20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 82.
#2101 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Stern posted on IG they’re finishing up the final run on AS

Already? Must not be selling very well?

#2102 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not terribly surprising - it's been out for almost 2 years already, and they have several other new hot selling games... Can't be efficient to be in production on that many different titles.

#2103 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah that was a short run for sure. Damn short. Like 18 mos?

We lucked out big time they finished coding (polishing) it. I won’t tempt fate like that again. Too many other folks have been waiting longer for their game’s overdue update. Shit, I almost feel guilty we all made off so well. Almost like a survivors guilt lol.

On the flip side though I’m really glad Stern finished it & I’m glad I bought one. I think it’s gained “keeper” status for me. It contrasts my current line up so well.

#2104 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Yeah that was a short run for sure. Damn short. Like 18 mos?
We lucked out big time they finished coding (polishing) it. I won’t tempt fate like that again. Too many other folks have been waiting longer for their game’s overdue update. Shit, I almost feel guilty we all made off so well. Almost like a survivors guilt lol.
On the flip side though I’m really glad Stern finished it & I’m glad I bought one. I think it’s gained “keeper” status for me. It contrasts my current line up so well.

Heck yeah, AS is good fun and im glad that i got one too. It may not be the best game ever made but its great fun for sure.

#2105 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Powder coated my pro...Color is phase blue.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

the blue side armor & legs looks awesome! Good choice. I believe AS is still one of the most visually stunning pins out there.

#2106 5 years ago

I’m not sure I would trade my as premium for any other premium title out, yet anyway

#2107 5 years ago
Quoted from Bigbad:

I’m not sure I would trade my as premium for any other premium title out, yet anyway

You should keep AS and let HS go. I have room for it and will wax and shop it, plus give it a good home.

#2108 5 years ago

Joined the club last weekend! What a great and challenging game. Beautiful art and the layout makes for engaging combos. Thought I’d get Medley fairly easily but having set the Toy Box locks to “hard mode” it has been TOUGH! Loving it!

E812CB48-5FA0-42F0-BF76-B52D72C55F69 (resized).jpegE812CB48-5FA0-42F0-BF76-B52D72C55F69 (resized).jpeg
#2109 5 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

Joined the club last weekend! What a great and challenging game. Beautiful art and the layout makes for engaging combos. Thought I’d get Medley fairly easily but having set the Toy Box locks to “hard mode” it has been TOUGH! Loving it!
[quoted image]

Looking go, you'll enjoy it that's for sure. Is that a sub connected to it. If so "CRANK IT UP"

#2110 5 years ago

Don't forget to update your collection0

#2111 5 years ago

Picked up a few mods from modfather, nice stuff. Don't ask me what the skateboard has to do with Aerosmith, but it is on the plastic.

IMG_20181026_074749 (resized).jpgIMG_20181026_074749 (resized).jpgIMG_20181026_074820 (resized).jpgIMG_20181026_074820 (resized).jpgIMG_20181026_074837 (resized).jpgIMG_20181026_074837 (resized).jpg
#2112 5 years ago
Quoted from ktuhde:

I'm having a flipper problem. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
I am having random(kind of) flipper lag. Here are the details. Aerosmith Pro. I have had it for 9 months and never had this issue until recently. I do have BriteButtons that have always worked fine. Only happening on the Right Flipper. Only happening during multiball. Not sure if it is a coincidence or not, but it started after the update.
I looked to see if there were any obvious disconnections or obstructions and don't see anything.
Does it sound like a software or hardware issue? Any suggestions on how to narrow it down or fix it?
Should I leave this post in the Aerosmith group or make it a separate post? I am putting it in the Aerosmith group because I thought if its somehow related to the update others might be experiencing the same thing.
Thanks,
Kevin

Thanks for replies with some ideas of what to look for. Since I was only having the issue on the right side I tried to compared everything on the left side vs. right side to see if anything looked different. I found that the straight piece of metal on the contact switch that the flipper button hits seemed to have almost a burr on the metal on the right side and it’s was perfect on the left side. So I just used some 1000 grit sandpaper to lightly sand it. Seems to have fixed the problem because I haven’t had the issue anymore.

Is there something that would cause the contact on the switch to go bad or be so much worse on one side compared to the other?

972E5ED8-BF05-4FFE-A9CF-1611F400509A (resized).jpeg972E5ED8-BF05-4FFE-A9CF-1611F400509A (resized).jpeg
#2113 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Picked up a few mods from modfather, nice stuff. Don't ask me what the skateboard has to do with Aerosmith, but it is on the plastic.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I thought the same thing at first about the skateboard, but I think it’s one of the toys that goes in the box? Still nothing to do with AS unless Steven Tyler shreds on the weekends!

#2114 5 years ago

My AS pro is a keeper. Been a year and 1200 plays, love the newer code.

#2115 5 years ago

Aerosmith pro was a hit at last weekends Southern Hemisphere Pinball Champs. Got heaps of plays and positive comments.

Remembering that most people haven’t played it much here - there’s my pro, a pro out on location somewhere, and a premium in a house down in Wellington. I think that’s it, 3 in the whole country.

The tournament was Pinburgh style, I had set up 20 banks of 3 games.

I was top qualifier so I got to “drive the bus” for my finals - and my choice every bank was Aerosmith, Addams and Centaur.

This treated me well for my 3 first finals games, Centaur first, win that, and then AS, which I got 200m+ 3 games in a row. Nice.

Into the grand final with the ex #1 from Australia, he beat me 960k to 940k on Centaur and then got 180m first ball on AS. I couldn’t get my 5/6 ball MB started that I needed to catch him - had 4 balls locked but really needed 5/6 to get the points I needed. I lit the 6th lock and the magnet flung it SDTM at such speed it hit the arch with a big WHACK! Haha

So I lost and came 2nd.

But Aerosmith was the winner on the day!

rd

#2116 5 years ago

Just joined this week. Looking forward to installing the new code

#2117 5 years ago

Btw...the 10” polk sub really helps this game.

1 week later
#2118 5 years ago

I finally got around to installing the Pinball Life shaker that I picked up at their Expo side party for my AS. I wasn't expecting much as people have said that it is hardly used. The default setting of it being highly integrated makes it go off where/when I would expect it to, so that is better than people led me to believe. I don't care for super intense levels for the shakers on some pins, but even with that said, it seemed a notch or two weak. Maybe the Pinball Life shaker is a little weaker or I have to find the shaker intensity setting. Is it a "game changer" must have mod? Not really. It is good that now there is a little shake during the jacky toybox shaking as the intro to a toybox multiball - probably the best use moment for the shaker in this game. If this pin is going to be a long time keeper for you and you like shakers, don't let the other guys steer you away from it, but wait to get one on sale - maybe a black Friday sale somewhere. Just my opinion.

#2119 5 years ago

So in a smaller collection (7-10 pins) is Aerosmith too similar to Kiss to own both? I already have a Kiss LE and have the opportunity to buy a really nice Aero LE but maybe not if they shoot the exact same?

#2120 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

is Aerosmith too similar to Kiss to own both?

No. I have the LE of each right next to each other. They play completely differently. Never once had anyone say they play the same either. Go for it.

#2121 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So in a smaller collection (7-10 pins) is Aerosmith too similar to Kiss to own both? I already have a Kiss LE and have the opportunity to buy a really nice Aero LE but maybe not if they shoot the exact same?

The software is different, but the playfield shoots almost EXACTLY the same. Toybox=starchild area, left/right orbit same, center ramp=same, right ramp to upper area=ramp around gene head, jacky catapult shot=gene head lock. The only two differences (and there are only two) is the entrance to the left orbit where the crank-it-up scoop is moved to the left side and two standup targets are on the right, and the elevator shot.

The software has KISS as its base (the first release had a KISS adjustment still in the system settings menu), but was customized to become its own thing and feel similar to KISS but not exactly the same.

#2122 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So in a smaller collection (7-10 pins) is Aerosmith too similar to Kiss to own both?

I would say no. I have AS but i dont have KISS. I have however played KISS quite a bit and i really like it and wouldnt mind having one. They are definitely similar but i don't really think that they feel that similar at all.

I have one buddy who kind of laughs at me about owning and liking AS but i don't care because AS is just flat out fun and i enjoy the hell out of it. I wont guarantee its bolted to my floor forever but it sure would be hard for me to get rid of it i can tell you that much. AS is also always a favorite when people come over, especially to new players. Its just fun.

#2123 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I own AS and have played KISS extensively at league. They have a similar layout but the shots are very different save for the center shot. Even the orbits are slightly different. And the Starchild shot is one of the tightest shots in pinball!

#2124 5 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

I own AS and have played KISS extensively at league. They have a similar layout but the shots are very different save for the center shot. Even the orbits are slightly different. And the Starchild shot is one of the tightest shots in pinball!

I will say that the right ramp shot is MUCH easier on Aerosmith than the right ramp shot on KISS. 100% confirmed. That KISS ramp is sadistic.

#2125 5 years ago

Anyone want to trade me their Aerosmith Prem or LE for my Kiss LE?

#2126 5 years ago

I have both AS and Kiss premium. The layouts are the same but they sure don’t play the same.

#2127 5 years ago

I just got a pro this week, what’s up with adult mode, mine is on but I hadn’t heard any adult content.

#2128 5 years ago
Quoted from rjdunn:

I just got a pro this week, what’s up with adult mode, mine is on but I hadn’t heard any adult content.

Jackie will sometimes drop a "What the ****?!!!" when you hit him in the face. It's rather infrequent.

#2129 5 years ago

That’s more like PG-13 lol

#2130 5 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Jackie will sometimes drop a "What the ****?!!!"

Pretty funny when you hear it...

#2131 5 years ago

New code is way better than the old one. Been playing it more now than when it was brand new!
Still could use some attract mode call outs though...

#2132 5 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

New code is way better than the old one. Been playing it more now than when it was brand new!
Still could use some attract mode call outs though...

This game is legit and a ton of fun!

#2133 5 years ago

i didn't really see any apron cards so I made my own. Free to all. Should be sized correctly in the PDF.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pOoyn8kBKVMsPUivN1XstiSBgpRADU3C/view?usp=sharing

Capture1 (resized).JPGCapture1 (resized).JPGCapture2 (resized).JPGCapture2 (resized).JPG
#2134 5 years ago

Some others, which I found on pinside at some point.

AS cards.pdfAS cards.pdf
#2135 5 years ago

I just picked up an Aerosmith Pro last night. After a couple games the toy box started acting up. When a ball is thrown into the box the lid stays open and after a few seconds the ball search fires up and the ball is released out of the box. Are there optos in the box that register when a ball is thrown into the box? If so, is it probably just an alignment issue? Thought I’d ask before I start tearing things apart. Thanks

#2136 5 years ago

Is it true a lot of owners are having issue with node board with this pin?

#2137 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Make sure that the pin has had the two Stern service bulletins applied to it to add the capacitors and you would be less likely to have the node board issues.

#2138 5 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

I just picked up an Aerosmith Pro last night. After a couple games the toy box started acting up. When a ball is thrown into the box the lid stays open and after a few seconds the ball search fires up and the ball is released out of the box. Are there optos in the box that register when a ball is thrown into the box? If so, is it probably just an alignment issue? Thought I’d ask before I start tearing things apart. Thanks

There are optos on each side of the toy box. You have to lift playfield and check the connectors on the left and right side. They do come lose and will completely disconnected especially the left side.

#2139 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

There are optos on each side of the toy box. You have to lift playfield and check the connectors on the left and right side. They do come lose and will completely disconnected especially the left side.

Great, thanks Moeman. I’ll take a look and hopefully that’s all there is to it.

#2140 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Not to my knowledge.

#2141 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Make sure that the pin has had the two Stern service bulletins applied to it to add the capacitors and you would be less likely to have the node board issues.

Later manufacturing runs already have the capacitors installed. The other update involves the tie downs to keep vibrations from breaking the diode leads. Mine had the capacitors but had to install the tie downs.

#2142 5 years ago

I like the pin I think it would be a lot better if it had Steven Tyler doing some of the call outs and when you have in adult mode it had more adult language other than that it’s a keeper for me. Hopefully they’ll do a coat update and polished this code it’s pretty solid now but it could be so much better.

#2143 5 years ago
Quoted from rjdunn:

I like the pin I think it would be a lot better if it had Steven Tyler doing some of the call outs and when you have in adult mode it had more adult language other than that it’s a keeper for me. Hopefully they’ll do a coat update and polished this code it’s pretty solid now but it could be so much better.

They just did a code update and it is very very good right now. I would imagine that the code is considered done on AS.

#2144 5 years ago

Not done without Steven Tyler call outs.

#2145 5 years ago

But my bet is they’ll do one more code release at some point. I don’t think they have done the last run as of yet.

#2146 5 years ago
Quoted from rjdunn:

But my bet is they’ll do one more code release at some point. I don’t think they have done the last run as of yet.

Im pretty sure that they announced the end of AS not long ago. It wasn't run for the typical 3 years like most games. Im not saying that they wont do another code update but i highly doubt that they will because the last update that they did was a really nice update and they exceeded everyone's expectations. Just make sure you have the latest update on your game right now because the game is fantastic now.

#2147 5 years ago
Quoted from rjdunn:

FYI. There are a surprising amount of people that do not like the adult language. It does not bother me, we have this feature turned on, on all our games. When this feature is turned off, the swear words are bleeped out and the bleep sounds horrible.

#2148 5 years ago

The most recent code update definitely seems to have some score unbalancing...

This game included a 250 million Melody, a 1.6 billion Final Tour, and a 700 million Elevator super.

This game is still a ton of fun, but I would still like to see some more use of the upper playfield and add side modes or multiballs, since everything else about the game is awesome.

It didn’t happen in this game, but has anybody had Melody Multiball glitch where it awards the same song bonus multiple times and only lets you play one of the songs you have left to complete before prematurely ending? Not sure what I did but it happened 2x in a row. Hoping for another update down the line to bring it to A+ status.

49EC1BD3-93D8-4BE5-9106-0A75FA7BF513 (resized).jpeg49EC1BD3-93D8-4BE5-9106-0A75FA7BF513 (resized).jpeg
#2149 5 years ago

bravo !

1 week later
#2150 5 years ago

Just fell into the club. Haven't read all this. What is everyone's thoughts on this bumper (currently removed)

Just finished cleaning and rebuilding the game and starting to play a bit. Thoughts?

15436348931696543446128826752243 (resized).jpg15436348931696543446128826752243 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.75
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/43?hl=maclean and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.