IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240123_182538 (resized).jpg
20240123_182607 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240110_065014_Chrome (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 82.
#1951 5 years ago

My first attempt stopped at 513MB, waited a good 10 minutes to see if it would recover. Turned it off, waited for the LEDs to go dark, turned it on again and held my breath. It started the update process again and the second attempt worked.

#1952 5 years ago

Mine froze at 347 during the update. Powered off, tried again, all went well.

#1953 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

When I extract the downloaded code, I get only one file, in the instructions it states that there should be three files? Is that correct?

You dont have to extract the files. Once you download it click on the file and it should show you three parts to that file. Take your mouse and drag those 3 files to your USB file and drop them in. You will then see them uploading and when they are done take your memory stick out of the computer and stick it into your game and turn it on and it should start updating. If it freezes during the update shut your game off for a minute and turn it back on and try again.

If that doesnt work reformat your USB drive and be sure that there is nothing else on the USB drive except for the AS update that your drug and sropped in there.

#1954 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And those are Spike1, not Spike2 systems.

It doesn’t matter. Spike 2 games don’t have an interlock either...

#1955 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

It doesn’t matter. Spike 2 games don’t have an interlock either...

The point I was making is zero Spike 2 games have an interlock, while SOME Spike1 games DO have an interlock.

#1956 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The point I was making is zero Spike 2 games have an interlock, while SOME Spike1 games DO have an interlock.

Ok, gotcha. Well there are a few settings in Spike games wich are still related to SAM hardware like fastboot and some Q driver(knocker) setting.

#1957 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Ok, gotcha. Well there are a few settings in Spike games wich are still related to SAM hardware like fastboot and some Q driver(knocker) setting.

And for the record, getting rid of the interlock is the dumbest cost-cutting Stern has done. I love getting my fingers smashed by the auto launcher when testing the shooter lane switch now.

#1958 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And for the record, getting rid of the interlock is the dumbest cost-cutting Stern has done. I love getting my fingers smashed by the auto launcher when testing the shooter lane switch now.

I can feel your pain if they would at least disable the auto launcher while in menu... This should be an easy one...

#1959 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I'm running Windows 10 (64), Browser Edge.
I tried Firefox and Chrome and Opera but the same thing happens on each of them, it only downloads a portion of the file and then error outs.
Can any kind soul send me the three files?
E-mail to [email protected]

Files are too big for email. Do you still need them? If so I’ll try and throw them up on Dropbox or something.

#1960 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Files are too big for email. Do you still need them? If so I’ll try and throw them up on Dropbox or something.

I still need them, if you can put them in a dropbox, that would be fantastic!

Thank you, thank you

#1961 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I still need them, if you can put them in a dropbox, that would be fantastic!
Thank you, thank you

Uploading now, standby.

EDIT: What version do you have?

#1962 5 years ago

Adjustments say max smart missiles are 3

Sure as shit felt like a lot more

Wonder its 3 separate times you can earn the feature which may consist of 1 or more missiles?

Also, got to medley multiball today & had 2 shots of TITA left to earn final tour...

Then choked.

FML

As one of you already said this update does give it that "one more game" feeling.

#1963 5 years ago

I heard on death row you get one last meal. I'd would ask for one more game. Today I'm getting ready for hurricane Florence. Taking a break to play one more game, yep skipping lunch. On today menu, short plunge to right flipper and get skill shot. Now make it happen.

#1964 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I heard on death row you get one last meal. I'd would ask for one more game. Today I'm getting ready for hurricane Florence. Taking a break to play one more game, yep skipping lunch. On today menu, short plunge to right flipper and get skill shot. Now make it happen.

That sounds like it should be a pinside topic. We’ve heard people’s desert island pin; we’ve heard the one pin collection votes; but what about your last game on earth

#1965 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That sounds like it should be a pinside topic. We’ve heard people’s desert island pin; we’ve heard the one pin collection votes; but what about your last game on earth

Ok I started one.
What would be your last game play be?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-be-your-last-game-play

#1966 5 years ago

I'm having an issue with switch 14 - one of the Aerosmith targets on right side. Not registering hits.

Switch looks fine, no loose wires, switch is clean etc....

With this new update when I go into switch test to see if it's active or out of service I can't scroll through like before.

Any suggestions? It's not letting me progress through the medley wizard mode when same old song and dance played.

Edit - found where to check switch status but still not working.

#1967 5 years ago

So is the consensus that elevator MB is now actually worth playing? I think they increased the points for it.

But even so, you don’t really need to finish EMB since Medley allows you to just backhand the elevator shot over and over to complete it and get to final wizard mode. *Shrug

#1968 5 years ago

Maybe someone can help me out, I updated the code successfully, however, when I push start nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Should I re-update it over again?

#1969 5 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Maybe someone can help me out, I updated the code successfully, however, when I push start nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Should I re-update it over again?

you did put it on Free play right? You realize you have to redo all your settings

#1970 5 years ago

Put 50 cents in quarter slot. For 1 game

#1971 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I'm having an issue with switch 14 - one of the Aerosmith targets on right side. Not registering hits.
Switch looks fine, no loose wires, switch is clean etc....
With this new update when I go into switch test to see if it's active or out of service I can't scroll through like before.
Any suggestions? It's not letting me progress through the medley wizard mode when same old song and dance played.
Edit - found where to check switch status but still not working.

Anyone have any thoughts on what else I can check here?

#1972 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone have any thoughts on what else I can check here?

I’m far from the most technical, and maybe I’m stating the obvious, but if the switch didn’t work in test mode then I’d look for broken or missing or reversed diode if that applies if you’re sure it’s not a wire loose from the solder of the switch.

Maybe it’s the connection @ the harness?

#1973 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I’m far from the most technical, and maybe I’m stating the obvious, but if the switch didn’t work in test mode then I’d look for broken or missing or reversed diode if that applies if you’re sure it’s not a wire loose from the solder of the switch.
Maybe it’s the connection @ the harness?

I’ll have to yank the switch out of the machine tomorrow to take a better look.

Connection at harness might be something to look at but the whole bank of 4 switches is on same connector I think. Other 3 switches work fine.

#1974 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ll have to yank the switch out of the machine tomorrow to take a better look.
Connection at harness might be something to look at but the whole bank of 4 switches is on same connector I think. Other 3 switches work fine.

Can you fake the switch closed by expertly shorting the wires @ the switch via a set of pliers or etc? Or maybe detach from the lugs & touch em together to see if it registers?

#1975 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Can you fake the switch closed by expertly shorting the wires @ the switch via a set of pliers or etc? Or maybe detach from the lugs & touch em together to see if it registers?

Never tried this but I can give it a go tomorrow afternoon.

#1976 5 years ago

Tried updating the code tonight I downloaded it and then I inserted the usb into the game but nothing happened so I gave up after a while I guess I will try again tomorrow.

#1977 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Tried updating the code tonight I downloaded it and then I inserted the usb into the game but nothing happened so I gave up after a while I guess I will try again tomorrow.

Is the drive formatted FAT32? Did you remember to extract the files first?

#1978 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Is the drive formatted FAT32? Did you remember to extract the files first?

I am pretty sure i extracted the files i will have to make sure that the drive is formatted for FAT32 but i had just used it to update my Iron Maiden code and it worked fine.

#1979 5 years ago

Shouldn’t this switch 14 that isn’t registering trigger a technician alert?

I think it’s strange that this only occurred after I updated the code.

#1980 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Shouldn’t this switch 14 that isn’t registering trigger a technician alert?
I think it’s strange that this only occurred after I updated the code.

If it's a recent issue then no. I think it takes a good number of games for alerts to occur. You never have a problem till you have a problem & maybe this one is new.

Also, I'm sure there's a better way to test the switch via a meter than what I suggested but I dont know it.

Are you 100% the switch worked before the update?

Can you install the old code & see if the issue remains?

Best of luck. Hopefully someone more savvy than me chimes in.

#1981 5 years ago

So am having an issue with my newly owned Aerosmith. Its on latest code, have never run previous code as I only got it a day after the latest code came out.

The toy box is ejecting balls at random. When it knows that it has the right number of locked balls inside, if any of the 3 optos at the top of it are triggered, it will ejects the balls. At random this happens during gameplay. Have tested with all other switches and none of those are triggering the optos. Any ideas? I’ve had it sat in switch test for a long time seeing if the optos would trigger on their own and they don’t.

Thanks

#1982 5 years ago
Quoted from windoesnot:

The toy boy is ejecting balls at random

Time for a new toy boy.

rd

#1983 5 years ago

Oh the joys of auto correct!

#1984 5 years ago

I beat Final Tour! The third time I got to it I had my son watching the LCD. I needed a coach!

2018-09-12 20.10.40 (resized).jpg2018-09-12 20.10.40 (resized).jpg2018-09-12 20.10.45 (resized).jpg2018-09-12 20.10.45 (resized).jpg2018-09-12 20.10.49 (resized).jpg2018-09-12 20.10.49 (resized).jpg2018-09-12 20.11.16 (resized).jpg2018-09-12 20.11.16 (resized).jpg
#1985 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I beat Final Tour! The third time I got to it I had my son watching the LCD. I needed a coach!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Too easy then. Start to change the settings to be harder. I set crank it up back to needing 1 shot before it lights. Too many free bees by default. I feel that the player still needs to earn the CIU by making 1 shot. Great shooting and great score though - way better than I could do.

#1986 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Too easy then. Start to change the settings to be harder. I set crank it up back to needing 1 shot before it lights. Too many free bees by default. I feel that the player still needs to earn the CIU by making 1 shot. Great shooting and great score though - way better than I could do.

Once I reach final tour I’m thinking of resetting the scores, making CIU require 1 shot to qualify & reducing the ball save time on the Elevator & TITA MB’s.

#1987 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Once I reach final tour I’m thinking of resetting the scores, making CIU require 1 shot to qualify & reducing the ball save time on the Elevator & TITA MB’s.

You're never going to get there so you wont have to worry about it.

#1988 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Once I reach Final, I'll change Toy Box for starters. Medium = Light/Collect lock shots in order, i.e. collecting a lock is required before another lock can be lit. And today Jacky got hit in head and said WTF. Put a smile on my face. Hahaha

#1989 5 years ago

Once I reach Final, I'll put the glass back on.

#1990 5 years ago

I don’t think it’s too easy, I think it’s just right

This is kind of like people in the winter saying “I hate snow! It’s so cold!” And “I hate summer, it’s too hot! Put the A/C in!”

Remember, the previous code was VERY hard, in a bad way, because it was so do or die style. Now it reminds me a bit like Tron where it’s just fun to play and shoot and you may or may not get to SOS and Portal.

P.s
Speaking of Portal, now THAT is hard. I’m one of less than a few that has beaten Portal. Toot toot!

#1991 5 years ago

Was that your own horn?

#1992 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I don’t think it’s too easy, I think it’s just right. Remember, the previous code was VERY hard, in a bad way, because it was so do or die style

Yeah, I agree. For a factory setting, it seems about right. The old code was pretty tough.

For a tournament setting, easy enough to install HARD from the menu.

Add me to your “I beat portal” list.

rd

#1993 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Speaking of Portal, now THAT is hard. I’m one of less than a few that has beaten Portal.

Have you also beaten - Iron Throne, SuperHero, Encore, Champ1, Gotham City, Valinor, Saved Xandar, Sperm Attack, Do or Die, Open Season, EotL, Armageddon and Last Man Standing (on a pro)?

FWIW I believe the default settings make it way too easy, you also can't make Medley any harder than it is. Why should you be able to continue making shots once you get down to a single ball AND get an add a ball?. I've got it set for 2 shots in a mode before you can take CIU.

#1994 5 years ago

I like the new code. Matched the other day and the knocker went off. On the old code it wouldn't work unless you had the game set to pay and not free play. LOVE THOSE KNOCKERS! Jackie also said something new, " Your get up and go has got up and gone." Haven't heard WTF yet on the new code.

#1995 5 years ago

I’ve started Medley several times & it progresses quickly so it’s just a matter of time before I reach Final Tour. I’ve been very close twice now (1-2 shots left, I think).

But right now AS is all I play. Once it settles into the rotation I will lose that muscle memory & the current stock setting may be more approachable.

I did this with FGY when I played it non stop but then it settled into normal rotation & the stock settings seem more appropriate.

Time will tell. It’s nice to own the machine & make the settings whatever fits your preference.

#1996 5 years ago

Game now sounds like a ton of fun with the latest code.

#1997 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Game now sounds like a ton of fun with the latest code.

Yes it is ✌

#1998 5 years ago

I don't know if this is a bug, or if I'm missing something. Some of the modes, Walk this Way, Rats in the Cellar and I think 2 others are solid when you finish regardless of whether or not you finished populating the flower. When you get to Medley Multiball these need to be finished to progress even though they are solid. What is the point of having them solid if you need to complete them? I wonder if you have everything solid entering Medley you get a bonus and go directly to Final Tour, sort of like Portal. Otherwise I see no point.

#1999 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I don't know if this is a bug, or if I'm missing something. Some of the modes, Walk this Way, Rats in the Cellar and I think 2 others are solid when you finish regardless of whether or not you finished populating the flower. When you get to Medley Multiball these need to be finished to progress even though they are solid. What is the point of having them solid if you need to complete them? I wonder if you have everything solid entering Medley you get a bonus and go directly to Final Tour, sort of like Portal. Otherwise I see no point.

The 3 modes which appear solid, even without completing the flower, are WTW, RITC & BITS. If you drain after hitting the CIU but without completing the flower they will appear solid, so you can move on to the next mode - but you'll need to complete them in Medley.
If you complete the flower - you won't have to complete them in Medley. All other modes you have to complete the flower to have them lit solid, and negate having to do them in Medley.

I assume that this is a hangover from the original code, and/or to stop you from playing them over and over and boosting super ramps, spinner and pops.

The first mode you complete is worth 10mil when you start Medley, the second 20mil, then 30mil, etc. If you go in to Medley with everything complete it awards you 200mil and goes straight to Final Tour.

#2000 5 years ago

Hopefully ONE WELL BREWING (bar) in Kalamazoo has updated their AS so I can try out the new code. OWB has become my choice pinball hangout lately since they are so close to my house.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
There are 4,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.