20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 82.
#2501 4 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Manual says a 3/8” rubber ring goes here. I don’t even have a post! Am I supposed to?!?[quoted image]

Yes. a plastic post, large one. Check the manual and it will tell you the correct one. I cannot post a photo for you right now.

#2502 4 years ago

Thanks. But manual doesn't tell squat about hardware like that. Just rubbers and assemblies. No map of posts nor fasteners nor such.

Finally found a photo on line, and it looks like there's supposed to be clear star post. I'm gonna put one in. (Unless I hear otherwise.) Thanks again.

#2503 4 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Thanks. But manual doesn't tell squat about hardware like that. Just rubbers and assemblies. No map of posts nor fasteners nor such.
Finally found a photo on line, and it looks like there's supposed to be clear star post. I'm gonna put one in. (Unless I hear otherwise.) Thanks again.

It shipped from the factory with a post. Did you buy NIB or used?

#2504 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

It shipped from the factory with a post. Did you buy NIB or used?

Used, but from a friend who bought her NIB. Perhaps he removed the post? (Gonna ask him -- only out of curiosity.) No big deal. It was just funny b/c I'm looking at the rubber chart and... huh?!?

Currently getting a parts order together. Putting off the order as long as I can b/c you KNOW as soon as I hit the "SUBMIT ORDER" button, I'll think of something else!

#2505 4 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Used, but from a friend who bought her NIB. Perhaps he removed the post? (Gonna ask him -- only out of curiosity.) No big deal. It was just funny b/c I'm looking at the rubber chart and... huh?!?
Currently getting a parts order together. Putting off the order as long as I can b/c you KNOW as soon as I hit the "SUBMIT ORDER" button, I'll think of something else!

Some people removed that post so that the ball could pass through in either direction for a little variety. I left it in.

#2506 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Some people removed that post so that the ball could pass through in either direction for a little variety. I left it in.

Yep this ^^^ some people say it makes the game more fun without that post. Ive never removed mine to see how it plays without it.

#2507 4 years ago

That's the post that always gets loosen in game play and gets checked whenever glass comes off. Check your coin box for that post, it may be stored there.

#2508 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I thought that might be the case. I'm gonna put one back in and see how it goes.

Quoted from Spiderpin:

That's the post that always gets loosen in game play and gets checked whenever glass comes off. Check your coin box for that post, it may be stored there.

Both are good thoughts, but nothing in coinbox. Thanks.

#2509 4 years ago

272628C9-9FE8-4E7C-AD63-548CF6C26C3E (resized).jpeg272628C9-9FE8-4E7C-AD63-548CF6C26C3E (resized).jpeg

#2510 4 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Manual says a 3/8” rubber ring goes here. I don’t even have a post! Am I supposed to?!?[quoted image]

Yes. From the factory there is a post there. It stops balls from escaping the pops to the side.

A lot of people remove them though.

#2511 4 years ago

Didn't realize there was a new page of responses.

Oops.

#2512 4 years ago

Oops

1559240720262328226895619940934 (resized).jpg1559240720262328226895619940934 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190530-093546 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190530-093546 (resized).png
#2514 4 years ago

Just got my used AS pin from Lermods today, and what a beautiful setup. The RGB interactive backbox mod he had installed is incredible. I didn't think I would really notice it but it's absolutely fantastic.

IMG_4299 (resized).jpgIMG_4299 (resized).jpg
#2515 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Just got my used AS pin from lermods today, and what a beautiful setup. The RGB interactive backbox mod he had installed is incredible. I didn't think I would really notice it but it's absolutely fantastic.[quoted image]

One of the most over looked and under rated games in pinball history. Congrats and welcome to the club!

#2516 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Just got my used AS pin from lermods today, and what a beautiful setup. The RGB interactive backbox mod he had installed is incredible. I didn't think I would really notice it but it's absolutely fantastic.[quoted image]

Excellent, enjoy the game, it is fantastic!

#2517 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

One of the most over looked and under rated games in pinball history. Congrats and welcome to the club!

It wasn't even on my radar and then I played a pro at a pinball league and loved it. Definitely underrated.

#2518 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It wasn't even on my radar and then I played a pro at a pinball league and loved it. Definitely underrated.

Its fantastic. Wait until you get to Medley tour multiball and hopefully the final tour wizard modes. The shots are hard to hit but once you get your aim down good they are smooth as butter and extremely satisfying. I seriously love this game.

#2519 4 years ago

It's way up on my like list as well. I like how clean and open the playfield is. A well placed shot is rewarded. Some pins are too jam packed with stuff for me. I guess the people that come up with the design want to give you more and more but sometimes less is better. I cut off my Ghostbusters Scoleri brothers 'cause I hate stuff popping up and blocking my shot.

#2520 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Those purple flipper lights look great, can you tell me what that mod is?

#2521 4 years ago
Quoted from Gopher4653:

Those purple flipper lights look great, can you tell me what that mod is?

That's our purple trough light. Lermods.com

#2522 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You can't go wrong with Lermods!

#2523 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I’ve been eyeballing IMDN Premium for almost a year now, but I still don’t know if I’d love it as much as AS.

#2524 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’ve been eyeballing IMDN Premium for almost a year now, but I still don’t know if I’d love it as much as AS.

IMDN Premium one of the best games ever made in my opinion. It's a better game than AS but thats certainly no knock on AS at all. IMDN is just exceptionally good. Maiden is a game that will no way ever leave my collection.

#2525 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yea IMDN is great I have the premium. It compliments this AS pro nicely. I know Zach at Flip N Out has an IMDN in stock new ready to ship if you’re looking.

#2526 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Is it plug and play, or do I need to buy anything else to make it work? Also do your speaker lights work with the square Aerosmith? Thank you.

#2527 4 years ago
Quoted from Gopher4653:

Is it plug and play, or do I need to buy anything else to make it work? Also do your speaker lights work with the square Aerosmith? Thank you.

Plug and play trough lights, nothing else to buy. We don’t offer speaker lights for spike games, other than GB, which are round.

#2528 4 years ago

I was storing my AS in the garage for a little bit due to space issues. However, I sold Tron over the long weekend. And AS went right into that spot. I’ve been playing it like crazy again. It’s just a great little game. I always have fun playing it.

The one thing I miss, the latest version of the software really cut down the calls on the stuff going into the toy box. For instance, the baseball bat. Now Jacky says baseball bat instead of “Hey batter batter” most of the time. And I hate editing sounds on Spike games. So if Strrn would change one thing, it’s use the fun calls more often. But of course, I’m playing the crap out of it, so I guess it isn’t that big a deal.

#2529 4 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

The design on these cards looks great. Any way to change "likes" to lites under Crank it Up?

Thanks! Doh, never noticed that. Will fix it and repost.

#2530 4 years ago

Is there a way to lower the volume on flippers and pops?

#2531 4 years ago

Having some trouble with toybox ball launch on my Pro. I know the toybox topic has been covered extensively within the forums however I can’t find anything specific to what I’m experiencing. The very first ball launch at the start of a game misses almost every time. After that, subsequent launches work at about 95%. Next game, same thing, first launch misses. From what I’ve read, the software monitors misses and supposedly makes coil power adjustments to compensate. This makes sense as most subsequent launches work fine however it would appear to me that the adjustments aren’t saved after the game. Anyone else experience this or have suggestions on a fix? I’ve already messed with the power settings without success. The default setting of 220 seems to be the best on my machine.

#2532 4 years ago
Quoted from TopJimmy:

Is there a way to lower the volume on flippers and pops?

Put the glass back on

#2533 4 years ago

Is it common for Elevator MB to dump the balls out of the toy box to?

#2534 4 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

I would think that it would have to do that if you didnt have enough balls in the ball trough. The balls have to come from somewhere so it is probably pulling them out of the toy box to use for elevator multiball.

#2535 4 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

Yes.

#2536 4 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

As Who-Dey said, yes, if there aren’t enough in the trough. AND, there is no ballsaver for the ones you didn’t earn, which is a really cool aspect of it. When you lose the ones you didn’t earn quickly, they don’t come back.

#2537 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

As Who-Dey said, yes, if there aren’t enough in the trough. AND, there is no ballsaver for the ones you didn’t earn, which is a really cool aspect of it. When you lose the ones you didn’t earn quickly, they don’t come back.

Yea not sure how that didn’t cross my mind. Only had it happen twice. But now that I know I load the box then start elevator mb. Still feels like cheating. You would think after you lock 4 balls it would deactivate elevator mb.

#2538 4 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

You would think after you lock 4 balls it would deactivate elevator mb.

That wouldn't be fair!

2 weeks later
#2539 4 years ago

Dude looks like a lady mode insert light is out. Lifted the PF, and noticed the light is attached a board with all the other lights, so no quick swap of a bulb. I've reseated all cables connected to the board and the light is still out. How do you fix this?

#2540 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Dude looks like a lady mode insert light is out. Lifted the PF, and noticed the light is attached a board with all the other lights, so no quick swap of a bulb. I've reseated all cables connected to the board and the light is still out. How do you fix this?

Is it attached to a larger board or just a small light board, sounds like former. Could be a loose wire on the connector for that board.

#2541 4 years ago

Weird question, I have been having issues with my toybox, it will randomly just dump any balls that are locked for no reason, now when ever a ball is locked, and it makes it in the box, the game makes a noise, like a buzzer, then flashes the spotlight that is focused on it, then it dumps the ball, it clearly sees the ball enter as it does not make that noise or flash the light, if it misses, so this tells me it can not be the Opto's. Stern tech support says bad opto. I went into service / Diag / switch test, and it works perfectly??? So? How does an Opto go bad in a 2 year old game? those should last for years?

Lift works fine, switches on the box lid is fine opens smoothly, I have re-loaded and re-downloaded the code, in case it got corrupt somehow. Same result, how can a switch test good repeadedly and sees the ball to trigger a dump and flash the lights?

Any ideas?

#2542 4 years ago
Quoted from Dang3rousDave:

Weird question, I have been having issues with my toybox, it will randomly just dump any balls that are locked for no reason, now when ever a ball is locked, and it makes it in the box, the game makes a noise, like a buzzer, then flashes the spotlight that is focused on it, then it dumps the ball, it clearly sees the ball enter as it does not make that noise or flash the light, if it misses, so this tells me it can not be the Opto's. Stern tech support says bad opto. I went into service / Diag / switch test, and it works perfectly??? So? How does an Opto go bad in a 2 year old game? those should last for years?
Lift works fine, switches on the box lid is fine opens smoothly, I have re-loaded and re-downloaded the code, in case it got corrupt somehow. Same result, how can a switch test good repeadedly and sees the ball to trigger a dump and flash the lights?
Any ideas?

Optos can be bad even when they are brand new, i got a new MET game with a flaky opto. It is probably easy to change and they are cheap so put a new one in and try it and see what happens.

#2543 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Optos can be bad even when they are brand new, i got a new MET game with a flaky opto. It is probably easy to change and they are cheap so put a new one in and try it and see what happens.

Correct. Brand new optos can be bad (or worse, marginal) right out of the package. They are cheap, and if Stern says that’s the issue, just replace it. When debugging with a company, you should almost always just do the thing they ask. If it’s correct, great, you’re done. If not, you move to the next step. But if you don’t do it, they will never work with you to get to the next step of a fix, you will be on your own.

#2544 4 years ago

Just got my first NiB and it was Aerosmith. Fun pin! Great art. Not sure if they all came like this but the box also had a signed or Initialed flyer. Pretty cool they put that in there

138BE62A-0182-4F6B-9559-496E70F32CAB (resized).jpeg138BE62A-0182-4F6B-9559-496E70F32CAB (resized).jpeg93F6ED23-CB18-4B86-86E3-CBCF63CDB405 (resized).jpeg93F6ED23-CB18-4B86-86E3-CBCF63CDB405 (resized).jpeg
#2545 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Just got my first NiB and it was Aerosmith. Fun pin! Great art. Not sure if they all came like this but the box also had a signed or Initialed flyer. Pretty cool they put that in there[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on the NIB. I hadn't heard anything about the included autographed flyers. As for the signatures, John Borg on top and Lonny Ropp on the bottom. I think maybe Danger is both of their middle names.

#2546 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Just got my first NiB and it was Aerosmith. Fun pin! Great art. Not sure if they all came like this but the box also had a signed or Initialed flyer. Pretty cool they put that in there[quoted image][quoted image]

The final production run was shipped with a signed flyer : https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10156885873779244

#2547 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

The final production run was shipped with a signed flyer : https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10156885873779244

Awesome, thank you!

#2548 4 years ago

Congrats on your new Aerosmith. It's a game that the more you play the more you like. Try each song at factory settings (50 seconds I think) but reduce the "easier" songs to 40 seconds or so makes it easier to reach final tour. AS is my favorite so far( but my quest is not over.)

#2549 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

That’s awesome. I also got a comic book and a signed lithograph with my IMDN premium I just got. Wasn’t expecting it and found it taped on the very back of the pin, which was a pleasant surprise. Love my AS pin and I never get tired of playing it. Great pickup!

#2550 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Congrats on your new Aerosmith. It's a game that the more you play the more you like. Try each song at factory settings (50 seconds I think) but reduce the "easier" songs to 40 seconds or so makes it easier to reach final tour. AS is my favorite so far( but my quest is not over.)

Very good to know, I’ll change that now. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 12.75
6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/51?hl=gopher4653 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.