20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 82.
#1701 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Apparently Stern has completely stopped production on Aerosmith already
Great game, hopefully it gets another run

If there are orders, and the licence is still valid (or extended) they’ll make em!

Title might have done its dash though - everything runs it’s course eventually.

rd

#1702 5 years ago

Well, the final wizard mode is in the game- got to Final Tour tonight, animations were pretty sweet. 942 million.

#1704 5 years ago

Now we need someone to make a miniature version of that woods van for a playfield mod!

#1705 5 years ago

Did he see a SIGN that says "Anybody caught trespassing will be shot on sight"?
I bet he jumped the fence and I yelled at the house, "Hey! What gives you the right?"

#1706 5 years ago

Just got this error and game won’t start. Anyone have this happen? Node board 8

5873FCF2-B290-40CA-9FEE-D9C554DC1AF7 (resized).jpeg5873FCF2-B290-40CA-9FEE-D9C554DC1AF7 (resized).jpeg

#1707 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Just got this error and game won’t start. Anyone have this happen? Node board 8
[quoted image]

No issues here. Carefully check the connectors and things. I think the manual shows you which one is #8. These things are delicate.

Out of curiosity, did you install the recall "kit"?

#1708 5 years ago

What does the replay feature do for you on Aerosmith if you have the game on freeplay? I've noticed that when I get the message that says replay and the annoying loud screeching pop sounds off that the stern games are known for nothing really happens. At least not that I know of. I figured you would get an extra ball or something but after the 3rd ball drains its game over. Is the game supposed to do anything? I just want to make sure its not a software bug and its functioning normally. Thanks.

#1709 5 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

No issues here. Carefully check the connectors and things. I think the manual shows you which one is #8. These things are delicate.
Out of curiosity, did you install the recall "kit"?

Only installed the cap kit with the tie wraps

#1710 5 years ago

The node board issue is total bullshit. They need to be more robust and cheaper. While I haven't had an issue yet, it sucks to think this is a thing that can spring on anyone at anytime- a total non issue when they just used bulb sockets.

#1711 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Only installed the cap kit with the tie wraps

Then you likely have a broken diode on Node 8 (unless the service kit was done at the factory before you got it). There's a kit that reduces the vibration on Node 8 and 9 that causes this failure.

The service bulletin you needed before this happened is here:
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-189-core-node-stabilization/2235/Stern-SB189.pdf

#1712 5 years ago

Yes that is the kit I had my dealer install before it left the showroom. Last March is when I got it.

I checked all the connections on the board nothing looks loose. The tie wrap looks fine nothing appears to have broken loose. Just says node 8 not found on boot.

7F5F5BAE-4A5C-4E0A-9590-C52586D0D11A (resized).jpeg7F5F5BAE-4A5C-4E0A-9590-C52586D0D11A (resized).jpeg
#1713 5 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

What does the replay feature do for you on Aerosmith if you have the game on freeplay? I've noticed that when I get the message that says replay and the annoying loud screeching pop sounds off that the stern games are known for nothing really happens. At least not that I know of. I figured you would get an extra ball or something but after the 3rd ball drains its game over. Is the game supposed to do anything? I just want to make sure its not a software bug and its functioning normally. Thanks.

For my games I go into adjustments and change replay award to extra ball. You can also set for points if you want.

#1714 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Yes that is the kit I had my dealer install before it left the showroom. Last March is when I got it.
I checked all the connections on the board nothing looks loose. The tie wrap looks fine nothing appears to have broken loose. Just says node 8 not found on boot.[quoted image]

The diode can still break off the board then. I'd check continuity there. Seems like you lost at least partial power to the board.

#1715 5 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I am so on the fence about this machine. One popped up locally in great shape (huo) for 4500. Just not really sure about since I have never really played it that much. Only once or twice at the expos and so much is going on there it's hard to focus on one machine. What everyone's thoughts? This would be my first modern stern as well.

@jon9598 you’re welcome to come down to Duluth and put 20 games on mine. I can give you the run-down on risk/reward and scoring strategies. I consider it on par with my other late-model Sterns.

#1716 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I checked all the connections on the board nothing looks loose. The tie wrap looks fine nothing appears to have broken loose. Just says node 8 not found on boot.[quoted image]

I would eye ball that diode, it looks pretty twisted, check that the legs are still soldered in place.

#1717 5 years ago

Thanks everyone. Looks like it would have been a great title. I ended up buying a gotg that popped up in my area instead.

#1718 5 years ago

Had some weird toy box behavior today (2000+ total plays)

intermittently tracking balls in the toy box, test did produce normal switch closures/operation. Sometimes locking a ball, but then just sitting there and one time it kicked out a ball to the shooter and kicked out of the toy box and then one drained at it ended that ball.

Q-tipped with some cleaner to the 6 optos inside the toy box that detect flight into the toy box. This seems to have corrected the problem, back to working correctly.
Just a heads up.

#1719 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Had some weird toy box behavior today (2000+ total plays)
intermittently tracking balls in the toy box, test did produce normal switch closures/operation. Sometimes locking a ball, but then just sitting there and one time it kicked out a ball to the shooter and kicked out of the toy box and then one drained at it ended that ball.
Q-tipped with some cleaner to the 6 optos inside the toy box that detect flight into the toy box. This seems to have corrected the problem, back to working correctly.
Just a heads up.

You might want to check the connections on the left side of the toy box that run up through the playfield. Mine completely disconnected at around 1200 games.

#1720 5 years ago

NEW Interactive Game Guide for Aerosmith: http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=902

-- Displays Shots on Shot Map for selected rule
-- Optimized for Cell Phones

Please check it out

pbz_aerosmith (resized).pngpbz_aerosmith (resized).png
#1721 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

NEW Interactive Game Guide for Aerosmith: http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=902
-- Displays Shots on Shot Map for selected rule
-- Optimized for Cell Phones
Please check it out[quoted image]

Thank you very much for this information ,this is what I've been looking for. I have a pro model but a lot of this still applies. Thanks again!

#1722 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Thank you very much for this information ,this is what I've been looking for. I have a pro model but a lot of this still applies. Thanks again!

I also have a 2013 pro model Star Trek. Is there anything like this out there for this game?

#1723 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

I also have a 2013 pro model Star Trek. Is there anything like this out there for this game?

Sure - Here is Stern Star Trek: http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=884

If you go here: http://pinballzoo.com/Games you can search for any game
- I've got almost every game in the system, but only have rules/guides for around 30 games so far

#1724 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Sure - Here is Stern Star Trek: http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=884
If you go here: http://pinballzoo.com/Games you can search for any game
- I've got almost every game in the system, but only have rules/guides for around 30 games so far

Thank you very much!

#1725 5 years ago

Where's the Beef.

2gdvve (resized).jpg2gdvve (resized).jpg
#1726 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Where's the Beef.
[quoted image]

Stern seen that code needed more than polishing. So it's going to be end of summer. . you still have time to purchase a new game.

#1727 5 years ago

If they wanted to sell more should have had one rolled out during Steve’s VMA performance. He could have pretended to play it during the song.

#1728 5 years ago

Sadly I grew impatient and jumped ship. Now there are no local Aerosmith games that I know of to play.

#1729 5 years ago

Guys, serious question:
I am seeing lots of aerosmith's selling for 4500 (pro), and am wondering.... why? Does the game not have legs? I played this five times and LOVED it, and I want one, but man is it making me nervous to see all of them for sale so cheap. What's going on?

#1730 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Guys, serious question:
I am seeing lots of aerosmith's selling for 4500 (pro), and am wondering.... why? Does the game not have legs? I played this five times and LOVED it, and I want one, but man is it making me nervous to see all of them for sale so cheap. What's going on?

Sorta 1993 Data East software... well, minus the attract mode, outlane sounds, working skill-shot, etc.

Other marks against the game would be no updates for a year, misc bugs, not the most awesome theme, etc.

I dig mine a lot but I’ve got code masterpieces like TSPP & TWD so AS is a great contrast. Its a looker with that art within more art containing references next to more references. IMO it has cool animations & the awesome Jacky.

The vibe of the game is retro & it sometimes tricks my mind into thinking I’m transported to the 70’s and playing a NIB game from that era then I snap back into reality & feel as if I’m playing my most modern game yet. It’s a weird sensation. Maybe it’s somehing I ate/drank

You’re in a good place if you like a game others sell @ a discount. Get a deal on one & join the club if the next update is legit.

It does need some more meat n taters in the rules department. It’s not a turd IMO, it’s just not on par with most Stern offerings in the code department. Not even close.

#1731 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Guys, serious question:

All used Pros should be 4500-4700.

I paid $4600 USD for mine new. I think my buddy in California paid $4900. So that pricing is spot on.

Other pros are around that too - saw a late run Star Trek Pro for $4500 last week.

You’ll see lots of pins coming up on the marketplace with all these new pins hitting the market. Most people only have limited money, limited room, and a lot have ADHD and “FOMO” for the new titles.

So buy one for $4500 - enjoy it - then sell it for $4400 when you’re done with it.

rd

#1732 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Guys, serious question:

The code is pretty good as it sits, I’ve been to final tour twice. Each country you visit pays off scoring wise pretty large, then it heads back to the U.S, starting in L.A. I ended up in Toronto I think it was, I’m assuming the ending was Boston. My friend filmed it, it was pretty cool, especially the animations.
With that said, the biggest problem with the game is it’s really hit or miss, because there’s no save progression for sweet emotion and toy box multi ball. Love in an Elevator is hard enough, because it takes more and more shots just to start it.

The game really dictates where you’re going based off whether or not you pulled off all three of those and completed them and it’s hard to juggle those multiballs to do so.
It’s a beautiful pin that despite some of its short comings is still a lot of fun to play.
I’m hoping, though however unlikely, that they implement some vip passes like medals awarded in Star Trek, that are cashed out during either wizard mode, real incentive based stuff. CIU like Metallica would be a decent addition too.

Combine that with saved mode progression, and this game would be a total blast, it’s a shame that most people won’t see the final tour as it sits, but if they were to do things like those listed above, you’d have a fantastic push start again and again type of game. Fingers crossed.

#1733 5 years ago

Cmoooon code!

#1734 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

The code is pretty good as it sits, I’ve been to final tour twice. Each country you visit pays off scoring wise pretty large, then it heads back to the U.S, starting in L.A. I ended up in Toronto I think it was, I’m assuming the ending was Boston. My friend filmed it, it was pretty cool, especially the animations.
With that said, the biggest problem with the game is it’s really hit or miss, because there’s no save progression for sweet emotion and toy box multi ball. Love in an Elevator is hard enough, because it takes more and more shots just to start it.
The game really dictates where you’re going based off whether or not you pulled off all three of those and completed them and it’s hard to juggle those multiballs to do so.
It’s a beautiful pin that despite some of its short comings is still a lot of fun to play.
I’m hoping, though however unlikely, that they implement some vip passes like medals awarded in Star Trek, that are cashed out during either wizard mode, real incentive based stuff. CIU like Metallica would be a decent addition too.
Combine that with saved mode progression, and this game would be a total blast, it’s a shame that most people won’t see the final tour as it sits, but if they were to do things like those listed above, you’d have a fantastic push start again and again type of game. Fingers crossed.

I approve of this post.

Yes, getting to the final wiz is hard. I almost did it once ...

I agree, some progression on Sweet Emotion and TITA would be good.

People like skillshots (I could care less...) so maybe the shot into the lock could be utilised.

Drop it in from the top = 300k, plus spots a toy box lock.

Super skill shot - plunge all the way round and shoot the lock shot = 600k plus spots a toy box lock.

2nd skill shot - slow plunge to left elevator lock switch = 300k plus spots a elevator lock.

rd

#1735 5 years ago

I installed a lock lane cliffy and after putting my game back together I have a plastic I forgot to reinstall. where does it go? Thanks!

20180820_072424 (resized).jpg20180820_072424 (resized).jpg
#1736 5 years ago

Under the right ramp me thinks

20180826_144010 (resized).jpg20180826_144010 (resized).jpg
#1737 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Sadly I grew impatient and jumped ship. Now there are no local Aerosmith games that I know of to play.

According to pinballmap.com, there's a Pro at Mattingly's Sports Bar & Grill and Two Plumbers Brewery + Arcade. There's an LE at Red Fish Blue Fish. All are in St. Charles.

#1738 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

According to pinballmap.com, there's a Pro at Mattingly's Sports Bar & Grill and Two Plumbers Brewery + Arcade. There's an LE at Red Fish Blue Fish. All are in St. Charles.

Thanks 2 plumbers is where I'll go, when code is released.

1 week later
#1739 5 years ago

Is today the day for code update?

#1740 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I just picked one up yesterday in hopes that this is a good update. The game is fun as is but could use some polish. Hoping the rumors are true.

#1741 5 years ago

Today is the day! That we find out code is pushed back again! Lol man I sure hope not.

#1742 5 years ago

Is today Stern of the Union?

#1743 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Is today Stern of the Union?

Yes.

#1744 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I got e-mails from Stern about updates for Batman and Deadpool but no Aerosmith.

#1745 5 years ago

This month...

#1746 5 years ago

We'll we're almost there. What's another week or three. My game is on 10 ball now. My score is about 3.5 time better now. I'll only lose high score with new code. Lol

#1747 5 years ago

I'm just waiting on the code update before putting this one on the block. We will see if the update makes it a keeper for another 6 to 12 months. But if the ball drains out the outlane with no sound, then it is gone. I just can't stand the silence!

#1748 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I'm just waiting on the code update before putting this one on the block. We will see if the update makes it a keeper for another 6 to 12 months. But if the ball drains out the outlane with no sound, then it is gone. I just can't stand the silence!

Outlane sounds are a must and id ike to see the CIU utilized more like Metallica, maybe with some extra music.

#1749 5 years ago

Is it just me, or are hitting Stern scoops like Aerosmith and GOTG unsatisfying vs like a Spooky scoop where the ball actually drops. In Aerosmith it is more like hitting a saucer.

#1750 5 years ago

Sooo.....shouldn't we had heard something by now?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/35?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.