20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 82.
#1651 5 years ago

Code should be released next week during the State of the Union announcement!!!

#1652 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Code should be released next week during the State of the Union announcement!!!

That a fact?

#1653 5 years ago

No facts. They announced in March it would be mid-summer. August is as close to mid-summer as possible and with the State of the Union happening next Tuesday, the timing would make sense.

#1654 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

No facts. They announced in March it would be mid-summer. August is as close to mid-summer is possible and with the State of the Union happening next Tuesday, the timing would make sense.

August 6th is mid- summer.

#1655 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

No facts. They announced in March it would be mid-summer.

They (Stern) say a lot.

Big hat, no cattle.

Times may be a changing however. Additional programmers bring hope.

It would be cool if (useful) new AS code dropped next week. But, IMO when Stern makes an announcement two things are happening.

1. They’re trying to restore consumer confidence & sell more new shit.
2. It’s a forcest of a project’s progress not a deadline set in stone

If Stern did drop code next week it would be a coincidence. Sure, it sounds like I just want to be right so I’m hedging my bets but I gave up trying to be right after getting married

#1656 5 years ago

I'm looking at getting another pin, but tired of waiting 2 year for code after game has been released. Aerosmith had been out 14 month before I purchased. Just knew code was just around the corner. Man was I Wrong.

#1657 5 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

3D printing is out for me so I'll see if I can find one online somewhere. Did you see if yours held in place when you manually pushed it up? It seems strange that mine will hold when pushed manually but not when in play.

You can just cut a small piece of plastic (PETG or whatever) in a narrow rectangular shape and drill 2 holes in it to make a new ledge. I faked up one for GoT and it's been going strong for more than a year.

#1658 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'm looking at getting another pin, but tired of waiting 2 year for code after game has been released. Aerosmith had been out 14 month before I purchased. Just knew code was just around the corner. Man was I Wrong.

Just avoid Lonnie games and you'll avoid quite a bit of code disappointment.

#1659 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Thanks for the info! Makes sense... due to texture of the apron it likely will come off easier! Hey, you got a shot w/ if you game w/ the apron?

Here's a pic. Looks great when the flashers underneath go off.

20180801_211613 (resized).jpg20180801_211613 (resized).jpg
#1660 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's for sure and what I posted some time back.
I have a Mustang Premium and wasted money on a shaker motor. I feel it shake 1 time per ball, at launch. That game was abandoned halfway through production.

#1661 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Actually people just need to buy code complete games only if they are going to complain about the code. Everybody knows going into a new game that there will have to be code updates and bug fixes and that sometimes it takes a long time for you to get the fixes so just buy code complete games or don't buy at all.

AS to me though is pretty code complete already so im personally not disapointed in the game. It would have been nice if it would have been done by now but i also knew that it wouldn't be. Im getting IMDN today and i know the code still needs work. I expect that kieth will be working on the code for quite some time yet. Now if he abandones the game id be pissed but i do expect that i will be waiting awhile before IMDN is considered code complete. I don't like waiting but at the same time its fun to watch a game mature and it keeps the game fresh and exciting everytime a new update drops.

#1662 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im getting IMDN today and i know the code still needs work

In my opinion the IMDN code from the first delievered state was light years ahead.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

AS to me though is pretty code complete already

The AS code almost works but is weak unbalanced and very shallow coded in so much directions.
And for my taste Mr. Ropp copies himself again and again.
Over the last years when I look at the machines he was involved that are always the worse ones.

I hope with the new staff members the bring so much passion in the company stern see how harmful this guy is.

#1663 5 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Here's a pic. Looks great when the flashers underneath go off.
[quoted image]

Just outta curiosity, which flashers did you tie it to? I was just thinking the ones under the toybox

#1664 5 years ago

Is there a way to test the coil for the elevator drop target? I went into the menu but didn't see one for that coil or if I did I didn't recognize it. Also does anyone know if there is coil strength setting for the drop target coil? I'm thinking probably not but I inspected the catch ledge on mine and it seems to be fine and not broken but still will not stay up when I start a game. I can push it up by hand and it locks fine. If there is a coil strength setting maybe it is too low to lock the target in the up position?

#1665 5 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

Is there a way to test the coil for the elevator drop target? I went into the menu but didn't see one for that coil or if I did I didn't recognize it. Also does anyone know if there is coil strength setting for the drop target coil? I'm thinking probably not but I inspected the catch ledge on mine and it seems to be fine and not broken but still will not stay up when I start a game. I can push it up by hand and it locks fine. If there is a coil strength setting maybe it is too low to lock the target in the up position?

There is a drop target test in the service menu. No coil strength setting though. I didn't recognize that my ledge had issues until i unscrewed it... It broke all apart. My ledge was broken from overtightening from the factory.. I had to get a new ledge and put a small washer on each side to push the ledge out some. I spoke with Stern support to find out that lots of people are having the issue the the drop target. So with the new ledge and small washer - no further problems with it going up/down.

#1666 5 years ago

The two small black plastic parts which are screwed in are broken. The lip on the elevator arm isn’t able to grip them. I guess these are the ledges that you were referring to? Where do you get replacements from? Or would there be something better to replace them with I wonder?

8E6D7023-5D26-494E-932C-43AAC07A5D49 (resized).jpeg8E6D7023-5D26-494E-932C-43AAC07A5D49 (resized).jpeg
#1667 5 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

There is a drop target test in the service menu. No coil strength setting though. I didn't recognize that my ledge had issues until i unscrewed it... It broke all apart. My ledge was broken from overtightening from the factory.. I had to get a new ledge and put a small washer on each side to push the ledge out some. I spoke with Stern support to find out that lots of people are having the issue the the drop target. So with the new ledge and small washer - no further problems with it going up/down.

You can change the overall coil strength to about 5% less by setting coil strength to soft.

Stern cheaped out and made those plastic drop target ledges thinner around Game of Thrones time. I never had one break on any machine EVER before that point. I've had two break on two different machines since then. Another hidden cost reduction by Stern not passed to customers.

#1668 5 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:There is a drop target test in the service menu. No coil strength setting though. I didn't recognize that my ledge had issues until i unscrewed it... It broke all apart. My ledge was broken from overtightening from the factory.. I had to get a new ledge and put a small washer on each side to push the ledge out some. I spoke with Stern support to find out that lots of people are having the issue the the drop target. So with the new ledge and small washer - no further problems with it going up/down.

Okay so are these the same pieces that you had problems with then or something else. Is the ledge the part that pushes up the elevator drop target and sticks out and catches on the two screwed in plastic pieces? I'm not sure what part you replaced. For me the two black plastic pieces that you see screwed in on the photo are broken and can't catch the elevator arm that comes up. Those are what I need replacements for. Also for setting the coil to soft are you talking about the drop target coil? Previously you said there was no strength setting for that coil.

#1669 5 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

The two small black plastic parts which are screwed in are broken. The lip on the elevator arm isn’t able to grip them. I guess these are the ledges that you were referring to? Where do you get replacements from? Or would there be something better to replace them with I wonder?
[quoted image]

See the PCB and the connections on the back of it. You also need to make sure that all those connections are secure.

#1670 5 years ago

Can anyone let me know if the elevator drop target is supposed to be down while the power is off or when in attract mode? I think I fixed my drop target problem by replacing the broken plastic spacers with 6-32 hex nuts and during play it seems to function fine but the drop target just stays up or down after a game is over depending on where it is when the game ends. I just want to make sure that is normal and that it isn't supposed to go down after a game ends. The game is new to me and I didn't observe what it is supposed to do before it broke and all the pictures that I've seen show it down with power off or in attract mode. Thanks.

#1671 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

See the PCB and the connections on the back of it. You also need to make sure that all those connections are secure.

whatever position the targets are in at the end of the game is where they stay until the game Powers up with a new game.

#1672 5 years ago

Okay thank you. Thats what I figured but just waned to make sure it was working properly after I fixed it.

#1673 5 years ago

I am so on the fence about this machine. One popped up locally in great shape (huo) for 4500. Just not really sure about since I have never really played it that much. Only once or twice at the expos and so much is going on there it's hard to focus on one machine. What everyone's thoughts? This would be my first modern stern as well.

#1674 5 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I am so on the fence about this machine. One popped up locally in great shape (huo) for 4500. Just not really sure about since I have never really played it that much. Only once or twice at the expos and so much is going on there it's hard to focus on one machine. What everyone's thoughts? This would be my first modern stern as well.

AS is a great game and its alot of fun and its a great shooting game that’s definitely worth owning. It has a fun and simple rule set that is straightforward and easy to learn. The game is gorgeous as you know and its a pretty good challenge but the game i would say is far more on the fun side and not frustrating. I own AS Pro and i still enjoy playing it as much as i ever did. With that being said though, if you have $1100 more dollars, i would recommend a New IMDN or MET, TWD and maybe even a couple of others over AS.

Is AS worth 4500 dollars though and does it have long term staying power in a home environment? I think so personally. If you like IMDN though and have a little extra cash, go get a new Iron Maiden Pro and be done with it.

#1675 5 years ago

I respectfully disagree with Who-dey. Aerosmith is a lot of fun. I'm not part of the IMDN lovefest. If you want a faster playing game with good shots, flow, and a great toy then go Aerosmith. IMDN ball times are long (so long that I left credits on the machine), shots are good but didn't feel as smooth to me(compared to Aerosmith) , and has no toy or mech. And don't forget the music. My whole family (kids included) enjoy Aerosmith and I can't stand IMDN. Plus I prefer the cartoonish Aerosmith animations over the phone app, playstation 1 IMDN animations. Either way, no reason to buy NIB, even if you want IMDN, with all the new titles coming out, there will be plenty of HUO IMDN on the market in the next 6-12 months.

#1676 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I respectfully disagree with Who-dey. Aerosmith is a lot of fun. I'm not part of the IMDN lovefest. If you want a faster playing game with good shots, flow, and a great toy then go Aerosmith. IMDN ball times are long (so long that I left credits on the machine), shots are good but didn't feel as smooth to me(compared to Aerosmith) , and has no toy or mech. And don't forget the music. My whole family (kids included) enjoy Aerosmith and I can't stand IMDN. Plus I prefer the cartoonish Aerosmith animations over the phone app, playstation 1 IMDN animations. Either way, no reason to buy NIB, even if you want IMDN, with all the new titles coming out, there will be plenty of HUO IMDN on the market in the next 6-12 months.

Everybody likes different things so no offense taken, but its pretty hard to deny all of the excitement that IMDN has generated to pinball fans. IMDN is selling like hot cakes for a reason and that reason is because its an amazing game. I would bet you that IMDN sales have already trumped AS sales in the first 2 or 3 months that its been out.

#1677 5 years ago

Does anyone want to trade an Aerosmith pro + cash for my HUO Aerosmith LE let me know thanks.

#1678 5 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I am so on the fence about this machine. One popped up locally in great shape (huo) for 4500.

Go buy it.

Fun game.

rd

#1679 5 years ago

AS is a good game and code is about to be polish. (Next week). Crile1 is right about IMDN, I finally play it 2 weeks ago. Put in 2 bucks for 5 games. Won 2 games but couldn't wait to get off. I'm looking for a new pin myself. Gave a list of pins (6) to some friends to play and let me know what they like. No one picked IMDN. $4500 Aerosmith Pro get it. Or if you want new Star Wars, GOTG, MET or TWD

#1680 5 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

AS is a really is a fun machine that appeals to non-pinheads probably more than hardcore pinheads. Some of the shots are tight and rewarding when hit and some scoring strategies are there too. New code is around the corner (who knows if that will bring anything substantial). Elevator multiball is visually stunning and easy to play but hard to master. The music is great and some of the songs really get you going. The artwork is awesome, screen graphics are great too. Of all my machines, AS and SP are the most played by non-pinhead friends. SW gets played by non-pinheads also but it is too complicated for them to figure out and they get frustrated and move on. Funny, the loathed-by-Pinside SP is one of the games my pinhead friends play the most but that is another story.

Who is going to be playing this game, spouse, kids, friends, only you?

Are you a fan of Aerosmith music?

#1681 5 years ago

I really hope this next week for code rumor is true. Is it backed by anything more than the middle of the summer comment Stern made?

#1682 5 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I owned an IMDN and beat the whole game, it’s amazing. The ONLY reason I got rid of it was because it was needed as part of a trade to get my grail (MM)

With that said, I haven’t been able to shake Aerosmith since it’s come out. I finally got to play this a lot at Pintastic along with Star Wars and Guardians. I liked Star Wars the best of the three and is my next purchase, followed by GOTG which is tons of fun and I actually felt underwhelmed by Aerosmith because it kept kicking my ass and had me pressing start over and over again...

So today I grabbed one because it was too good of a price to pass up (with a fully wired spare cab due to cracking on the other) and I’ve started to dig in and peel back the layers. It’s really well rounded and like others have said, lots of fun. The code feels solid enough, so any update will quickly make this pin jump up the ranks. The animations are awesome too, it’s just both a beautiful looking game and super fun to play once you know what the hell youre doing.
089797FB-AF9F-4BC2-BF15-3C151041A9A2 (resized).jpeg089797FB-AF9F-4BC2-BF15-3C151041A9A2 (resized).jpeg4413BEC1-34F4-4B6C-8C10-6869CFD29FE9 (resized).jpeg4413BEC1-34F4-4B6C-8C10-6869CFD29FE9 (resized).jpeg

#1683 5 years ago

I'm selling off my Aerosmith Topper and Headphone/Volume jack if anyone is looking to pick one up...

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “I like the topper, but I am starting to slim down the collection and would prefer to sell this apart from the machine. This was purchased in March from The Pinball Shoppe for a li...”
2018-08-05
St. Louis, MO
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 24 times

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “This is currently connected to an Aerosmith Pro since April and works flawlessly. This has the connector for Spike 2 systems - ignore the 3.5 connector on the attached stock pictu...”
2018-08-05
St. Louis, MO
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 70 times

#1684 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

AS is a good game and code is about to be polish. (Next week). Crile1 is right about IMDN, I finally play it 2 weeks ago. Put in 2 bucks for 5 games. Won 2 games but couldn't wait to get off. I'm looking for a new pin myself. Gave a list of pins (6) to some friends to play and let me know what they like. No one picked IMDN. $4500 Aerosmith Pro get it. Or if you want new Star Wars, GOTG, MET or TWD

Holy bargain with the $2/5 plays on a new machine. Where was that? Someone isn't doing a split or isn't making money.

#1685 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Holy bargain with the $2/5 plays on a new machine. Where was that? Someone isn't doing a split or isn't making money.

Flippers Arcade
6615 Caratoke Hwy,
Grandy, North Carolina 27939
Most of all the new games are LE or Premium. Tron on up. Can't beat the price

#1686 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Flippers Arcade
6615 Caratoke Hwy,

20180716_073709 (resized).jpg20180716_073709 (resized).jpg20180716_073719 (resized).jpg20180716_073719 (resized).jpg20180716_073725 (resized).jpg20180716_073725 (resized).jpg
#1687 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We have ours on Free Play at Rupert's Kids Arcade. $5 for an hour, $10 for the day for all our machines, pins included. It's a charity arcade in Shelbyville, IN.

#1688 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Flippers Arcade
6615 Caratoke Hwy,

That place is awesome. I stop by every time I am around.

#1689 5 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

That place is awesome. I stop by every time I am around.

We do the same, it's also on our stops to and from the OBX. They have a Fall tournament in November. As well as a Spring one in April too.

OBX FLIPPERS FALL TOURNAMENT.
11-16-18

#1690 5 years ago

Disappointed to find the bonus x is capped at 9x, the same kind of thing found in Space Jam. That's unacceptable in this day and age. Here's hoping some polished code comes out very soon, especially with progression save for the modes, there was no reason to make some saved and some not.

#1691 5 years ago

Ok I was wrong, no more predictions on Code release. Just enjoy what you have. ha ha

Status of Code:

We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; we will release them upon update completion. Here are some of the latest updates and the status of things in the works. As always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to [email protected]:

Aerosmith – Work continues on the next Aerosmith update and it’s taking longer than anticipated with internal development, testing, and trying to make a great game even better! Our goal is to release this by the end of next month.

#1692 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Our goal is to release this by the end of next month.

#1693 5 years ago

If the update truly improves the game, take until the end of the month. Take two months. Just make the game the best it can possibly be.

#1694 5 years ago

Wishful code:

Make bonus x 99x deep. Yeah, you won't get 99, but getting 9x (the cap is way too easy) Let's get that bonus cranking.

Save mode progression. Keep the timers if you want, but let's save the mode progression so it's not a crap shoot if you happen to the final wizard mode, the game is hard enough.

Backstage pass collection like Star Trek's Medal System, and or a real CRI like Metallica for song cash outs. You've got the scoop, use it!

That's really all, and I'd be happy. This is Lonnie's chance to put some faith back in the players hands and prove that he's more than just a lazy coder.

#1695 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Make bonus x 99x deep. Yeah, you won't get 99, but getting 9x (the cap is way too easy) Let's get that bonus cranking

I’ve never worked out how to get bonus X?

Same with KISS ....

How do you do it?

rd

#1696 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’ve never worked out how to get bonus X?
Same with KISS ....
How do you do it?
rd

Right and left inlanes, however, only the left side is changeable, meaning that once you random roll in or from a ramp on the left switches, you can only change the left two switches. Right is not changeable. In other words you have to make at least three shots or roll ins to get “X”

Kiss I can’t remember but it might have to do with getting a lot of bonus to get that 2x on the pf

#1697 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Right and left inlanes, however, only the left side is changeable, meaning that once you random roll in or from a ramp on the left switches, you can only change the left two switches. Right is not changeable. In other words you have to make at least three shots or roll ins to get “X”
Kiss I can’t remember but it might have to do with getting a lot of bonus to get that 2x on the pf

The 2x and 3x on Kiss are the PF multipliers?

I’d imagine the bonus X is the same as AS - most things are.

That lane change sounds broken, the way you explain it. Do you think it has a bug? Surely the lanes should all change?

(I’m away from my AS so I can’t check it ...)

rd

#1698 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The 2x and 3x on Kiss are the PF multipliers?
I’d imagine the bonus X is the same as AS - most things are.
That lane change sounds broken, the way you explain it. Do you think it has a bug? Surely the lanes should all change?
(I’m away from my AS so I can’t check it ...)
rd

No the right lane is not broken, programmed to work that way. You can program the left lanes not to rotate in the game settings to make the game more difficult.

#1699 5 years ago

Apparently Stern has completely stopped production on Aerosmith already
Great game, hopefully it gets another run

#1700 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Apparently Stern has completely stopped production on Aerosmith already
Great game, hopefully it gets another run

If it doesn't get another run, it would only increase the value of the one already produced.(maybe) It's a great game, but lack of code has keep it down. Kind of like Mustang, that code was never completed. Poor sale and production halted. Now that the bar has been rising because of IMDN all game may get a polish and shine like they were meant too. IMO

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 24.95
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 12.75
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/34?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.