IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240123_182538 (resized).jpg
20240123_182607 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240110_065014_Chrome (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 82.
#1551 5 years ago

After having this pin for 4 months and a few hundred plays, I got my first game reset/reboot in the middle of ball 3. I have installed the two bulletin fixes with the capacitors, so I guess that doesn't solve this one. I didn't upgrade to the latest software that was suppose to help … was waiting for the summer upgrade. Guess I will update the software with the mini update anyway. Did anyone get anymore resets after that software update?

#1552 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Calling all owners of the next sleeper hit from Stern!

This Giant has been sleeping for 18 months. Tomorrow is the 1st day of summer. June 21st. Last day of summer Sept. 22. August 6th mid- summer. Count down 45 days or less to go.

#1553 5 years ago

Anyone experience the automatic ball shooter on Aerosmith falling off? After almost 1200 games mine fell off tonight causing the balls to fall down into the cabinet. It would be a good time before it falls off to check the screw on the right side of the assembly and tighten as necessary.

#1554 5 years ago

ftp.sternpinball.com

#1555 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

ftp.sternpinball.com

Access denied. You must be someone special.

#1556 5 years ago

That's not good, I'll be checking mine tomorrow. Time to wax again anyway at game 800ish. Thanks for the post

Quoted from Moeman65:Anyone experience the automatic ball shooter on Aerosmith falling off? After almost 1200 games mine fell off tonight causing the balls to fall down into the cabinet. It would be a good time before it falls off to check the screw on the right side of the assembly and tighten as necessary.

#1557 5 years ago

Even though I own the game I decided I had to play this Aerosmith in the wild. Two balls REALLY jammed in elevator. Kept trying to knock them loose but the they weren’t going anywhere. This place has Stern Star Wars, Aerosmith, and Guardians... all just played like crap because of ZERO maintenance.

FFAA9ECA-C667-48D0-B85E-D37FFE99150D (resized).pngFFAA9ECA-C667-48D0-B85E-D37FFE99150D (resized).png
1 week later
#1558 5 years ago

Does anyone know if the Aerosmith LE backglass has anything on it which identifies it as the LE mirrored backglass? Since the artwork is the same I was just wondering if there is anyway to tell. I've heard that the mirrored backglass is supposed to look better but from the pictures I've seen online I can't really tell a difference. Maybe I could seeing one in person. I'm thinking of purchasing an LE and while I don't think anyone would swap one out I was just wondering how one really can tell if they have the actual backglass and not translite.

#1559 5 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

Does anyone know if the Aerosmith LE backglass has anything on it which identifies it as the LE mirrored backglass? Since the artwork is the same I was just wondering if there is anyway to tell. I've heard that the mirrored backglass is supposed to look better but from the pictures I've seen online I can't really tell a difference. Maybe I could seeing one in person. I'm thinking of purchasing an LE and while I don't think anyone would swap one out I was just wondering how one really can tell if they have the actual backglass and not translite.

First, it's glass, not plastic. So you can tell immediately if it's been swapped out.

Second, yes, it is mirrored. Pics don't do it justice, but you can see it clear as day in person.

Also, stern puts a limited sticker on backglasses that they do not put on translites.... Almost a coa seal imo

#1560 5 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

Easy to tell when you are at the machine. A backglass has the art directly printed on the glass. A translight is a clear pane of glass with the artwork printed on a sheet of plastic that is laid behind the clear glass.

AS translights do not have any mirroring on them.

#1561 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me how to do a team play. Two couples, Players 1&3 on team and Players 2&4 on team. I've changed setting to "yes" team score. Did a four player game. Only displayed individual scores and no Team 1 and Team 2.
Something else thst needs to be put in code update.

#1562 5 years ago

So I put the Stern KISS art blades in my Aerosmith on the weekend and I'm pretty happy with the result.

I was surprised how much more reflective light was added to the playfield just from installing the blades.

(Not sure why Stern even produced these for Kiss as the colours seem like an odd choice for it.)

DSC_0125 (resized).JPGDSC_0125 (resized).JPG_20180630_211631 (resized).JPG_20180630_211631 (resized).JPG
#1563 5 years ago

New blades look good and just on time for new code. I'm thinking at this point around 30 days. I hope they add Team Play to code, (that Works)

Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:So I put the Stern KISS art blades in my Aerosmith on the weekend and I'm pretty happy with the result.
I was surprised how much more reflective light was added to the playfield just from installing the blades.
(Not sure why Stern even produced these for Kiss as the colours seem like an odd choice for it.)

#1564 5 years ago

How come when I drain a ball during Walk This Way I have to choose a new song on the start of the next song instead of continuing the mode with the remaining time? Instead it marks the mode complete without the super ramps awarded. Is this the way the game is supposed to play or is this a big that needs to be fixed?

#1565 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

How come when I drain a ball during Walk This Way I have to choose a new song on the start of the next song instead of continuing the mode with the remaining time? Instead it marks the mode complete without the super ramps awarded. Is this the way the game is supposed to play or is this a big that needs to be fixed?

That’s how that mode is programmed currently.

#1566 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

If you "Crank It Up" during Walk This Way, then the above will happen. Same with Rats in the Cellar & Back in the Saddle.

#1567 5 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

If you "Crank It Up" during Walk This Way, then the above will happen. Same with Rats in the Cellar & Back in the Saddle.

It's best not to hit "Crank it Up" in those Modes. Because if you do an drain you won't get Super Ramps or Super Spinner or Super Pop Bumpers

Quoted from Crile1:

#1568 5 years ago

Gotcha. Thanks fellas.

#1569 5 years ago

I just joined the club! I got my LE from Cointaker and love it. They did a great job setting it up for me and installed mirrorblades and flipper buttons. My Stern topper is on the way. I know that many don’t like the upper play field but I think think it’s a lot of fun and have been easily making the ramp shots. This one will be a keeper for a long time even in my very small collection.

9FD37A5F-90F1-4469-9E7E-0A89783F2CFA (resized).jpeg9FD37A5F-90F1-4469-9E7E-0A89783F2CFA (resized).jpeg
#1570 5 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

I just joined the club! I got my LE from Cointaker and love it.

Welcome to the club. You got it just in time for new code update in about 30 days. I like the light show at multiball, lights sweep across playfield. Enjoy and Crank it Up.

#1571 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I like the light show at multiball, lights sweep across playfield

I think I like the Love In An Elevator multiball light show better - One of the prettiest shows going!

#1572 5 years ago

Okay I already have a problem with my LE that I just got a few days ago. The left pop bumper is now firing on its own without a ball hitting it. It seems to fire the most when I push the left flipper button but will also fire without pushing any flipper buttons. In attract mode it doesn't fire but as soon as I hit the start button it starts going. Has anyone had this happen before? Any ideas on where to start? Thanks.

#1573 5 years ago

I lifted the playfield and the left popbumper is feels very warm compared to all of the others. I guess that it is overheating somehow and that is causing it to fire automatically but I'm not sure.

#1574 5 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

Okay I already have a problem with my LE that I just got a few days ago. The left pop bumper is now firing on its own without a ball hitting it. It seems to fire the most when I push the left flipper button but will also fire without pushing any flipper buttons. In attract mode it doesn't fire but as soon as I hit the start button it starts going. Has anyone had this happen before? Any ideas on where to start? Thanks.

Check your switch under the pop. It may be gapped too close so that a small vibration is setting it off. If you nudge the table does it pop? If so. Adjust the gap in the switch.

#1575 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Check your switch under the pop. It may be gapped too close so that a small vibration is setting it off. If you nudge the table does it pop? If so. Adjust the gap in the switch.

This.

Turn off the machine before adjusting anything.

Switch contacts want to be a bit further apart.

Your coil is hot because it is working so much.

Easy fix.

rd

#1576 5 years ago

Thanks guys I think that did the trick. I played several games and it works perfect now. I kinda panicked as I thought my 8k toy was seriously broke but yeah it was no big deal. I appreciate the help. I love this forum.

#1577 5 years ago

Aerosmith Greatest Hits CD is only $2.87 on Amazon right now, for those interested:

https://www.amazon.com/Aerosmiths-Greatest-Hits-Aerosmith/dp/B00138KD50

#1578 5 years ago

Does anyone want to make guesses when out code is coming? My guess is aug 5

#1579 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

This Giant has been sleeping for 18 months. Tomorrow is the 1st day of summer. June 21st. Last day of summer Sept. 22. August 6th mid- summer. Count down 45 days or less to go.

This is my post #1552. I said August 6th

#1580 5 years ago

Hopefully before august 12th....

#1581 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Hopefully before august 12th....

That's my birthday Art... Would be a nice gift

#1582 5 years ago

STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS – JULY 2018
Aerosmith updates are deep in development and still slated for a mid-Summer release. KISS will follow Aerosmith’s updates, followed by Ghostbusters.

#1583 5 years ago

Seems like the calm before the storm here before code drops.

What’s supposed to happen in Medley Multiball? I finally got through all the modes (like 2nd time ever) and it gave me a 3 ball Multiball with some version of Same Old Song and Dance. I failed to make all the shots and Medley Multiball just ended. Kinda a letdown. I know, I know... play better.

#1584 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Seems like the calm before the storm here before code drops.
What’s supposed to happen in Medley Multiball? I finally got through all the modes (like 2nd time ever) and it gave me a 3 ball Multiball with some version of Same Old Song and Dance. I failed to make all the shots and Medley Multiball just ended. Kinda a letdown. I know, I know... play better.

It is the calm before the storm. You have got farther than I. I choke when I get Super Scoring, 2 - 4 million is the best. But I don't want to do to good now. Code will reset score. That's what I tell myself. Lol

#1585 5 years ago

Any rumors of what we may see added?

#1586 5 years ago

I hope it is a major code update and not just a few bug fixes and an outlane drain sound. But I am not getting my hopes up.

#1587 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I hope it is a major code update and not just a few bug fixes and an outlane drain sound. But I am not getting my hopes up.

It’d pay not to. Only leads to disappointment...

Quoted from Rascal_H:

What’s supposed to happen in Medley Multiball? I finally got through all the modes (like 2nd time ever) and it gave me a 3 ball Multiball with some version of Same Old Song and Dance

Spoiler -

Each song comes up again and you have to complete it. Same old song and dance is first, toys in the attic is second ... etc etc

rd

#1588 5 years ago

I love Aerosmith, but Iron Maiden is so polished in comparison. I'm sure I'll find issues as I play it more, but as it sits the code is superior. Aerosmith has so much potential, it's such a fun shooting game. I'd say we are close to mid summer territory, keeping my fingers crossed it comes soon and is a major update.

#1589 5 years ago

It’s kind of a let down to get to the Wizard modes to only have to hear the same songs.

Other than Outlane sounds my one request with code would be to have some sort of ciu mode whether stand alone where you get some random song not selectable at any other time of game or wizard mode to the otherside With that song and possibly a couple others with difficult shot pattern.

#1590 5 years ago

In the new update coming they will probably fix a few bugs, make the outlane switches work, and Sparky will probably cuss alot more and everyone will laugh hysterically and say.....what a great update, thank you stern!

#1591 5 years ago

I'm hoping for maybe some GOTG style of update where the modes are somewhat differentiated from each other. But doubt it. I hope all they do is not just add 4 letter words. I play in family mode, so it won't make a difference.

#1592 5 years ago

The game hasn’t had any updates so there is quite a bit that can done if they want to make it exceptional.

Didn’t Metallica and guardians have some music added well after release?

#1593 5 years ago

<blockquote cite="#4492858"

Yes! I’m also hoping for some cool new features. I still very much believe this is a sleeper title

#1594 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81: I’m also hoping for some cool new features. I still very much believe this is a sleeper title

I already think it is ... as it is now ...

rd

#1595 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

<blockquote cite="#4492858"
Yes! I’m also hoping for some cool new features. I still very much believe this is a sleeper title

It’s a sleeper for sure, good foundation code but this long awaited update will determine how good the machine will ultimately be. Hopefully Stern doesn’t f’ it up!

#1596 5 years ago

If Stern has the right people going the code, that also live and play pinball, code will be great. STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS – JULY 2018
Aerosmith updates are deep in development. (That sounds promising) I seen Tim Saxton do a tutorial on Aerosmith. He would be good for code update. IMO

#1597 5 years ago

I was wondering if it is normal for the ball to miss the shot going into the toybox every now and then. Is there a coil setting that seems to work best for the kicker that shoots the ball into the toybox which helps to minimize the missed shots?

#1598 5 years ago

If it is every now an then, your coil is set right.

#1599 5 years ago

Mine makes it about 95 percent of the time.

#1600 5 years ago

Mine always comes up short the very first shot in the first game after I turn the game on.
After that it makes it consistently, only misses once every several games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wentzville, MO
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.75
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.