20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 82.
#2001 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

If you complete the flower

Can you elaborate what that means and how to do it?

#2002 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Can you elaborate what that means and how to do it?

Every mode displays a circle in the upper left corner of the display. The circle then has “petals”, which remind you of a flower. Each lit shot you successfully hit will in turn light one of the petals. The goal is to light all petals in the flower.

#2003 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Have you also beaten - Iron Throne, SuperHero, Encore, Champ1, Gotham City, Valinor, Saved Xandar, Sperm Attack, Do or Die, Open Season, EotL, Armageddon and Last Man Standing (on a pro)?
FWIW I believe the default settings make it way too easy, you also can't make Medley any harder than it is. Why should you be able to continue making shots once you get down to a single ball AND get an add a ball?. I've got it set for 2 shots in a mode before you can take CIU.

Too long to list for me, EOTL, VALINOR, Iron Throne, etc, yes.

The rules feel just right imo. Not every game has to be a headbanger in frustration, some games can be just fun. If it's too easy, remove the outlane posts.

#2004 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Every mode displays a circle in the upper left corner of the display. The circle then has “petals”, which remind you of a flower. Each lit shot you successfully hit will in turn light one of the petals. The goal is to light all petals in the flower.

I always refered to it as a pie.... But I'm not the healthiest guy out there

#2005 5 years ago

What's your custom message?

20180913_152530_HDR (resized).jpg20180913_152530_HDR (resized).jpg
#2006 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

[quoted image]

I don't wanna miss a thing

#2007 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

[quoted image]

" Pinball, the most fun you can have with your clothes on."

#2008 5 years ago

I want to walk this way.

#2009 5 years ago

Tonight Jackie said " I have sweet emotions for Silky Jones." That is another new call out.

#2010 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Tonight Jackie said " I have sweet emotions for Silky Jones." That is another new call out. Jo

That sly dog. Jackie will get your girl.

#2011 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Tonight Jackie said " I have sweet emotions for Silky Jones." That is another new call out.

When I was in the service that would have been Jodi.

#2012 5 years ago
Quoted from windoesnot:

So am having an issue with my newly owned Aerosmith. Its on latest code, have never run previous code as I only got it a day after the latest code came out.
The toy box is ejecting balls at random. When it knows that it has the right number of locked balls inside, if any of the 3 optos at the top of it are triggered, it will ejects the balls. At random this happens during gameplay. Have tested with all other switches and none of those are triggering the optos. Any ideas? I’ve had it sat in switch test for a long time seeing if the optos would trigger on their own and they don’t.
Thanks

Think I’ve sorted this issue, the connectors into the 3 opto boards in the toy box seemed a little loose so took it apart, reconnected and not had the issue since.

#2013 5 years ago

Any good apron cards anyone can point me to? Thanks!

#2014 5 years ago

Well that didn't take long to get stuck....

IMG_20180915_084307 (resized).jpgIMG_20180915_084307 (resized).jpg
#2015 5 years ago

Also, my update is 4782mb.... Everyone else I've seen is under 3000.

Confused.

#2016 5 years ago

Attempt #2 has begun.

#2017 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Also, my update is 4782mb.... Everyone else I've seen is under 3000.
Confused.

That 2914 is just the first step. You are stuck on the second step. Total update is the two steps added together.

#2018 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

That 2914 is just the first step. You are stuck on the second step. Total update is the two steps added together.

Mine was tiny like 237 then straight to 4782.

It worked on second attempt and verify flew through very quickly.

Game is working, but couldn't play as wife had just put baby to sleep.

Will get on it tonight I hope

#2019 5 years ago

Finally played new code. What a huge difference.

Put up a grand champ on game 2 (yes, I know they're reset but check the pic)

IMG_20180916_150749 (resized).jpgIMG_20180916_150749 (resized).jpg
#2020 5 years ago

Then immediately after pulled off this sweet score.

Y'all are jealous..... I know

IMG_20180916_150727 (resized).jpgIMG_20180916_150727 (resized).jpg
#2021 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Then immediately after pulled off this sweet score.
Y'all are jealous..... I know
[quoted image]

That's about what I did on my 2nd game on new code. Plus combo champ of 21. Just got Melody MB yesterday for the very first time. That was a blast, only wished I could have made the shots. I kept the ball in play but kept missing. I was trying to hard. Needed to chill. That would have been a plus. The next half dozen games after that I couldn't score no better than 10 mill. I tried today to make it back to Medley MB, no luck. Try again tomorrow

#2022 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

That's about what I did on my 2nd game on new code. Plus combo champ of 21. Just got Melody MB yesterday for the very first time. That was a blast, only wished I could have made the shots. I kept the ball in play but kept missing. I was trying to hard. Needed to chill. That would have been a plus. The next half dozen games after that I couldn't score no better than 10 mill. I tried today to make it back to Medley MB, no luck. Try again tomorrow

I think I put up 25 combos in the 500mil run

#2023 5 years ago

Took me two attempts to successfully update code, but it was worth it. It's nice to see the custom message working now. Awesome and incredibly comprehensive update.

#2024 5 years ago

Having some trouble with two balls kicking out at once from the trough (has nothing to do with code update). The game self-corrects eventually, but any ideas on what could be causing this problem?

#2025 5 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Having some trouble with two balls kicking out at once from the trough (has nothing to do with code update). The game self-corrects eventually, but any ideas on what could be causing this problem?

Your balls might be magnatized.

#2026 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Your balls might be magnatized.

Ah yes--the simplest solution might be the best. I will replace them. They are over 1,000 games old now, so you're probably right. Thanks!

#2027 5 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Ah yes--the simplest solution might be the best. I will replace them. They are over 1,000 games old now, so you're probably right. Thanks!

Please let us know if that fixes your problem. Is it me or does it seem like theres more magnet action since the code update?

#2028 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Please let us know if that fixes your problem. Is it me or does it seem like theres more magnet action since the code update?

I swear this fcker plays faster, louder, brighter & better now since the update.

Purdy sure the readme mentions enhancements to sound & lighting. Wonder if the coils were cranked up because I spell AEROSMITH a lot now via the slings & now that you mention it the magnet action is awarding me toy box locks more often than before (I think)

#2029 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I swear this fcker plays faster, louder, brighter & better now since the update.
Purdy sure the readme mentions enhancements to sound & lighting. Wonder if the coils were cranked up because I spell AEROSMITH a lot now via the slings & now that you mention it the magnet action is awarding me toy box locks more often than before (I think)

The lighting has some improvements for sure but i gotta say that i dont like how the lights go completely out at times because it makes me lose track of the ball too easily because i always play with the lights out.

#2030 5 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

This used to happen to me a ton.

First I replaced the balls and reseated the trough connections... but that didn’t work for me.

But then I noticed that the ball was taking too long to kick out of the trough and get settled on the shooter lane switch. The game thought it was unsuccessful at kicking a ball out and would try again. But then I would end up with two balls.

I ended up solving the issue by using some vicegrip pliers to gently bend down the little piece ar the top of the trough that guides the ball into the shooter lane. By bending that (a little more than it’s already bent) the ball gets to the shooter lane faster and without bobbling around. So now the game doesn’t have the desire to shoot another ball up.

#2031 5 years ago

The new code really boosted this pin in a big way. Old code was eh, while it wasn’t terrible and pretty complete, it didn’t make you want to play it over and over, it got old fast. Now, it has definitely got that one more game feel to it. It’s a beautiful pin that’s a pure shooter.

#2032 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The lighting has some improvements for sure but i gotta say that i dont like how the lights go completely out at times because it makes me lose track of the ball too easily because i always play with the lights out.

I do it in the dark too. So when the light go out I'm keeping the flippers moving until I can see again.

Quoted from PW79:

I think I hade all super targets lit today and had a great light show plus the sound was like electrical shock sound something I don't remember hearing.

#2033 5 years ago

Caught mistake that the code allowed. Locked 3 balls in toy box to go for the fourth. My daughter up next hit the lock for her 3 ball multi ball took the award and ejected her ball into box and it then unloaded the balls giving her total of 4. The way to correct this would be to minimize the power of ejected ball and issue the other 2 from the shooter lane leaving my 3 in the toy box. Ok STERN there is your assignment.

#2034 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

This used to happen to me a ton.
First I replaced the balls and reseated the trough connections... but that didn’t work for me.
But then I noticed that the ball was taking too long to kick out of the trough and get settled on the shooter lane switch. The game thought it was unsuccessful at kicking a ball out and would try again. But then I would end up with two balls.
I ended up solving the issue by using some vicegrip pliers to gently bend down the little piece ar the top of the trough that guides the ball into the shooter lane. By bending that (a little more than it’s already bent) the ball gets to the shooter lane faster and without bobbling around. So now the game doesn’t have the desire to shoot another ball up.

Thanks for the tip. I had previously done some bending of the ball guide area and shooter rod adjustment because of some rubbing against the autoplunger, so we'll see if that's playing into the issue as well after I replace the balls.

#2035 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Caught mistake that the code allowed. Locked 3 balls in toy box to go for the fourth. My daughter up next hit the lock for her 3 ball multi ball took the award and ejected her ball into box and it then unloaded the balls giving her total of 4. The way to correct this would be to minimize the power of ejected ball and issue the other 2 from the shooter lane leaving my 3 in the toy box. Ok STERN there is your assignment.

This wouldn't work. The toy box is used in Toys in the Attic multiball. You can lock balls for multipliers.

As long as it's not a tournament, I like the idea of stealing locks in multiplayer games.

#2036 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Wonder if the coils were cranked up because I spell AEROSMITH a lot now via the slings & now that you mention it the magnet action is awarding me toy box locks more often than before (I think)

My Elevator kick out still pretty much goes SDTM. I have raised the power in the menu (pretty sure I did it right) but it hasn't seemed to change. Any advice?

#2037 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

This wouldn't work. The toy box is used in Toys in the Attic multiball. You can lock balls for multipliers.
As long as it's not a tournament, I like the idea of stealing locks in multiplayer games.

Agreed. Plus I think the game keeps count & doesn’t launch a replacement after the first drain of a MB even if the ball save timer is on because it’s righting the wrong from the MB overage.

I think. Or it did, in some cases (elevator MB for example)

#2038 5 years ago

Speaking of Toy Box multiball and love in an elevator multiball, you want to load up the toy box with 5 Ball first, be careful not to get the 6th. Grab a mode if you can, but have elevator ready to go, then hit Elevator. You’ll get the toy box to unload for elevator instead of 3 ball, plus when it’s over you’ll still get the 6 ball toys multiball from the trough/shooter lane.

#2039 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Speaking of Toy Box multiball and love in an elevator multiball, you want to load up the toy box with 5 Ball first, be careful not to get the 6th. Grab a mode if you can, but have elevator ready to go, then hit Elevator. You’ll get the toy box to unload for elevator instead of 3 ball, plus when it’s over you’ll still get the 6 ball toys multiball from the trough/shooter lane.

Is this a bug? I've never heard this.

#2040 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is this a bug? I've never heard this.

Not a bug; no way to fix it unless you set your game to virtual locks. There’s 5 balls in toy box, game needs 3 for elevator multiball, 1 ball in elevator scoop, 0 in ball trough; end result = dump the toy box to get the balls. The drawback is that when a ball drains it doesn’t kick it back into play until there are 3 balls in play so you really won’t get 6 ball elevator multiball for very long, but it’s fun trying

Side note. How accurate is your guys’ VUK to toy box? Mines pretty inaccurate, probably 50-70% success rate; I’ve played with power settings and it seems inconsistent, at the same power sometimes it launches the ball high over the toy box lid and other times it’s short, and other times far left. I haven’t really troubleshoot the issue yet but I presume the ball isn’t sitting right in the VUK, might just be a pitch or level adjustment, but wanted to get some opinions before I dig into it.

#2041 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not a bug; no way to fix it unless you set your game to virtual locks. There’s 5 balls in toy box, game needs 3 for elevator multiball, 1 ball in elevator scoop, 0 in ball trough; end result = dump the toy box to get the balls. The drawback is that when a ball drains it doesn’t kick it back into play until there are 3 balls in play so you really won’t get 6 ball elevator multiball for very long, but it’s fun trying
Side note. How accurate is your guys’ VUK to toy box? Mines pretty inaccurate, probably 50-70% success rate; I’ve played with power settings and it seems inconsistent, at the same power sometimes it launches the ball high over the toy box lid and other times it’s short, and other times far left. I haven’t really troubleshoot the issue yet but I presume the ball isn’t sitting right in the VUK, might just be a pitch or level adjustment, but wanted to get some opinions before I dig into it.

Interesting...didn't really ever think about it.

#2042 5 years ago

SKB

The software monitors every Toybox miss & makes incremental changes to the coil power until finding its best setting.

I think you're better off defaulting the coil settings & then playing a few dozen games.

Unless you've already done that.

#2043 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

SKB
The software monitors every Toybox miss & makes incremental changes to the coil power until finding its best setting.
I think you're better off defaulting the coil settings & then playing a few dozen games.

OK good to know. I'll give that a shot, i only had like 5 games in on the new code and have been changing power settings every 5 games. Probably have 20 games in total. I'll stick it on default and let it sit for a week or 2.

#2044 5 years ago

My toy box shot is far less accurate now than it was before the update.

#2045 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

My toy box shot is far less accurate now than it was before the update.

Mine as well.

#2046 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

OK good to know. I'll give that a shot, i only had like 5 games in on the new code and have been changing power settings every 5 games. Probably have 20 games in total. I'll stick it on default and let it sit for a week or 2.

Try setting your power setting at 196 for the upper right eject hole. That is where I set mine and only misses occasionally. However it will miss the first shot when you begin playing and this seems to be common. After that mine is very accurate.

#2047 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

SKB

I heard that also. But every time I turn on the pin it seems to take 5 to 10 games to tweak itself in. Wish it could save it's dialed in setting, or show what it is so that we can change the startup default to that.

#2048 5 years ago

Glad mines not the only one

#2049 5 years ago

Premium and LE owners:
What do you think still needs to be added to the upper playfield code wise? I feel like there is so much potential with the diviter on the ramp loop around, elevator drop shot, and RGB leds for all the insert lights.

#2050 5 years ago

My toy box is probably 90% miss on the first try, then 90% hit on all other tries. No idea why it doesn’t kick hard enough on the first one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.