20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 82.
#2251 5 years ago

I don't own an Aerosmith, but like the game and was telling someone about the "secret entrance" to the lock shot. Does anyone have a picture of what this area looks like or a picture without the plastics and ramp in place to see where exactly the entrance is? Thank you in advance!

#2252 5 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I don't own an Aerosmith, but like the game and was telling someone about the "secret entrance" to the lock shot. Does anyone have a picture of what this area looks like or a picture without the plastics and ramp in place to see where exactly the entrance is? Thank you in advance!

20180502_202810 (resized).jpg20180502_202810 (resized).jpg
#2253 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

[quoted image]

KingBW What is just to the right of it? Is there a ball guide there? Trying to see how big the opening is to figure out how far a plunge needs to be to get in there. Seems you can go past it a tad and it may still drop in?

Also, what does that switch do? Does it register as a skill shot?

... And Thank You!

#2254 5 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

kingbw What is just to the right of it? Is there a ball guide there? Trying to see how big the opening is to figure out how far a plunge needs to be to get in there. Seems you can go past it a tad and it may still drop in?
Also, what does that switch do? Does it register as a skill shot?
... And Thank You!

Yes, there is a ball guide to the right. The ball can roll from about center of the playfield backwards to that opening. The switch does register a skill shot with the updates in the last couple of code releases.

#2255 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Yes, there is a ball guide to the right. The ball can roll from about center of the playfield backwards to that opening. The switch does register a skill shot with the updates in the last couple of code releases.

Do you happen to have a shot that shows what it looks like? If not, thanks for the help so far. If you do, thanks again.

#2256 5 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Do you happen to have a shot that shows what it looks like? If not, thanks for the help so far. If you do, thanks again.

No, I don't have a photo of the far right, but you have to make it up to/past that peak to get in there.

#2257 5 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Hey mate, you can download the Aerosmith manual PDF from Stern. It has various playfield schematic pics which will give you an overall idea of what you're looking for.

Cheers

#2258 5 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

Hey mate, you can download the Aerosmith manual PDF from Stern. It has various playfield schematic pics which will give you an overall idea of what you're looking for.
Cheers

I don't think it is available. Their site is a bit confusing to navigate, and google gave me this link which ended at a 404: https://sternpinball.com/upload/games/aerosmith/pro/Aerosmith_Pro_web.pdf

I also tried the ipdb.org site and it doesn't seem to have one.

#2259 5 years ago

I put in the new code on my Pro and changed the settings on my Elevator Multiball. I think that’s the first time I’ve achieved it without concerted effort. I realize it shows me to be a player of limited skill, but now I can really enjoy parts of the game I would not otherwise get to see.

That’s a win for me.

#2260 5 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I don't think it is available. Their site is a bit confusing to navigate, and google gave me this link which ended at a 404: https://sternpinball.com/upload/games/aerosmith/pro/Aerosmith_Pro_web.pdf
I also tried the ipdb.org site and it doesn't seem to have one.

It's there. Scroll down to the bottom, look for the 'Specs & Manual' tab.

Link: https://sternpinball.com/game/aerosmith/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2261 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

On my game if the ball rolls more than half way past the Elevator, when it comes rolling back down it will miss the "secret entrance" to the skill shot.
Rolling to fast to drop in "secret entrance".

#2262 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

On my game if the ball rolls more than half way past the Elevator, when it comes rolling back down it will miss the "secret entrance" to the skill shot.
Rolling to fast to drop in "secret entrance".

Here's a pic of a premium under upper playfield more towards the top of the arc. The ball pretty much needs to "ride the inboard rail" back to the hidden entrance. If there's enough inertia to hug the outer rail, then it will miss the entrance.

20180502_202718 (resized).jpg20180502_202718 (resized).jpg
#2263 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

It's there. Scroll down to the bottom, look for the 'Specs & Manual' tab.
Link: https://sternpinball.com/game/aerosmith/
[quoted image]

Take a look at page 15. The manual shows that "back door" as being blocked off by a ball guide. Also, no switch is there in the playfield. The one referenced near it is the one for the ramp. Looks like this was a last minute idea to add a switch there with a one way gate (like on X-Men behind magneto). If anyone manages to take a picture of that corner, that would be great.

#2264 5 years ago

Was playing down out the arcade this evening and got the Combo Champion High Score with 16 combos. Don't think I've ever done this at this home.

Any idea what counts as combo? Couldn't really find anything in the rules about it.

#2265 5 years ago
Quoted from dogwith1eye:

Was playing down out the arcade this evening and got the Combo Champion High Score with 16 combos. Don't think I've ever done this at this home.
Any idea what counts as combo? Couldn't really find anything in the rules about it.

Are you running the latest code? I feel like this didn't work properly in an earlier code release.

#2266 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Are you running the latest code? I feel like this didn't work properly in an earlier code release.

Yeah, the arcade was running 1.07

#2267 5 years ago

On the last code 1.06 I had 26 combos. I believe if you hit the lit targets (flashing) two or more in in a row without hitting any other switch counts as a combo.
Now that I've update code I haven't had a game that blown up. YET.

#2268 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

On the last code 1.06 I had 26 combos. I believe if you hit the lit targets (flashing) two or more in in a row without hitting any other switch counts as a combo.
Now that I've update code I haven't had a game that blown up. YET.

I think the game is a little harder now that the songs don’t end early. Either that or i just suck.

#2269 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think the game is a little harder now that the songs don’t end early. Either that or ijust suck.

It's both for me, I suck and the band plays on. Happy New Year Who-Dey

#2270 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

It's both for me, I suck and the band plays on. Happy New Year Who-Dey

Same to you buddy! I will see you in Chuckwurts stream tuesday when he plays his new AC/DC game if you are in there.

#2271 5 years ago

Man, this game is difficult on the new code. My best on factory settings is around 250M. I don’t see Medley or Final Tour anytime soon, but it keeps me and the GF coming back for more. Such a beautiful colorful game and just fun fun fun to play. Going to add a shaker and Flipper Fidelity system next. I hope Stern adds attract mode sounds and music at some point

0E2DDB7D-02F3-4F85-ADFA-2BB5B0E10BBA (resized).jpeg0E2DDB7D-02F3-4F85-ADFA-2BB5B0E10BBA (resized).jpeg51E32EF2-3E32-4A22-9050-1C7BBEB62E93 (resized).jpeg51E32EF2-3E32-4A22-9050-1C7BBEB62E93 (resized).jpegB0C55C5E-F717-4796-86AF-14156F59A142 (resized).jpegB0C55C5E-F717-4796-86AF-14156F59A142 (resized).jpegBA37662E-70F1-4432-B23D-3BAFAA15294D (resized).jpegBA37662E-70F1-4432-B23D-3BAFAA15294D (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2272 5 years ago

Hello all. Having some issues with my Aero pro pin. First of all the kick-out to the toybox isn't registering and sits there until the ball search cycles through, then popping it out softly like when the toybox is closed even when having the green inserts lit where the toybox should normally be open, I make 2 balls in the toybox and it opens and releases them randomly without any multi-ball be played, also, the center ramp with not register my loops until I make 2 or 3 loops then it will start counting them and I have never changed the factory settings on it aside from updating code when new code is released. I checked the connections and wiring to see if there was anything loose or broken and I cannot find anything wrong with it. I also read some similar issues with the pin and a board issue might be it but I have no way of knowing this, if anyone has any answers or solution to my issues I am currently having, please let me know as I have little knowledge to the electronics of these games & no service repair man in my area to address these issues I am having, I would be most grateful for any input at all on this matter, thanks much.

#2273 5 years ago

Thinking about getting the shaker for the pro version I got a few weeks ago. Probably a loaded question...but a big thumbs up? Any downside or tips for a newbie?

Already hooked up a sub-woofer along with a much better cabinet woofer - a serious improvement. Backbox speakers up next!

#2274 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Thinking about getting the shaker for the pro version I got a few weeks ago. Probably a loaded question...but a big thumbs up? Any downside or tips for a newbie?

I put a shaker in my Pro and I was disappointed that there isn't much Action with it. Not like when I added one to GB or Met. I'd save my money if I were you

#2275 5 years ago
Quoted from product-of-74:

Hello all. Having some issues with my Aero pro pin. First of all the kick-out to the toybox isn't registering and sits there until the ball search cycles through, then popping it out softly like when the toybox is closed even when having the green inserts lit where the toybox should normally be open, I make 2 balls in the toybox and it opens and releases them randomly without any multi-ball be played, also, the center ramp with not register my loops until I make 2 or 3 loops then it will start counting them and I have never changed the factory settings on it aside from updating code when new code is released. I checked the connections and wiring to see if there was anything loose or broken and I cannot find anything wrong with it. I also read some similar issues with the pin and a board issue might be it but I have no way of knowing this, if anyone has any answers or solution to my issues I am currently having, please let me know as I have little knowledge to the electronics of these games & no service repair man in my area to address these issues I am having, I would be most grateful for any input at all on this matter, thanks much.

I can't remember the fix, but unless someone else chimes in, scroll through these threads as the fix has been mentioned numerous times. From what I recall it is definitely a connection issue somewhere that has to be adjusted.

#2276 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I put a shaker in my Pro and I was disappointed that there isn't much Action with it. Not like when I added one to GB or Met. I'd save my money if I were you

Glad I asked. Houdini really benefited from one, was hoping the same with AS. I was pleasantly surprised at the rumble I got from the cab woofer I installed. Not bad for a cheapie $20 Parts Express woofer. Stern went pretty cheap on the stock speakers!

#2277 5 years ago

So for those saying a shaker doesn't add much, is it a general thing or just for the general game play.

For example, I have a shaker in my Tron. Most people say tron isn't a great shaker game, but I find it's fine if you can progress through the game and achieve more modes.

Seeing that Tron can be a brutally hard game, maybe this is why a lot of people said shaker implementation wasn't great.

Anybody able to chime in on Aerosmith moreso as you progress?

#2278 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

So for those saying a shaker doesn't add much, is it a general thing or just for the general game play.
For example, I have a shaker in my Tron. Most people say tron isn't a great shaker game, but I find it's fine if you can progress through the game and achieve more modes.
Seeing that Tron can be a brutally hard game, maybe this is why a lot of people said shaker implementation wasn't great.
Anybody able to chime in on Aerosmith moreso as you progress?

I have a shaker on my AS premium and it shakes at all of the times that I would think it to be appropriate - when the toy box shakes, elevator multiball intro, VIP ball save launch, a few other times I can't think of currently. I like what it adds to the game.

#2279 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I have a shaker on my AS premium and it shakes at all of the times that I would think it to be appropriate - when the toy box shakes, elevator multiball intro, VIP ball save launch, a few other times I can't think of currently. I like what it adds to the game.

Shaker: So we have one 'yah', and one 'nah'. We need a tie breaker!

#2280 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Shaker: So we have one 'yah', and one 'nah'. We need a tie breaker!

It's not the best integrated game, but it's cheap enough. Shake it up. If you decide it doesn't shake enough for your liking, move the shaker to another game or sell it.

#2281 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

It's not the best integrated game, but it's cheap enough. Shake it up. If you decide it doesn't shake enough for your liking, move the shaker to another game or sell it.

Good point, completely forgot about that simple aspect (put into diff game). Duh!

#2282 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Only other spike 2 game I have is imdnle. Which came with one

#2283 5 years ago

Shaker is just fine, subtle, I really enjoy its use, iirc Elevator mb is awesome. I also have tron with a shaker, like that too. My MMR is too much so I prefer the AS integration..

#2284 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Only other spoke 2 game I have is imdnle. Which came with one

Was considering moving my shaker from Aerosmith to Iron Maiden. Does the shaker get used more often in IMDN?

#2285 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Was considering moving my shaker from Aerosmith to Iron Maiden. Does the shaker get used more often in IMDN?

Pro or premium/le?

The premium/le uses it quite a bit. Even has settings to build up as it counts down large after-ball bonus points.

However, the best is its use when the hidden door above the left ramp opens. Just like the movies when a pyramid exploration opens a really old doorway and everything vibrates and shakes.

I love it.

#2286 5 years ago

Anyone make any changes with pinball browser?

Specifically I’m wondering if the game over music is a separate sound request from the song in game play?

#2287 5 years ago

I would say shaker integration is much better in Maiden than Aerosmith.

#2288 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Pro or premium/le?

Its a pro, think Im gonna go ahead and swap it over this morning and see which I like better. If I end up missing it on Aerosmith I’ll order another for it.

#2289 5 years ago

Its a pro, think Im gonna go ahead and swap it over this morning and see which I like better. If I end up missing it on Aerosmith I’ll order another for it.

Good luck. I don't know the pro integration, but I'm sure it's just as awesome.

#2290 5 years ago

I just got my Aerosmith pro this week. My other 3 machines have an attract mode where if you hit a flipper button while game is not being played a sound or comment will play. My Aerosmith does not do this. Can’t find any setting for it. Did Stern leave this feature out of this model?

#2291 5 years ago

Yep, no attract mode sounds. Complete opposite of Iron Maiden, I hope Stern spends some time to finish the code on this game. At least some Steven Tyler callouts when tapping the flipper buttons.

#2292 5 years ago

Time to upgrade the 4" speakers in the backbox. Decided to keep the short speaker screws in place and at the same time make an offset plate with the 3D printer since the tweeter sticks out a bit. Still tweaking everything, so haven't installed yet.
20190113_150957 (resized).jpg20190113_150957 (resized).jpg20190113_151009 (resized).jpg20190113_151009 (resized).jpgpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2293 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Time to upgrade the 4" speakers in the backbox. Decided to keep the short speaker screws in place make an offset plate with the 3D printer since the tweeter sticks out a bit. Still tweaking everything, so haven't installed yet.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you end up offering those spacers for sale I'd be interested! I bought those exact Pyle speakers for my AS but didn't install them due to the tweeter sticking out, so instead I put them into my TWD. They made a nice improvement over the stock drivers though now the sound image comes from the cabinet woofer, so I have ordered but not yet installed a level control and 100Hz crossover to put in line with the woofer. Hopefully these will let me balance the sound back up to the backbox:

https://www.parts-express.com/speaker-l-pad-attenuator-50w-mono-3-8-shaft-8-ohm--260-252?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla&gclid=CjwKCAiA4OvhBRAjEiwAU2FoJRTPn6tmbvVmz-4PmDWp1T21xhTpGLpFm-3mhPASlA0ZUBb2_S8DjBoCeO0QAvD_BwE

https://www.parts-express.com/parts-express-100-hz-low-pass-8-ohm-crossover--266-446

#2294 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

If you end up offering those spacers for sale I'd be interested! ...

For sale? Nah.

Free? Heck yeah! The STL file anyway. Who doesn't like free? Maybe I can do a more generic version so it's not so 'Pyle specific'.

If you don't have a 3D printer, maybe you can go to a local 'hacker' space and make one.

Good to know about your results in TWD. The AS Pro speakers are pretty wimpy.

#2295 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Time to upgrade the 4" speakers in the backbox. Decided to keep the short speaker screws in place and at the same time make an offset plate with the 3D printer since the tweeter sticks out a bit. Still tweaking everything, so haven't installed yet.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

FYI - Doug at speakerlightkits.com has a metal replacement speaker panel that he sells that allows for the tweeter to stick through the panel (no grid in the speaker hole) that also centers the speaker in the grill to make it look better if you add a speaker light kit. I have them installed and they work great. Email him at [email protected] to get them. I don't know if he has those up on his site yet, but it solved the problem for me (for another option). I used the Flipper Fidelity Speakers with Doug's light kit.

#2296 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

FYI - Doug at speakerlightkits.com has a metal replacement speaker panel that he sells that allows for the tweeter to stick through the panel (no grid in the speaker hole) that also centers the speaker in the grill to make it look better if you add a speaker light kit. I have them installed and they work great. Email him at [email protected] to get them. I don't know if he has those up on his site yet, but it solved the problem for me (for another option). I used the Flipper Fidelity Speakers with Doug's light kit.

The Replacement Speaker Plates that I have for SPIKE 2 games can only be used with my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits.

As stated, they do have the bars removed from the speaker holes so speakers with extended tweeters can be directly mounted to them. I also added 2 extra mounting studs (instead of the factory 2), giving the speaker a more traditional squared up mounting position instead of the factories diamond orientation of mounting. The speaker hole is also offset on the plates so the speaker holes are centered in the honeycomb grill areas instead of toward the outer edge of the grill areas.

I do not have these listed on my website, but I do have them available for $17.50 a set. E-mail me at [email protected] if you are interested in them.

Back (resized).jpgBack (resized).jpgFront (resized).jpgFront (resized).jpgHole Centered (resized).jpgHole Centered (resized).jpg
#2297 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would suggest that you move the position of the 4 raised mounting points that the speaker is using. As it is, the factory speaker plate has the speakers mounted in a diamond position, with only a mounting stud at the top and bottom of the speaker hole. As your 3d printed spacer is now....the speaker is going to be mounted off kilter. It is not going to be mounted straight (in a squared off position) and it is not going to be mounted in a straight diamond orientation. It is going to be....."off", mounted somewhere just a bit away from a diamond position.

If you moved (rotated on the round spacer) the 4 raised mounting positions (that the speaker will be using) to be halfway between the mounting holes that are meant for the speaker plates.....it would make it so the speaker can be positioned in the traditional squared up orientation.

Unless you need the speaker mounting holes close to the speaker plate mounting holes (for strength or some other reason), I would think having the speaker aligned in a straight position when mounted would be the way to go. I think this would help visually anyway...if a person chose to not use the speaker foam.

Just my 2 cents,

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#2298 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

....it would make it so the speaker can be positioned in the traditional squared up orientation.
Unless you need the speaker mounting holes close to the speaker plate mounting holes (for strength or some other reason)
Doug... (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Thanks Doug. Yep. you guessed it - strength was the first and foremost reason. Plus there a piece of foam covering in front of the tweeter so you don't see it anyway.

Wasn't sure if the PLA+ material would sag over time so I just rotated the speaker holes slightly to help minimize that tendency.

Also...looking for more reasons to justify buying a 3D printer! I'll check out the speaker plates of yours, $17.50 seems like a very reasonable price. Of course, cheap 3D plastic material can't compare to real metal, and when I do something, I want to do it the right way. Once and done (forever)!

1 week later
#2299 5 years ago

So what do you guys think about the newest code update now that you have had some play time on it? I am almost thinking that they have made it a little too difficult to reach Medley Tour Multiball now. Its seemed to me that the difficulty was perfect before but not so much now. This game has been kicking my ass since the latest code update and i think its going to be very difficult to get to Medley Tour Multiball now.

#2300 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So what do you guys think about the newest code update now that you have had some play time on it? I am almost thinking that they have made it a little too difficult to reach Medley Tour Multiball now. Its seemed to me that the difficulty was perfect before but not so much now. This game has been kicking my ass since the latest code update and i think its going to be very difficult to get to Medley Tour Multiball now.

I just updated last weekend. I go for songs in different orders now trying to figure out a good approach. Most of the time I do a lot worse than before. I did get about 90% of my old Grand Champ score on one game, but for the most part I shoot much lower scores. A lot harder to progress through the game. Wife isn't as happy with the changes. It is going to be a lot harder to get to medley for us also. Maybe the tournament type people were saying it was too easy. I was reluctant to update … but want to stay current on the code. Not much talk about it is saying something. However … the songs are more balanced at the cost of some of the fun factor for us mediocre players. Probably justified overall in the end. Need to "play better" I guess - but don't tell my wife that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/46?hl=dogwith1eye and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.