Topic Stats

• 2,653 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by WhiskeyTango
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 413 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

74A19525-1815-4680-B3E9-11344EA28E1D (resized).jpeg
B15E68F6-F81D-4389-A635-6740D5FCFDE0 (resized).jpeg
20191106_193027 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
AS - Shooter Lane Protector (resized).jpg
20191031_163736 (resized).jpg
IMG_6633 (resized).JPG
IMG_6631 (resized).JPG
IMG_6635 (resized).JPG
IMG_3680 (resized).JPG
IMG_3681 (resized).JPG
stuck red (resized).jpg
20190412_161015 (resized).jpg
AE Stage (resized).jpg
20191005_112741 (resized).jpg
0902191004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2653 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 54.
#201 2 years ago
Quoted from SamIam:

How many balls are we playing for these scores? I have mine set for 5 balls. All my top scores scores over 212million, had one hot game almost 300M like 293,xxx,xxx. Got the medley tour multiball once (starting all song modes) Does anyone know how to complete toys or elevator modes? I've never been able to do that, so I doubt I'll ever get to the final tour.

3 Ball, i don't make any of my games 5 ball.

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

3 Ball, i don't make any of my games 5 ball.

5 Ball is training wheels for the real world. I had a friend I got into pinball that started on 10 ball GoT (and was terrible), then worked up to 5, and finally made it to 3 ball and has scored a billion on it. Practice makes perfect.

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I'm in....almost walked away...but I'm back in the saddle again cuz this game rocks!!!!

You won't be sorry. AS is awesome!

#204 2 years ago

Has anyone had the thing where the game will suddenly dump all the balls out of the toybox when it's not in a multiball mode? I've had this happen twice now, but I'm not sure what's causing it to happen.

#205 2 years ago

Well, yet again I'm purchasing anpin SOLEY on Pinside feedback. I have never play let alone seen AS and I have a pro coming next week

Honestly, this concept has really never lead me wrong. Hopefully this pans out too. Simply a friend of mine who I've done a few deals with texts me the other day and asks me if I want his. Hard to say no!

I'll post more next week when I get my Pro and will be looking for some info on code. On that line of bought, the Pavo England posts were pretty helpful. Is there a rule sheet somewhere I can review?

#206 2 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Well, yet again I'm purchasing anpin SOLEY on Pinside feedback. I have never play let alone seen AS and I have a pro coming next week
Honestly, this concept has really never lead me wrong. Hopefully this pans out too. Simply a friend of mine who I've done a few deals with texts me the other day and asks me if I want his. Hard to say no!
I'll post more next week when I get my Pro and will be looking for some info on code. On that line of bought, the Pavo England posts were pretty helpful. Is there a rule sheet somewhere I can review?

It's a F ing GREAT GAME!

#207 2 years ago

Anyone replace the bottom speaker with a new sub yet? If so, what did you use and/or where did you get it? Thanks!

#208 2 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

You are not going to be disappointed and you made a great choice because AS is a freakin blast! I think there is a rule sheet on the Tilt forums. There are also some YouTube tutorials I believe. Congrats on your new pin!

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

Anyone replace the bottom speaker with a new sub yet? If so, what did you use and/or where did you get it? Thanks!

I replaced all 3 speakers with the Flipper Fidelity Spike 2 set.

http://flipperfidelity.com/sound/stern-spike-speaker-system-with-10-high-output-woofer.html

That's the 10" sub one, there's also an 8" sub version.

Sound is incredible! Well worth the upgrade.

#210 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I replaced all 3 speakers with the Flipper Fidelity Spike 2 set.
http://flipperfidelity.com/sound/stern-spike-speaker-system-with-10-high-output-woofer.html
That's the 10" sub one, there's also an 8" sub version.
Sound is incredible! Well worth the upgrade.

I read in their product description that thir kit will wire the speakers in parallel. Might have to pass on that.

#211 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I read in their product description that thir kit will wire the speakers in parallel. Might have to pass on that.

Why is that a bad thing? i don't know much about speaker upgrades.

#212 2 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

Why is that a bad thing? i don't know much about speaker upgrades.

It's not necessarily bad, but you do change the game from stereo to mono. I think I would prefer to stay in stereo, but I also know with cabinet speakers the difference shouldn't be too dramatic.

#213 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

You can buy just the sub from them.

TBH I didn't realize the backbox speakers were wired in parallel. There was such an improvement I had no reason to question it I guess. Why would they do that (obviously something to do with Ohm's as per the description)?

And does Stereo make that much difference on the original setup? I never noticed it.

#214 2 years ago

Yeah, might do that as far as the sub goes. I think you're right, they did it to match their speakers to the amp. It might not be a big deal as the cabinet doesn't really provide great stereo seperatiom to begin with.

#215 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Yeah, might do that as far as the sub goes. I think you're right, they did it to match their speakers to the amp. It might not be a big deal as the cabinet doesn't really provide great stereo seperatiom to begin with.

Just FYI, had confirmation back from FF that the speakers are in fact wired for stereo, but the website description is wrong. (If you look at the description for the other speakers its the same identical wording for the older mono setups).

To quote: "The wiring for a a spike machine is not in parallel. Each channel has discrete wiring to each back box speaker."

They're updating the website ASAP.

#216 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just FYI, had confirmation back from FF that the speakers are in fact wired for stereo, but the website description is wrong. (If you look at the description for the other speakers its the same identical wording for the older mono setups).
To quote: "The wiring for a a spike machine is not in parallel. Each channel has discrete wiring to each back box speaker."
They're updating the website ASAP.

Oh awesome! Glad to hear it! I'll think I'll go ahead and go for it then.

#217 2 years ago

Where is every buying their leg bolt spacers? I checked pinball life and never found any in color or clear.

#218 2 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Where is every buying their leg bolt spacers? I checked pinball life and never found any in color or clear.

Ace hardware.

#219 2 years ago

What's everyone's scoring strategy? I tend to start with back in the saddle, followed by Dude looks like a lady to set up passive scoring at the pops and the lanes, and bring in walk this way once I have shot doublers lit, and then switch to sweet emotion for toy box once I have 5 locked and the sixth lit. I'm averaging around 200m a game with the occasional 300 and 400m.

Anyone have a more successful progression path?

#220 2 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

What's everyone's scoring strategy? I tend to start with back in the saddle, followed by Dude looks like a lady to set up passive scoring at the pops and the lanes, and bring in walk this way once I have shot doublers lit, and then switch to sweet emotion for toy box once I have 5 locked and the sixth lit. I'm averaging around 200m a game with the occasional 300 and 400m.
Anyone have a more successful progression path?

From the beginning:
- Start Walk This Way. Finish it for Super Ramps
- Shoot scoop. Select Last Child. Finish it for Super orbits
- Lock 4-5 balls
- Start Elevator MB to get rewarded with a 4 or 5 ball Elevator MB instead of the usual 3
- Shoot scoop - Select Sweet Emotion
- Start Toybox Multi-Ball
- Shoot ramps and orbits to collect all super shots
- Never let auto-plunge engage, always short plunge to avoid SDTM or straight down the right outlane when the ball gets shot out of the pops.

#221 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

From the beginning:
- Lock 4-5 balls
- Start Elevator MB to get rewarded with a 4 or 5 ball Elevator MB instead of the usual 3
- Never let auto-plunge engage, always short plunge to avoid SDTM or straight down the right outlane when the ball gets shot out of the pops.

If you finish Rats in the Cellar and Last Child you have Super Spinner and Super Orbits, so one shot to the right orbit gives you double supers.

#222 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

From the beginning:
- Lock 4-5 balls

Excellent strategy.

Gotta be thinking of X build ups as well.

1 week later
#223 2 years ago

Aerosmith LE #63 in the house
Loving this game - it is AWESOME

20170615_160452 (resized).jpg

#224 2 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Congrats on your new game and yes it is.definitely an awesome game! Enjoy....

#225 2 years ago

Any nice custom rule cards yet?

#228 2 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Congrats! You and I will have the same collection with POTC, IM, AS, SM and SW coming. Great taste!

#229 2 years ago

Officially joined the club today, fun game and definitely has that I have to play one more thing going for it and before you know you just logged 20 games, lol!

IMG_3458 (resized).JPG

#230 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Officially joined the club today, fun game and definitely has that I have to play one more thing going for it and before you know you just logged 20 games, lol!

Looks sweet dude.......congrats!

#231 2 years ago

Pro is in the house! So far really enjoying it although not really sure what I'm doing.

Played 5-6 games flawlessly and then a bunch of switches don't work...pops, the standups in front of pops and the lock hole. Haven't troubleshot that yet but guess and hoping it is simply a loose connection due to the move. Doubt anything major as it played well at first.

Sound is great on this thing with stock speakers. and the song selection is excellent.

Here's to learning more on this pin.

IMG_1627 (resized).JPG

#232 2 years ago

Phantom switch issue resolved itself I guess. Proceeded to put up a score of 155million which I was pretty stoked about. Completed 4 songs and had a couple more blinking. Very fun.

#233 2 years ago

GOT looks like its giving AS the evil eye.

#234 2 years ago

In the Club !

image (resized).jpg

#235 2 years ago

Im soon in da club.
Does anybody feel that AS pro gets old fast?

#236 2 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Im soon in da club.

Hell no it doesn't. It's as F'ING awesome now as it was the day I got it and it will never leave my collection.

#237 2 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Im soon in da club.

I like it a lot but i would like an Update on code for the Smart button cause it's not doing much in the game
and i would like to get another multiball in there...Something like a 2 ball multiball for completing something
just to give players a little push to get closer to the Mini wizard or wizard. (My 2 cents)

It is not TWD or Metallica or Acdc but already a good game.

image (resized).jpg

#238 2 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

I like it a lot but i would like an Update on code for the Smart button cause it's not doing much in the game
and i would like to get another multiball in there...Something like a 2 ball multiball for completing something
just to give players a little push to get closer to the Mini wizard or wizard. (My 2 cents)

The mini wizard mode is tough to achieve but it's pretty cool once you get there!

#239 2 years ago

I had a new metallica. It sucked at the beginning. After the big softwareupdate with more modes and songs. The pin got awesome.

#240 2 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Agreed, game doesn't get old but code update could really make it great.

I was thinking same thing, smart button doesn't do much and some other kind of multiball would be cool. The elevator multiball is definitely tough to get.

Could even add some hidden music tracks that you could play to if you complete the super ramps or super pops.

There is quite a bit they could do if they wanted

#241 2 years ago

Is stern working on a code update?

#242 2 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Is stern working on a code update?

I'm sure the game will probably get a code update eventually but I wouldn't expect it to be anything huge. I think the code is pretty complete already. If it does get any better though, it's going to be off the charts good!

#243 2 years ago

I hope so
Gettin my as pro tommorrow.

Its falling of the charts though last week top 21. This week top 24. Maby top 30 next week

#244 2 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

I hope so
Gettin my as pro tommorrow.
Its falling of the charts though last week top 21. This week top 24. Maby top 30 next week

Don't even pay any attention to that Den. AS Pro is an amazing game and the more you play it and start to understand it, the more you will like it. My AS Pro will never leave my collection ever.

#245 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Don't even pay any attention to that Den. AS Pro is an amazing game and the more you play it and start to understand it, the more you will like it. My AS Pro will never leave my collection ever.

It's a great game! I was going pro but distributor only had Prem! Hmm what do I do!! Already having a Met, thought about it for a min and decided to go Prem. Upper PF offered greater variation between the two.

IMG_0288 (resized).JPG

#246 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

It's a great game! I was going pro but distributor only had Prem! Hmm what do I do!! Already having a Met, thought about it for a min and decided to go Prem. Upper PF offered greater variation between the two.

The Premium is great also in AS. Both models are fantastic. Its a winn win for everyone, people on a budget and people who can afford the extra both. AS is a winner all the way around.

#247 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

The extra scoring abilities with the Premium definitely make it a good choice over AS Pro.

#248 2 years ago

Always the same comments between premium owner / pro
For my part the pro with the stainless ramp and all cliffy versus difference of value of premium I can live with that and I love this game and I don't have complex with my pro

#249 2 years ago

Really anxious to get my AS Pro! I have a deal worked out for one, but I can't go get it until I'm home from our Germany vacation. I am enjoying the bier and brats and fräuleins, but dammit I'm ready to play my AS!

#250 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Really anxious to get my AS Pro! I have a deal worked out for one, but I can't go get it until I'm home from our Germany vacation. I am enjoying the bier and brats and fräuleins, but dammit I'm ready to play my AS!

Just drink a bunch of that good German beer and it'll help ease the pain!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
New Albany, IN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
There are 2653 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 54.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside