Topic Stats

• 2,424 posts
  • 251 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by mbwalker
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 377 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190318_201608.png
20190318_201234.png
2F2E97C9-5FF3-4720-9AFA-7494ADE5B846 (resized).jpeg
880AC633-8F2F-4B43-A488-58CBDFB5D4C6 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0038 (resized).jpg
75B38345-3E2B-436A-81A1-83114B3F8D9B (resized).jpeg
20190125_174947 (resized).jpg
20190125_174959 (resized).jpg
Hole Centered (resized).jpg
Back (resized).jpg
Front (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190113_151009 (resized).jpg
20190113_150957 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2424 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 49.
#101 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Is there a difference for the LE?
Attached are the only 2 custom rule cards I have seen so far:

What's funny is if you follow the advice on the score card you can get some big scores going when it all goes well. My highest game was before I saw these, but following the 'pattern' listed gives consistently higher scores than just randomly choosing modes.

#102 1 year ago

Aerosmith in the house!

20170428_153849 (resized).jpg

#103 1 year ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Aerosmith in the house!

Nice photo!

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Aerosmith in the house!

lol congrats!

#105 1 year ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Aerosmith in the house!

This Aerosmith game sure is creating quite the buzz seems like!

#106 1 year ago

I noticed my Aero pro doesn't have the interlock shut off inside the coin door for the 20/50 volts, but has the plate that would engage the button switch. I called Stern tech support and the technical support guy said he thinks they did remove it why, just curious or is mine missing. I don't see any plugs or wires that would connect to the switch.

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

I noticed my Aero pro doesn't have the interlock shut off inside the coin door for the 20/50 volts, but has the plate that would engage the button switch. I called Stern tech support and the technical support guy said he thinks they did remove it why, just curious or is mine missing. I don't see any plugs or wires that would connect to the switch.

Pretty sure it's been removed since Spike.

#108 1 year ago

Thanks, I figured, I wonder why?

#109 1 year ago

its not "high voltage" anymore. Its under 50 volts even at max - and the power supply is variable.

#110 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

its not "high voltage" anymore. Its under 50 volts even at max - and the power supply is variable.

But it's still super annoying not to have it cut power to the coils. I was working in the shooter lane with the coin door open and triggered the shooter lane switch and got smacked in the finger with the auto launcher. Ouch. Would not have happened with the cutoff.

#111 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

But it's still super annoying not to have it cut power to the coils. I was working in the shooter lane with the coin door open and triggered the shooter lane switch and got smacked in the finger with the auto launcher. Ouch. Would not have happened with the cutoff.

Yep. Really annoying.

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Agreed - But if you put it into the menu doesn't it cut the coil power?

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Agreed - But if you put it into the menu doesn't it cut the coil power?

Nope. Tried that. Still kicks if you hit the shooter lane switch, even with the system menu up. Not cool.

#114 1 year ago

Hey gang! Got my "Aerosmith" PRO last week! Wohoo!

I recently uploaded my unboxing / setup / first-play video. You have all seen unboxing videos a million times so ... I am not sure if you'll find it interesting. Ha ha! But, in case here's a look:

Thanks,
Chris

#115 1 year ago

Got the call on Monday from JJ at Game Exchange of Colorado that my Aerosmith had came in. The game was shipped out to me yet that day and I was able to pick it up the next day at the shipping facility in my area. Wow, that was fast. Thanks JJ.

Aerosmith fits in great with my other music pins and is a blast to play.

PLWhAsOXU5ioNv07sZFnwWWB0YfSxPNoq2DKwpLgeRkpX92IB (resized).jpg

y_pGjout2zVyDGwYjHnSelGsme_yK2sc6La630zJ4UgpX92IB (resized).jpg

z7yd8mOoXoT2VTQc9DNQjPOAAMQgod9drB8928K8SzkpX92IB (resized).jpg

#116 1 year ago
Quoted from spida1a:

I recently uploaded my unboxing / setup / first-play video. You have all seen unboxing videos a million times so ... I am not sure if you'll find it interesting. Ha ha! But, in case here's a look:
» YouTube video
Thanks,
Chris

Great video!

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from spida1a:

» YouTube video
Thanks,
Chris

Really enjoy your videos Chris thanks for your latest

#118 1 year ago

Decided to join the club, I'll be ordering an Aerosmith Pro today. I had my eyes set on a couple other new games but AS Pro just seems to offer a lot of value with the LCD integration, metal components on the playfield and the toy box toy is easily one of the coolest pinball toys in recent years.

I also like that the playfields on AS appear to have a better quality clear coat compared to other recent Stern games. Maybe the playfield company recently made a change to improve quality.

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Decided to join the club, I'll be ordering an Aerosmith Pro today. I had my eyes set on a couple other new games but AS Pro just seems to offer a lot of value with the LCD integration, metal components on the playfield and the toy box toy is easily one of the coolest pinball toys in recent years.
I also like that the playfields on AS appear to have a better quality clear coat compared to other recent Stern games. Maybe the pkayfield company recently made a change to improve quality.

Good choice!

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I also like that the playfields on AS appear to have a better quality clear coat compared to other recent Stern games. Maybe the pkayfield company recently made a change to improve quality.

Mmm...maybe not. Here's the AS Prem I just put mylar on to protect the shooter kickout. Looks great in the first picture, right? In the second picture, I laid a flashlight down in the shooter lane, which illuminated it from the side, revealing that they didn't prep the wood completely and there were probably fifty or more pen-tip size divots in the surface of the shooter lane. You can sort of feel them as a "roughness" in the lane, but they're mostly filled with clear, so it's not like holes, just not smooth. I wonder how widespread this issue is, since you can't really see it unless you illuminate from the side?

ASshooter-lane-1 (resized).JPG
AS-shooter-lane-2 (resized).JPG

#121 1 year ago

I would guess most shooter lanes are this way. They just route the wood and then clear over the top, it isn't hit with a sander or anything else so the clear just goes into the pours etc.

When I restore my old playfields I pay special attention and do extra sanding by hand in the shooters to make them glassy smooth, but there is no way a production playfield is going to be like that.

#122 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

I would guess most shooter lanes are this way. They just route the wood and then clear over the top, it isn't hit with a sander or anything else so the clear just goes into the pours etc.

Checked. Batman'66, no. KISS x 2, no. GoT, no. I stopped checking after that.

#123 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Checked. Batman'66, no. KISS x 2, no. GoT, no. I stopped checking after that.

Okie dokie. Guess not. I'll have to take a close look at my AS and see if I see anything. It looked fine from a distance

#124 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Okie dokie. Guess not. I'll have to take a close look at my AS and see if I see anything. It looked fine from a distance

It was only visible with a bright multi-led flashlight parallel to the shooter lane. Looking down or even a little to the side of it looked fine. You can also feel it if you run your fingers over it.

#125 1 year ago

Mine looks perfect so far. I got around 200 games on it so far, no cliffy. I have TWD, GB, and GOT, and my new Aerosmith has the nicest clear coat out of all of them. It at least appears to be nicer anyway. I guess it could always start chipping or something but hopefully that won't happen.

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from spida1a:

» YouTube video
Thanks,
Chris

Always love to watch your vids, thanks!

#127 1 year ago

Just an FYI. I confirmed with Pinnovators today that the regular Spike subwoofer adapter they sell will work with Aerosmith. However, the Spike headphone kit will not work with the game.

#128 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just an FYI. I confirmed with Pinnovators today that the regular Spike subwoofer adapter they sell will work with Aerosmith. However, the Spike headphone kit will not work with the game.

If I understand correctly, if I have a sub solely dedicated to Aerosmith, there should be no need for the pinnovator adapter and can just clamp on with alligator clips to the cab sub, correct?

#129 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

If I understand correctly, if I have a sub solely dedicated to Aerosmith, there should be no need for the pinnovator adapter and can just clamp on with alligator clips to the cab sub, correct?

That is correct.
But get the Pinnovators adapter. The sound is much better.
Trust me, I have done it both ways.
The adapter is cheap.
Or better yet wait for the full meal deal with the headphone jack and exterior volume controls. You will never go back.

#130 1 year ago
Quoted from Arcade:

That is correct.
But get the Pinnovators adapter. The sound is much better.
Trust me, I have done it both ways.
The adapter is cheap.
Or better yet wait for the full meal deal with the headphone jack and exterior volume controls. You will never go back.

Thanks arcade For now, I'll clamp 'er on and wait for the full meal deal!

#131 1 year ago

I have Pinnovators on all my pins except AS. Well worth the wait until they have an AS system.

#132 1 year ago

My AS Premium shipped today! Cant wait to get it, and start playing. Super easy transaction with JJ.

#133 1 year ago
Quoted from jk2171:

My AS Premium shipped today! Cant wait to get it, and start playing. Super easy transaction with JJ.

Congrats.
JJ is the best.
Waiting on my email saying my AFMr LE is ready.

#134 1 year ago

Hi gang ... I put together a gameplay vid for my AeroPro. It doesn't cover everything (as I am still learning the game) but in case you're bored:

Thanks!!
Chris

#135 1 year ago

I've got an LE on the way. Are there any game specific set up tips/tweaks that I should make( I already know about the cabinet braces)? Is this the "go to" thread for AS?

#136 1 year ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I've got an LE on the way. Are there any game specific set up tips/tweaks that I should make( I already know about the cabinet braces)? Is this the "go to" thread for AS?

Cabinet braces? Haven't heard about this, can someone explain?

#137 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Cabinet braces? Haven't heard about this, can someone explain?

Check the Stern Cabinet thread

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hi gang ... I put together a gameplay vid for my AeroPro. It doesn't cover everything (as I am still learning the game) but in case you're bored:
» YouTube video
Thanks!!
Chris

I've played over 100 games on my Aerosmith and never noticed the counters in the display for bumpers and spinners. Thanks for the video. I'll make sure to pay attention to them now.

#139 1 year ago

I had to turn down the power to the Jackie box so the ball hits almost every time. It seems to be set too high from the factory and the ball hits to the left and pops out. I also set the high score settings to 10 letters instead of the usual 3. That's really about all. Also you can set treble and bass to your liking

#140 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I had to turn down the power to the Jackie box so the ball hits almost every time. It seems to be set too high from the factory and the ball hits to the left and pops out. I also set the high score settings to 10 letters instead of the usual 3. That's really about all. Also you can set treble and bass to your liking

Sweet! After setting up GB, I look forward to just small tweaks and playing. How do you adjust Bass and Treble? This is news to me

#141 1 year ago

Sweet! After setting up GB, I look forward to just small tweaks and playing. How do you adjust Bass and Treble? This is news to me

I don't really remember and I'm not near my AS right now. But I think I looked in the adjustments menu and couldn't find it so I just opened the door like when you adjust volume up and down and I happened across it while adjusting the volume. I hope someone else can give you specific instructions as it's a bit hard to find.

#142 1 year ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Great video. Really informative and a must watch. Thanks!

#143 1 year ago

Bass and treble adjustments are found in the service menue under utilties and volume

#144 1 year ago

Can someone tell me more about the "smart missle" I had it pop up last night on the screen & the smart button was flashing white so I hit it... no idea what it did, how I earned it or how it's used. I was pretty far along having a good game, love this machine.

#145 1 year ago
Quoted from SamIam:

Can someone tell me more about the "smart missle" I had it pop up last night on the screen & the smart button was flashing white so I hit it... no idea what it did, how I earned it or how it's used. I was pretty far along having a good game, love this machine.

You earned it as a mystery award from the scoop. Using it finishes one of the mode shots, AFAIK. I almost never see it, so can't be sure 100%.

#146 1 year ago

Shaker motor for aerosmith? yay or nay??

#147 1 year ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Shaker motor for aerosmith? yay or nay??

I say yay, BUT NOT the Red Tremor one. Get the pinball life one for like $99. Works great. Some people were complaining about the integration of the shaker motor in Aerosmith, but I think it's fine.

It's here:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3710

#148 1 year ago

I have the pinball life shaker motor installed. It's super easy to put in. It doesn't add much to the overall experience,. I could take it or leave it but heck its only $100 bucks.

#149 1 year ago
Quoted from spida1a:

» YouTube video
Thanks!!
Chris

I will grab another beer and watch this! Are you trying to get me drunk with all these cool video posts?

#150 1 year ago

How did I get a 32m super double jackpot? Was it for completing all the shots in the tbmb?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Wrentham, MA
7,499 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
7,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantation, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2424 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 49.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside