Topic Stats

• 2,488 posts
  • 255 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by StormyX73
  • Topic is favorited by 107 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 383 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Aerosmithcard-100.pdf (PDF preview)
20190419_123953 (resized).jpeg
20190416_194316 (resized).jpg
20190416_193622 (resized).jpg
20190407_194121 (resized).jpg
20190318_201608.png
20190318_201234.png
2F2E97C9-5FF3-4720-9AFA-7494ADE5B846 (resized).jpeg
880AC633-8F2F-4B43-A488-58CBDFB5D4C6 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0038 (resized).jpg
75B38345-3E2B-436A-81A1-83114B3F8D9B (resized).jpeg
20190125_174947 (resized).jpg
20190125_174959 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2488 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 50.
#1451 1 year ago

With my weak flipper here's what I have so far. Wall receptacle / Surge protector : both reading 119.4 volts. Good There
Game power supply: all three lugs reading 48.6 Good There. EOS, moving the left (problem flipper) by hand it all looked the same as the right (good) flipper. I adjusted the leafs on the left closer. No help, still like hitting ball with a wet noodle. Will move farther away. If that doesn't work calling Chas at 1800kickers

#1452 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I adjusted the leafs on the left closer

Generally, EOS switches want to be further away.

On older pins, the longer the “stroke” the more 50v power you get. The EOS turns off the 50v and starts the 12v holding power. So you want the EOS to open a MM or so right at the end of stroke. (Hence “end of stroke switch”).

However, on modern machines like SAM (and I’d be pretty sure SPIKE is the same) the EOS performs a different job.

The flipper is fired by 50v a set period of milliseconds and then changes to 12v hold.

The EOS is used so if the flipper button is still held in, and a ball hits the flipper and the flipper falls down and opens the EOS, the 50v fires again to hold it up. So your EOS wants to be adjusted correctly at the end of the stroke, so that the flipper doesn’t fall too much and “double flips”. The extra 50v fire should be pretty much not noticeable. If your EOS switch was broken or there was a wiring problem, a ball landing hard on the flipper would push it back down as the 12v wouldn’t be enough to hold it up. You could test this with your finger - hold the flipper up and push down with your finger. The flipper should resist.

I know GOTG has had problems with flippers dying due to software issues. Hilton’s machine has been playing up. I haven’t heard of it on AS but maybe there is a software issue.

rd

#1453 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Generally, EOS switches want to be further away.
rd

You are correct , after thinking about what I had done. It was like what was I thinking. After moving it away it works a lot better. Even doing TBMB and Love in the Attic. It seem to be fixed. Thanks for your input. rd

#1454 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

You are correct , after thinking about what I had done. It was like what was I thinking. After moving it away it works a lot better. Even doing TBMB and Love in the Attic. It seem to be fixed. Thanks for your input. rd

rd

#1455 12 months ago

I put some PerfectPlay™ silicone rings on my slings and they didn't last much over a month. My right sling kept scoring points. So when I checked it out the ring was almost split into. I put the stock ones back on. They really took a beating at the post and where flatten as well on the left sling.

#1456 12 months ago

Forgive me if this has already been asked but, did stern remove the adult speech when they gave us that last code update. I have it enabled, but Jackie doesn't say the things he used to.

#1457 12 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Forgive me if this has already been asked but, did stern remove the adult speech when they gave us that last code update. I have it enabled, but Jackie doesn't say the things he used to.

I may have missed it, but I don't remember ever hearing any adult callouts. I was actually going to add some in (there are several in the image).

#1458 12 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I may have missed it, but I don't remember ever hearing any adult callouts. I was actually going to add some in (there are several in the image).

They are used but so rare to hear some may never hear them. I don’t entirely mind some rarity because it makes it a treat when they do come out but the rarity is excessive currently.

#1459 12 months ago

After my last update Jacky still said after hitting him in the head: WHAT THE #%$*

#1460 12 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

After my last update Jacky still said after hitting him in the head: WHAT THE #%$*

I’ve actually never heard it on my game. I heard it for the first time just the other day in the wild. Made me laugh out loud.

#1461 12 months ago

I heard the other day still on old code. Waiting for something worth the update.

#1462 12 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Mine used to say this on the last code. When i updated to 1.05 I no longer hear it or haven't heard it yet. But I've played this game a lot, so I should have by now. It is kind funny when you hear it all of a sudden.

#1463 12 months ago

The callouts just before the ball is launched at his head need to be a lot shorter. And is nobody else annoyed that the TOYS insert is flashing all the time, EXCEPT during Toys multiball? It’s such an obvious bug with an easy fix. I’m tempted to remove the wire on that insert’s LED until it’s fixed.

#1464 12 months ago

Yes callouts for launch need to be shorter. But you have time to drink and then get ready if ball missed toy box.
The flashing inserts for TOYS don't bother me. Just lock ball(s) as fast as you can to get them to stop. There, problem solved.

#1465 11 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Mine used to say this on the last code. When i updated to 1.05 I no longer hear it or haven't heard it yet. But I've played this game a lot, so I should have by now. It is kind funny when you hear it all of a sudden.

The swearing is still present in 1.05

#1466 11 months ago

I must be wrong about Jacky and the F . Need someone with pinball browser to check and verify that it is or isn't in there. Let look for new code update soon. I'm still going to say June 6th. Stern has all other game code looking good. Plus, summer is almost here.

#1467 11 months ago

since we haven’t seen any updates at all yet... any guess what we may see?

#1468 11 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

since we haven’t seen any updates at all yet... any guess what we may see?

I'm hoping at least a high score for each mode (song). My pin if you can't put up 200 mill you get no recognition. I've had a killer Sweet Emotion but not a high score. So once again no recognition. IMDN has a spinner high score. Let's get that too. Right ramp high score. Let's get it all.

#1469 11 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I must be wrong about Jacky and the F . Need someone with pinball browser to check and verify that it is or isn't in there. Let look for new code update soon. I'm still going to say June 6th. Stern has all other game code looking good. Plus, summer is almost here.

That quote is definitely in the ROM. I was planning to replace the tilt sound with it.

#1470 11 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

That quote is definitely in the ROM. I was planning to replace the tilt sound with it.

That would be a good place to use the F . Lol I knew I had heard it even after doing the updated code. But not as often. If the kids are playing, I'm like waiting to hear "what the" so I can distract them and make some noise.

#1471 11 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

IMDN has a spinner high score

IMDN has so many high score entries it's unbelievable.

I played one at a local arcade yesterday. I now have my initials on there 21 times, and still loads of default scores.
The more different high scores the better, you may not be able to beat the GC score, but you can certainly aim for one of the 'minor' highscores.

I don't see why all games don't have this, or something similar. It's not as if the coding is especially tricky, plus it gives more players the chance to get their names up.

#1472 11 months ago

Yes it would be nice to see more chances to get your name on the screen. I will say the light show is great.

#1473 11 months ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

IMDN has so many high score entries it's unbelievable.
I played one at a local arcade yesterday. I now have my initials on there 21 times, and still loads of default scores.
The more different high scores the better, you may not be able to beat the GC score, but you can certainly aim for one of the 'minor' highscores.
I don't see why all games don't have this, or something similar. It's not as if the coding is especially tricky, plus it gives more players the chance to get their names up.

It's the same with KISS.

Crazy really.

What happens when you reward a player on location?

They put more money in.

Champion awards are a simple way to do this.

Hoping Summer updates address this.

#1474 11 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

It is there. I heard it a couple of days ago. There is more than one. I’m sure I have heard “what the f*#£” “you hit me in the &£*#ing face” and “you broke my #&*£ing jaw man”.

#1475 11 months ago

I've had my Aerosmith just over 6 months. Experienced my first problem just the other day when Jackie in the Box wouldn't respond to the ball going in. Went to pinside and found somebody else had the same problem, and it was the left opto wire had come off. That's exactly what happened to mine. So far we have played over 1,100 games on it before it ever gave us a problem. I really love this game.

#1476 11 months ago

My game is approching 1000 games. Next time I'm under the hood I'll check toybox opto wires.
I would hate to disable the toybox and play without it.

#1477 11 months ago

I know, the toy box is the main attraction. It's a really easy fix if it comes off. All you have to do is line up the guides on the connector and gently push it back on
with a straight screwdriver. In fact I would go ahead and check it before it does come off just buy doing what I just did. Also check the opto on the right side while you are at it.

#1478 11 months ago
Quoted from stoptap:

It is there. I heard it a couple of days ago. There is more than one. I’m sure I have heard “what the f*#£” “you hit me in the &£*#ing face” and “you broke my #&*£ing jaw man”.

Still havent heard it since I did the code update. I even turned off adult speech, then shut the game down, went back in and turned adult speach back on, Still, heard the call outs. Another issue I have (maybe its just me) I cant get it to display a custom message.

#1479 11 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Still havent heard it since I did the code update. I even turned off adult speech, then shut the game down, went back in and turned adult speach back on, Still, heard the call outs. Another issue I have (maybe its just me) I cant get it to display a custom message.

You wont hear him say the F word very often. Ive only heard him say it like twice in 600 games.

#1480 11 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Custom message is a bug and doesn’t work.

#1481 11 months ago

I have played this game a lot at a friends house and never heard the F-word. I do know that the adult mode is turned on. Too bad that there is not an extreme adult mode with Stern games.

#1482 11 months ago

Anyone get two balls spit out from the trough when you should just get one? I guess I should check the optos or something.

#1483 11 months ago

The two balls bug happens to me. Hope stern steps up to plate on ghis game. So much potential.

#1484 11 months ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Anyone get two balls spit out from the trough when you should just get one? I guess I should check the optos or something.

Possibly the balls could be magnatized.

#1485 11 months ago

^^^

Reseat the trough jam molex connectors.

Up at the front end of the trough.

(Aka the trow). Lol

Pull them both off and put them back on again.

rd

#1486 11 months ago

Couple mods added. Side rails and light up leg lights.

25D45CBD-2200-4B35-9291-933EAA3FF6C9 (resized).jpeg2C15F833-EC21-45B3-AB9A-51C9E1ED9F33 (resized).jpeg719C4681-826A-45F4-A771-2AEDDF5D48AD (resized).jpeg
#1487 11 months ago

Today is the 1st of June. I'm still saying code update coming June 6th. We shall see. Flippers Crossed. Just ordered PinStadium light (shipped today) just received Pinovators PINsmx Passive Subwoofer mixer and PINsub SPIKE Stern Kit (330-041). I'll be ready for update.

#1488 11 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Today is the 1st of June. I'm still saying code update coming June 6th. We shall see. Flippers Crossed. Just ordered PinStadium light (shipped today) just received Pinovators PINsmx Passive Subwoofer mixer and PINsub SPIKE Stern Kit (330-041). I'll be ready for update.

No code update on the 6th. I was at the NYC pinball championships when discussions of this was going on. It’s happening mid-summer.

#1489 11 months ago
Quoted from djreddog:

No code update on the 6th. I was at the NYC pinball championships when discussions of this was going on. It’s happening mid-summer.

Man you sound like Aerosmith, Same old Song And Dance. You posted that
#1411. I'm trying to Dream On. I'll have a new pin by then and this will become a Toys in the Attic.

#1490 11 months ago

So guys that have had this from the beginning, are you still playing it as much? Would you buy again? There is a Prem somewhat local to me, selling for $6400 with topper, or $6200 without. Just curious how many would buy again or buy at that price. I know for me personally, I've had games that I loved early on, and then got VERY tired of VERY fast (Hobbit, Avengers LE)

#1491 11 months ago

Personally, I think a Pro is all thats needed.
Im seeing them from $4300-$4900, and a good chance you can pick one up, play it a few months and see
with minimal downside.....

Thats just me. Since Ive moved AC/DC and Metallica out...it fills my Music Pin Need....Of course, there is always Iron Maiden too....

#1492 11 months ago

I am having issues with the elevator. When the ball goes in and is not going forward enough to trigger the machine to tell her it’s there. Any suggestions?

#1493 11 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So guys that have had this from the beginning, are you still playing it as much? Would you buy again? There is a Prem somewhat local to me, selling for $6400 with topper, or $6200 without. Just curious how many would buy again or buy at that price. I know for me personally, I've had games that I loved early on, and then got VERY tired of VERY fast (Hobbit, Avengers LE)

Just wait until the summer update IMO

I regret buying “early”

#1494 11 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I love my AS but with that being said i do think IMDN is better and i also notice that you dont have TWD in your collection either. My money would probably go to one of those two games personally but $6400 with the topper is probably a fair price though on a HUO AS Premium.

#1495 11 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So guys that have had this from the beginning, are you still playing it as much? Would you buy again? There is a Prem somewhat local to me, selling for $6400 with topper, or $6200 without

Fair deal, but as Art says, buy a pro. New or used, it’s $1000+ less. And better IMO.

I was literally just playing mine. Still the most played pin in my arcade, so that’s saying something. Got to 340m and the first wizard again. Still haven’t got to the second one.

rd

#1496 11 months ago

I’m still happy with ours we bought early on. It’s just plain fun pinball.

#1497 11 months ago

Yep AS is honestly a great game, pro or premium either one. The artwork on AS is as good as it gets too. I have a pro model and it’s fantastic and a keeper in my opinion. Im not gonna say i will never sell it because i have limited space and i guess if a dream theme came along that maybe i would consider it to make space, but it sure wouldnt be because im tired of the game because its great fun.

#1498 11 months ago

Summer love for KISS and AS.

After all this time, these updates gotta be huge, right?

#1499 11 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Summer love for KISS and AS.

Hope so... I have both LE versions.

#1500 11 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

After all this time, these updates gotta be huge, right?

Fix the custom message so it works. Remove the limits on Super Spinner, Super Ramps, Super Pops and all the other Super Modes and make them a High Score too. How super is it when you hit them and reach the limit. Lets see Hight Toys in the Attic Score, High Love in a Elevator, High Super Scoreing High Walk this way, High Sweet Emotion and all the other modes (songs) , High Pops, Ramps and so on and so on. After seeing IMDN I want more more more. What Say You
The light show is great!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lakeville, MN
$ 12.75
5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fruitland Park, FL
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 50.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blandon, PA
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 150.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 2488 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 50.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside