20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 82.
#1801 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

somebody give me some highlights.
All i could gather was outlane sounds and some scoring adjustments.

Highlights
-----------
- Skill shot and Super Skill Shot Added - they award Smart Missiles (1 for skill shot, 2 for super)
- Smart Missiles can be earned on Skill Shots (same as above, but important)
- Medley Multiball Wizard mode is like SOS on Tron -> you can Complete the Modes you haven't completed when playing them
--- this helps advance towards "Final Tour Wizard Mode" - as you must complete all of the modes to get there (also play the 2 main MBs)
--- If you complete ALL requirements for Final Tour before getting to Medley, you get a 200M Bonus
- Modes have been reworked - mostly to be easier -> and they are all 50 seconds long
--- CIU does not add time to modes any more (but the mystery may)
--- Crank It Up is lit as soon as the modes start (by default) -> there is an adjustment to require X shots to light CIU (defaults to 0)
- Love in an Elevator MB scoring is reworked - more lucrative now -> especially if you can reach Floor 9 as you collect a SUPER JP of the total of your JPs
- Final Tour Wizard mode has been reworked
- Various smaller fixes and enhancements

#1802 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

If I were a betting man, I would say you'll give IMDN a rest tonight.

Yes it gets a rest for.maybe 2 days actually because i gotta go to work tonight in a couple of hours and i wont get much time on it tonight. IMDN is still the best game i have though, no question about that.

On a side note i gave GB some love this morning and had a blast playing it, cant wait for the update on that game either. Its easy to forget how much that you like these games when you haven't played them for awhile. Its almost like getting a new game when you go back and play them, especially when a new code drops like AS did today!

#1803 5 years ago

Ok im having some problems. I downloaded the file and i had to unzip it so it would fit on my USB stick. I put my USB stick in my game and turn the game on but the file wont start downloading. The game just boots up like normal and thats it, it doesnt try and update. What am i doing wrong here?

#1804 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok im having some problems. I downloaded the file and i had to unzip it so it would fit on my USB stick. I put my USB stick in my game and turn the game on but the file wont start downloading. The game just boots up like normal and thats it, it doesnt try and update. What am i doing wrong here?

Is your USB stick 16GB?
Was your usb formatted fat32 before you started?
Did you drag all 3 unzipped files over to your usb?

If the USB stick is not exactly as it should be the CPU will not read it at all.

Good Luck!

#1805 5 years ago

Yeah i believe all of those things have been done. I just reformatted it and im sending the unzipped file over to the usb stick again.

#1806 5 years ago

Ive updated IMDN 3 times.now with no.problems but this AS update isnt working for some reason.

#1807 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah i believe all of those things have been done. I just reformatted it and im sending the unzipped file over to the usb stick again.

We had an issue with BM66 code update a few days ago. Because we had been using the same USB for so long it shit itself.. We bough a new USB stick and away it went!

#1808 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We had an issue with BM66 code update a few days ago. Because we had been using the same USB for so long it shit itself.. We bough a new USB stick and away it went!

I just tried it again and it still wont download. I dont know what the hell is going on. The USB stick is new. Ive done the 3 IMDN updates with it and i deleted the old updates off of the USB stick also.

#1809 5 years ago

UGH! I HATE UPDATING STERN CODE! 5 failed attempts to download from the site so far...stops at 5% every time. Doesn't look like it is gonna happen today.

#1810 5 years ago

Sorry to hear of your troubles guys.

The game progresses much faster now once you get it going.

Smart Missiles are cool AF now

#1811 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Sorry to hear of your troubles guys.
The game progresses much faster now once you get it going.
Smart Missiles are cool AF now

Do you get a.smart missile more often than once every thousand games now?

#1812 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Do you get a.smart missile more often than once every thousand games now?

Fo sho

I swear a half dozen popped up during my last game

#1813 5 years ago

3 hours to go... won’t see it tonight

#1814 5 years ago

PW79 is the only one able to download and install code. This update is just for him. Our code will come later PW is a beta tester. Lol

#1815 5 years ago

Finally making some progress here....

20180906_212000 (resized).jpg20180906_212000 (resized).jpg
#1816 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Finally making some progress here....[quoted image]

Dang, don't be late for work. That update has cut into your game time.

#1817 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Dang, don't be late for work. That update has cut into your game time.

Well now the update is stuck at 198/2914 MB. Looks like im not out of the woods yet....WTF....UGH

#1818 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well now the update is stuck at 198/2914 MB. Looks like im not out of the woods yet....WTF....UGH

I'm guessing I'll go thru the same pain Saturday when I update. Let me get it out of my system now. #$@&

#1819 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'm guessing I'll go thru the same pain Saturday when I update. Let me get it out of my system now. #$@&

Lol no doubt. I shut my game off and im trying it again. If things are gonna screw up its gonna screw up on me trust me. Thats just how my luck is. It's doing its thing again now so we will see what happens.

#1820 5 years ago

My update went fast. Took maybe 8-10 minutes? I used a 8gb flash drive with no issue. Formatted in Fat32 out of the package. It was brand new. What I did was, once I downloaded the .zip file from Stern, I extracted it to the ROOT directory of the flash drive. Root meaning, no folder inside. Hope this helps guys.

#1821 5 years ago

Any tips on how to get it to download from Stern site. Mine will get stuck at a percent for like an hour

#1822 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Is your USB stick 16GB?
Was your usb formatted fat32 before you started?
Did you drag all 3 unzipped files over to your usb?
If the USB stick is not exactly as it should be the CPU will not read it at all.
Good Luck!

Does it really have to be 16G?

#1823 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

My update went fast. Took maybe 8-10 minutes? I used a 8gb flash drive with no issue.

Edit: Whoops, good to know.

#1824 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Any tips on how to get it to download from Stern site. Mine will get stuck at a percent for like an hour

Depends on your internet speed... I downloaded it at about 5:30ish pm California time. Had NO issues. Its a big 4.1gb file so it took a little time. However, I have Comcast with about 450Mbps download
If you are still having issues, I could setup up a Google drive or something you could pull it from. Just PM me.

#1825 5 years ago

I thought Steven Tyler call outs were coming? Was that a rumor?

Also, when you guys get a chance to dig in a bit, please compare where AS is now with your basic Lyman game. Totally different? Some similarity? Is it Lonnie all over, or something more?

#1826 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I’ve never had an issue with the actual website downloading ... haven’t heard of any other issues.

I’d suggest it’s something in your network, like the connection dropping out upstream.

Good luck with it.

rd

#1827 5 years ago

Yaaaaay.......

20180906_214646 (resized).jpg20180906_214646 (resized).jpg
#1828 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yaaaaay.......

Finally you got it to go!

#1829 5 years ago

Download from site took about 15 minutes for me.

Used 8 gb usb formatted fat32

First attempt on update got stuck at 520 mb and didn’t move for 15 minutes so I turn the machine off and back on to restart.

Second attempt worked fine. I didn’t remove the drive or anything, just turned it off, back on, and followed the prompts. Took 10-15 minutes to update.

#1830 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Does it really have to be 16G?

8GB will normally do.

#1831 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I thought Steven Tyler call outs were coming? Was that a rumor?
Also, when you guys get a chance to dig in a bit, please compare where AS is now with your basic Lyman game. Totally different? Some similarity? Is it Lonnie all over, or something more?

What does “Lonnie”mean?

Does it mean “spend entire ball trying to build up a single shot value but never actually take said single shot because of the greed associated with building up the shot you never take before losing the ball”?

Lol, cause that’s what I do.

#1832 5 years ago

wish they could get the Steven Tyler callouts...

#1833 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

What does “Lonnie”mean?
Does it mean “spend entire ball trying to build up a single shot value but never actually take said single shot because of the greed associated with building up the shot you never take before losing the ball”?
Lol, cause that’s what I do.

Does Lonnie write code like that? That’s my point, Mang, Lonnie’s code can be boring, and sometimes when there’s just a shitload more of it, the game gets worse.

Color me a fan of AS. But I’m terrified of buying a Lonnie Ropp ruleset.

#1834 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Does Lonnie write code like that? That’s my point, Mang, Lonnie’s code can be boring, and sometimes when there’s just a shitload more of it, the game gets worse.
Color me a fan of AS. But I’m terrified of buying a Lonnie Ropp ruleset.

I misspoke. I thought you meant Lyman lol. When I play TWD, a game I enjoy, all I do is work on building up my X value until I lose the ball

AS feels like it did before but faster paced with a lot more to shoot at. I think you can zip through the code a lot faster now tho IMO. But... its more satisfying to actually finish stuff & have a shot at the Wizard modes which appear to have been improved.

Quoted from JimB:

Not good. It has some serious ball searching bugs. Elevator multi ball lost track after I drained the last ball and it sat there doing a ball search for 2 minutes and finally emptied the toy boxes 3 balls. At that point the game was playing normal but I should not have had 3 balls going since it wasn’t muilti ball. Game was confused even going to next ball.

Ah shit, dat sucks. I had so much going tonight on several games I was afraid the fucker was gonna reset. It did not. I was glad. Also played elevator MB twice I think without issue but if there’s a bug I’m sure my luck will find it.

#1835 5 years ago

Maybe nothing ball was stuck under the elevator. Never had that happen. That would definitely cause my issue.

#1836 5 years ago

Love the Steven Tyler Call outs

#1837 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Wait. Is that new? It was always just sparky or cranky or whatever his name is as the call outs right?

Also, what do smart Missiles do? Award mode shot? Sounds like this is a pretty solid update overall. Like that progression is much faster.

#1838 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Did they add Steven Tyler call outs.

#1839 5 years ago

Sorry I was just joking...No they did not. But drain lanes now make a guitar crunch

#1840 5 years ago

Serious question...Have you always been able to put it on 10 balls? I usually keep all my games on 3 balls. I noticed you can increase the number of balls past 5.

#1841 5 years ago

Yes 10 was allowed before

#1842 5 years ago

Well... it’s definitely easier but that’s not to say it’s easy at all.

I can definitely feel the polish in the game, it’s now easier to get sweet emotion lit solid, which is a game changer. Medley has rewards for completing each song starting at 10 million, 20 million, 30 million, etc. A nice touch.
Fun scoring throughout now, not as vanilla, code difficulty reminds me a little of Tron.

38E9249E-152E-4264-B35F-77206EA98585 (resized).jpeg38E9249E-152E-4264-B35F-77206EA98585 (resized).jpeg46056695-4E02-401C-9711-1C0A111A85D4 (resized).jpeg46056695-4E02-401C-9711-1C0A111A85D4 (resized).jpeg73DC2D72-7204-44ED-9789-8F59D134E257 (resized).jpeg73DC2D72-7204-44ED-9789-8F59D134E257 (resized).jpeg

#1843 5 years ago

I only could play 2 games before i had to go to work so i cant even comment on anything good or bad really. I did notice that you seem to get longer mode times and every mode when you hit the crank it up scoop doesn't add time to the mode that you're in. Thats pretty much all i know, that and i wish i could be at home exploring the new code update. One thing i did notice that was weird, my first game ended and the smart missile light was flashing....i hit the button and it started a new game. I thought that was rather strange?

#1844 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

new code update. One thing i did notice that was weird, my first game ended and the smart missile light was flashing....i hit the button and it started a new game. I thought that was rather strange?

Smart button flashes Green now and can be used to start a game, I did read that in update.

#1845 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Smart button flashes Green now and can be used to start a game, I did read that in update.

Not a bad idea i guess. Im gonna try and read up on the rules tonight if i get time. When did you say that you was going to update your game?

#1846 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not a bad idea i guess. Im gonna try and read up on the rules tonight if i get time. When did you say that you was going to update your game?

Will be Saturday about 11:00am EST should start download then.

#1847 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Will be Saturday about 11:00am EST should start download then.

Good deal, anxious to hear your thoughts on it.

#1848 5 years ago

Really really nice update. Some of my favorite items:
- light shows after making a shot no longer obscure the next mode shots. Makes combos a lot clearer!
- skill shot on the hidden lane behind the right ramp! Awards points AND a smart missle, nice!
- fixes the weird delay when enough balls are already in the trunk and the game fires the ball up at jacky’s face.

It still feels like the same super fun game overall but now super polished as well! Awesome!

#1849 5 years ago

Just got home from a party to find this release. Looks nice.
Did not see anything listed about the hard to read scores on the screen.
Did they fix this or is it the same hard to see white on light blue?

#1850 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Well... it’s definitely easier but that’s not to say it’s easy at all.
I can definitely feel the polish in the game, it’s now easier to get sweet emotion lit solid, which is a game changer. Medley has rewards for completing each song starting at 10 million, 20 million, 30 million, etc. A nice touch.
Fun scoring throughout now, not as vanilla, code difficulty reminds me a little of Tron.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

bravo jcc !

my score !

i love medley multi ball like the "sea of simulation" of TRON.

bye

IMG_20180907_094726 (resized).jpgIMG_20180907_094726 (resized).jpgIMG_20180907_094739 (resized).jpgIMG_20180907_094739 (resized).jpgIMG_20180907_094743 (resized).jpgIMG_20180907_094743 (resized).jpgIMG_20180907_095031 (resized).jpgIMG_20180907_095031 (resized).jpgIMG_20180907_095035 (resized).jpgIMG_20180907_095035 (resized).jpgIMG_20180907_095037 (resized).jpgIMG_20180907_095037 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.75
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/37?hl=metwurcht and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.