20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 82.
#2201 5 years ago

How long does it take to update with a USB 2? Seems to be sitting at 531M for quite some time now...

Thanks for the help guys...much appreciated.

#2202 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Welcome to the club

Thanks bicycle,

First newer Stern. Looking forward to taking it for a spin!

#2203 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

First newer Stern. Looking forward to taking it for a spin!

It's a really great game. The newest update is great.

#2204 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

How long does it take to update with a USB 2? Seems to be sitting at 531M for quite some time now...
Thanks for the help guys...much appreciated.

Mine stopped and i had to turn the game off and do the download a second time. It went right through on the second try

#2205 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

It's a really great game. The newest update is great.

1.07 is finally installed. Thanks guys. Only problem now is the wifey is kicking my butt! I guess, I'm just delegated to just fixing the stable.

#2206 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

1.07 is finally installed. Thanks guys. Only problem now is the wifey is kicking my butt! I guess, I'm just delegated to just fixing the stable.

Well sorry but we cant help you if your wife is a better pinball player than you are. You are on your own there Pal lol.

#2207 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

You'll need to distract her while she's playing or break wind.

#2208 5 years ago

They add any callouts for smackin the flipper buttons in attract mode yet? This game needs more quality callouts! Jackie about made me shit the other nite when I smacked him in the face and he blurted out “WTF!?!?”

#2209 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

You'll need to distract her while she's playing or break wind.

Ha, she's does that to me more than the other way around. I'm not even allowed to talk to her when she's playing. Her talking to me when I'm playing? Yeah, no problem w/that.

But she has never complained w/10 pins in less than two years...so all is good! Enjoys this silly hobby as much as I.

#2210 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

They add any callouts for smackin the flipper buttons in attract mode yet? This game needs more quality callouts! Jackie about made me shit the other nite when I smacked him in the face and he blurted out “WTF!?!?”

I heard the adult call outs twice in 2 days then not for another few months. So random. Totally catch me off guard when it happens and make me crack up. But I guess that's the point. I have Metallica right next to AS and those adult call outs are much more frequent. Now Family Guy....those crack me up every time I turn on the game!

#2211 5 years ago

I really want to pull the pin on this gorgeous looking machine but there is one thing that spoils it for me slightly.......

The Dude Looks Like a Lady Animations .... WTF!

It looks like you have some lovely looking babes dancing which then unveil to be some ugly beer gut middle aged geezers dancing - just not cool

With the new code release, whats the call outs like with the ball drains etc... as I believe these were lacking prior to the latest code?

#2212 5 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I really want to pull the pin on this gorgeous looking machine but there is one thing that spoils it for me slightly.......
The Dude Looks Like a Lady Animations .... WTF!
It looks like you have some lovely looking babes dancing which then unveil to be some ugly beer gut middle aged geezers dancing - just not cool
With the new code release, whats the call outs like with the ball drains etc... as I believe these were lacking prior to the latest code?

My guess is they were trying to stay to theme but I'd also like to see more of the girl dancer (she's cartoon HOT) and less of the guys But that's really nitpicking. Aerosmith has become my absolute favorite.

#2213 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I heard the adult call outs twice in 2 days then not for another few months. So random. Totally catch me off guard when it happens and make me crack up. But I guess that's the point. I have Metallica right next to AS and those adult call outs are much more frequent. Now Family Guy....those crack me up every time I turn on the game!

I was about to ask the same thing...no callouts whatsoever in attract mode on this game. Stern really should add these to the game, Iron Maiden has a ton of them and they are just awesome. If they do this and add "Dream On" as a final wizard mode unlock song, I can finally die a happy man, lol.

#2214 5 years ago

I’ve only played a few games on the new update but it’s nice.

Now I can stop avoiding Sweet Emotion early in the game. It was a bit like LOTR’s Witch King mode in that you sandbagged it for a multiball & still often unable to finish.

It’s nice all modes are consistent now in regards to no longer closing out after a drain. The partial hodgepodge of mode logic in place prior never did sit that well with me.

The game is getting REALLY good. Stern has been SLAYING the code on their titles lately.

#2215 5 years ago

I feel like I'm the only one that is glad Dream On isn't in the game. I'm a big Aerosmith fan, but I'm so sick of that song. The song selection is perfect. It has lots of hits. Sure, I'd love another song, but anything but Dream On, or Train Kept a Rollin. Skip that one too. How about Make It, Walkin the Dog, so many great tunes to choose from. Why pick the ones that have already been played to death?

#2216 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well sorry but we cant help you if your wife is a better pinball player than you are. You are on your own there Pal lol.

OK, likely wimpy compared to you guys but I got almost 190 mil on 2nd day. I'm sure the wifey will catch up soon. Time to look into the subwoofer threads...

#2217 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The new Spike games sound pretty good for stock machines. Separate bass and treble controls in the menu too.
Not quite the same level as Spooky machines though. They kick ass.
rd

Ugh, newbie here, so velvet gloves please . I just don't see the treble and bass adjustments in the 1.07 code. And I even look thru the manual so I don't have to nag you guys (and gals). Where is this magical adjustment located?

#2218 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I just don't see the treble and bass adjustments in the 1.07 code. And I even look thru the manual so I don't have to nag you guys (and gals). Where is this magical adjustment located?

Look on the UTILITIES menu. Should say “volume” there, from memory - that’s where everything is.

Quoted from Shredso:

I feel like I'm the only one that is glad Dream On isn't in the game. I'm a big Aerosmith fan, but I'm so sick of that song. The song selection is perfect. It has lots of hits. Sure, I'd love another song, but anything but Dream On, or Train Kept a Rollin. Skip that one too. How about Make It, Walkin the Dog, so many great tunes to choose from. Why pick the ones that have already been played to death?

Couldn’t agree more. No Dream On required.

So many rocking songs including the ones you’ve mentioned. Add to the list Draw the Line and Lord of the Thighs.

rd

#2219 5 years ago

Is this what the new code should look like on the USB?

15453106956361380572529412075703 (resized).jpg15453106956361380572529412075703 (resized).jpg
#2220 5 years ago

Would seem I dont need file 0?

20181220_075527 (resized).jpg20181220_075527 (resized).jpg
#2221 5 years ago

Started playing my LE again after updating it recently. Was planning on selling it a few months ago but ended up selling something else instead. Really glad I decided to hang onto this one as it's just a super solid game. There's nothing just mind blowing about it but it really doesn't do anything bad or have any big flaws. The latest update really helped to balance the modes and medley is now a blast and not just a never ending grind. Getting to it is a real reward now for having a good game. The multiballs are also a lot more balanced and fairly completable if you have a great ball. Last night I was only love in the elevator multiball completion from lighting the final wizard mode. The scoring now also really rewards you for trying to complete the modes and multiballs, there is a great building affect for the scoring that requires you to go through them for huge scores.

#2222 5 years ago

The otherside would be a good song for a wizard mode.

Dream on would be great for say a longer end of game song.

#2223 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Is this what the new code should look like on the USB?
[quoted image]

Yes, drag all three of those to your USB folder and drop them in it and the update should work. My update did freeze up on the first try and i turned the game off for about a minute and turned it back on and the update went through with no problems on the second try. I also did not have to unzip the files by the way.

#2224 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Look on the UTILITIES menu. Should say “volume” there, from memory - that’s where everything is...

Odd, I did find that, but it wouldn't let me adj anything except vol. I will revisit tonight.

#2225 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Odd, I did find that, but it wouldn't let me adj anything except vol. I will revisit tonight.

Found it! Thanks everyone. Thought the arrows adjusted the volume, not to scroll to other options.

#2226 5 years ago

oops..double post

#2227 5 years ago

So whats a good score on the new code? I'm getting to Medley with more frequency, probably every 5 games or so. Good games for me are in the 500mil range. Haven't been able to break a billion yet though. Had a few games right at 900mil but can't quite seem to get over the hump.

#2228 5 years ago

I just upgraded the code last night - first game was half of that @ 450M and that felt like a real solid game and score, but nowhere near 900M. New code installed with no issues.

#2229 5 years ago

Had a weird issue on my asle tonight. If I loaded a ball into the toybox, it would launch a new ball into play, I'd play a bit 15-30 seconds, and then it would dump the toy box ball back onto the playfield.

Almost like a 2 ball multiball, but nothing else was affected. Mode played normally (happened in multiple modes) and it happened in more than once and in more than one game.

When one drained, the game continued as normal, didn't end ball but also didn't kick out another ball.

Very odd.

#2230 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Had a weird issue on my asle tonight. If I loaded a ball into the toybox, it would launch a new ball into play, I'd play a bit 15-30 seconds, and then it would dump the toy box ball back onto the playfield.
Almost like a 2 ball multiball, but nothing else was affected. Mode played normally (happened in multiple modes) and it happened in more than once and in more than one game.
When one drained, the game continued as normal, didn't end ball but also didn't kick out another ball.
Very odd.

Check the connections on either side of the toy box. My leftmost one has come disconnected a couple times. When it does, it acts just as you describe.

#2231 5 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

Check the connections on either side of the toy box. My leftmost one has come disconnected a couple times. When it does, it acts just as you describe.

Also the 2x trough molex connectors.

Remove and reseat.

rd

#2232 5 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

Will have to check tomorrow when I'm back in the basement

#2233 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Also the 2x trough molex connectors.
Remove and reseat.
rd

Do you mean the trough under the apron? Or something else?

#2234 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Do you mean the trough under the apron? Or something else?

Yeah, the one up the front.

Very common issue for Sterns - those molexes work loose and the game keeps kicking out balls or doing funky stuff.

rd

#2235 5 years ago

Is the coil strength setting gone in the new update?

#2236 5 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

Check the connections on either side of the toy box. My leftmost one has come disconnected a couple times. When it does, it acts just as you describe

Yep. Same thing happened here. You'll be back to normal play in minutes.

#2237 5 years ago

Loaded the new software.

It seems like now I have to complete the timer on every song. Before I thought if the ball drained before the timer finished I could select a different song on ball plunge. Now it makes me stay on the same song.

Is there a setting I need to put back?

#2238 5 years ago

My Aerosmith Pro on first game the C I U works perfectly on all songs. Completing necessary shots set at one or two it will light. From then on at the start of every game Walk This Way and Dude Looks Like A Lady the scoop lights right away when selecting those two songs. Any thoughts? Code 1.06 is installed. I don't think it should light until necessary shots are completed. All others work that way.

#2239 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Loaded the new software.
It seems like now I have to complete the timer on every song. Before I thought if the ball drained before the timer finished I could select a different song on ball plunge. Now it makes me stay on the same song.
Is there a setting I need to put back?

I always thought the timer had to complete before a new song could be chosen, drain or no.

#2240 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

My Aerosmith Pro on first game the C I U works perfectly on all songs. Completing necessary shots set at one or two it will light. From then on at the start of every game Walk This Way and Dude Looks Like A Lady the scoop lights right away when selecting those two songs. Any thoughts? Code 1.06 is installed. I don't think it should light until necessary shots are completed. All others work that way.

FYI- 1.07 code is out.

#2241 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

FYI- 1.07 code is out.

I know about code 1.07 and have read over it but it doesn't address this specific problem. Was wondering if anyone has had this same issue and if the new code corrects it.

#2242 5 years ago

Regarding the callouts... I was messing with Pinball Browser the other day to switch out some songs with ones I liked better. I found a large amount of unused callouts that are in the code, but they are never used in the game. There had to be at least 50 and they were all super funny and some were better versions of exsisting callouts. You could change some of the ones on there with the unused ones, but I wish Stern could release another update with more of them added.

#2243 5 years ago

I just sold my 1975 Bally's Flicker. They came over to look at it Saturday night and play some pinball. It was going to be their first pinball. I delivered it today and after setting it up he said his wife wants him to get a Aerosmith also. Told him I'll call my distributor. Because your not getting mine. He said Sweet.

#2244 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I have a friend that bought a really nice AS pro with 143 plays on it. He's had it for about 2 weeks. Yesterday he was playing it and it Froze up. Then it wouldnt load at all. No lights and a blank screen. So I jumped in to try and help fix the problem. We got Stern on the phone and Chaz was a great help and totally patience with our questions. With Chaz on the phone we eliminated the problem being the power supply. I took the SD card and put it in mine and updated the code to the most recent. Went back to my friends house, put the SD card in and the game booted as normal. I played about 2 balls until it froze again. Pretty sure the problem is going to be his CPU board. My friend was calling Stern back for further instructions on what to do. Anyone seen this problem before?

UPDATE: My buddy had to buy and new CPU board from Stern...wasnt cheap. Stern said they couldnt fix the old board. That being said, he got the new board. I put it in and the backbox lights dont work. Anyone ever seen this before?

#2245 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

UPDATE: My buddy had to buy and new CPU board from Stern...wasnt cheap. Stern said they couldnt fix the old board. That being said, he got the new board. I put it in and the backbox lights dont work. Anyone ever seen this before?

How much was the board?

#2246 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

How much was the board?

Merry Christmas PW!

+1 for price please. Looks like we need a new CPU board for our Ghostbusters.

#2247 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

How much was the board?

My friend didnt tell me the price and I didnt ask. However I do know the price is somewhat negotiable. I think Stern will try and fix it first and if thats not possible then sell you a board. When I was on the phone with Chaz, he said they would work with my friend.

#2248 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

How much was the board?

I think they are around 600-650 dollars.

#2249 5 years ago

Why are new boards failing?

That’s weird

#2250 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Why are new boards failing?
That’s weird

Its not as uncommon as you would think for electronic parts to fail early.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 24.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.