Topic Stats

• 2,191 posts
  • 232 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by dogwith1eye
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 351 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3545 (resized).jpg
IMG_3539 (resized).jpg
IMG_3536 (resized).jpg
IMG_3537 (resized).jpg
IMG_3538 (resized).jpg
IMG_3541 (resized).jpg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpg
IMG_3542 (resized).jpg
9034E6FB-A8BE-4B08-8FEE-0E05DA3372B7 (resized).jpeg
15436348931696543446128826752243 (resized).jpg
49EC1BD3-93D8-4BE5-9106-0A75FA7BF513 (resized).jpeg
AS cards.pdf (PDF preview)
Capture2 (resized).JPG
Capture1 (resized).JPG
972E5ED8-BF05-4FFE-A9CF-1611F400509A (resized).jpeg
IMG_20181026_074749 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2191 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 44.
#2151 14 days ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Just fell into the club. Haven't read all this. What is everyone's thoughts on this bumper (currently removed)
Just finished cleaning and rebuilding the game and starting to play a bit. Thoughts?
[quoted image]

You mean thoughts on the post that is missing between the 2 pop bumpers? Some guys i think were taking those out but i left mine in and i would probably put it back in if i were you personally. To each their own though.

#2152 14 days ago

Yeah that's the one. It's not like twilight zone in that the bumper protects from "unfair" drains. It seems like with it out there is more action in and out of the pops. Haven't put a lot of time into playing in either configuration so I thought I would see what some y'all thought...

#2153 14 days ago

What’s market price for a NIB ASLE? I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on one and want to be sure I don’t overpay. BTW, I met Steven and Joe back in 2015. They still put on an amazing show

9034E6FB-A8BE-4B08-8FEE-0E05DA3372B7 (resized).jpeg

#2154 14 days ago

I have a friend that bought a really nice AS pro with 143 plays on it. He's had it for about 2 weeks. Yesterday he was playing it and it Froze up. Then it wouldnt load at all. No lights and a blank screen. So I jumped in to try and help fix the problem. We got Stern on the phone and Chaz was a great help and totally patience with our questions. With Chaz on the phone we eliminated the problem being the power supply. I took the SD card and put it in mine and updated the code to the most recent. Went back to my friends house, put the SD card in and the game booted as normal. I played about 2 balls until it froze again. Pretty sure the problem is going to be his CPU board. My friend was calling Stern back for further instructions on what to do. Anyone seen this problem before?

#2155 14 days ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I have a friend that bought a really nice AS pro with 143 plays on it. He's had it for about 2 weeks. Yesterday he was playing it and it Froze up. Then it wouldnt load at all. No lights and a blank screen. So I jumped in to try and help fix the problem. We got Stern on the phone and Chaz was a great help and totally patience with our questions. With Chaz on the phone we eliminated the problem being the power supply. I took the SD card and put it in mine and updated the code to the most recent. Went back to my friends house, put the SD card in and the game booted as normal. I played about 2 balls until it froze again. Pretty sure the problem is going to be his CPU board. My friend was calling Stern back for further instructions on what to do. Anyone seen this problem before?

Probably needs a new CPU like you said. The guys at Stern will get him fixed and running again in no time.

#2156 14 days ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Yeah that's the one. It's not like twilight zone in that the bumper protects from "unfair" drains. It seems like with it out there is more action in and out of the pops. Haven't put a lot of time into playing in either configuration so I thought I would see what some y'all thought...

I prefer the action better with it removed.

Btw, saw you lurkin this morning

#2157 11 days ago

HI,
I was wondering if there was any factory Modification to stop balls getting stuck on top of the plastics under the upper playfield on an Aerosmith Premium. This has happened about 5 times. When ball is on the upper playfield and it is hit into the Elevator to drop down to the Ball lock. It is deflected ontop of the plastics below the upper playfield. I had to remove the upper playfield to free the ball. This just happened again tonight.
Any Ideas?
Regards
Mario.

#2158 10 days ago

Is it just me or does the "hold the left flipper" for the super skill shot seem unnecessary?

I mean, you have to short plunge for both skill shots anyway, why make me hold the left flipper?

And while holding the left flipper the regular skill shot is still achievable.

Am I missing something? (other than remembering to hold the left flipper 90% of the time) :0

Cheers,

#2159 10 days ago
Quoted from c_mario:

HI,
I was wondering if there was any factory Modification to stop balls getting stuck on top of the plastics under the upper playfield on an Aerosmith Premium. This has happened about 5 times. When ball is on the upper playfield and it is hit into the Elevator to drop down to the Ball lock. It is deflected ontop of the plastics below the upper playfield. I had to remove the upper playfield to free the ball. This just happened again tonight.
Any Ideas?
Regards
Mario.

I have one stuck up there too, Ended up just adding another ball so I didn’t have to take it apart.

#2160 10 days ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

Is it just me or does the "hold the left flipper" for the super skill shot seem unnecessary?
I mean, you have to short plunge for both skill shots anyway, why make me hold the left flipper?
And while holding the left flipper the regular skill shot is still achievable.
Am I missing something? (other than remembering to hold the left flipper 90% of the time) :0
Cheers,

What is the super skill shot?

#2161 10 days ago

Does anyone think that there will be any more game changing updates up to say 1.5 or 1.6. Or is the current update the end of the line?

#2162 10 days ago
Quoted from pinden007:

What is the super skill shot?

http://tiltforums.com/t/aerosmith-rulesheet/2499

Hold the left flipper and short plunge so the ball falls to the right flipper. One of three shots will light - shoot the lit shot to score a Super Skill Shot worth (?) points and 2 Smart Missiles.

#2163 10 days ago

Is there a way to tweak the kickout of the elevator scoop? A lot of times it goes sdtm with the machine level. It seems that that scoop is screwed out really tight - 1 screw from the bottom and 2 from the top.

#2164 9 days ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Is there a way to tweak the kickout of the elevator scoop? A lot of times it goes sdtm with the machine level. It seems that that scoop is screwed out really tight - 1 screw from the bottom and 2 from the top.

Mine did the same until I increased the power in the menu. It still isn't consistent but the ball hits enough of the left flipper that it is usually savable.

#2165 9 days ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Mine did the same until I increased the power in the menu. It still isn't consistent but the ball hits enough of the left flipper that it is usually savable.

Yea that is probably what I should to do. It's more frustrating during MB when you're not necessarily watching the kick out from the elevator and you keep losing balls you shouldn't. I didn't bump the ball save up to 5 seconds after the kickout but I don't think that helps during MB.

#2166 9 days ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Yea that is probably what I should to do. It's more frustrating during MB when you're not necessarily watching the kick out from the elevator and you keep losing balls you shouldn't. I didn't bump the ball save up to 5 seconds after the kickout but I don't think that helps during MB.

I stuck a piece of ball dead drop foam on the inside of my scoop and that helped out a little. I also increased the ball save time on that kick out a little in case it shoots it SDTM.

#2167 8 days ago

Joined the club today. Haven't even played the game yet, need to upgrade the code from the v1.02 that's loaded on it. Such a pretty game, definitely a keeper!

IMG_3536 (resized).jpgIMG_3537 (resized).jpgIMG_3538 (resized).jpgIMG_3539 (resized).jpgIMG_3541 (resized).jpgIMG_3542 (resized).jpgIMG_3543 (resized).jpgIMG_3545 (resized).jpg
#2168 8 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Joined the club today. Haven't even played the game yet, need to upgrade the code from the v1.02 that's loaded on it. Such a pretty game, definitely a keeper!

Congrats! You're going to love it, its a fun game.

#2169 8 days ago

Congrats. Someday I’m going to have to get one of these. Enjoy

#2170 7 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Joined the club today. Haven't even played the game yet, need to upgrade the code from the v1.02 that's loaded on it. Such a pretty game, definitely a keeper![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats, welcome to the club.... but your calendar is out of date

#2171 7 days ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

http://tiltforums.com/t/aerosmith-rulesheet/2499
Hold the left flipper and short plunge so the ball falls to the right flipper. One of three shots will light - shoot the lit shot to score a Super Skill Shot worth (?) points and 2 Smart Missiles.

This is proving difficult because on a short plunge, the ball hits the top of the right sling and most times never makes it down to the flippers before it hits something to end the skill shot.

#2172 7 days ago
Quoted from pinden007:

This is proving difficult because on a short plunge, the ball hits the top of the right sling and most times never makes it down to the flippers before it hits something to end the skill shot.

You probably have to skillfully whap the right side of the cabinet at just the right time to guide the ball to that flipper without hitting switches. I’m going to go try it now that I know about it.

#2173 3 days ago

New Aerosmith Code V1.07!

#2174 3 days ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Out of the Blue.

V1.07.0 - December 11, 2018
=======================

- Added game logic and an adjustment to make Sweet Emotion easier to finish,
default = EASY. Now, upon timing out, the mode preserves it's progress.
Previously (and now the HARD setting) the mode resets it's progress.
- Added the virtual locks adjustment to the "Install Competition" menu.
- Changed the behavior of 3 modes, i.e. Back in the Saddle, Rats in the Cellar
and Walk this Way. Now these modes will count down and time out if not completed.
- Added game logic and an adjustment to change the difficulty of advancing
towards Medley Multiball. Previously Medley Multiball was advanced by making
1 shot during each mode/multiball. Now, with the "SHOTS NEEDED TO QUALIFY MEDLEY MULTIBALL"
adjustment, the game can be adjusted to require more shots to advance to this
wizard mode feature. Default = 1 shot.
- Removed an unused Medley Multiball adjustment.
- Added a Virtual Locks adjustment to virtually lock balls in the Toy Box.
Default = NO. Now tournament directors can add this adjustment change to
make their tournament games more deterministic.
- Added a Trough Eject Power adjustment.

- Update to nodeboard firmware v0.28.0
- Added LIFETIME count to Standard Audit #16 "Total Plays".
- Added JAPAN_3 Coinage 1/YEN 200.
- Added UTIL->VOL adjustments for minimum and maximum master volume level and
minimum and maximum headphones volume level. This will limit the selectable
volume range from the service menu Plus and Minus keys and the headphones
rotary dial.
- Added support for 6th coin switch.
- When entering UTIL->VOL, the first sub-menu adjustment is selected, previous
behavior would select the last displayed sub-menu adjustment.
- Added Standard Adjustment "START GAME ON CREDIT". Settings are:
"OFF" - Do not automatically start a game or add a player when inserted money registers a credit
"FIRST ONLY" - Automatically start a game when inserted money registers a credit
"ALL CREDITS" - Automatically start a game or add a player when inserted money registers a credit
Adding multiple credits simultaneously, via a bill acceptor, will only start
a one player game or add a single player.
Default setting is "OFF"
- Removed unused obsolete Standard Adjustments: "FLASH LAMP POWER", "COIL PULSE POWER",
"BILL VALIDATOR", "TEAM SCORES", and "CONSOLATION BALL".

#2175 3 days ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

"Say Whaaaaat?"

#2176 3 days ago

Added LIFETIME count to Standard Audit #16 "Total Plays"

I hope this is what I'm thinking. No more for sale only has 448 plays. I can put that many play on in a weekend if it's raining and the coolers full.

#2177 2 days ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Added a Trough Eject Power adjustment.

Love it!

#2178 2 days ago

Awesome news, i love this game!

#2179 2 days ago

Thanks stern

#2180 2 days ago

I wish they incorporated 'Dream On' into this game. Perhaps the song could be unlocked after completing Final Tour as a reward, sort of like EOTL on Metallica. Maybe in a future code update...this is such a fun addictive game!

#2181 2 days ago

Any reason why the code update would put the system into Spanish? Installing 1.07 and I've plugged in different USBs and they all start the system update in Spanish.

#2182 2 days ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Any reason why the code update would put the system into Spanish? Installing 1.07 and I've plugged in different USBs and they all start the system update in Spanish.

Did you let it complete? Was it still in Spanish after the reboot? Mine displayed a few lines in a foreign language (I didn't look carefully enough to see if it was Spanish or something else) but once the update finished and I rebooted it, all was back to English again.

Kevin

#2183 2 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I wish they incorporated 'Dream On' into this game. Perhaps the song could be unlocked after completing Final Tour as a reward, sort of like EOTL on Metallica. Maybe in a future code update...this is such a fun addictive game!

I agree only thing the game needs is that song whethervtied to a wizard mode, ciu scoop or at minimum game over song that plays for a bit.

#2184 2 days ago
Quoted from Kevkat:

Did you let it complete? Was it still in Spanish after the reboot? Mine displayed a few lines in a foreign language (I didn't look carefully enough to see if it was Spanish or something else) but once the update finished and I rebooted it, all was back to English again.
Kevin

When I start the game up to do the new software it comes up automatically in Spanish. Saw the same on my Dads Batman 66 Premium. The other issue im having is the software update freezing. I checked and my USB is definitely formatted right and I've tried both USB slots.

#2185 2 days ago
Quoted from drewski28:

When I start the game up to do the new software it comes up automatically in Spanish. Saw the same on my Dads Batman 66 Premium. The other issue im having is the software update freezing. I checked and my USB is definitely formatted right and I've tried both USB slots.

Probably just an oddity with the old 1.06 software then. I thought it odd too but didn't give it another thought after the update completed.

Quoted from drewski28:

The other issue im having is the software update freezing. I checked and my USB is definitely formatted right and I've tried both USB slots.

Sounds to me like corruption on the USB stick. I had this happen on Aerosmith when I updated to 1.06 - I ended up doing a full format (FAT32) and re-unzipping the download, first to my hard drive and then copied from the hard drive to the USB. It did a full update because the previous one was interrupted, so it took a lot longer to do but it did complete. I used the same stick (I did not need to reformat it this time) to go to 1.07 and didn't have any problems.

I know you said you know your USB stick is formatted right, but is it freshly formatted?

Kevin

#2186 2 days ago
Quoted from Kevkat:

Probably just an oddity with the old 1.06 software then. I thought it odd too but didn't give it another thought after the update completed.

Sounds to me like corruption on the USB stick. I had this happen on Aerosmith when I updated to 1.06 - I ended up doing a full format (FAT32) and re-unzipping the download, first to my hard drive and then copied from the hard drive to the USB. It did a full update because the previous one was interrupted, so it took a lot longer to do but it did complete. I used the same stick (I did not need to reformat it this time) to go to 1.07 and didn't have any problems.
I know you said you know your USB stick is formatted right, but is it freshly formatted?
Kevin

That was my next step! A little google got me on the right path and showed me that simply deleting files from a USB really doesn't delete them so I went in and did a full erase and reformat. Waiting for everything to transfer now and hopefully it goes well. Thanks for the assistance!

#2187 2 days ago
Quoted from Kevkat:

Kevin

So the weirdest thing, I never successfully completed to 1.07 update to the point where it says "update successful...". But after my 7th attempt at updating I just restarted the game and it did the node update followed by running the game and showing on 1.07. Should I proceed as normal or keep trying until I get to that final screen?

#2188 2 days ago
Quoted from drewski28:

So the weirdest thing, I never successfully completed to 1.07 update to the point where it says "update successful...". But after my 7th attempt at updating I just restarted the game and it did the node update followed by running the game and showing on 1.07. Should I proceed as normal or keep trying until I get to that final screen?

Not sure. I'm guessing the update is incomplete but I don't know. I'd take another look at the readme file and see if all the updates are there (see if the new settings are present and if they actually do anything), play a few games and nothing seems corrupted, just call it good. I'm torn between "it probably isn't correct" and "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Kevin

#2189 2 days ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Is there a way to tweak the kickout of the elevator scoop?

Quoted from Spiderpin:

- Added a Trough Eject Power adjustment.

There you go, pinden007 . The latest code has added an adjustment to hopefully stop those SDTM elevator trough ejects.

#2190 1 day ago

Is there a setting in the game to turn down the flipper strength other than the setting for the overall coil strength? I've got the coil strength set to low, but everything is still really strong. Half of my shots to the elevator (it's a pro) don't stick, they end up coming out the top. The level bubble is right in the middle, maybe I should increase the pitch but I'd just like to calm everything down a bit.

#2191 23 hours ago

Just got the 1.07 code installed, and as with the other updates, really adds to an already rockin' game. Obviously, the big difference is the consistency between songs now. No more cranking up Rats/Walk/Saddle, draining, then the song ending as complete, stupid!

Now all the songs behave the same, including Sweet Emotion. Basically, you gotta hit all the shots to finish the mode, and each mode remembers where you're at when you start it again. Simple! Makes it fun to casually shoot through songs while jammin' out to Aerosmith. Love it!

Don't really understand the hate on this site for 'Roppy'. Guess people resent other people's games getting better and better with each new code update

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Sale Pending!
West Chicago, IL
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
$ 24.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
4,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, MA
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 2191 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 44.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside