20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 82.
#1851 5 years ago

Anyone see this messages trying to update
"This machine has an invalid factory config please contact your distributor"
This also happened trying to update to 1.05.
Distributor had to send me an already updated SD card, but said he thought it would be ok next time but its not.
Sterns support admitted it is an issue that should have been resolved at the factory and said to contact distributor for an advance replacement , what ever that means.

IMG_3613 (resized).jpgIMG_3613 (resized).jpg
#1852 5 years ago

Glad to see they listened to my suggestions (post #588 11 months ago)

I just hope that the updates haven't gone too far in making the game too easy on default settings (or are people changing the settings to easy?). Especially as 2 people have already posted pics of their Final Tour high scores.

With new code for AS and a NIB IMdn arriving this afternoon it's going to be a tough decision as to which to play. (1st world problems)

#1853 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Does Lonnie write code like that? That’s my point, Mang, Lonnie’s code can be boring, and sometimes when there’s just a shitload more of it, the game gets worse.
Color me a fan of AS. But I’m terrified of buying a Lonnie Ropp ruleset.

To circle back to this after thinking for a bit I'd say AS rules remind me a lot of Family Guy except AS has 7 modes + 2MB's & 2 wizard where FGY has 10 modes + 3 MBs & 2 wizard. (FGY has more to do tho + the mini PF, evil monkey, etc)

IMO the reason AS now documents the scores of the 2 wizard modes is because pinheads will play those 2 modes a lot & now the goal is working on ways to increase its value instead of calling it done once reached.

Is that like Tron? I dunno.

#1854 5 years ago

Got to put a few games in this morning and so far i really like the changes ive seen. The update is so big that I obviously don’t know all of the changes yet but i think you all are going to be very happy with the updare. This game is very awesome now! Big thanks to all of the people at Stern that worked on this update!

#1855 5 years ago

I've updated the Aerosmith Game Guide for version 1.06:

http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=903

#1856 5 years ago

The code is definitely interesting.
for example, (though this I think was in old code) if you load the toy box and then go for elevator, the toy box dumps out 6 balls for that Elevator multiball. Also, I had missed the toy box double super jackpot on my first go around, which is a boatload of shots (and needed to complete the insert steady), However, I did a 3 ball multiball later, and it seemed significantly less. So not sure that it progression saved or if I just made the right the shots. I do know on the old code it was do or die on that Toy box multiball, so I'm going to guess there was a forgiving tweak here.
After the first multiball, you can't stack light locks from Toy Box hits, it's hit the box and the light is lit for lock, but you have to shoot lock to qualify the next one.

Medley is the star of the show now, along with Final Tour. If you fail to complete a mode, that's what you play in Medley until you do complete it. (trying to think what other game has this, I know there is one because it feels very familiar ) The two wizard modes are pretty sweet, and I'm guessing new hire Tim did the light show on this game? Because that is now equally impressive, whoever did it.
The sound effects in the wizard modes are top shelf as well.

So in short, very fun and balanced shooting pin now, with obtainable gameplay. Feels like Tron (THAT is the game I was trying to think of-okay...if you get to SOS, you have to do the ones you didn't complete to get to Portal)
It feels similar to that game in that regard, keeping replay value pretty high.

#1857 5 years ago

I'm not complaining, super huge and great update. I only wish they had added more movement for the shaker motor, especially when the toy box shakes. Otherwise, this is great. Thank you people of Stern Pinball.

#1858 5 years ago

what do smart missles do? Complete mode shots?

#1859 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

what do smart missles do? Complete mode shots?

It should award the "Best Shot" at the time you use it (with possibly a few exceptions).

#1860 5 years ago

Did they add any sound effects to the slingshots? Previous code was like the out lanes with no sound at all.

#1861 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

It should award the "Best Shot" at the time you use it (with possibly a few exceptions).

So dumb question if it awards best shot, how do you know when would be an appropriate time to use?

#1862 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

I Thought it just awarded you two shots?

#1863 5 years ago

Finally get to Medley Multiball and am on third song same old song and dance and have one shot left right standup. I pounded the crap out of it but wouldn’t register final shot.

Look after game and there is a technician alert to check switch 30.

Is this the switch by chance? Sob wouldn’t let me go any further!

#1864 5 years ago

Is pro still the way to go on this title or did they add anything more to the premium/LE features? From what I understand prem has better love in elevator locking rules and an extra player driven/controlled double (and triple?) Scoring with the mini pf. That about right, anything else?

#1865 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

From what I understand prem has better love in elevator locking rules

New code allows you to hit scoop to light elevator lock along with the orbits on the Pro. Makes starting elevator multiball SO much easier.

#1866 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

New code allows you to hit scoop to light elevator lock along with the orbits on the Pro. Makes starting elevator multiball SO much easier.

Nice. I find the orbit shot (clockwise) very difficult. I'm less than 1 out of 5 in terms of being able to hit that shot. Hopefully it doesn't make elevator multiball too easy...

#1867 5 years ago

Played a half dozen games tonight

Prolly gonna play a half dozen more

#1868 5 years ago

Great update played a bunch tonight. I was on the fence about keeping it and after a handful of games tonight with the new code it is not leaving any time soon.

#1869 5 years ago

I only had time to update mine and change the volume settings - holy crap, there are like 20 audio settings now. It’s actually overwhelming. I couldn’t get the sound back to the way I liked it with my 10” Flipper Fidelity setup. Will try again tomorrow :-/

#1870 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I only had time to update mine and change the volume settings - holy crap, there are like 20 audio settings now. It’s actually overwhelming. I couldn’t get the sound back to the way I liked it with my 10” Flipper Fidelity setup. Will try again tomorrow :-/

Agree! The audio settings are incredible! Totally appropriate for a music pin! I only tweaked them enough to make it sound "normal" but it looks like there are enough controls to make the pin sound like a high-end sound system! I will definitely need more time with those settings!

#1871 5 years ago

Loving the new code! Only problem is the code didn't make the right ramp easier! GRRRRR

#1872 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Loving the new code! Only problem is the code didn't make the right ramp easier! GRRRRR

Setting #1
Best way to make right ramp is to look at flipper and not ramp. Once you get the feel of it you'll nail it every time. Oh $%&* who I'm I trying to fool. Lol

#1873 5 years ago

“Medley Multiball and am on third song same old song and dance and have one shot left right stand. I pounded the crap out of right standup but wouldn’t register final shot due to a technician alert to check switch 30. Is this the switch by chance? wouldn’t let me go any further!”

Can someone address this very serious allegation. New code and already a claim about blocking wizard mode from progressing? Say it ain’t so!

#1874 5 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

“Medley Multiball and am on third song same old song and dance and have one shot left right stand. I pounded the crap out of right standup but wouldn’t register final shot due to a technician alert to check switch 30. Is this the switch by chance? wouldn’t let me go any further!”
Can someone address this very serious allegation. New code and already a claim about blocking wizard mode from progressing? Say it ain’t so!

Perhaps a smart missile would score that last target til you work out what's going on. I just got to Medley and Same Old Song was first up and all targets inc right standup seemed to work fine. BTW, Medley kept going even down one ball! Completed yellow targets and onto the next song which was Rats and it added a ball - nice! The whole playfield went dark except the spinner. Very cool. Counted down the number of spins even while going back to one ball. Song complete then add a ball and onto the next song. Thats as far as I got but really like how Medley keeps going with one ball, as it used to be over much too quickly before. Can't wait to see what the other songs do in Medley MB and what Final Tour is like. Kept forgetting the skill shot so no Smart Missiles but great to bring the smart button into it. This is a very cool game. And pretty.

#1875 5 years ago
Quoted from c_mario:

Anyone see this messages trying to update
"This machine has an invalid factory config please contact your distributor"
This also happened trying to update to 1.05.
Distributor had to send me an already updated SD card, but said he thought it would be ok next time but its not.
Sterns support admitted it is an issue that should have been resolved at the factory and said to contact distributor for an advance replacement , what ever that means.[quoted image]

Region lock factory assembly problem is the likely answer. US configured board with overseas power or something like that. Stern has been trying to cut down on grey market imports again.

#1876 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

It's much easier than the narrower version of that ramp in KISS.

#1877 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is pro still the way to go on this title or did they add anything more to the premium/LE features? From what I understand prem has better love in elevator locking rules and an extra player driven/controlled double (and triple?) Scoring with the mini pf. That about right, anything else?

You can double the double with the upper PF, so it's 4x with the Prem/LE you can't do on a Pro.

#1878 5 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I went into the switch test and it was out of service. Switched back to in service and all is good now.

#1879 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can double the double with the upper PF, so it's 4x with the Prem/LE you can't do on a Pro.

So in other words the pro is still the best version?

#1880 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

No.

#1881 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

They are both really good games and you will be happy either way you go.

#1882 5 years ago

This is one machine where that upper PF doesn’t add enough to the game to justify the additional cost.

The blue looks better than the purple as well.

#1883 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So dumb question if it awards best shot, how do you know when would be an appropriate time to use?

Experience will let you know! Seriously, what the software decides is the best shot will probably match what you think is best - but may sometimes be different.

#1884 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Pro was never the best version on Aerosmith - unless you like that bare bones type of openness (which some people do).

IMO the upper playfield is implemented extremely well for what it's trying to accomplish. The difficulty is a great balance for it's reward of 2X playfield and it adds a great deal of strategy when playing competitively. Love in an Elevator Multiball works better on the Premium/LE due to the extra drop target integration for qualifying MB, and the Elevator Floor Jackpots feed the 2X Playfield strategy.

#1885 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Pro was never the best version on Aerosmith - unless you like that bare bones type of openness (which some people do).
IMO the upper playfield is implemented extremely well for what it's trying to accomplish. The difficulty is a great balance for it's reward of 2X playfield and it adds a great deal of strategy when playing competitively. Love in an Elevator Multiball works better on the Premium/LE due to the extra drop target integration for qualifying MB, and the Elevator Floor Jackpots feed the 2X Playfield strategy.

Apparently the new code allows the LIE scoop to progress the mb like the premium drop.

#1886 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Best way to make right ramp is to look at flipper and not ramp

This video improved my flipper shot aiming:

#1887 5 years ago

“Apparently the new code allows the LIE scoop to progress the mb like the premium drop”

You are not wrong, but I do believe this new feature is set to OFF by default.

Both the right ramp and elevator shot can be backhanded with relative ease on most machines. No reason to watch Sexton aiming, lol

#1888 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Pro was never the best version on Aerosmith

The only people that say that are the ones who bought a premium/LE.

The reality - like it or not - the John Borg pro is “the game” - The AS upper playfield is tacked on to create a version of the game they can upsell and charge more money for.

Same as KISS - take the Pro, add in a drop target in front of Starchild and a ball that floats up the backboard and charge a heap extra.

And Guardians - add in some plastic arms and some trinkets and charge a heap more.

Welcome to pinball in 2018.

rd

#1889 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The reality - like it or not - the John Borg pro is “the game” - The AS upper playfield is tacked on to create a version of the game they can upsell and charge more money for.
Same as KISS - take the Pro, add in a drop target in front of Starchild and a ball that floats up the backboard and charge a heap extra.
And Guardians - add in some plastic arms and some trinkets and charge a heap more.
rd

I agree no LE is worth it in monetary terms.

ASLE is harder than the pro as the right ramp is steeper. Better lightshow on the LE though.

KISS - had pro.

Upgraded to the LE - mainly because the light show is just so good. Of course it isn't worth it. Pro plays great.

I would always go pro, unless I really love a game.

The profit margin on the Premium/LE must be way higher than the pro's.

#1890 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You forgot ball-spitting Gene head and full RGB matrix inserts the pro didn't have. Way better light show, too. And that lovegun levitation start is one of the coolest effects in recent pins, especially with the lighting mod so you can SEE it.

The "mirrored" backglass isn't an upgrade because it's fake mirrored. I wish they'd go back to REAL mirrored backglasses when they list that as a feature.

#1891 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

I'd disagree regarding Kiss- the drop targets, physical ball lock, tougher love gun start the color changing lighting make the premium by far better than the Pro in my opinion.

#1892 5 years ago

Loving the new code! Final tour seems like something within the realm of possibility now. Definitely adds to that “just one more game” feeling.

Couple art issue I wish they resolved... but having an art background I’m probably the only one it bothers.

#1893 5 years ago

This update far exceeded any expectations that i had and this game is super legit now! The game was already great before but the new update is a game changer!

#1894 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Couple art issue I wish they resolved... but having an art background I’m probably the only one it bothers.

Is it that some of The Dudes don't look like Lady's. Lol

#1895 5 years ago

I had the worst time downloading code update today. Maybe tried 9 time and on two different computers. Then three time to install it. I seen Who-Day file was 2914 and mine said 2789. I update it anyway. I may download it again. So 2 1/2 hours of that cut into my play time. Only have a dozen game in. There is a lot that I'm liking so far and a couple I wished was added (high score for each mode) But with what was added can't ask for more. Great game

#1896 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I had the worst time downloading code update today. Maybe tried 9 time and on two different computers. Then three time to install it. I seen Who-Day file was 2914 and mine said 2789. I update it anyway. I may download it again. So 2 1/2 hours of that cut into my play time. Only have a dozen game in. There is a lot that I'm liking so far and a couple I wished was added (high score for each mode) But with what was added can't ask for more. Great game

I really like Medley Tour Wizard Mode now. Set your game on 5 balls if you have to in order to check it out. Im excited about this game again.

#1897 5 years ago

I've been playing quite a bit today. The new code is great. There are a few things I'd still like to see, but I wouldn't be upset if it ended here. Elevator is finally doable, I think I only got it solid once or twice before. I've gotten it solid a few times today. Smart missiles are cool, although I suddenly can no longer do the plunge skill shot that I could hit every time when it wasn't worth anything. Scoring for Medley Multiball is much better, I love the way they stole the mode completions from Tron. The game is also much less stop and go, which is great. The sound quality also seems better. I finally just got to Final Tour, I did well. I think I only had 3 or 4 shots left. I wish I could have seen the screen.

My (unrealistic) wishlist:
High Scores for every song and every multiball (This can't be too difficult)
Incorporate the coins (does anyone know what they do, if anything?) Buy new instruments that give perks with the coins? Permanent bonus multipliers, things that make certain modes easier, etc.
Video Mode- something you could disable in the menu for the haters, why not a Guitar Hero style video mode with the 3 buttons?

2018-09-08 20.17.11 (resized).jpg2018-09-08 20.17.11 (resized).jpg2018-09-08 20.17.18 (resized).jpg2018-09-08 20.17.18 (resized).jpg
#1898 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Is it that some of The Dudes don't look like Lady's. Lol

Yeah, they took dancing lady animations from the internet or something and blacked them out for the silhouettes... one made it through as a reveal dancer. Just a pet peeve since it doesn’t match.

There’s some layering issues too. Haven’t noticed if they were resolved.

#1899 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I really like Medley Tour Wizard Mode now. Set your game on 5 balls if you have to in order to check it out. Im excited about this game again.

I couldn't believe it but the first game with new code and I got to Medley. Great light shows through out the game. Really like the Mystery awards. Spotlight on Jacky at start of MB. Hidden skill shots, missiles. The way elevator progressed. Can't wait to log more games on tomorrow and learn of more changes plus new rules for modes.

#1900 5 years ago

New code is fantastic.

As much as I dig the rule changes, I was most excited about a simple change in logic: playing two player and not have to wait 10 seconds for a ball to smack Jacky in the face when the first guy has already locked a ball!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.75
$ 24.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/38?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.