20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 82.
#2051 5 years ago

I'm introducing a new line of powder coated metal toppers, including Aerosmith, which can be found in my Pinside shop or through Mezelmods. $125 plus shipping. Add an RGB lighting topper kit from Mezelmods for added effect (GOTG pictured as an example). I think the topper kits are around $35.
Aerosmith Silhouette Topper (resized).jpgAerosmith Silhouette Topper (resized).jpgGOTG Silhouette Topper RGB Example (resized).jpgGOTG Silhouette Topper RGB Example (resized).jpg

#2052 5 years ago

A few months ago I broke my hand and had a few days off work, So I had a couple of drinks and dug out my GoPro and stuck it above the trough with some double sided tape. Here's a quick video of some "flipper cam" action being played by a pretty drunken me with a wonky hand. (I know, I'm playing like shit, don't worry about it)

#2053 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I swear this fcker plays faster, louder, brighter & better now since the update.

No doubt! My toy box seems to be more accurate now. Who knows wtf

#2054 5 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

A few months ago I broke my hand and had a few days off work, So I had a couple of drinks and dug out my GoPro and stuck it above the trough with some double sided tape. Here's a quick video of some "flipper cam" action being played by a pretty drunken me with a wonky hand. (I know, I'm playing like shit, don't worry about it)

So..... That's life under the glass. So much going on.

#2055 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Your balls might be magnatized.

Replaced the balls with new ones and that took care of the problem--they were magnetized. Now only one kicks out of the trough at a time. Thanks for the tip. The new code really kicks butt.

#2056 5 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Replaced the balls with new ones and that took care of the problem--they were magnetized. Now only one kicks out of the trough at a time. Thanks for the tip. The new code really kicks butt.

Glad that fixed your game and you are right, the new code really made this game worthy of owning. It's alot of fun for sure!

#2057 5 years ago

I'm having a flipper problem. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

I am having random(kind of) flipper lag. Here are the details. Aerosmith Pro. I have had it for 9 months and never had this issue until recently. I do have BriteButtons that have always worked fine. Only happening on the Right Flipper. Only happening during multiball. Not sure if it is a coincidence or not, but it started after the update.

I looked to see if there were any obvious disconnections or obstructions and don't see anything.

Does it sound like a software or hardware issue? Any suggestions on how to narrow it down or fix it?

Should I leave this post in the Aerosmith group or make it a separate post? I am putting it in the Aerosmith group because I thought if its somehow related to the update others might be experiencing the same thing.

Thanks,
Kevin

#2058 5 years ago

I just had a great game of Aerosmith pro with extra balls off. I made it to final tour and completed It i also had a love in the elevator multiball where I collected a 237 million super jackpot.

IMG_20180922_150554512_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20180922_150554512_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20180922_150558234_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20180922_150558234_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20180922_150600197_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20180922_150600197_HDR (resized).jpg
#2059 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I just had a great game of Aerosmith pro with extra balls off. I made it to final tour and completed It i also had a love in the elevator multiball where I collected a 237 million super jackpot.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great score! Not sure what it is about this game but it sure is an enjoyable shooter that is very addicting. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say with this new code it's better than Metallica.

#2060 5 years ago

Anyone looking to sell a pro, please contact me. Huo, local purchase only please.

Great score AK! Looks like you are ready for it in tournament play.

#2061 5 years ago
Quoted from ktuhde:

I am having random(kind of) flipper lag. Here are the details. Aerosmith Pro. I have had it for 9 months and never had this issue until recently. I do have BriteButtons that have always worked fine. Only happening on the Right Flipper. Only happening during multiball. Not sure if it is a coincidence or not, but it started after the update.
I looked to see if there were any obvious disconnections or obstructions and don't see anything.
Does it sound like a software or hardware issue? Any suggestions on how to narrow it down or fix it?
Should I leave this post in the Aerosmith group or make it a separate post? I am putting it in the Aerosmith group because I thought if its somehow related to the update others might be experiencing the same thing.
Thanks,
Kevin

Very unlikely to be software or others would be seeing the same thing. Check your flipper button switch, especially if it’s modded.

#2062 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn Son! You’re a Beast!!!

#2063 5 years ago
Quoted from ktuhde:

Thanks,
Kevin

To get max exposure I'd make a separate post + leave this one here. Crossposting is no big deal on Pinside, in fact its all we do here.

Your problem sure does sound like a flipper button switch gap issue but the other parameters sure do not align with that theory.

Have you tried to close/open the switch gaps?

I'd call Stern on Monday if the issue remains.

#2064 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Anyone looking to sell a pro, please contact me. Huo, local purchase only please.

I just drove 180 miles oneway to pick up a GoTLE. 250 miles oneway is local to me.

#2065 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I just drove 180 miles oneway to pick up a GoTLE. 250 miles oneway is local to me.

Yikes, I’m thinking 60 miles max one way. Just don’t have the time to drive hours and hours.

#2066 5 years ago
Quoted from ktuhde:

Thanks,
Kevin

I'm far from an expert, but I'm thinking it could be a leaky flipper coil diode representing itself when the coil is superheated, as during a multiball. If you're able to solder and know how to interpret which wires go to which lugs, you could either put in a new coil and see if that solves the problem or switch the two coils and see if the problem transfers. Again, I'm no expert, but I've run into this issue before on other games, and a new coil fixed the issue. Hope that helps.

#2067 5 years ago

BTW, for the record I should note that I've also experienced this same problem--a lagging right flipper during multiball on a BriteButtons modded game--but on a GB. It's not my machine so I can't troubleshoot it, but I just thought I'd not that. It makes me wonder if the BriteButtons mod have anything to do with it.

#2068 5 years ago

I guess I still have this problem. I updated to the new code and hoped that would fix this but it just did it again. So far it hasn’t been often but I don’t know what is causing it. Does this happen to any of your machines where the screen goes blank or the animation of the band freezes? The game still plays fine during this glitch but no band animations though you still have the other animations. It was mentioned before that if you push certain buttons during the start of a game it can cause weird issues. I guess the new update didn’t address it. Just wondering if this is much of a known issue.

24E88C4E-BEDB-48E2-AE69-837F36F25B4E (resized).jpeg24E88C4E-BEDB-48E2-AE69-837F36F25B4E (resized).jpeg
#2069 5 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

I guess I still have this problem. I updated to the new code and hoped that would fix this but it just did it again. So far it hasn’t been often but I don’t know what is causing it. Does this happen to any of your machines where the screen goes blank or the animation of the band freezes? The game still plays fine during this glitch but no band animations though you still have the other animations. It was mentioned before that if you push certain buttons during the start of a game it can cause weird issues. I guess the new update didn’t address it. Just wondering if this is much of a known issue.

You mean that eerie still shot of a couple playing pinball in their living room? No, I don't have that. (Sorry--couldn't resist).

Seriously, I have never seen this problem of a totally blank screen. Hope it gets figured out.

#2070 5 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

[quoted image]

You could start by doing a full code update instead of the quick update. Check all your connections in the back box are seated correctly. If still no go email Stern and go from there.

Good Luck!

#2071 5 years ago

Did the full update. I'll check connections again but I think their fine. I'll get with Stern and see if they know about this.

#2072 5 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

Did the full update. I'll check connections again but I think their fine. I'll get with Stern and see if they know about this.

Our machine definitely does not do that. I am sure Stern will lead you in the correct direction.

#2073 5 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

[quoted image]

Try making more Sweet Emotion shots you only have 2 second left and 8 shots to make. Give the Band something to come on stage. Looks like they will stay backstage in that " mode"

#2074 5 years ago

I think you kinda lost me there. Are thinking that this might be normal? I can't imagine so. It doesn't look like something it should be doing and no one else has mentioned seeing this so far. This is puzzling but haven't contacted Stern yet maybe they have seen this before. I hope so.

#2075 5 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

Did you download the correct code. Pro code vs Premium code. I'm sure you did. You have the border but no video. Very strange.

#2076 5 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

I think you kinda lost me there. Are thinking that this might be normal? I can't imagine so. It doesn't look like something it should be doing and no one else has mentioned seeing this so far. This is puzzling but haven't contacted Stern yet maybe they have seen this before. I hope so.

For faster responce don't email Stern. Call 1-800-KICKERS
Have game serial # ready

#2077 5 years ago
Quoted from ktuhde:

Thanks,
Kevin

Check your EOS switch. KISS and some other Spike have the same issue if the EOS isn't adjusted right. Compare the right gap to the left one and make the right match the left.

#2078 5 years ago
Quoted from ktuhde:

Thanks,
Kevin

Also make sure you can slip a credit card under flipper on top of playfield. I had an issue where flipper was way too tight to playfield.

#2079 5 years ago

Am really enjoying the way this game makes you think, especially the further you get into it. What mode do you go for next, how many balls do you risk for toy box, combining the multiballs with what modes you have left, what super modes come from those modes once finished, where to put a shot multiplier, toy box playfield multipliers. Plus the general difficulty of it (damn you left outlane of doom!) means any best laid plan can go wrong at any second.

#2080 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say with this new code it's better than Metallica.

Uh.... let's not get ridiculous.

#2081 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Uh.... let's not get ridiculous.

I have them both and prior to the new code I wouldn’t have said this but AS is pretty damn good now.

#2082 5 years ago
Quoted from windoesnot:

Am really enjoying the way this game makes you think, especially the further you get into it

Yep. That’s why I’ve always liked it (and Kiss before it) because I think they’re good players games. Do they have 1200 different characters and 200 different modes?

No. Thank goodness.

New code has upped the game too. Though I gotta laugh when I see “the game is totally different!” It’s not really. It’s 90% the same as before with some nice cream on the top to finish it all off.

rd

#2083 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

New code has upped the game too. Though I gotta laugh when I see “the game is totally different!” It’s not really. It’s 90% the same as before with some nice cream on the top to finish it all off.

Agree with this totally. They just polished up an already great game, gave us a few nice little extras and made it a very solid and fun game worthy of owning.

#2084 5 years ago

I had to disable my elevator drop down target because the rest ledge broke again for the second time with only 111 plays on it. The bigger problem for now seems to be that my game no longer has elevator multi ball. When I shoot the ball under the elevator and it goes up the VUK to the upper playfield it doesn't award any shots for the multi ball. It just shoots the ball up the VUK and thats it no counting for multi ball. Does disabling the drop target also disable elevator multi ball? I wouldn't think so.
Also are other people's drop target rest ledges breaking this often? Do you think that the spring tension is too tight or what?

#2085 5 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

I had to disable my elevator drop down target because the rest ledge broke again for the second time with only 111 plays on it. The bigger problem for now seems to be that my game no longer has elevator multi ball. When I shoot the ball under the elevator and it goes up the VUK to the upper playfield it doesn't award any shots for the multi ball. It just shoots the ball up the VUK and thats it no counting for multi ball. Does disabling the drop target also disable elevator multi ball? I wouldn't think so.
Also are other people's drop target rest ledges breaking this often? Do you think that the spring tension is too tight or what?

There is probably an opto at the bottom of the drop target that registers the hit as the target drops and breaks the beam. This then records the hit and counts it towards multi ball. My ST ledge also broke and I had to replace it. It should be made with something better than a cheap piece of plastic.

#2086 5 years ago

I replaced the rest ledge again and reactivated the drop target and elevator multi ball works fine again. It appears that you have to do something different to activate the elevator lock with the drop target disabled. I was able to do it once but don't know what I did.
Anyway it seems that these drop target rest ledges are a weak link in the Prem/LE Aerosmiths. I'm not going to leave the drop target in the up position when I'm done playing for the day and I recommend to others that they also put theirs down when done. It may help to relieve some of the pressure on that thin piece of plastic. I wonder if there is anything better out there to use.

#2087 5 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

I replaced the rest ledge again and reactivated the drop target and elevator multi ball works fine again. It appears that you have to do something different to activate the elevator lock with the drop target disabled. I was able to do it once but don't know what I did.
Anyway it seems that these drop target rest ledges are a weak link in the Prem/LE Aerosmiths. I'm not going to leave the drop target in the up position when I'm done playing for the day and I recommend to others that they also put theirs down when done. It may help to relieve some of the pressure on that thin piece of plastic. I wonder if there is anything better out there to use.

You would think Stern would do an upgrade of some sort. Ideally one made from metal would solve the problem not just on yours but all games with drop targets.

#2088 5 years ago

Where is that free play setting?

#2089 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Where is that free play setting?

its in the backbox. youll need a hammer and 2 paper clips intertwined to daisy chain it to the remote control. clap twice and say “alexa free play.” good to go at that point!

#2090 5 years ago
Quoted from raycasual:

its in the backbox. youll need a hammer and 2 paper clips intertwined to daisy chain it to the remote control. clap twice and say “alexa free play.” good to go at that point!

I just beat the shit out of the backbox with a sledge hammer. Still not working.

Found it adj #39

1 week later
#2091 5 years ago

Made it to Medley today.

Had 2 elevator shots left to start final tour & then choked... again. Doh!

Tried to start elevator MB afterward in order to close it out, got 2 locked &... failed

One day, one day she will be mine oh yes

Anyway just wanted to gush all over the software update & post a pic of my new personal best even tho I didnt join the billion point club.
20181007_174307 (resized).jpg20181007_174307 (resized).jpg

#2092 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Made it to Medley today.
Had 2 elevator shots left to start final tour & then choked... again. Doh!
Tried to start elevator MB afterward in order to close it out, got 2 locked &... failed
One day, one day she will be mine oh yes
Anyway just wanted to gush all over the software update & post a pic of my new personal best even tho I didnt join the billion point club.
[quoted image]

You'll be there one day playing Final Tour. Keep hitting the notes and pick away. As of now your band is better than mine. I can't get any better than Medley and don't have a tour bus in sight to take me on my Final Tour. Great game.

#2093 5 years ago

Powder coated my pro...Color is phase blue.

IMG_20181009_202633 (resized).jpgIMG_20181009_202633 (resized).jpgIMG_20181009_202729 (resized).jpgIMG_20181009_202729 (resized).jpgIMG_20181009_202809 (resized).jpgIMG_20181009_202809 (resized).jpgIMG_20181009_202825 (resized).jpgIMG_20181009_202825 (resized).jpg
#2094 5 years ago

Love that! Great color choice!

Heard my new favorite callout. After draining last ball:

“It’s not rock and roll if it doesn’t have balls!”

#2095 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks GREAT!

#2096 5 years ago

Played some AS today and i know ive said it before but im gonna say again, this game is fun as hell and has some great feeling shots.

I know this game probably didnt sell all that well and it gets overlooked by alot of people but it shouldn't because its about as fun as any game out there in my opinion except for maybe IMDN and TWD. This game is sweet!

#2097 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Color looks great, good choice

#2098 5 years ago

Thinking of joining the club. Whats the overall opinion of the new code? I have not played it much even with old code. I do like music pins. Have owned most of them at one time or another and currently have Metallica and Iron Maiden.

The thing that turns me off on this game is the layout is just like KISS and that is one of the music pins I owned and did not really care for. I think it was more of the code, and the stupid star child shot.

How long are typical game times on the game?

#2099 5 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Thinking of joining the club. Whats the overall opinion of the new code? I have not played it much even with old code. I do like music pins. Have owned most of them at one time or another and currently have Metallica and Iron Maiden.
The thing that turns me off on this game is the layout is just like KISS and that is one of the music pins I owned and did not really care for. I think it was more of the code, and the stupid star child shot.
How long are typical game times on the game?

Really depends on how skilled a player you are, but the finale is not a gimmie, especially the Final Tour, and then there is completing it which is obviously more difficult than just getting there.

As far as the KISS layout being nearly the same, it is, but strangely doesn't exactly feel like it. That's not to say I would want the two side by side, I wouldn't, but Aero feels like it's own thing, and I don't think of KISS at all when I'm playing it.

Lastly, the code. It's very refined now and honestly pretty excellent overall. The old code was okay because it was technically complete, but it had some bugs/shortcomings, and some ''do or die'' style of rules in it, mainly with the way you couldn't get to final tour unless you completed Sweet Emotion, Elevator and Toy Box multiball, which was too hard and not fun because it didn't save your progression on Sweet emotion, so it could be quite the grind to attempt it again.

While it still doesn't save Sweet Emotion, it plays more like Tron now in that department upon reaching the finale, where if you did complete, great, you get rewarded with points, but if you didn't, you have the opportunity to complete it in the medley wizard mode to progress further.

All in all, it's a sweet game, I don't really have any complaints about it.

#2100 5 years ago

Stern posted on IG they’re finishing up the final run on AS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 24.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.