Topic Stats

• 2,424 posts
  • 251 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by mbwalker
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 377 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190318_201608.png
20190318_201234.png
2F2E97C9-5FF3-4720-9AFA-7494ADE5B846 (resized).jpeg
880AC633-8F2F-4B43-A488-58CBDFB5D4C6 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0038 (resized).jpg
75B38345-3E2B-436A-81A1-83114B3F8D9B (resized).jpeg
20190125_174947 (resized).jpg
20190125_174959 (resized).jpg
Hole Centered (resized).jpg
Back (resized).jpg
Front (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190113_151009 (resized).jpg
20190113_150957 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2424 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 49.
#1601 8 months ago

Mine also misses the first time in the first game. Used to miss a lot more than that until I set the coil power back to 196. Just go into adjustments ,coil and find the right upper eject hole and adjust it accordingly. If I remember correctly the factory setting was 220 mine now is 196. You can fine-tune it from there, the higher the number the harder the ball is hit by the solenoid.

#1602 8 months ago

please AS owners, tell me why i should swap my TWD vs AS !?

to help, here're some facts about me : my son & i are players (not pins collector), we like the way Lyman is coding (he's simply the best), not saying i dont like like Lonnie (but let's just say his work is just without surprise, pin after pin... the good point here is the "risk factor" MB as in Mustang), a new AS code should be coming (but see before), in this case themes are on the same level, i'm still afraid with the spike system (that's also why i sold my GB and bought the TWD in SAM), i use to make my pins turn around because i dont have freeplace (and unlimited money) and we have played enough TWD (but no overdose at all, still loving it), ...

!?

tanx

#1603 8 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

please AS owners, tell me why i should swap my TWD vs AS !?
to help, here're some facts about me : my son & i are players (not pins collector), we like the way Lyman is coding (he's simply the best), not saying i dont like like Lonnie (but let's just say his work is just without surprise, pin after pin... the good point here is the "risk factor" MB as in Mustang), a new AS code should be coming (but see before), in this case themes are on the same level, i'm still afraid with the spike system (that's also why i sold my GB and bought the TWD in SAM), i use to make my pins turn around because i dont have freeplace (and unlimited money) and we have played enough TWD (but no overdose at all, still loving it), ...
!?
tanx

I probably wouldn’t trade TWD for AS but if you are looking for something new because TWD is getting stale to you i would probably sell it and buy IMDN.

#1604 8 months ago

Where’s the code already, we are now past the mid point of summer!

#1605 8 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i'm still afraid with the spike system (that's also why i sold my GB and bought the TWD in SAM)tanx

I wouldn't worry about the spike system. The "pinball expert" who made the youtube video against the spike system doesn't tell you he was illegally importing new stern machines and got caught... Then all of a sudden he's anti spike. He's dodgy.

#1606 8 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I probably wouldn’t trade TWD for AS but if you are looking for something new because TWD is getting stale to you i would probably sell it and buy IMDN.

I have both as and imdn. Both very different games.. AS is more of a guest/ non pinball person pleaser. My non pinball guests are first attracted to imdn but quickly leave balls in play and go back to AS. Currently, for a “player” I believe twd or imdn to be better. We’ll see what happens in this code update stern keeps bragging about.

#1607 8 months ago

Just installed the Stern Pinball Support Slide Bracket from PBL. Now can slide playfield out an additional 12" when I go to work on it. It work really well when I waxed playfield today. I have only inches between backboxes so this helped a lot. While I was at it I moved out lanes post to help reduce drains. Will move back when new "Deep Code" is released.

20180721_104834 (resized).jpg20180721_104854_HDR (resized).jpg
#1608 8 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Just installed the Stern Pinball Support Slide Bracket from PBL. Now can slide playfield out an additional 12" when I go to work on it.

Awesome! How was installation? Do you have to (pre)drill any holes? Or are the holes already there from the factory?

#1609 8 months ago
Quoted from andre060:

Awesome! How was installation? Do you have to (pre)drill any holes? Or are the holes already there from the factory?

You need to pre-drill them. But there a punch marks already on underside of playfield. Just put tape on drill bit to mark depth and go slow.

#1610 8 months ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I have both as and imdn. Both very different games.. AS is more of a guest/ non pinball person pleaser. My non pinball guests are first attracted to imdn but quickly leave balls in play and go back to AS. Currently, for a “player” I believe twd or imdn to be better. We’ll see what happens in this code update stern keeps bragging about.

Yesi agree totally. I have AS pro and i really like the game alot, but TWD is still the better game plain and simple. I also like IMDN better than AS too, but im still not looking to get rid of my AS anytime soon because its fun as heck.

#1611 8 months ago

My TWD is next and that will be as soon as I get off work. It seems as if I'm always going under the hood to do something. But like I said worked well for waxing playfield in my tight quarters.

#1612 8 months ago

Swapped out the t-molding on my le. The chrome didn't work so I went purple.

First pic is one on each side, 2nd is end result.

IMG_20180722_115924 (resized).jpgIMG_20180722_121416 (resized).jpg
#1613 8 months ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Swapped out the t-molding on my le. The chrome didn't work so I went purple.
First pic is one on each side, 2nd is end result.

The purple T-molding looks like it should have come from factory. Looks Good.

#1614 8 months ago

Sold mine... Out of club .

#1615 8 months ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Sold mine... Out of club .

Code update will be killer in 16ish days. The grass isn't always greener. Walk this Way.

#1616 8 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Code update will be killer in 16ish days. The grass isn't always greener. Walk this Way.

New code in 16 days? And you know this how?

#1617 8 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

New code in 16 days? And you know this how?

Stern of the union said Aerosmith would be first sometime in mid-summer. August 6th is mid- summer. To answer question (wishful thinking) plus they said it is deep in development.

#1618 8 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Stern of the union said Aerosmith would be first sometime in mid-summer. August 6th is mid- summer. To answer question (wishful thinking) plus they said it is deep in development.

I wouldn't put too much into that. Hopefully its true but im not holding my breath.

#1619 8 months ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

I was wondering if it is normal for the ball to miss the shot going into the toybox every now and then. Is there a coil setting that seems to work best for the kicker that shoots the ball into the toybox which helps to minimize the missed shots?

Yes. It's nowhere near as accurate as the Houdini trunk throw.

#1620 8 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Where’s the code already, we are now past the mid point of summer!

No we're not. We're exactly 1/3 of the way through summer.

#1621 8 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I wouldn't put too much into that. Hopefully its true but im not holding my breath.

And I did add "ish" to that date. Besides by then you'll be playing IMDN Premium and forget all about a Awesome Aerosmith Code Update.

#1622 8 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

And I did add "ish" to that date. Besides by then you'll be playing IMDN Premium and forget all about a Awesome Aerosmith Code Update.

No way, i will still love my AS too. Its too good of a game to forget about. Im excited for the code update on it. AS is a very good shooting game and tons of fun.

#1623 8 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Yes. It's nowhere near as accurate as the Houdini trunk throw.

Yea. The catapult was a better choice and also the fact it’s a straight shot on Houdini just make it easier and more predictable. I feel like if my toy box was a half inch to the left and a half inch forward it would hit every time within an ultra wide margin of coil strength

#1624 8 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Just installed the Stern Pinball Support Slide Bracket from PBL. Now can slide playfield out an additional 12" when I go to work on it. It work really well when I waxed playfield today. I have only inches between backboxes so this helped a lot. While I was at it I moved out lanes post to help reduce drains. Will move back when new "Deep Code" is released.

I would not hold my breath waiting for "Deep Code" on AS. I feel the update will be similar to GOTG rules. Tidying up what is already there, and maybe an extra multiball. If the code update is "deep" that is good too. I fell that the game is already solid, we love ours and it gets played more than MET.

#1625 8 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I would not hold my breath waiting for "Deep Code" on AS. I feel the update will be similar to GOTG rules. Tidying up what is already there, and maybe an extra multiball. If the code update is "deep" that is good too. I fell that the game is already solid, we love ours and it gets played more than MET.

It's a Lonnie experience, so it will not be polished to a sheen. Just be happy to have the bugs fixed and another mode, maybe.

#1626 8 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

No we're not. We're exactly 1/3 of the way through summer.

I was being sarcastic but as far as I’m concerned, my measure is based on kids out of school to kids back in school and we are past halfway on my calendar.

#1627 8 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I was being sarcastic but as far as I’m concerned, my measure is based on kids out of school to kids back in school and we are past halfway on my calendar.

Depends where you're from. Up here in Ontario, kids finish end of June, off July/August, back after labor day.

#1628 8 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I would not hold my breath waiting for "Deep Code" on AS. I feel the update will be similar to GOTG rules

Yep.

If anyone is expecting AS to somehow turn into The Hobbit overnight, you are going to be disappointed.

And to be honest - if it did turn into the Hobbit, I’d sell the thing! Haha

rd

#1629 8 months ago

I just got done playing my Aerosmith and all i can say is code smode, this game is awesome! Yeah the code needs a little polish and its very basic but this game is flat out fun as hell. I will take whatever they give us but even if they just did some bug fixes and polish to the code, this game still rocks. Anything extra will just be icing on the cake for us! Job well done on this pin Lonnie and John Borg!

#1630 8 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I base it on;

Summer - Jun, Jul, Aug
Autumn - Sept, Oct, Nov
Winter - Dec, Jan, Feb
Spring - Mar, Apr, May

Or maybe it could be based on the Summer Solstice being the mid point of the year (Jun 22nd)?

So by my reckoning we're already halfway through Summer - and the code's late, hardly a major revelation.

#1631 8 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just got done playing my Aerosmith and all i can say is code smode, this game is awesome! Yeah the code needs a little polish and its very basic but this game is flat out fun as hell. I will take whatever they give us but even if they just did some bug fixes and polish to the code, this game still rocks. Anything extra will just be icing on the cake for us! Job well done on this pin Lonnie and John Borg!

I couldn't agree with you any more. Such a great game.

#1632 8 months ago

New AS owner here and when I got the machine home, I had a couple mystery thumbscrews in the bottom of the cabinet... can anyone help identify where they belong on the machine? Thanks!

4127E186-3B1D-4C78-9A13-B91CD6A09857 (resized).jpeg
#1633 8 months ago
Quoted from Cherga:

New AS owner here and when I got the machine home, I had a couple mystery thumbscrews in the bottom of the cabinet... can anyone help identify where they belong on the machine? Thanks!

Looks like the screws used to hold the coin mechs.

#1634 8 months ago
Quoted from Cherga:

Go on the ends of the coin mechs. Two per coin chute to hold the mech in as seen in the pic.

coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
#1635 8 months ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

I was wondering if it is normal for the ball to miss the shot going into the toybox every now and then. Is there a coil setting that seems to work best for the kicker that shoots the ball into the toybox which helps to minimize the missed shots?

Try the Cliffy protector for the launch spot. It is a metal square that stops the ball from bashing the wooden edges of the hole. I think it places the ball in a more predictable position. Mine rarely misses since adding one.

#1636 8 months ago

Anyone know where to score one of these decals? I think I’d like to put a blue transparent apron on my pro.. I’ve got the other decals just need this one. I’ll likely add a couple blue flashers for some pa-chow

8BCBD2F1-87C8-4AC4-B677-177F5237B6D0 (resized).jpeg
#1637 8 months ago

I have a Pro and is the left hand side orange flasher supposed to remain out during the 'attract' sequence?

I noticed it was unlit the other day and can't remember if it's always been that way. It flickers a little on powering on the machine, but that's it. It works fine in the flasher test and works ok in other parts of the game – toybox multiball light 'swoop', Crank it Up etc. It just seems odd that it would be the only light not to work as part of the show. Just my OCD kicking in.

20180724_143328 (resized).jpg
#1638 8 months ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Anyone know where to score one of these decals?

You might need to use a hair dryer or heat gun to loosen the adhesive and reuse that one.

#1639 8 months ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

You might need to use a hair dryer or heat gun to loosen the adhesive and reuse that one.

I had that same feeling. Man, i’d rather not

#1640 8 months ago

That was it, thanks vireland and
jakers

#1641 8 months ago

I also have a Aerosmith Pro and the orange light on the left side of mine is the only light not lit in the attract mode. This is normal as far as I can tell. It works in the test mode and during game play.

#1642 7 months ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

I also have a Aerosmith Pro and the orange light on the left side of mine is the only light not lit in the attract mode. This is normal as far as I can tell. It works in the test mode and during game play.

It is normal. Dont ask me why but it is.

#1643 7 months ago

Thanks guys for the info. It has saved me swapping over the left and right LEDs or buying a replacement to no avail.

#1644 7 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It is normal. Dont ask me why but it is.

Lonnie Ropp

#1645 7 months ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

You don't need a hair dryer or heat gun. The thick decals on these textured aprons lift off fairly easily. I reused all the decals on my apron when I went to a transparent blue apron.

Just slide a razor blade carefully under one corner to start the process, then carefully lift it off.

#1646 7 months ago

Has anyone ever had a problem with the drop target for the elevator not staying up? When I start a game with my LE the drop target tries to go up but it doesn't catch and goes back down. It tries a few times and then gives up and leaves it down. You see the drop target rapidly firing up and down a few times and then it stays down. This results in not being able to select a song at the start of the game. It just starts with whatever song is up first. I lifted the playfield and manually moved the drop target up. It moves smooth with no restriction and it does catch and stay up just fine but for some reason when the game is in play the target doesn't stay up.
Cointaker said they will send me a new assembly to swap it out with but it will take some time to get it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to start troubleshooting the one that I have now? It appears to be a problem with the catching mechanism but I can't see what. Any adjustments to make? Thanks.

#1647 7 months ago

I had same issue, the catch ledge probably cracked which is what happened to mine. I was able to 3D print a replacement one using a file I found somewhere in the web. You can also buy a replacement one from some of the online places

#1648 7 months ago

3D printing is out for me so I'll see if I can find one online somewhere. Did you see if yours held in place when you manually pushed it up? It seems strange that mine will hold when pushed manually but not when in play.

#1649 7 months ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

You don't need a hair dryer or heat gun. The thick decals on these textured aprons lift off fairly easily. I reused all the decals on my apron when I went to a transparent blue apron.
Just slide a razor blade carefully under one corner to start the process, then carefully lift it off.

Thanks for the info! Makes sense... due to texture of the apron it likely will come off easier! Hey, you got a shot w/ if you game w/ the apron?

#1650 7 months ago

I had the exact same trouble with Star Trek drop Target. Most likely that little plastic ledge is cracked and broken. I ordered a new ledge and that fixed it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
$ 8,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Williamston, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
7,499 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Sale Pending!
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 6.35
Cabinet - Decals
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 12.75
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2424 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 49.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside