20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 82.
#2601 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Your son won't have much chance to play it for a while, I suspect. Enjoy!

Lucky for me he's back at college so I can play as much as I want for now.

#2602 4 years ago

Someone please answer this question: I just don't understand why all my pinball buddies have a huge hate on for AS. I've loved it since the day I bought it. In my eyes it's going to be a keeper, right beside my Metallica. Every time I hear "oh, you should trade Aerosmith" I'm like STFU already. Can someone explain their reasoning? It's such an fun game.

#2603 4 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Someone please answer this question: I just don't understand why all my pinball buddies have a huge hate on for AS. I've loved it since the day I bought it. In my eyes it's going to be a keeper, right beside my Metallica. Every time I hear "oh, you should trade Aerosmith" I'm like STFU already. Can someone explain their reasoning? It's such an fun game.

It's really not about the game - they are just against the band (even though they will tell you that's not true).

There are MANY people that are anti-Aerosmith the band. If you check the threads regarding the announcement of the game coming, people were knocking it before they even saw the game. Most of these people are Hard Rock / Heavy Metal fans and IMO they felt betrayed by Aerosmiths second half of their career, since they started out as "great hard rockers" and the later years added more ballads and radio friendly tunes --- many view them as sell-outs.

#2604 4 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

I get EXACTLY the same comments from some of my friends. I don't understand it either because the game is loads of fun.

#2605 4 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

We love it but it’s kind of vanilla. The wife and I both agree it’s a lot of fun but there isn’t anything to us that stands out. I don’t think it’s a keeper for us but it’s hard to want to get rid it of it so who knows when it will leave. The family really wants a Deadpool but I’m not ready to part with Aerosmith yet.

Obviously this is only our opinion, many really love it and will keep it forever

#2606 4 years ago

The "wow" factor of the ball launch into the Toy box wears off … but it's "fun" to play. Yes, there are some shot and game longevity challenges to keep it going to reach the final mode (never got there yet). However … that lack of walking away with at least a partial "wow" drags it down a bit. Walking away with a smile from it still exists. I still love it and there's a few other pins that would leave my collection first. Newbie friends and family love it because it isn't hard to figure out and it's "fun". I like it to just play it as a changeup to some of the deep rule intensive games that I have - a balance. Some people have the "been there, done that" attitude towards games and just keep moving on to the latest and greatest. I get that, but I will be hanging on to the games that are fun over the frustrating ones. If I could only have 1 or 2 pins, I could see the attitude of moving on from it. For now, it's still a keeper.

#2607 4 years ago

I’ve had AS for 2 years, and it’s still one of the 3 pins I go to first after work. For me, it’s simple: I like most of the songs, the game shoots well, and the risk/reward of going for a bigger Toybox is like gambling. It definitely became more fun for me once I got the skill shot dialed in to where I can make it 30% of the time.

#2608 4 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Someone please answer this question: I just don't understand why all my pinball buddies have a huge hate on for AS.

Meh, it’s not their game. It’s yours. I have buddies that don’t get it, and that’s ok. The game is still a blast for me. And that’s all that matters. It’s might not be a loved game, but I sure love playing it.

#2609 4 years ago

So this weekend I worked on our new-to-us Aerosmith Pro. It needed a few little things and then a good cleaning and waxing. Holy crap did this change the whole game dynamic! I thought it was fun before now I'm absolutely hooked! What a great shooting pin. Some of the ramps are a bit tough but I like that in a game.

I also added a shaker, service rails, Flipper Fidelity speakers to the head, and a powered Polk subwoofer. I was surprised how much the shaker went off the first couple games. I read here that it wasn't very well integrated into the game but I disagree. It isn't overwhelming or anything but it adds a nice touch here and there.

Head speakers with a separate tweeter are a must for Spike 2 games IMHO. The better sound quality really shines with tweeters. And the powered subwoofer adds so much kick! I know some people like to replace the cabinet speaker with a sub or sub/amplifier combination but I *HATE* the amount of rattling these usually produce.

In regards to the external subwoofer, I finally got a PINsub adapter to work with *only* the cabinet speaker output of a Spike 2 game. All it needed was the input of the left and right channels bridged with a couple of jumpers. Then you can attach the adapter to only the cabinet speaker and it works as it should. For some reason if you don't bridge the channels it won't produce any output.

0902191004 (resized).jpg0902191004 (resized).jpg

The HUGE benefit to this is you can now control the sub and head speakers separately. With the added adjustments to Spike 2 this is really nice.

If you can't tell... I'm soooo happy being new a member of this club!

#2610 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

If you can't tell... I'm soooo happy being new a member of this club!

So glad to hear all this, Jeff. Sounds like a keeper.

#2611 4 years ago

I love my new JP2, but it doesn’t make me scat-sing like my AS. “Shappa dabba doopow, buh shabba doo ba”

2 weeks later
#2612 4 years ago

I just added a powered subwoofer - awesome!

#2613 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I just added a powered subwoofer - awesome!

Your neighbors will be calling the police on you soon I bet and when they show up you'll be like WHAT?? I'm just playing pinball for God sakes.

#2614 4 years ago

I think any music theme pin is begging for a powered sub. I split my sub between AS and GB. It even helps GB a lot - you hear things you didn't notice before.

2 weeks later
#2615 4 years ago

What are the 3 holes (each side) for. I've never removed my goodie bag. So is the rubber plugs in there for laying head down. Forum needed a bump anyway. Thanks

20191005_112741 (resized).jpg20191005_112741 (resized).jpg
#2616 4 years ago

I believe this is the part that goes there.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-9910-01
My Aerosmith didn't have them either.

#2617 4 years ago

I can also say my asle doesn't have the rubber strips.

My imdnle next to it does though.

#2618 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I believe this is the part that goes there.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-9910-01
My Aerosmith didn't have them either.

Everyone must need them. Marco's out of stock. All my Stern game have them but Aerosmith.

#2619 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Everyone must need them. Marco's out of stock. All my Stern game have them but Aerosmith.

I'm guessing the factory was out of them too. Move along, keep the line moving, we have games to pump out if they are complete or not.

#2620 4 years ago

I really like this game. Been playing it a lot lately. The light show on this pin is one of the best I have seen!!!!

#2621 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I really like this game. Been playing it a lot lately. The light show on this pin is one of the best I have seen!!!!

Aerosmith is one of the best kept secrets in all of pinball! Great great game.

#2622 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

There you have it, From the West Coast to the East Coast

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Aerosmith is one of the best kept secrets in all of pinball! Great great game.

and parts in between think Aerosmith is great.

#2623 4 years ago

I concur with the great game comments. Just the right combination of flow and relatively simple rules. Wizard modes (at least the first one) are also reachable. Love in an MB elevator is a blast to try and advance floors.

#2624 4 years ago

Anyone have a Stern Aerosmith topper they want to sell? Should have bought one a few years ago, but didnt!

#2625 4 years ago

Aerosmith at MGM Park Theatre for ~50 shows in 2019. There are spectators on each side of the stage, and they have access to a private bar on the stage too... and 4 Aerosmith pinball machines set on free play. Thought it was cool.

AE Stage (resized).jpgAE Stage (resized).jpg
#2626 4 years ago

Love this pin

20190412_161015 (resized).jpg20190412_161015 (resized).jpg
#2627 4 years ago

It is Sweet Emotion

1 week later
#2628 4 years ago

Just picked up an Aerosmith Prem and trying to adjust the Tilt. Ive had the playfield up once, but wasnt really looking for plump bob at the time, then peered through the cash door and didnt see him in the usual spot. Has he been replaced and Tilt is in Service Menu?

Added over 4 years ago:

Found it...right where its suppossed to be...duhh

#2629 4 years ago

We love our Aerosmith pro. I'd like to turn the power down on the flippers though if possible. Also the toybox randomly chucks the balls out now and then. If I pull and push the toybox opto connectors it plays fine for about a week. Is there a more permanent fix? Thanks

#2630 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

We love our Aerosmith pro. I'd like to turn the power down on the flippers though if possible. Also the toybox randomly chucks the balls out now and then. If I pull and push the toybox opto connectors it plays fine for about a week. Is there a more permanent fix? Thanks

You've kind of answered your own question...
- Reflow the solder joints on your opto connectors (if they are not soldered, crimp the connectors tighter)
- Make sure the optos are clean, and adjusted as well as possible (facing directly at each other)

#2631 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

You've kind of answered your own question...
- Reflow the solder joints on your opto connectors (if they are not soldered, crimp the connectors tighter)
- Make sure the optos are clean, and adjusted as well as possible (facing directly at each other)

Thanks heaps for your advice. I don't have much experience with this stuff but can have a crack and learn.
How about adjusting the flipper power. Is that possible?

#2632 4 years ago

Has anyone ran into this problem. The ball when shot from the flipper in the upper playfield through the elevator hole gets caught on plastic before it makes it to the lower playfield:
stuck red (resized).jpgstuck red (resized).jpg

only happens 1 in like 30 times or so, but a real drag since you have to tip machine to the right and tilt it to release the ball.

#2633 4 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Has anyone ran into this problem. The ball when shot from the flipper in the upper playfield through the elevator hole gets caught on plastic before it makes it to the lower playfield:
[quoted image]
only happens 1 in like 30 times or so, but a real drag since you have to tip machine to the right and tilt it to release the ball.

For what it's worth, it has never happened on my premium in 2.5 years of ownership.

#2634 4 years ago

Mine has on my Pro stopped just short of falling into elevator maybe 10 time in 2500 games. I just bump pin forward with both palms and it falls in and gets ejected with no problem.

#2635 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Mine has on my Pro stopped just short of falling into elevator maybe 10 time in 2500 games. I just bump pin forward with both palms and it falls in and gets ejected with no problem.

Same here though though probably about every 10 or 20 games. There's just enough room behind the closed gate for a ball to sit on the edge of the hole without dropping in.

#2636 4 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

[quoted image]

Yes , It was happening on my premium mainly during multi ball. I got fed up with it and made a lexan shield to stop it being able to get onto that plastic. Has not happened since. I know took some photos of it , I will see if I can find them.

#2637 4 years ago
Quoted from c_mario:

Yes , It was happening on my premium mainly during multi ball. I got fed up with it and made a lexan shield to stop it being able to get onto that plastic. Has not happened since. I know took some photos of it , I will see if I can find them.

Please do, Id like to see your fix. I guess you had to take the upper playfield off?

#2638 4 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Please do, Id like to see your fix. I guess you had to take the upper playfield off?

Images show where ball got stuck. And shield I made attached to underside of upper playfield.

IMG_3680 (resized).JPGIMG_3680 (resized).JPGIMG_3681 (resized).JPGIMG_3681 (resized).JPG
#2639 4 years ago
Quoted from c_mario:

Images show where ball got stuck. And shield I made attached to underside of upper playfield.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work!! I took a bit of a different approach since I had about an hour to fix it before friends came over, I’ll post pics tomorrow. Thanks for the post...

#2640 4 years ago

I wasnt sure if the ball was getting stuck beside the hole or just in front of the hole, on the gate...kinda hard to tell with the upper playfield off. So I had a piece of molded plastic cut out from a battery package:

IMG_6635 (resized).JPGIMG_6635 (resized).JPG

Then with some heavy duty double-sided tape, I taped it on the gate:

IMG_6631 (resized).JPGIMG_6631 (resized).JPG

and on the plastic to the side of the hole:

IMG_6633 (resized).JPGIMG_6633 (resized).JPG

Then as the upper play field was put back in place, it slightly bent the molded plastic down, so when the ball goes to that area it bounces off of it into the slot in the play field and runs to the lock stitch/ejector. I had limited time, so its a quick fix, but so far after about 25 games it has been working like a charm.

The worse part of the whole job was to make sure you don't gouge the play field with the ramp bolts that run through the play field when removing, handling and reinserting the bolts through the play field. Otherwise, the job was completed in an hour.

#2641 4 years ago

Putting mine back together all dressed up in white powder coat.

20191031_163736 (resized).jpg20191031_163736 (resized).jpg
#2642 4 years ago

See the shooter lane protector that was installed on my AS by one of the previous owner. Anybody know where it comes from (i.e. where can I buy similar for my Met)?

AS - Shooter Lane Protector (resized).jpgAS - Shooter Lane Protector (resized).jpg
#2643 4 years ago
Quoted from RedFive:

See the shooter lane protector that was installed on my AS by one of the previous owner. Anybody know where it comes from (i.e. where can I buy similar for my Met)?[quoted image]

Looks like cliffy to me.

#2644 4 years ago
Quoted from RedFive:

See the shooter lane protector that was installed on my AS by one of the previous owner. Anybody know where it comes from (i.e. where can I buy similar for my Met)?[quoted image]

www.pinballlife.com/aerosmith.html

#2645 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Looks like cliffy to me.

Contacted him as I could not find it on his site.

Quoted from Spiderpin:

www.pinballlife.com/aerosmith.html

I saw that one. I meant the part on the part on the right.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2646 4 years ago
Quoted from RedFive:

I saw that one. I meant the part on the part on the right.

Still a Cliffy. He does the whole set. The eject one on the side is stock, but both sides flat are Cliffy. I've put them in a few of my games.

#2647 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Looks like cliffy to me.

Quoted from DaveH:

Still a Cliffy.

Correct. I got an answer from Cliff. He provided the direct link to the product. Note that the left part on the picture I posted above is also a Cliffy, but it is a Cliffy that is NOT for Aerosmith. It was... ''adjusted'' (not by Cliff or me) to that game. For info to all: Cliff makes protector sets that are fitted for Aerosmith Pro (http://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/Aerosmith-Pro-set.jpg) and Premium/LE (http://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/Aerosmith-Prem-set.jpg).

#2648 4 years ago

Just picked up an Aerosmith Pro tonight. My first Stern and loving it.

20191106_193027 (resized).jpg20191106_193027 (resized).jpg
#2649 4 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Just picked up an Aerosmith Pro tonight. My first Stern and loving it.[quoted image]

Congrats on your new game! You are seriously going to love it. It's such a fun game.

#2650 4 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Just picked up an Aerosmith Pro tonight. My first Stern and loving it.[quoted image]

Good choice. AS is very fun game.

After a pinball event tonight, mine heads off to storage for the holidays so we have space for family. The only good part is that I get to rearrange the lineup once a year. AS will probably end up in the basement game room at the end of this one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 19.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 12.75
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/53?hl=flippinjimmy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.