4 post rubbers nearest Jackie but these are fairly hidden and not subject to wear. Your kit DOES has the other 3 post rubbers however and these are very important.

#2676 4 years ago

Got to play one a few weeks ago For the first time in over a year since I sold mine and was reminded what an incredible game it is. Gonna be putting a DI and a judge dredd up for sale this weekend and hopefully find a AS local.

#2677 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Sorrry ! The grommets go on the underside and fit the coil stops - check the elevator or scoop plunger on the underside. The marco kit has these. These rarely would go bad however so I wouldn't bother unless you're a purist. Your kit seems complete compared to the Marco kit. Neither kit has the 4 post rubbers nearest Jackie but these are fairly hidden and not subject to wear. Your kit DOES has the other 3 post rubbers however and these are very important.

Gotcha. I checked those and they appear to be in good shape. Thanks!

#2678 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I haven't removed mine but..... It got so loose once it just about removed itself.

My pop bumper post vibrates loose all the time. May end up putting a touch of blue Loctite on its T-nut threads underneath at some point.

1 week later
#2679 4 years ago

I’ve been thinking about getting AS for about six months but the machine at the bar I’ve played it at has an issue that frustrates / concerns me...

the magnet that grabs the ball for the toy box seems woefully ineffective. If you hit the toy box is the magnet supposed to grab it every time? On this particular pin it tries to grab it and succeeds about 10% of the time.

Is that the way the game is or is it just an issue with this particular one?

#2680 4 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

I’ve been thinking about getting AS for about six months but the machine at the bar I’ve played it at has an issue that frustrates / concerns me...
the magnet that grabs the ball for the toy box seems woefully ineffective. If you hit the toy box is the magnet supposed to grab it every time? On this particular pin it tries to grab it and succeeds about 10% of the time.
Is that the way the game is or is it just an issue with this particular one?

It’s supposed to grab it every time and sling it. In the same manner as Metallica.

#2681 4 years ago

Anybody have a source for the "o" or "s" small target plastics just below the lowest pop bumper?

#2682 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Anybody have a source for the "o" or "s" small target plastics just below the lowest pop bumper?

Pinball Life (Laseriffic) has a plastic protector for it that I advise having. Sounds like it is too late, but maybe others should consider it. $5

https://www.pinballlife.com/aerosmith-airball-killer-plastic.html

Seems like a lot of people look for specific plastic pieces, but they only sell them in complete sets - unless they come off of scrapped pins.

#2683 4 years ago

Finally got a Aerosmith topper. Cant wait to stick it on.

IMG_3173 (resized).JPGIMG_3173 (resized).JPG
#2684 4 years ago

Sweet...it is a nice topper, glad I bought mine!

#2685 4 years ago

Just completed my topper:

aerosmith topper (resized).JPGaerosmith topper (resized).JPG
#2686 4 years ago

Someone had posted the Pins at Aerosmith in Vegas. Here is the close up view ..

52EA662A-2CB4-42C7-967C-50F91C7C6648 (resized).jpeg52EA662A-2CB4-42C7-967C-50F91C7C6648 (resized).jpegFF2C59A2-E713-4D49-AA1D-AB3C795CB1CD (resized).jpegFF2C59A2-E713-4D49-AA1D-AB3C795CB1CD (resized).jpeg
#2687 4 years ago

I saw them in concert last month... Of course I was in the nose bleed seats, and got no where near the machines on stage
Still, it was a great show.

#2688 4 years ago

So.. the plastic for Love in an Elevator broke on my pro today. Does anyone have an extra or know of replacement/mod that will take its place? Thanks.

#2689 4 years ago

the plastic for Love in an Elevator broke on my pro today

Photo of broken piece/location?

#2690 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Photo of broken piece/location?

Circled in red.Circled in red.It's the plastic that says, "Love In An Elevator"

If anyone has the piece intact and can get the number off of it, I might be able to look it up.

#2691 4 years ago

I haven't found any AS plastics available except the Jackie head and toy box lid. I'm trying to contact Stern direct - 'will let you know if I have any success.

#2692 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I haven't found any AS plastics available except the Jackie head and toy box lid. I'm trying to contact Stern direct - 'will let you know if I have any success.

Yeah. Most aren't readily available, but a distributer should be able to get whatever you need if you have the part number. The manual has the entire kit listed, but that might be overkill.

Aerosmith Playfield Plastics Kit 803-5000-I5

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 10.34.21 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-23 at 10.34.21 AM (resized).png
I think it's line 9, "BUTY # 42" 830-7046-42

#2693 4 years ago

The corner of the plastic has -42 on it, so I'm going to guess that it is part number 830-7046-42.

#2694 4 years ago

Stern got back to me in less than a day (YEAH STERN!) Parts can be ordered though any dealer according to them. If you need a part # call Stern at 800-542-5377 or us the "Contact Us" at the Stern website

#2695 4 years ago

Merry Christmas. Was wonder if you guys could help me out, and give your opinion.

I was out of the club for a while but just picked up another Aerosmith Pro via trade. Happy to be back!

Anyway when I got my pro home, the node 8b leds for the modes seem to be dim to me. I remember them being brighter on my original Aerosmith Pro.

Below I attached a link to a video. If you guys could check it out, and let me know what you think I would appreciate it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/u18kUUUvz4hgoANk6

Thanks.

#2696 4 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Merry Christmas. Was wonder if you guys could help me out, and give your opinion.
I was out of the club for a while but just picked up another Aerosmith Pro via trade. Happy to be back!
Anyway when I got my pro home, the node 8b leds for the modes seem to be dim to me. I remember them being brighter on my original Aerosmith Pro.
Below I attached a link to a video. If you guys could check it out, and let me know what you think I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

I could be wrong but they look kind of normal to me? You could always start off with unplugging your connectors and plugging them back in to make sure that they are good and tight.

#2697 4 years ago

Thanks for responding. I made sure that was the first thing I did.

Thanks

#2698 4 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Thanks.

Hard to tell from the video but it looks like they are a bit dimmer than the inserts above them. I can't recall if that is the same on mine. Thr inserts you are concerned with are quite large so it might be normal.

The power might feed into this node board from another board. Try to follow the power wires back from the node board to the prior node board and inspect/reseat that one too.

#2699 4 years ago

Will do. I was contemplating on getting a new 8B node board. If somebody could check theirs just to verify, I would really appreciate it

Thanks

#2700 4 years ago

has anyone added light up flipper buttons ?? just wondering where the best place to get them is

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 8.00
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/54?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.