20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 82.
#2451 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

But doesn’t this just butcher the modes all to hell?

It could work if you make medleys out of the main mode songs.

Example all the game songs are full length, say after the first 3 minutes of the modes song(long ball time)it transitions into a bonus song. Rats in the cellar into mama kin or last child into train kept a rollin etc... Maybe even bring it back to the original song. If done professionally, it may sound great.

#2452 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

But doesn’t this just butcher the modes all to hell?

If the songs don’t fit well, there can be a jarring transition as the song gets restarted . I think of it as a flipping jukebox.m, but also worked with the guy to picks songs that would sort of fit the theme. Obviously, they fit fit perfectly bit I found it to be enjoyable. I’ll try to stream some more of it to highlight what it’s like.

#2453 5 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

If the songs don’t fit well, there can be a jarring transition as the song gets restarted . I think of it as a flipping jukebox.m, but also worked with the guy to picks songs that would sort of fit the theme. Obviously, they fit fit perfectly bit I found it to be enjoyable. I’ll try to stream some more of it to highlight what it’s like.

So from the sounds of it you used music other than Aerosmith? Never was a fan of doing that sort of thing.

#2454 5 years ago

Has anyone else had issues with the plunger lane rail side cliffy sliding around? I emailed Cliff to ask for advice. He has new designs now for wood and metal rails. The one for metal rails extends up to the next scew hole. A big improvement. The one for wood has a small sharp spike that will dig into the wood a bit to hold the top half in place better. I recommend the new version.

20190416_193622 (resized).jpg20190416_193622 (resized).jpg20190416_194316 (resized).jpg20190416_194316 (resized).jpg
#2455 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Has anyone else had issues with the plunger lane rail side cliffy sliding around? I emailed Cliff to ask for advice. He has new designs now for wood and metal rails. The one for metal rails extends up to the next scew hole. A big improvement. The one for wood has a small sharp spike that will dig into the wood a bit to hold the top half in place better. I recommend the new version.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, my original moves all the time. I put some regular double-sided tape on both sides of the cliffy and it stays in place much better. Only need to reset it every 6 months or so.

#2456 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So from the sounds of it you used music other than Aerosmith? Never was a fan of doing that sort of thing.

I did. I love Aerosmith, but I have been known to move on from games very quickly. I don’t want it to get old, so I swap the SD card every few weeks to just have something different.

#2457 5 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

I bought a pinball mix. Guy does the work and puts the songs u want in it. 150-250 price range for the work but a nice way to rejuvenate the game

Thanks Habermania . If you have any info on who did the work for you, let me know!

#2458 5 years ago

Really loving owning this game, but can’t break past 260M... and that game I completed elevator and got 72M and don’t know why. Any other way to get points other than wizard?

#2459 5 years ago
Quoted from Gopher4653:

Really loving owning this game, but can’t break past 260M... and that game I completed elevator and got 72M and don’t know why. Any other way to get points other than wizard?

I'm no tournament player, but I've found loading the toybox to the max is key. You can get HUGE multi ball scores from Toys if you load up six balls to play with...

#2460 5 years ago

Try to get 6 ball multiball together with same old song and dance (with almost full timer). A decent to good MB should get you at around 200M.
Don't forget your add a ball at the scoop if available and reserve your smart missile to get the shot between the bumpers if needed (somethimes the shot is already completed due to balls bouncing back up from the bumpers) so you can complete the MB.
Place at least a multiplyer on the lock saucer.

#2461 5 years ago
Quoted from JoachimR:

Try to get 6 ball multiball together with same old song and dance (with almost full timer). A decent to good MB should get you at around 200M.
Don't forget your add a ball at the scoop if available and reserve your smart missile to get the shot between the bumpers if needed (somethimes the shot is already completed due to balls bouncing back up from the bumpers) so you can complete the MB.
Place at least a multiplyer on the lock saucer.

With the latest code. SOSAD isn't anywhere near as valuable as it was. A bigger scoring opportunity is taking Rats into a 6 ball MB

#2462 5 years ago
Quoted from jfrazie:

Thanks thegeekyhusband . If you have any info on who did the work for you, let me know!

pinballmixATgmail - Guy’s name is Mark.

#2463 5 years ago

Awesome, thank you for the tips. Need to knock a 14 year old off the board. Will focus on 6 ball.

#2464 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

With the latest code. SOSAD isn't anywhere near as valuable as it was. A bigger scoring opportunity is taking Rats into a 6 ball MB

I have the latest code on mine
You are right that it gives less points now, but I still seem to get the most out af that mode during MB compared to the others.

#2465 5 years ago

Here are my thoughts regarding strategy (on a Pro), and order to play songs based on maximising score efficiently.

At the start of EVERY ball, short plunge to right flipper trap and go for the super skill shot, which will be one of scoop, left loop or centre ramp. This awards 2 Smart missiles, which will greatly increase your prospects later on.

I start with Sweet Emotion, but don’t necessarily attempt to finish it in one go, instead focusing on lighting locks for Toy Box.
The ideal scenario is to finish SE at the scoop with 5 out of 6 balls locked. If that means having to play SE twice, so be it. (If you’ve drained without completing SE, your chances of getting to Medley are already looking poor, so you need to find a different way to maximise pts.)
By finishing SE at the scoop, not only does it award Super Scoring, but also starts the next mode.

Assuming your now near Toy Box, choose Rats in the Cellar, and take the CIU award as soon as possible (which adds another lit shot) then start your MB. Rats should complete itself with any decent MB. This will award Super Spinner.

During Toy Box, but especially at the start focus on locking away a couple of balls, not only does it increase the playfield scoring, but when the balls are released a ball save is awarded, it isn’t uncommon to have this ball save add into the original starting ball save, along with the add a ball ball save, allowing you to focus on hitting shots – no need to trap up for over a minute.

After Toy Box I choose Last Child, one of the reasons being it forces you to shoot some loops which you need progress towards Elevator MB, Super spinner should also be lit from completing Rats. On starting LC, the loops and ramps will be lit. Once you hit a ramp it will go out, but the loops stay lit throughout the mode. I usually try and pick off the ramps, then hit the CIU, which will light all of the shots for progress. BEWARE, once you have lit all the shots hitting either loop will turn them off – focus on the non-loop shots. You need to finish with at least 1 loop to complete.

Following LC I will take Back in the Saddle, because super loops will be lit, as well as super spinner if you haven’t collected all the benefit yet. I don’t focus on completing BITS at all, rather try and start Elevator MB. The reasoning is twofold. 1) it’s a dangerous feed from the pops having hit the right loop, and 2) it is the easiest mode to complete in Medley – by just plunging to the pops and letting the balls drain in the initial ball save.
During Elevator I focus on hitting the elevator, as there is a better than 50% chance that it is lit. Depending on progress made, will depend on whether I try and replay Elevator at all, or complete it during Medley.

Next is Same Old Song and Dance, It is simply not worth as much as it used to be, so need not be the default song of choice at starting. The most important thing during SOSAD is to hit the CIU as soon as possible as it means every major shot you hit will award 2 petals instead of 1, along with the stand-ups being lit. This should be a relatively easy song to complete. It awards super targets, as well as a shot multiplier. I look to have this active on the centre ramp.

Next is Walk this Way, hopefully you’ve got the shot multiplier on at least one of the ramps. I’ll shoot one of the ramps and then shoot for CIU. This will relight both ramps (rather than having to alternate them) along with all of the other shots. Like LC and loops, you’ll have to finish on a ramp.

Now it’s decision time. Depending on how many of the songs I’ve completed depends on whether I start Dude, or replay a song. By completing songs, not only does it make Medley easier to complete, it also means more points are awarded for song completion.
10mil for 1 song, 30mil (10+20) for 2 songs, 60mil for 3, 100mil for 4, etc.
If have completed 4 or 5 songs, I’ll restart a song I haven’t completed as it will effectively be worth 50 or 60 mil when Medley starts.
Another thing to take into consideration is how many shot multipliers you have active. If you don’t have many it may be worth starting a Toy Box MB and focus on lighting them from the stand-ups, which also lights the mystery award (which can be stacked), as you’re really not very far from Final Tour, where the shot multipliers can make or break your final score.

Dude Looks Like a Lady is another mode where the CIU really improves the chances of you finishing it by allowing each in-lane and scoop to award a petal. This is then reactivated once all 4 have been hit once. (In essence ramps are worth 2 petals as they feed to the in-lanes).
Once you have started all songs, whether you have finished them or not, the scoop is lit for Medley and you can’t reattempt the songs in the normal way – hence a decision needs to be made before starting Dude.

Usually by this point I only have Elevator and BITS to complete, which is easily achieved during the ball save period of Medley.

Which means that Final Tour is ready to go.

There are 3 colour phases to Final Tour, Yellow, Orange and Red.
During the Yellow phase all shots remain lit after you hit them, once you have the required amount you move onto the next stage, which awards an add-a-ball and ball save, after that it’s on to the red (with a starting AAB & ball save) in this mode once you hit a shot it turns out, once all are hit the Super Jackpot is lit at the scoop.
I mentioned Smart Missiles right at the very start – Final Tour Red Phase is what I have been saving them up for. During the red phase I’ll pick off the easy shots (toy box, scoop, centre ramp, lock) then trap a ball on the right flipper and spam the action button to pick of the last of the shots and then hit the scoop.
The only other time I consider using the smart missiles is nearing completion of Toy Box MB, if there’s a shot I’m bricking constantly, or if there is just a single shot left of a song as I drain. Smart missiles can be extremely valuable – don’t waste them.

This strategy generally scores in the region of 1.6Bil and 1.8Bil by the time you play/complete Final Tour.
It also maximises scoring on short games by playing Sweet Emotion and Rats early with Toy Box MB.

#2466 5 years ago

WJxxxx - that is phenomenal! Thank you so much! I’ll report back! Thanks for all the time you took!

#2467 5 years ago

I have on many occasions have got 3 Smart Missiles on one ball. Do short plunge as WJxxxx stated above, as soon as you get 2 smart missiles if ball save is still lit let ball drain and plunge (before auto plunger) to shoot hidden shot. It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen.

#2468 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I have on many occasions have got 3 Smart Missiles on one ball. Do short plunge as WJxxxx stated above, as soon as you get 2 smart missiles if ball save is still lit let ball drain and plunge (before auto plunger) to shoot hidden shot. It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen.

Cheater!

#2469 5 years ago

Sounds like we have a winner. Lol

#2470 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

You can also sometimes get the 3rd Smart Missile with a plunge to the lock, once you have locked a ball yourself - although I don't know what the trigger is whether you get it or not.

#2471 5 years ago

I decided to try and film a tutorial to show my strategy, the results are here:

with pt 2 here:

Best watched on a phone or tablet

#2472 5 years ago

Watched it all on phone. That was, well phenomenal. Now I know for sure I sux. But everyone that comes over say they can't beat me. But I still sux

#2473 5 years ago

Routed Aerosmith occasionally not booting--i.e., bill changer lights comes on but nothing else. Then a few minutes later or a day later it works. I have reseated all connectors in the backbox, but with no change. It still boots 95% of the time, but not every time. Any ideas?

#2474 5 years ago

I finally got to the final tour and beat it. Man what a great feeling that was and what a great game this is. I don't think my score was anything spectacular but at least i got to see all of the modes. Game seemed like it lasted forever lol.
20190419_123953 (resized).jpeg20190419_123953 (resized).jpeg

#2475 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I finally got to the final tour and beat it. Man what a great feeling that was and what a great game this is. I don't think my score was anything spectacular but at least i got to see all of the modes. Game seemed like it lasted forever lol.
[quoted image]

Did you decrease the song lengths in settings, or keep them default?

#2476 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

[quoted image]

Did you set it at 3° and take glass off? Inquiring mine's want need to know. Just joking, I know it had to be a BLAST.

#2477 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Did you set it at 3° and take glass off? Inquiring mine's want need to know. Just joking, I know it had to be a BLAST.

Lol no the glass wasn't off and everything is at default settings and the outposts are at factory setting also. This was literally the best game of pinball that i have ever played in my life and I can say that with 100% certainty. I will never have another game like that ever and i am 99.9% sure of that.

I am an average player or maybe a little above average but i just don't blow games up like i did this one here. My previous high score was like 355 million.

#2478 5 years ago

What are the 2 symbols on each side of the screen for? ( The Tiki guy, die, coin, Music symbol)

#2479 5 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

What are the 2 symbols on each side of the screen for? ( The Tiki guy, die, coin, Music symbol)

Playing a mode through to completion awards a specific super mode tied to that mode. When playing a mode you earn “coins” based on how well you play a mode. More shots made as combos and to flashing arrows earn you more coins, and I believe shots made after you Crank it Up are also worth more coins than shots without using CIU. Your coins are ‘cashed in’ at the completion of a mode toward the base value of your super mode.

Extra ball is achieved by starting 3 modes. The other way to get an extra ball is by shooting unlit shots. If you look on the screen there’s a stone looking border. On the left side of the border you will see a Jacky face with a number. That number goes down when you hit different unlit shots. On the right you have coin and notes count.

Border contains spinner spins till next level (cheese icon), Find Jacky extra ball status (clown icon), coins (coin icon)

Cheese is spinner spins for next spinner level, notes are bumper hits for next bumper level.
Toybox is shots left to light extra ball for finding Jacky. You’ll see Jacky play a little animation on the screen after hitting certain shots on the playfield (unlit ones only?)

#2480 5 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Routed Aerosmith occasionally not booting--i.e., bill changer lights comes on but nothing else. Then a few minutes later or a day later it works. I have reseated all connectors in the backbox, but with no change. It still boots 95% of the time, but not every time. Any ideas?

bump

#2481 5 years ago

Have you applied the service bulletins for the node boards? (Wild guess)

#2482 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Have you applied the service bulletins for the node boards? (Wild guess)

I appreciate the reply very much, but I'm not quite sure what it means, in that I am not aware of any service bulletins for the node boards. I have checked all node board cabling and connections and they are secure, and in test mode there are no node board errors.

#2483 5 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

I appreciate the reply very much, but I'm not quite sure what it means, in that I am not aware of any service bulletins for the node boards. I have checked all node board cabling and connections and they are secure, and in test mode there are no node board errors.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7060-00
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=+502-7059-00

See the link on those pages for the service bulletin - check to see if those capacitors are installed. If not, order them and do it anyway. Might not be the problem, but could be a future problem without them.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB189.pdf
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Stern-ShakerMotorAdvisory.pdf
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB190revB.pdf

#2484 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Quoted from JOESCHALL:I appreciate the reply very much, but I'm not quite sure what it means, in that I am not aware of any service bulletins for the node boards. I have checked all node board cabling and connections and they are secure, and in test mode there are no node board errors.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7060-00
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=+502-7059-00
See the link on those pages for the service bulletin - check to see if those capacitors are installed. If not, order them and do it anyway. Might not be the problem, but could be a future problem without them.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB189.pdf
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Stern-ShakerMotorAdvisory.pdf
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB190revB.pdf

Ah. Thanks so much, KingBW!

#2485 4 years ago

I just adjusted my right flipper (again) . This game is much more enjoyable as long as you can right cradle and make the right ramp 70% of the time or so. If you can't, adjust the right flipper in small increments and test with the glass off. In general raising the flipper gives you more strength and control as long as you don't go too far then it's difficult to right flip to the left scoop.

#2486 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I just adjusted my right flipper (again) . This game is much more enjoyable as long as you can right cradle and make the right ramp 70% of the time or so. If you can't, adjust the right flipper in small increments and test with the glass off. In general raising the flipper gives you more strength and control as long as you don't go too far then it's difficult to right flip to the left scoop.

The right ramp is definitely a hard shot to hit. It has to be a precision shot or it isn’t going in. Borg is good at making shots tough to hit like that.

#2487 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I just adjusted my right flipper (again) . This game is much more enjoyable as long as you can right cradle and make the right ramp 70% of the time.

Do you have a Pro I am guessing? I have an LE so not sure if would apply to me, but it has me curious.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
2 weeks later
#2488 4 years ago

The OCD part of me has never liked the pricing card as my game is at home and permanently on freeplay. So I decided to make a new set for both sides.

Thought I'd put them up here in case anyone wants to use them.

They are for the Pro edition (If that makes any difference) and based on the original text, so I'm guessing some may have changed with code updates. The overall page size is A4.

Aerosmithcard-100.pdfAerosmithcard-100.pdf
1 week later
#2489 4 years ago

Joining the club. Hopefully STI doesn’t take too long getting it here.

#2490 4 years ago

Greetings All,

Brand new Pinballer' here, just got my first Pin and was drawn to Aerosmith, Curious is there an old code repository of all of the releases? Also for those advance audio types, I have a few questions, and this is an odd use situation, I have the pin in a Studio mix-down room, I have the adapter to get a "line out" from the pin to send over into the studio mix, to that I can have a full sound field to play in, is it me or is the quality of the audio sub par? For anyone that has it attached to a home audio system or something similar?

Still trying to get the feel of the game but am absolutely in love with this new hobby and fulfill a lifetime dream of starting a collection!

#2491 4 years ago
Quoted from StormyX73:

The OCD part of me has never liked the pricing card as my game is at home and permanently on freeplay. So I decided to make a new set for both sides.
Thought I'd put them up here in case anyone wants to use them.
They are for the Pro edition (If that makes any difference) and based on the original text, so I'm guessing some may have changed with code updates. The overall page size is A4.

The design on these cards looks great. Any way to change "likes" to lites under Crank it Up?

#2492 4 years ago

Good pin

#2493 4 years ago

Dang3rousDave -- Welcome to pinball, Pinside, and Aerosmith!

I don't know where previous code releases can be had, and I don't know why you would want them.

I've not tried a line out of a machine as yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not studio quality like you're accustomed to dealing with.

I've not been much help, I know. But didn't want you to think you're being ignored. Most folks here on Pinside are pretty friendly.

#2494 4 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

The design on these cards looks great. Any way to change "likes" to lites under Crank it Up?

Great Catch, I didn't even notice. Cards do look grate.

#2495 4 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

dang3rousdave -- Welcome to pinball, Pinside, and Aerosmith!
I don't know where previous code releases can be had, and I don't know why you would want them.
I've not tried a line out of a machine as yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not studio quality like you're accustomed to dealing with.
I've not been much help, I know. But didn't want you to think you're being ignored. Most folks here on Pinside are pretty friendly.

Appreciate you reaching out, and thanks for the warm welcome! I was never expecting studio quality, but since it is running a linux based system I expected the same baseline quality that one might find in a cellular phone or the like, On the same thought, these now have HDMI out so that might be an interesting work around. Has anyone used this for an additional display? I assume it mirrors the LCD Backboard display. I guess I can only hope an Audiophile might stumble across this post...

Thanks again for the Welcome!

#2496 4 years ago
Quoted from Dang3rousDave:

Appreciate you reaching out, and thanks for the warm welcome! I was never expecting studio quality, but since it is running a linux based system I expected the same baseline quality that one might find in a cellular phone or the like, On the same thought, these now have HDMI out so that might be an interesting work around. Has anyone used this for an additional display? I assume it mirrors the LCD Backboard display. I guess I can only hope an Audiophile might stumble across this post...
Thanks again for the Welcome!

This might be the best that you can do:

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=48

#2497 4 years ago

Exactly what I have, I think the source material is not great very sad you would cut that corner

#2498 4 years ago

Gotta luv comet matrix

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2499 4 years ago

A new buddy for my one year old aero pro

20190505_163023 (resized).jpg20190505_163023 (resized).jpg
#2500 4 years ago

Manual says a 3/8” rubber ring goes here. I don’t even have a post! Am I supposed to?!?

4343B646-B3C1-43C1-94D0-98923D56726B (resized).jpeg4343B646-B3C1-43C1-94D0-98923D56726B (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.