20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 82.
#2351 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

I’ve never made it to medley, old or new. How did the new code make it harder? (Serious question...)

You never even made it to Medley Tour Multiball and you downvote my opinion on the 2 codes lol, really?

Pretty.much everything PW said and he definitely has some good points about the new code also but i still had more fun on the old code. I would recommend that the person asking to play the game on the old code for awhile and have some fun and try to make it to Medley Tour Multiball, then update the code and see which one he.likes better.

#2352 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Shorter timer in previous code = you could start another song sooner.
Some modes completed when ball drained in previous code = you could start another song sooner
Now each mode runs until timed out or completed. This slows down progression towards Medley but results in consistency.
Maybe reducing timers will balance things?
I did not like the hodgepodge logic of some modes being completed upon drain while others did not. Also I disliked Sweet Emotion progress being lost after every drain or failed attempt.

Thanks. And yeah, in addition to being able to resume songs, I like the mode consistency as well. In the previous rules perhaps as the owner of the game I could learn the particulars of each song, but it certainly didn't make it easy or friendly for pinball friends coming by occasionally.

I was just going to suggest to Who-Dey, there are tons of options in the adjustments menu - surely if the game is too difficult now it can be brought back to the previous level of difficulty by changing some settings.

#2353 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

I was just going to suggest to Who-Dey, there are tons of options in the adjustments menu - surely if the game is too difficult now it can be brought back to the previous level of difficulty by changing some settings.

Yup that is true and i would like to do just that if i could figure out for sure what to do. Ive just been so busy lately that i haven't had time to look into it and my brain is too tired to think about it at the moment.

#2354 5 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Is Stern still making this Pin?

Nope. They took “final call” orders for the 3 rock music pins in December, and they’re done.

Unless they vault them down the road.

PS new code is way better.

rd

#2355 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thsts true but under the old code, being able to get to or being within reach of Medey Tour Multiball was always a super adrenaline rush on a pretty regular basis. Now that almost never happens unless you are a great player. You could also complete the songs if you made it to the main wizard mode. Downvote me all you want but the game was more fun under the old code.

And this is why I think the 'middle' code was the worst of the bunch. It was just too easy to get to Medley, and then once you get there, it was too easy to complete to get to Final Tour. IMHO an 'average' player shouldn't be getting to the wizard mode on default settings on any machine 'on a pretty regular basis'.

The game is much more balanced now, although I think it does still need some adjustments making to the rules on Final Tour - just hitting any 24 shots to light super jackpot at scoop is lazy and uninspired code. It also only takes about 90 seconds to hit all the shots then it's over. What an anti-climax.
I'd have it that you need to hit each major shot (city) once to light a continent jackpot at the scoop, worth the sum of the shots hit, once the continent jackpot is hit all shots relight and you move on to the next continent with all major shots worth double, then treble, etc. Once all continents have been collected a world jackpot is lit for collection.
3 continents would be the default (Asia, Europe, North America) but could be increased up to make it harder/more valuable if desired.

#2356 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

IMHO an 'average' player shouldn't be getting to the wizard mode on default settings on any machine 'on a pretty regular basis'.

The average player was not getting to Medley Tour Multiball on a regular basis under the old code, not even close to getting it on a regular basis. It was always a adrenaline rush though as you were approaching it but you would almost always fail. Its also not "The wizard mode", its a mini wizard mode.

My point is though is that adrenaline rush is now gone for most players because of the increased difficulty. The mini wizard modes are usually meant to be obtainable once in awhile for average players and the main wizard mode you will have to be a very good player or have the game of your life to get to it.

#2357 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Personally I much MUCH prefer the new code - being able to resume the songs from where you left off means I actually have a shot at completing them.

Me too. Not to mention when you actually get the Medley MB, it's not a big disappointment. MMB old code was terrible.

#2358 5 years ago

I realize this game has only been in my house for a few weeks, but I’ve really taken a shine to it. Normally my “honeymoon phase” with a new game lasts less than a week. But I just keep playing this thing. I can’t really put my finger on why, with the simple exception that I really enjoy the game. I like the shots, the rules, the music. Really all of it. Another unexpected winner of a game.

PS: I updated to 1.07. I figured that’s the version Stern wanted me to play, so I’ll play it.

#2359 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I realize this game has only been in my house for a few weeks, but I’ve really taken a shine to it. Normally my “honeymoon phase” with a new game lasts less than a week. But I just keep playing this thing. I can’t really put my finger on why, with the simple exception that I really enjoy the game. I like the shots, the rules, the music. Really all of it. Another unexpected winner of a game.
PS: I updated to 1.07. I figured that’s the version Stern wanted me to play, so I’ll play it.

Its the shots Dave. The shots are somewhat difficult to hit but once you get a feel for it they are smooth as butter and very satisfying.

#2360 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I honestly don't understand the hate for this game. It's simple fun. The latest code seems to be a good balance. I don't know the numbers, but the older code was too difficult, previous code before this was too easy. This seems well balanced. I wonder if this will be a low production game like Iron Man that people take awhile to warm up to. My only gripe is the Jacky voice.

I just thought of something crazy while typing this. I played in an Aerosmith tribute band for awhile. I bet I could talk the singer into doing some voice overs to replace the Jacky voice. I'm sure it wouldn't be free, and I've had a few drinks, but it sounds like a great idea right now. Can someone with some Pinball Browser experience chime in to how much work this would be? I have the recording equipment, more than would be necessary for simple voice overs.

#2361 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I honestly don't understand the hate for this game

I don’t think there is any?

Maybe indifference. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone saying “I HATE THIS GAME!!”

Except in a tournament when the magnet hoofs the ball SDTM lol

I think when people get some time on the game, they like it.

Maybe it suffered from “same as KISS” when it came out - and Stern can only blame themselves for that.

rd

#2362 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I don’t think there is any?
Maybe indifference. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone saying “I HATE THIS GAME!!”
Except in a tournament when the magnet hoofs the ball SDTM lol
I think when people get some time on the game, they like it.
Maybe it suffered from “same as KISS” when it came out - and Stern can only blame themselves for that.
rd

I agree with everything you said (after the first line)

In other threads, and just general watercooler talks at local leagues and tournaments, there are quite a few people that just dont like AS at all. I always try to explain that its a fun game with the 'just one more' fun factor. They dont care to hear it.

Either way, I love mine, and I dont plan on letting it go too fast.

#2363 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

My only gripe is the Jacky voice.

I currently own Roller Coaster Tycoon, and I let the Troll live... so Jacky could gargle with draino and I'd let him get away with it.

Quoted from Shredso:

Can someone with some Pinball Browser experience chime in to how much work this would be?

The newest SPIKE games are a pain in the butt (in my opinion). I don't like doing them. Massive files, different ways to read them, loading and copying SD cards, direct updates because they are so big. On SAM games updates are a joy. On SPIKE, they are horrible. And NONE of that is because of Pinball Browser (awesome software). It is the way Stern designed SPIKE software that gets in the way. On Aerosmith, I wasn't able to change a song in the update, I had to do it directly on the SD card by copying it to my computer (huge), modifying the image there, and then writing out a whole new card. Stuff that takes a couple of minutes on SAM took an hour to do on SPIKE. F that nonsense. I wouldn't do a project like that.

#2364 5 years ago

To those of you on the new code (1.7); has anyone experience the premature release of the balls from the Toy Box (insert witty joke here). I find it happening more on Sweet Emotion, but if you have 3 - 4 balls in the box (holding them for 6), before the song ends the box will just dump the balls at random. Not on every song, but most noticeable on SE.

#2365 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

To those of you on the new code (1.7); has anyone experience the premature release of the balls from the Toy Box (insert witty joke here). I find it happening more on Sweet Emotion, but if you have 3 - 4 balls in the box (holding them for 6), before the song ends the box will just dump the balls at random. Not on every song, but most noticeable on SE.

Check the opto connections underneath the playfield. A lot of people have had this happen and it progressively gets worse.

Mine happened out of nowhere but pushing thr connectors back on tightly fixed it

#2366 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Check the opto connections underneath the playfield. A lot of people have had this happen and it progressively gets worse

Awesome, thank you! I'll give it a shot.

#2367 5 years ago

just recently on my Aerosmith Pro during multi-ball it has giving me an extra ball or two as the balls drained and the light was blinking between the flippers. Most of the time if 2 drain or so it will return the correct amount. Sometimes it will return too many. Any thought as to this problem?

#2368 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Sometimes it will return too many. Any thought as to this problem?

I don't see "that" as a problem. I'd consider it a "bonus" ... like going through a drive-thru and finding out they gave you an extra order of french fries.

#2369 5 years ago

Hey AS owners:

I have a AS Pro and really enjoy the music when you light it up. With a sub and better speakers in the backbox, it's a serious adrenaline rush when you manage to to hit the right targets.

So my question is...is a AC/DC Prem a good compliment to Aerosmith? AC/DC is a great band, but is it implemented as well as AS?

Prefer to hear from owners of both, but not necessary.

If not, what would be a high energy pin to compliment AS?

Thanks!

#2370 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Hey AS owners:
I have a AS Pro and really enjoy the music when you light it up. With a sub and better speakers in the backbox, it's a serious adrenaline rush when you manage to to hit the right targets.
So my question is...is a AC/DC Prem a good compliment to Aerosmith? AC/DC is a great band, but is it implemented as well as AS?
Thanks!

AC DC Premium is a great pinball machine, one of the best games ever probably. Iron Maiden is another great Pinball machine and Metallica too!

#2371 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

AC DC Premium is a great pinball machine, one of the best games ever probably. Iron Maiden is another great Pinball machine and Metallica too!

Thanks Who-Dey,

Those are all on my short list, but not necessarily the wifey's short list. Just curious if a slightly older pin like AC/DC can hold it's own with the newer pins like you mentioned. I admit, I'm biased towards AC/DC since I know the music, but if it's not on the same level as AS, I'd likely pass.

#2372 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Hey AS owners:
Thanks!

I own both and still prefer ACDC over AS as it gives me a better adrenaline rush, but they are both awesome pins.

#2373 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Thanks Who-Dey,
Those are all on my short list, but not necessarily the wifey's short list. Just curious if a slightly older pin like AC/DC can hold it's own with the newer pins like you mentioned. I admit, I'm biased towards AC/DC since I know the music, but if it's not on the same level as AS, I'd likely pass.

MB, AC/DC is better than Aerosmith in my opinion but you need to get the Premium model. The game is loaded with features and if you like AC DC you will go nuts over it. Its amazing seriously.

#2374 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

MB, AC/DC is better than Aerosmith in my opinion but you need to get the Premium model. The game is loaded with features and if you like AC DC you will go nuts over it. Its amazing seriously.

Yep, it would be a Prem!

#2375 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

just recently on my Aerosmith Pro during multi-ball it has giving me an extra ball or two as the balls drained and the light was blinking between the flippers. Most of the time if 2 drain or so it will return the correct amount. Sometimes it will return too many. Any thought as to this problem?

Bump

#2376 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Maybe you are getting an add a ball?

#2377 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No I was watching for thst.

#2378 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Aerosmith has a couple things that could cause what seems like odd behavior. First (and this bugs me), when extra ball is lit Jacky says “shoot the scoop to add a ball”. When it isn’t an add a ball, it’s an extra ball. Second, the actual add a ball is from the mystery. And finally (and this I like), there are short ball savers for some shots. In a multi ball these can feel a bit random, but they aren’t. When draining other balls out of a multi ball, a scoop shot with the last ball may bring them and one more back to the player. The VIP pass in the right outlane can bring back two balls if it’s triggered and timed with a second drain.

So with all that, I’m thinking either the add a ball at the scoop, or the ball saver out of the elevator, or the ball saver off the ball lock hitting Jacky in the face. It might feel random, but there was a cause, and it doesn’t sound like a problem in your game. Just play another hundred games and you will probably spot what triggered it. Also, you can make it less likely by going into the settings and shutting off the short ballsavers from the elevator and other shots.

#2379 5 years ago

Acdc is a much tougher game, faster and less forgiving for bad shots. Both are great games

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2380 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Aerosmith has a couple things that could cause what seems like odd behavior. First (and this bugs me), when extra ball is lit Jacky says “shoot the scoop to add a ball”. When it isn’t an add a ball, it’s an extra ball. Second, the actual add a ball is from the mystery. And finally (and this I like), there are short ball savers for some shots. In a multi ball these can feel a bit random, but they aren’t. When draining other balls out of a multi ball, a scoop shot with the last ball may bring them and one more back to the player. The VIP pass in the right outlane can bring back two balls if it’s triggered and timed with a second drain.
So with all that, I’m thinking either the add a ball at the scoop, or the ball saver out of the elevator, or the ball saver off the ball lock hitting Jacky in the face. It might feel random, but there was a cause, and it doesn’t sound like a problem in your game. Just play another hundred games and you will probably spot what triggered it. Also, you can make it less likely by going into the settings and shutting off the short ballsavers from the elevator and other shots.

Thank you for this detailed information! I know on one occasion on a 3 ball a couple drained and I ended up with 5 ball multi ball. Thought maybe a loose connector or a problem with an optic in the trough.

#2381 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

So my question is...is a AC/DC Prem a good compliment to Aerosmith? AC/DC is a great band, but is it implemented as well as AS

Totally different machines! I have a Luci and AS Pro. Equal play in a collection of 10.

#2382 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Totally different machines! I have a Luci and AS Pro. Equal play in a collection of 10.

That's what we say about our Houdini sitting next to AS. Talk about polar opposites.

#2383 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Thank you for this detailed information! I know on one occasion on a 3 ball a couple drained and I ended up with 5 ball multi ball. Thought maybe a loose connector or a problem with an optic in the trough.

That would usually show differently. Like two balls kicked into the shooter lane, or more random. But you are saying... oh, hang on... possibly switches in the trough. Like it didn’t know the middle ones in the trough were drained until they had more balls behind them. Some AC/DCs had that issue. So, the way it could be happening is the roller micro switches may be too high, and the ball gets hooked on them if it’s going slow enough. I’d run a test by ejecting all the balls, then into switch test and “lightly” put them in the trough. See if you can cause a ball there to not be sensed. If so, adjust as needed.

#2384 5 years ago

I LOVE my Aerosmith Pro and I'm already past the honeymoon stage on it. Just a blast to play and I dare say the better of the bunch of music pins I own (Kiss, ACDC Luci and MET). MET beats it out on interactive toys (which I love), but the Toybox and the excellent dmd animations on Aerosmith makes it a tight race. I would rather have the cartoon animations of Iron Maiden, MET and Aerosmith than movie clips and concert film any day of the week.

#2385 5 years ago

I took 10 seconds off the "easier" songs like Rats, Walk This Way, Back In The Saddle. This makes it a little easier to get the Tour multiball. Usually I start with "Walk This Way" to light Super Ramps and save multiball for the harder songs like Emotion.

#2386 5 years ago

Yes im the lucky owner of the last AS pro coming to Melbourne
Will be a ripper game next to my ACDC premium
Played at Coolangatta Timezone and was an instant decision to order - just scraped it in!
Only 60 approx AS came to Australia so will definitely hold its value if not increase.

#2387 5 years ago
Quoted from StormyX73:

I have a Pro and is the left hand side orange flasher supposed to remain out during the 'attract' sequence?
I noticed it was unlit the other day and can't remember if it's always been that way. It flickers a little on powering on the machine, but that's it. It works fine in the flasher test and works ok in other parts of the game – toybox multiball light 'swoop', Crank it Up etc. It just seems odd that it would be the only light not to work as part of the show. Just my OCD kicking in. [quoted image]

I have the 1.07 code on LE and I have noticed this issue and had planned on possibly mentioning it here, but seeing this post is forcing my hand.

I know it's a little thing, but it drives me bonkers. I hope it can get patched. I LOVE this game otherwise.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2388 5 years ago

Just joined the Aerosmith family. Got a nice, HUO Pro from a nice collector in PA. Well placed Mylar , and a couple of thoughtful mods.

My mother passed away in February and went to school with some members of Aerosmith (she grew up in Ma and I believe went to Malden High.) She was only 61. Anyways, I thought reconnecting with the band and their music through pinball would be a nice way to keep her and her love of music around.

2F2E97C9-5FF3-4720-9AFA-7494ADE5B846 (resized).jpeg2F2E97C9-5FF3-4720-9AFA-7494ADE5B846 (resized).jpeg880AC633-8F2F-4B43-A488-58CBDFB5D4C6 (resized).jpeg880AC633-8F2F-4B43-A488-58CBDFB5D4C6 (resized).jpeg

#2389 5 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

My mother passed away in a February

Sorry for your loss my friend

#2390 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Sorry for your loss my friend

Appreciated!

#2391 5 years ago

If anyone in the New York / New England area has an Aerosmith Pro with a scratched up cabinet, shoot me a PM. I acquired a brand new lower cabinet in a bulk purchase that I do not need, and will trade for some cool arcade/pinball stuff...

#2392 5 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Just joined the Aerosmith family. Got a nice, HUO Pro from a nice collector in PA. Well placed Mylar , and a couple of thoughtful mods.
My mother passed away in February and went to school with some members of Aerosmith (she grew up in Ma and I believe went to Malden High.) She was only 61. Anyways, I thought reconnecting with the band and their music through pinball would be a nice way to keep her and her love of music around.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry to hear about your mother. Aerosmith is one of the most overlooked and under rated pinball machines there is. This game is soooo much fun!

#2393 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Sorry to hear about your mother. Aerosmith is one of the most overlooked and under rated pinball machines there is. This game is soooo much fun!

and the prices dropped to the point i was like "ignore this and you'll regret it". saw some in the low 4s as of late.

#2394 5 years ago

I only have a few pins but AS is the one I start up first and play the most. Once you dial the play times for the various songs in (don't rely on the factory settings) it's great fun. It has a nice, wide open playfield and simple, color coded rules. My GB is a very good pin overall but the upper playfield is a bit crowded - I guess the mfg's try to give you more but I like a clean playfield - but that's just me. If you are an Aerosmith fan this pin is a real keeper.

#2395 5 years ago

Just picked my fist pin up this week - AS Pro. Love it so far. Great art and light shows!

#2396 5 years ago

I just got a new in box Aerosmith Pro. It has been fun, but there are a couple times where I have been playing where all of the sudden the play field goes dead, the screen freezes and nothing happens. I have to turn off the machine and turn it back on. Anybody have any ideas? Mine was made 2/2018. It happened on version 1.03 and then I updated today to 1.07 and it happened again. Thanks for the help.

#2397 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I just got a new in box Aerosmith Pro. It has been fun, but there are a couple times where I have been playing where all of the sudden the play field goes dead, the screen freezes and nothing happens. I have to turn off the machine and turn it back on. Anybody have any ideas? Mine was made 2/2018. It happened on version 1.03 and then I updated today to 1.07 and it happened again. Thanks for the help.

Look up the Stern Service Bulletins on AS and take a look to see if the fixes have been made. If not, order them. It's a necessity and what you described are the symptoms.

#2398 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Call 1-800-kickers and talk to Chaz or David.

#2399 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I have a friend that bought a really nice AS pro with 143 plays on it. He's had it for about 2 weeks. Yesterday he was playing it and it Froze up. Then it wouldnt load at all. No lights and a blank screen. So I jumped in to try and help fix the problem. We got Stern on the phone and Chaz was a great help and totally patience with our questions. With Chaz on the phone we eliminated the problem being the power supply. I took the SD card and put it in mine and updated the code to the most recent. Went back to my friends house, put the SD card in and the game booted as normal. I played about 2 balls until it froze again. Pretty sure the problem is going to be his CPU board. My friend was calling Stern back for further instructions on what to do. Anyone seen this problem before?

Yep, I posted about this same things about 3 months ago.

#2400 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/48?hl=thegeekyhusband and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.