Topic Stats

• 2,484 posts
  • 255 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 381 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190419_123953 (resized).jpeg
20190416_194316 (resized).jpg
20190416_193622 (resized).jpg
20190407_194121 (resized).jpg
20190318_201608.png
20190318_201234.png
2F2E97C9-5FF3-4720-9AFA-7494ADE5B846 (resized).jpeg
880AC633-8F2F-4B43-A488-58CBDFB5D4C6 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0038 (resized).jpg
75B38345-3E2B-436A-81A1-83114B3F8D9B (resized).jpeg
20190125_174947 (resized).jpg
20190125_174959 (resized).jpg
Hole Centered (resized).jpg
Back (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2484 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 50.
#2401 45 days ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Yep, I posted about this same things about 3 months ago.

And what happened? Did Stern help?

#2402 45 days ago
Quoted from Thegeekyhusband:

And what happened? Did Stern help?

they did, they sent out a new board and charged my friend $300ish??? (cant remember the amount). that fixed it.

#2403 45 days ago

Left scoop is not always giving the lit award that it should. Sometimes it has to be hit several times before the award is given. Checked all connectors on the node board underneath and they're all seated. Tech alert shows no node board problems. Anyone else having this same issue or have any ideas?

#2404 45 days ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Left scoop is not always giving the lit award that it should. Sometimes it has to be hit several times before the award is given. Checked all connectors on the node board underneath and they're all seated. Tech alert shows no node board problems. Anyone else having this same issue or have any ideas?

Check the switch, with a ball, in switch test. It is probably activating when the ball first hits it but once the ball settles it is no longer activated. When this happens, the game just spits the ball back out without giving a reward. The switch needs to be activated when the ball is settled. Make sure the screws that mount the switch are tight. If the screws are tight, you may be able to get it to work better by repeatedly activating the switch manually, but ultimately you'll probably need to replace the switch. Adjusting the switch so it's more (or less!) sensitive may help too.

This is a pretty common problem on any game with a saucer it seems.

Kevin

#2405 45 days ago

Thanks, Kevin. I'll pull the node board and look for a switch--I didn't notice one with a cursory look, but what you're saying makes sense.

#2406 44 days ago

Can someone tell me what i have to complete to get to medley multiball? Thanks.

#2407 44 days ago
Quoted from monte_:

Can someone tell me what i have to complete to get to medley multiball? Thanks.

Start all modes--no need to complete them all (that's a higher level of wizard mode), but just start them all. So whenever you can switch to a new song (which equals a new mode), then do so. Good luck, It's a blast!

#2408 44 days ago

Oh, and then hit the scoop.

#2409 44 days ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Start all modes--no need to complete them all (that's a higher level of wizard mode), but just start them all. So whenever you can switch to a new song (which equals a new mode), then do so. Good luck, It's a blast!

Thanks.

#2410 44 days ago

So I called stern because my NIB AS Pro that I have had for five days would freeze up during play. Lights out on play field, LCD screen on but frozen and would lock up. I could turn it off and on and it would start back up and usually could play a game. Tech support said to me that it could be the sd card so he was going to ship it out so I am waiting on that. Today I had weird things going on. When I would hit the start button to play a game, a song was picked automatically for me and I couldn't select the song. In addition, sometimes it would fire the ball automatically right away. Once I drained the ball for the next ball the same song was automatically selected and the ball would be fired automatically. In addition, the toy box inside part that goes up and down was going up and down for a whole game without stopping with the toy box open. Anyone have any ideas? CPU?

#2411 44 days ago
Quoted from monte_:

So I called stern because my NIB AS Pro that I have had for five days would freeze up during play. Lights out on play field, LCD screen on but frozen and would lock up. I could turn it off and on and it would start back up and usually could play a game. Tech support said to me that it could be the sd card so he was going to ship it out so I am waiting on that. Today I had weird things going on. When I would hit the start button to play a game, a song was picked automatically for me and I couldn't select the song. In addition, sometimes it would fire the ball automatically right away. Once I drained the ball for the next ball the same song was automatically selected and the ball would be fired automatically. In addition, the toy box inside part that goes up and down was going up and down for a whole game without stopping with the toy box open. Anyone have any ideas? CPU?

Check the switch in the lockbar. It might be bent and stuck closed. Just a guess. You could go into switch test and see if it registers when pressed.

#2412 42 days ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

On latest code you have to make at least 1 shot in each mode, not just start and time out, to be able to reach Medley

#2413 42 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Has anyone had the thing where the game will suddenly dump all the balls out of the toybox when it's not in a multiball mode? I've had this happen twice now, but I'm not sure what's causing it to happen.

Did you ever got a solution to this?

Mine has just started this as well, dumping balls out of the toybox mid-ball. Is happening every other game now

#2414 42 days ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Mine has just started this as well, dumping balls out of the toybox mid-ball. Is happening every other game now

Sorry, no. We don't have the machine here anymore so I'm not sure what the actual reason it did this was.

#2415 42 days ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Check the optos under the PF. It was suggested to me, but I have not had a chance to look. It started after the latest round of code and only during certain songs. I will check my optos once I clean the machine this weekend.

#2416 41 days ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

On latest code you have to make at least 1 shot in each mode, not just start and time out, to be able to reach Medley

Good to know--thanks!

#2417 41 days ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Thanks, Kevin. I'll pull the node board and look for a switch--I didn't notice one with a cursory look, but what you're saying makes sense.

My scoop problem was indeed the switch--just a bit of bending did the trick. Thanks again.

#2418 40 days ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Hey AS owners:
I have a AS Pro and really enjoy the music when you light it up. With a sub and better speakers in the backbox, it's a serious adrenaline rush when you manage to to hit the right targets.
So my question is...is a AC/DC Prem a good compliment to Aerosmith? AC/DC is a great band, but is it implemented as well as AS?
Prefer to hear from owners of both, but not necessary.
If not, what would be a high energy pin to compliment AS?
Thanks!

I have the AS Pro and an AC/DC Prem VE. I think AC/DC is the better machine but I really like them both and I grew up liking the bands. AC/DC is somewhat annoying in that when the ball drains, the song restarts on the next ball. I would have swapped out a few songs on both games as they left out some good tunes, especially on AS. But Stern won’t let me approve the play lists! Lol. I am not a fan of the Spike node boards. Both of them on my AS failed out of the box. AC/DC gets the most play because we have one in league and playing at home helps me hone my strategies.

#2419 35 days ago

Well I've now joined the club - thanks to this beauty of a Pro I just brought home from Arcade Expo 5.0

As an added bonus, Dirty Donny was at the show Saturday and he signed the apron decal for me using a metallic bronze Sharpie...

20190318_201234.png20190318_201608.png
#2420 34 days ago

So I am joining the club this weekend, looks like I need to check the node boards for the capacitor any other required adjustments? Sorry the thread is 49 pages and I only read like 10 of them.

#2421 34 days ago

I would go to the adjustments menu and reduce "Walk this Way", "Rats", "Same old song", "Back in the Saddle" to 40 seconds (from factory 50 seconds) - the less time for each mode the more likely you can "Get your Wings". Also cut on the adult language unless there are kids around. (WTF!)

You should be able to right cradle and hit the right ramp - I had to adjust my flippers a bit.

Otherwise enjoy! It's a great game!

#2422 34 days ago
Quoted from coz6:

So I am joining the club this weekend, looks like I need to check the node boards for the capacitor

If it helps you out at all, the AS Pro I just got above was manufactured mid-Jan 2018 (serial # range 275xxx, factory game code v1.03.0). It has both the fixes from service bulletins #189 and #190 installed.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB189.pdf
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB190revB.pdf

If you know the date and/or serial of the game you're getting, that should give you an idea.

#2423 34 days ago
Quoted from monte_:

So my toy box was doing this when I first got along with it not letting me pick the song. I fixed the toy box by turning it off, lifting playfield, and physically rotating the motor that controls the inside part 180 degrees so it was activating the opposite switch upon startup. It fixed my toy box issue along with letting me pick my songs. Disclaimer, I’m a newb and know nothing about pinball maintenance, I was just trying things and this worked for me. Maybe try updating your code as well. Goodluck

#2424 33 days ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

I have the AS Pro and an AC/DC Prem VE. I think AC/DC is the better machine but I really like them both and I grew up liking the bands. AC/DC is somewhat annoying in that when the ball drains, the song restarts on the next ball. I would have swapped out a few songs on both games as they left out some good tunes, especially on AS. But Stern won’t let me approve the play lists! Lol. I am not a fan of the Spike node boards. Both of them on my AS failed out of the box. AC/DC gets the most play because we have one in league and playing at home helps me hone my strategies.

AC/DC is showing up this weekend, weather permitting. Should go well w/AS!

1 week later
#2425 25 days ago

My premium ball launch to Jackie/toy box is on the fritz. Has anyone had issues with this. It is not kicking the ball out and up at times.

Game play stops and ball search goes on. Sometimes that corrects it and sometimes it does not. Happens every game. It is a month old. Anytips.

#2426 25 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

My premium ball launch to Jackie/toy box is on the fritz. Has anyone had issues with this. It is not kicking the ball out and up at times.
Game play stops and ball search goes on. Sometimes that corrects it and sometimes it does not. Happens every game. It is a month old. Anytips.

I would check the mech. The bracket to the playfield or the solenoid may be loose. Did you drop the playfield into the cabinet by chance?
Had a buddy do that on an ACDC and all of the sudden the jukebox kickout went on the fritz. Turned out he dropped the playfield pulling it out to check something and it landed on the up kicker.

#2427 25 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Sounds like the switch in the ball launch "scoop" is not registering when the ball in in that spot. Go into switch test and drop a ball on the launch spot and see if the switch registers. Remove the ball and place it in position again. Try this over and over and see how reliably the switch registers when lands in the launch spot. If it isn't registering, adjust the switch until it does.

#2428 25 days ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

I would check the mech. The bracket to the playfield or the solenoid may be loose. Did you drop the playfield into the cabinet by chance?
Had a buddy do that on an ACDC and all of the sudden the jukebox kickout went on the fritz. Turned out he dropped the playfield pulling it out to check something and it landed on the up kicker.

No it just stopped.

#2429 25 days ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Sounds like the switch in the ball launch "scoop" is not registering when the ball in in that spot. Go into switch test and drop a ball on the launch spot and see if the switch registers. Remove the ball and place it in position again. Try this over and over and see how reliably the switch registers when lands in the launch spot. If it isn't registering, adjust the switch until it does.

The switch always registers. The kick just does not kick. Going to run switch test and make sure all is tight.
Thanks guys.

#2430 25 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The switch always registers. The kick just does not kick. Going to run switch test and make sure all is tight.
Thanks guys.

So it won't even kick during ball search?

#2431 25 days ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

So it won't even kick during ball search?

50/50 chance on ball search.

Frustrating.

#2432 24 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

50/50 chance on ball search.
Frustrating.

If switch is registering every time and it only kicks some of the time got to be a dry joint at the coil

#2433 24 days ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

If switch is registering every time and it only kicks some of the time got to be a dry joint at the coil

Can you please explain the term dry joint?

#2434 24 days ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

How do I fix?
Thanks.

#2435 19 days ago

Anyone know what bulb test lights the jacky spotlight? The one with the 5 leds on a post? Think mine is out.

In the event I need to replace, what type of bulb is this?

#2436 19 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone know what bulb test lights the jacky spotlight? The one with the 5 leds on a post? Think mine is out.
In the event I need to replace, what type of bulb is this?

The spotlight on Jackie? That should light in flasher test. If it does not light up, try removing the lamp and straightening the legs (wires) on the wedge base. If that looks good, try reversing the lamp in the socket. They do have a specific orientation so trying it one way, swapping it and testing again is a good idea before calling the LED bad.

#2437 19 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

DIAG -> LAMP -> FLASH -> #145 ("Toy Box Lid Flash").

#2438 18 days ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

DIAG -> LAMP -> FLASH -> #145 ("Toy Box Lid Flash").

Thanks, think I bumped it installing armor and knock the bulb loose. All good now!

#2439 15 days ago

Joined the club yesterday!

20190407_194121 (resized).jpg
#2440 15 days ago
Quoted from Hammer1021:

Joined the club yesterday!
[quoted image]

You wont regret it, AS is a great game. Congrats!

#2441 13 days ago

Aerosmith Dude looks like a lady came on today on my SiriusXM station while I am at work. I immediately felt like I needed to complete that mode to move on. Does this happen to anyone else?

#2442 13 days ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Aerosmith Dude looks like a lady came on today on my SiriusXM station while I am at work. I immediately felt like I needed to complete that mode to move on. Does this happen to anyone else?

Lol thats pretty funny

#2443 13 days ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

'Sweet Emotion' came on the barber's sound system whilst I was having a haircut the other day and I swear my hands went into flipper position below the smock.

#2444 12 days ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Quoted from StormyX73:

'Sweet Emotion' came on the barber's sound system whilst I was having a haircut the other day and I swear my hands went into flipper position below the smock.

Manchurian Candidate stuff right there

#2445 11 days ago

I’ve had Aerosmith for 9 months now, love it. 550,000,000 high score.

Anyone know of any sound mods for Aerosmith that changes up the songs?

#2446 10 days ago

Loving the game. What does the green x's on the play field stand for?

#2447 10 days ago
Quoted from Hammer1021:

Loving the game. What does the green x's on the play field stand for?

Shot multiplier:
Completing all nine of the yellow stand-up targets lights the shot multiplier on the next shot you make, for the rest of the ball.

#2448 10 days ago
Quoted from jfrazie:

I did one for a friend, and surprisingly that is the game I own now. I'm running full stock now, because I found updating SPIKE games to be a complete pain in the butt. Fortunately, I don't mind the stock music.

#2449 7 days ago
Quoted from jfrazie:

I bought a pinball mix. Guy does the work and puts the songs u want in it. 150-250 price range for the work but a nice way to rejuvenate the game

#2450 7 days ago
Quoted from Thegeekyhusband:

I bought a pinball mix. Guy does the work and puts the songs u want in it. 150-250 price range for the work but a nice way to rejuvenate the game

But doesn’t this just butcher the modes all to hell?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 50.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 150.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 19.95
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Woodbury, CT
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2484 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 50.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside