20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 82.
#1901 5 years ago

Also, does the combo champion actually work now? I set the champion to 2 combos and it didn't seem to save that...did I miss something?

#1902 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I had the worst time downloading code update today. Maybe tried 9 time and on two different computers. Then three time to install it.

Ohhhh, so it was YOU that I was fighting with for their server bandwidth. I tried somewhere between 8-10 times today to download the code and each time it made it 5% further. The last time when it froze up, I paused the download, then restarted and that seemed to open the bandwidth door for some odd reason. It took two attempts to install it. Stern needs to use a better method for downloading code when they put out a new release.

#1903 5 years ago

Has anybody noticed if this new code added any sound effects to the sling shots? Old code was like the outlanes no sound.

#1904 5 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Also, does the combo champion actually work now? I set the champion to 2 combos and it didn't seem to save that...did I miss something?

I agree combo champion was weird on old code. I did finally get my name up, but I feel like it wasn't right. I got combo champ in the first few games on the new code so if it was weird I think it's fixed.

#1905 5 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I set mine at 5 Combos, but I still noticed combo champ was still Kim @ 15

#1906 5 years ago

I was just browsing through some settings and noticed some things I hadn't before. Coin Door ball saver and coin door disable tilt. I did a quick search on my Maiden and didn't see either adjustment. Cool features if they are what I think they are. If you get a stuck ball and can just open the coin door, shake the crap out of it and dislodge it without tilting that would be neat. I'll start shaking and do some testing....

#1907 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I had the worst time downloading code update today. Maybe tried 9 time and on two different computers. Then three time to install it. I seen Who-Day file was 2914 and mine said 2789. I update it anyway. I may download it again. So 2 1/2 hours of that cut into my play time. Only have a dozen game in. There is a lot that I'm liking so far and a couple I wished was added (high score for each mode) But with what was added can't ask for more. Great game

I’m on my 3rd computer still can’t get it to download!! Frustrated! Wanna play! It get all the way to the end and freezes

#1908 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I’m on my 3rd computer still can’t get it to download!! Frustrated! Wanna play! It get all the way to the end and freezes

My 1st download went to 3.9 then got frozen. And your right very Frustrating. I thought I would play 3 hours before going to work. But spent 2.5 hour downloading and installing. Hang in there, it's worth the wait

#1909 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

If you're on wifi, try plugging in direct. If you're plugged into router, try plugging direct to modem. If you have anti-virus, try disabling it. Also try disabling windows firewall. And if you haven't tried, reboot your computer then go directly to sterns site and download. Also, what browser are you using?

#1910 5 years ago

Yep. Just tried going over Ethernet cable and failed 3 more times. I’m using a 16gb fd... any chance I need a bigger one? It’s getting all the way to 99% then errors out. Using internet explorer.. didn’t think about the virus thing. I’ll try that tonorrow

#1911 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Yep. Just tried that and failed 3 more times. I’m using a 16gb fd... any chance I need a bigger one? It’s getting all the way to 99% then errors out. Using internet explorer

Are you downloading direct from sterns site to your jump drive? Try downloading to your hard drive,then unzip it to your hard drive, then copy + paste to your USB.

#1912 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Are you downloading direct from sterns site to your jump drive? Try downloading to your hard drive,then unzip it to your hard drive, then copy + paste to your USB.

Yea going direct to flash drive. I’ll also try that in the morning.

#1913 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Yea going direct to flash drive. I’ll also try that in the morning.

That could be your problem. Try the latter. Good luck!

#1914 5 years ago

Picked up a HUO pro yesterday, timing could not have been more perfect!

#1915 5 years ago

Update is GREAT! I wish they would have added the "ball in play" to the Toybox multiball start screen to help you decide if to take the risk to lock more balls. I guess it's OK to make it something the player should be keeping track of...

#1916 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Update is GREAT! I wish they would have added the "ball in play" to the Toybox multiball start screen to help you decide if to take the risk to lock more balls. I guess it's OK to make it something the player should be keeping track of...

Im not sure that i follow you, what are you talking about exactly?

#1917 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im not sure that i follow you, what are you talking about exactly?

It would be nice to display in the Toybox multiball countdown screen where you can "cancel multiball to lock more balls", that you are on ball 2 (where you might risk cancelling and lock more) or on ball 3 (where you might take what you have and let multiball start).

#1918 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

It would be nice to display in the Toybox multiball countdown screen where you can "cancel multiball to lock more balls", that you are on ball 2 (where you might risk cancelling and lock more) or on ball 3 (where you might take what you have and let multiball start).

Oh ok gotcha. Yeah that wouldn't be a bad idea probaly. The update sure made this game solid though.....i gotta believe that its going to boost the sales of this game somewhat.

#1919 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh ok gotcha. Yeah that wouldn't be a bad idea probaly. The update sure made this game solid though.....i gotta believe that its going to boost the sales of this game somewhat.

Ya. I see LE NIB from distributor still for sale 18 months later.

#1920 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

noticed some things I hadn't before. Coin Door ball saver and coin door disable tilt.

If they just added this adjustment it’s funny, because Spike games do no longer have a coindoor(interlock) switch. The only two spike games wich have one are WWE and Kiss.

#1921 5 years ago

If people are still having trouble downloading code, are you using Edge or Explorer? I found I was only successful with Chrome. Edge and Explorer would freeze. But even with Chrome it would freeze for 5 to 10 minutes, then resume spontaneously. Also, make sure screen saver and sleep after "x" number of minutes is turned off.

#1922 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Ya. I see LE NIB from distributor still for sale 18 months later.

That’s because they cost too much damn money!

#1923 5 years ago

Anyone else think the side drain sounds are too low? Glad they added them but want it to stand out more to add to the frustration.

#1924 5 years ago

We will be live streaming the new code tonight from 9-11 CST.
Twitch.tv/thepinballmafia
Stop in for a bit and chat about the new code and all things pinball.

Was really hoping Stern would have changed the font and color of the scores though. On a 4 player game you will not be able to read any of the scores on the screen, which sucks.
Would have been so easy to fix.

#1925 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

If they just added this adjustment it’s funny, because Spike games do no longer have a coindoor(interlock) switch. The only two spike games wich have one are WWE and Kiss.

And those are Spike1, not Spike2 systems.

#1926 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Has anybody noticed if this new code added any sound effects to the sling shots? Old code was like the outlanes no sound.

No sound effects were added to the slings.

Heck I think the only game in my collection with sling sounds is LOTR?

#1927 5 years ago

I had a really good game. Would have been great but I f#%@ up. I was on last ball and didn't take a 3 ball multiball when I meant too. As soon as I hit smart button I thought how dumb was that. Tried to hard to light lock and needed one more hit to TB, but drained. I did get Combo Champion, plus finished both Toy Box and Elevator. I'll be back

20180909_143818_HDR (resized).jpg20180909_143818_HDR (resized).jpg
#1928 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I had a really good game. Would have been great but I f#%@ up. I was on last ball and didn't take a 3 ball multiball when I meant too. As soon as I hit smart button I thought how dumb was that. Tried to hard to light lock and needed one more hit to TB, but drained. I did get Combo Champion, plus finished both Toy Box and Elevator. I'll be back
[quoted image]

Ok you can put the glass back on now.

#1929 5 years ago

There are combos on Aerosmith? Lol.

#1930 5 years ago

Great update from what i played!!! Please stern make the flipper buttons while in attract mode have a call out or something...

#1931 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Tried this and it worked. Thanks for the input. Glad Aerosmith got the love. Haven’t been able to play much yet, but so far liking it

#1932 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok you can put the glass back on now.

I wished that I film it, just to see LCD. I did see one JP for 48 mil after Jacky got a beat down. I had a blast. Plus download code on 1st try today. Now I'm not sure I'll update it. Your code update was a bigger file than mine. Yes you can get higher score with glass off. Lol

#1933 5 years ago

What gets Elevator lit solid? That is so tough for me. I had almost every somt completely lit and died after two floors of Elevator.

#1934 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

What gets Elevator lit solid? That is so tough for me. I had almost every somt completely lit and died after two floors of Elevator.

Make it to all eight floors. I had a lot going on so you might need to hit CIU after all 8 floors to light it solid. Here's from the tilt forum. This should help
Love in an Elevator Multiball: AKA Megatron MB. Shoot both orbits to light locks, and subsequent Elevator MB’s require multiple shots to both orbits to light each lock. Virtually lock 3 balls on the elevator shot. During MB: all major shots are lit. Shoot one and now only the Elevator scoop will be lit for jackpot (1st floor, 2nd floor, etc.). You must repeat this sequence for all major shots, which will then lite Super Jackpot at the Elevator shot. The EMB SJP base value is the sum total of your Floor jackpots, including any shot and combo multipliers. With the updated code, there is now progress memory saved between EMB’s. The SJP is collected at 100% value if you do all 8 floors in one multiball. Otherwise it’s 75% for 2 attempts, or 50% if it takes you 3 or more attempts to complete EMB.
Note: no timed ball-lock 2x scoring in EMB.

#1935 5 years ago

Finally got all the way through elevator multiball for the first time! What a rush. Of course blew it trying to hit the scoop to light last song to get to Medley. But really haven't been playing this game much in the last 2 months. But code update has me Back in the Saddle!

#1936 5 years ago

WHAT THE FUUUUUU$&@K??!!!?

I DID IT!

I beat Medley Multiball! I had many of the songs beat already but the medley played me through the ones I needed to beat still. Elevator is so easy to beat in Medley... you just keep hitting the elevator. And to finish Toys I just had to keep smashing Jacky.

So here’s the kicker. After completely lighting everything and beating Medley it kills the flippers and drains the balls? So then a ball is loaded into the shooter and it’s my last. CIU scoop is lit. Pretty sure if I got it in there I would have started Final Tour.

Super happy with how well I played but how could I miss the final wizard mode by one shot... ARRRG!!
5E9D220A-AAAD-4CED-87F3-74C1A8B8BE73 (resized).jpeg5E9D220A-AAAD-4CED-87F3-74C1A8B8BE73 (resized).jpeg9C55977B-74F9-4465-8E58-8A8FCFB1AC7E (resized).jpeg9C55977B-74F9-4465-8E58-8A8FCFB1AC7E (resized).jpegCCF83631-C815-4EC0-8AB5-15ED78932727 (resized).jpegCCF83631-C815-4EC0-8AB5-15ED78932727 (resized).jpeg

#1937 5 years ago

When I extract the downloaded code, I get only one file, in the instructions it states that there should be three files? Is that correct?

#1938 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

When I extract the downloaded code, I get only one file, in the instructions it states that there should be three files? Is that correct?

Ya, there should be three. Try downloading again

#1939 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

The file is 4.1gb unzip file and there are three (3) file inside.

#1940 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

WHAT THE FUUUUUU$&@K??!!!?
I DID IT!
I beat Medley Multiball! I had many of the songs beat already but the medley played me through the ones I needed to beat still. Elevator is so easy to beat in Medley... you just keep hitting the elevator. And to finish Toys I just had to keep smashing Jacky.
So here’s the kicker. After completely lighting everything and beating Medley it kills the flippers and drains the balls? So then a ball is loaded into the shooter and it’s my last. CIU scoop is lit. Pretty sure if I got it in there I would have started Final Tour.
Super happy wirh how well I played but how could I miss the final wizard mode by one shot... ARRRG!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Feeeeeels so good to get all lite, how many games did you play after getting that close.

#1941 5 years ago

I've downloaded it probably 25 times, same result.
Can any kind sole send me the three files?
E-mail to [email protected]

#1942 5 years ago

I wish stern could get a better update system. Never had an issue with IMDN (it’s less than 2gb), but both SW and now AS just don’t like updating. Seems like any of their code that has more than one file is pissy as shit.

Game is frozen at 466/2914mb. Whatcha think, power cycle and try again?
FEAADF0F-2D6F-4B23-AF23-FD876EA64215 (resized).jpegFEAADF0F-2D6F-4B23-AF23-FD876EA64215 (resized).jpeg

#1943 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I wish stern could get a better update system. Never had an issue with IMDN (it’s less than 2gb), but both SW and now AS just don’t like updating. Seems like any of their code that has more than one file is pissy as shit.
Game is frozen at 466/2914mb. Whatcha think, power cycle and try again?
[quoted image]

Full update with verify worked for me on the second attempt.

#1944 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I've downloaded it probably 25 times, same result.

What worked for me on about try #20 was when the download froze with Edge, I pressed pause, waited about 3 seconds, then resume and it finished.

#1945 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I wish stern could get a better update system. Never had an issue with IMDN (it’s less than 2gb), but both SW and now AS just don’t like updating.
Game is frozen at 466/2914mb. Whatcha think, power cycle and try again?[quoted image]

I kept getting that too. Each time I retried I was getting frozen somewhere else. Then I borrowed my friend’s faster computer and started over. Reformatted the drive and everything. Worked on first try after that.

Quoted from Spiderpin:

Feeeeeels so good to get all lite, how many games did you play after getting that close.

I was done after that. It did feel really good but I was pissed I didn’t start final tour. That’s pinball for you, you always lose in the end. Haha.

#1946 5 years ago

Has anyone come up good pop bumper caps? Factory ones are so blah.

#1947 5 years ago

I have FIOS Gigabyte and it downloads in seconds, the problem comes when I try to unzip it.

#1948 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I have FIOS Gigabyte and it downloads in seconds, the problem comes when I try to unzip it.

I'm at work and can't. Everyone shows file being 2914mb. My update was 2789mb. 125mb difference I may redo my update again.

#1949 5 years ago

I'm running Windows 10 (64), Browser Edge.
I tried Firefox and Chrome and Opera but the same thing happens on each of them, it only downloads a portion of the file and then error outs.

Can any kind soul send me the three files?

#1950 5 years ago

Full update did the trick.

Oh btw, I’m in the club
Bought a friends Pro. Cool game, not the greatest. But worth owning for awhile. I’m sure I’ll appreciate it more as I learn the rules and strategies. Right now I have no idea what I’m doing besides hit the blinky light.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
$ 12.75
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.