20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 82.
#1401 5 years ago

I lit my first SPECIAL from the mystery scoop the other day.... It did fuck all.

#1402 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

My game arrives Tuesday. Just checked out the Iron Maiden thread and saw cabinet splitting issues are being discussed. I remember hearing about these with Aerosmith in the early run. Mine will be home use only on carpet with sliders. Do I need to get the B/W brackets to install? No issues on my SW premium after 800+ plays and it is just as arrived from factory.

My Aero cab is split in the rear left under the leg. I plan to install the bally/williams leg bolt braces and some L brackets asap. Had them on hand but added them to our new Iron Maiden. FYI, I bought the Aero used in perfect shape except for the slight split. About 600 plays.

#1403 5 years ago

I installed a Cliffy on the upper right eject hole and it has only ever offset a couple of times in hundreds of games. Just shook the machine a little and the ball fell in place. Probably a small file or a Dremel tool would fix the problem but I haven't done that yet.

#1404 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

I installed a Cliffy on the upper right eject hole and it has only ever offset a couple of times in hundreds of games. Just shook the machine a little and the ball fell in place. Probably a small file or a Dremel tool would fix the problem but I haven't done that yet.

Are u talking about the switch cliffy?

#1405 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Is that the toybox launch hole and is it sitting too high? There can be some slight variance in playfield thickness but what you can do instead of filing is put thin washers under the mounting tabs. That will lower the cliffy exactly the thickness of the washer you use to the desired height. It can be below the top of the wood and the ball will still sit on the cliffy when in the hole.

#1406 5 years ago

Yes, but it's also referred to as the upper right eject hole.

#1407 5 years ago

Yes that is a toy box launch hole. It only hangs up so infrequently that I haven't really bothered with it. Thanks for the advice about the washers under the tabs. I was going to do that but figured it was much easier just to take off that small amount of edge.

#1408 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Yes, but it's also referred to as the upper right eject hole.

Did you install a cliffy switch slot protector over the roll over switch further up the playfield from that square hole? If not, did you see any signs of wear at that switch - near where the ball drops from the upper playfield on a premium?

#1409 5 years ago

No I didn't. I forgot to mention about have a pro model and there is no switch of from that square hole.

#1410 5 years ago

I really enjoy this game buy unless they do something with the code soon I'm casting it out. Other than multiball theres literally nothing to do

#1411 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I really enjoy this game buy unless they do something with the code soon I'm casting it out. Other than multiball theres literally nothing to do

Code is coming mid-summer, so you are going to have to wait a few more months.

#1412 5 years ago

I'm looking forward to the code update. I love this game and some polishing could really enhance it. Obviously I'm in the honeymoon phase (just got mine) but have put a lot of location plays on this one. This game is just fun and I can relax playing it. A nice break from the longer playing or faster games that I have in my collection.

#1413 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I'm looking forward to the code update. I love this game and some polishing could really enhance it. Obviously I'm in the honeymoon phase (just got mine) but have put a lot of location plays on this one. This game is just fun and I can relax playing it. A nice break from the longer playing or faster games that I have in my collection.

I like the game play but half the features dont work. Upper playfield is under utilized, center button is about useless, tons on tons of bugs, call outs are about non existent, its not even worth time doing songs or what does crank it up even do? This could be a great game but if when they release the code and nothing new gets added the. Why did we wait a year? For the record i have an LE and ive found why even complete songs. Wizard mode is terrible and i can just wreck multiball and elevator multiball which again is kind of useless and get high scores. What does the dude roll overs do?

#1414 5 years ago

I totally agree and hope the new hires fix up/polish the code. Give the button some meaning, sounds to the outlane rollover switches, and add callouts. That plus bug fixes and I think you are spot on. I really do have some faith in the new Stern hires at this point in time. Just look how they have re-worked GOTG. I still don't like it, but man, what an over-haul they did. Aerosmith doesn't need near as much work as that one did. So, I don't disagree with you at all. I just have the luxury of just now owning the game. So, hopefully by the time the code wears on me, new code will be out.

#1415 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I totally agree and hope the new hires fix up/polish the code. Give the button some meaning, sounds to the outlane rollover switches, and add callouts. That plus bug fixes and I think you are spot on. I really do have some faith in the new Stern hires at this point in time. Just look how they have re-worked GOTG. I still don't like it, but man, what an over-haul they did. Aerosmith doesn't need near as much work as that one did. So, I don't disagree with you at all. I just have the luxury of just now owning the game. So, hopefully by the time the code wears on me, new code will be out.

Its still a great game just needs more. The market is very competitive and its falling way behind

#1416 5 years ago

Where can I get this replacement plastic?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1417 5 years ago

The best place to get that replacement piece of plastic would be from Stern.

#1418 5 years ago

I like the game play but half the features dont work. Upper playfield is under utilized, center button is about useless, tons on tons of bugs, call outs are about non existent, its not even worth time doing songs or what does crank it up even do? This could be a great game but if when they release the code and nothing new gets added the. Why did we wait a year? For the record i have an LE and ive found why even complete songs. Wizard mode is terrible and i can just wreck multiball and elevator multiball which again is kind of useless and get high scores. What does the dude roll overs do?

Just wanted to comment on a couple things in your post.

Crank it up changes the shots, and gives you more coins toward the supers as well as additional time. For example on dude looks like a lady, when you hit crank it up it lights the inlane switches to count toward your shots.

Dude inlanes add your bonus multiplier when all 3 are completed.

#1419 5 years ago

If you don't know what Crank it Up and the Dude Lanes do, plus not understanding the need to complete songs... How the heck are you wrecking multiball or even getting to the wizard modes? (We're talking 3 ball right?)

Less is more when it comes to the smart button in my opinion.

The reason they haven't been fixing Aerosmith is because it was never really broken.

#1420 5 years ago

I’ll start with the things I agree with. There should be a mini-wizard mode, like Cherry Bomb on GOTG, and the wizard mode should be better. Plunging the ball should lock in the song selection. “Smart missiles” should be earnable, and not random.

The rest of this review is kind of silly. Completing songs earns super modes, which stack well with multiball or the next mode. The modes are all different and fun to play. Shot multipliers are key to racking up big points. The bonus points are worth much more than on other games (like GOTG), so it’s worth going for bonus multipliers by completing the inlanes. The upper playfield lets you earn double scoring. There are tons of callouts, and you can change them in Pinball Browser if you don’t like them (I plan to change some).

I’ve had Guardians for about 3 weeks, and although it’s great with the 0.95 code, I’m surprised to find that I still enjoy Aerosmith more. It’s just really fun to play, even after 10 months. It helps that I like the songs, and the audio is great with Flipper Fidelity. But I think it’s a good layout too. Nothing’s broken, everything works and the art is still the best Stern has to offer IMHO.

I think if something isn’t fun, you should move it on. It’s sounds like you’re at that point and you’re ready to let it go. For me, this one is “nailed to the floor”.

#1421 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’ll start with the things I agree with. There should be a mini-wizard mode, like Cherry Bomb on GOTG, and the wizard mode should be better. Plunging the ball should lock in the song selection. “Smart missiles” should be earnable, and not random.
The rest of this review is kind of silly. Completing songs earns super modes, which stack well with multiball or the next mode. The modes are all different and fun to play. Shot multipliers are key to racking up big points. The bonus points are worth much more than on other games (like GOTG), so it’s worth going for bonus multipliers by completing the inlanes. The upper playfield lets you earn double scoring. There are tons of callouts, and you can change them in Pinball Browser if you don’t like them (I plan to change some).
I’ve had Guardians for about 3 weeks, and although it’s great with the 0.95 code, I’m surprised to find that I still enjoy Aerosmith more. It’s just really fun to play, even after 10 months. It helps that I like the songs, and the audio is great with Flipper Fidelity. But I think it’s a good layout too. Nothing’s broken, everything works and the art is still the best Stern has to offer IMHO.
I think if something isn’t fun, you should move it on. It’s sounds like you’re at that point and you’re ready to let it go. For me, this one is “nailed to the floor”.

No I still enjoy the game but its starting to feel flat. I see the other modes like i get the dude but theres no like satisfaction or like good call out when you complete something. It's just like cool guess ill continue to progress towards toys in the attic and i feel elevator multiball is really lacking. Wizard modes needs to feel more grand and needs a mini mode

#1422 5 years ago

No I still enjoy the game but its starting to feel flat.

To be honest, I’ve never owned a game where I didn’t feel that way about it at some point. I was a little bored with AS about 3 months ago, but then because of work and other pins, I didn’t play it much for a few months. Now it feels really fun again. I had the same experience with MET, Congo and other classics that I’d never sell now.

The most surprising thing to me about AS is that Jacky has grown on me. There are a few cringey callouts I plan to change, but he’s my creepy little buddy when I play, and I like that.

#1423 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The most surprising thing to me about AS is that Jacky has grown on me. There are a few cringey callouts I plan to change, but he’s my creepy little buddy when I play, and I like that.

The other month my friend said "That thing is collecting sex toys!" Ever since then we've been referring to the toybox as the "dillybag" and it's been a race who can get a dildo in there first! True story

#1424 5 years ago

Wait for it. Code is on the way. Then it's game on. I'll say on June 6th
What says you.

#1425 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Wait for it. Code is on the way. Then it's game on. I'll say on June 6th
What says you.

I'm going to take Memorial Day weekend! Summer kickoff for code release!

#1426 5 years ago

I haven't loaded the new software yet.

Had my 4th reset in 750 games yesterday.

Purdy sure 2 resets were during single ball & it occurred when hitting the crank it up scoop to add more time right after the mode ends & the points start to tally up & display.

Guess thats the graphic conflict mentioned in the readme of the most recent code update.

(I am gonna update today)

#1427 5 years ago

Does anyone have some more photos on where all the cliffy pieces go on a premium?

#1428 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I haven't loaded the new software yet.
Had my 4th reset in 750 games yesterday.
Purdy sure 2 resets were during single ball & it occurred when hitting the crank it up scoop to add more time right after the mode ends & the points start to tally up & display.
Guess thats the graphic conflict mentioned in the readme of the most recent code update.
(I am gonna update today)

If you're still getting resets after updating to the latest software, check the output voltage of the power supply. If it drops low, the machine will reset. You can adjust the output while watching your multimeter. Setting it to output 48.2v or so instead of 48v or 47.9v will likely stop the watchdog resets.

#1429 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Does anyone have some more photos on where all the cliffy pieces go on a premium?

Looking for these 2? One or both under the mini playfield? If so is it too much trouble to remove to install?

68E1CE5E-D5EA-4420-B6B7-FE03CC46C9CF (resized).jpeg68E1CE5E-D5EA-4420-B6B7-FE03CC46C9CF (resized).jpeg

#1430 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Looking for these 2? One or both under the mini playfield? If so is it too much trouble to remove to install?

The round one's the elevator on the mini-playfield and isn't hard to get to. The other one will require you take off the mini-pf.

This post should help you visualize where they go:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/13#post-4073818

#1431 5 years ago

I posted this in another thread for anyone interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/asimdn-3d-printed-marshall-amp-speaker-panel-mod#post-4397910

right 3d (resized).jpgright 3d (resized).jpg
full (resized).jpgfull (resized).jpg

#1432 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

“Smart missiles” should be earnable, and not random.

THIS is my main gripe with AS at the moment.

First wizard mode, Medley, is very poor as well. The songs always being in the same order really screws it up, as well as the low scoring. I'd like to see the songs in the same order you played them, with the payoff for each song being the same as what you earned when you played them.

An option to have memory on Toy Box MB would be nice.
As would a skill shot.
Maybe an even lower mini wizard (Like Cherry Bomb & Chaos on GotG & DI) for completing a certain no. of songs.
Less modes you can time out to completion.
A high score record for each individual song

Final Wizard mode is OK, but a bit basic - hit each shot 3 times, then collect Super.

#1433 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

THIS is my main gripe with AS at the moment.
First wizard mode, Medley, is very poor as well. The songs always being in the same order really screws it up, as well as the low scoring. I'd like to see the songs in the same order you played them, with the payoff for each song being the same as what you earned when you played them.
An option to have memory on Toy Box MB would be nice.
As would a skill shot.
Maybe an even lower mini wizard (Like Cherry Bomb & Chaos on GotG & DI) for completing a certain no. of songs.
Less modes you can time out to completion.
A high score record for each individual song
Final Wizard mode is OK, but a bit basic - hit each shot 3 times, then collect Super.

It's a Lonnie production. The software was never destined for greatness, nor much polish.

#1434 5 years ago

Aerosmith is a fun game but it sucks to only have 8 or 9 songs and then to have to hear them again in the wizard modes.

Would be cool if it was coded with some hidden music that you only hear if you achieve the wizard modes.

#1435 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's a Lonnie production. The software was never destined for greatness, nor much polish.

AS and GOTG were both coded by Lonnie Ropp, and I’d argue that Guardians is destined for greatness. I also enjoyed having IM for 6 years, and that’s essential Lonnie Ropp. Maybe I’m just easy to please.

#1436 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

AS and GOTG were both coded by Lonnie Ropp, and I’d argue that Guardians is destined for greatness. I also enjoyed having IM for 6 years, and that’s essential Lonnie Ropp. Maybe I’m just easy to please.

Nope. What I've learned over time is that Lonnie's history is doing "just enough" to get by. There have been games that were polished up by others, and those turned out okay, but Lonnie as lead? Usually mediocre. Without an assist by Lyman, Iron Man would have been Lonnie-level mediocre, too.

#1437 5 years ago

You can keep throwing turds into my AS punch bowl, but it won’t stop me from drinking out of it (that’s a metaphor). It’s a great game, top 3 for me.

#1438 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

You can keep throwing turds into my AS punch bowl, but it won’t stop me from drinking out of it (that’s a metaphor). It’s a great game, top 3 for me.

I'm not saying you can't enjoy AS and GotG, just that they won't be much better than they are right now unless Lonnie gets an assist from another programmer and I doubt Lyman has the time again.

#1439 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm not saying you can't enjoy AS and GotG, just that they won't be much better than they are right now unless Lonnie gets an assist from another programmer and I doubt Lyman has the time again.

Any pin I buy from here on out will be coded by anyone but LR. Even if it's a pin that has released years ago!

#1440 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Isn’t this likely the case now that Stern hired a bunch of help?

#1441 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Isn’t this likely the case now that Stern hired a bunch of help?

Who knows? I can't predict the future, but I bet Stern concentrates on their better-selling games for more features. The rest will get a cursory polish.

#1442 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Turds in your Aerosmith punch bowl..........

#1443 5 years ago

Why does my left flipper go limp at times. I thought I was imagining this at first. But it has cost me some big points doing TB MB. My friend said something about it the other day. But I paid it no mind.

#1444 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Why does my left flipper go limp at times. I thought I was imagining this at first. But it has cost me some big points doing TB MB. My friend said something about it the other day. But I paid it no mind.

EOS switch weirdness?

#1445 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Most likely your EOS switch needs to be adjusted. Less likely, your power supply can't keep up or isn't set to 48v output. Have you had any game resets during heavy action?

#1446 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Most likely your EOS switch needs to be adjusted. Less likely, your power supply can't keep up or isn't set to 48v output. Have you had any game resets during heavy action?

I have had one reset doing a MB when all hell was breaking loose. I'll check EOS switch and output voltage ASAP (Saturday). Thanks

#1447 5 years ago

Only feels limp when I have a 4-6 ball MB. May be a power issue.

#1448 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Only feels limp when I have a 4-6 ball MB. May be a power issue.

Check the output at rest (attract mode). Should be 48v. There's a pot just to the right of the 48v connectors. Stick an alligator clip on the 48v then slowly turn the pot with a plastic tool until you get like 48.2v and see if that fixes your weak flippers and reset issue under load.

Also, check your house power at the wall to make sure you're supplying enough voltage to the machine. Older houses may be insufficient, especially when other stuff on the same breaker are on.

#1449 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Older houses may be insufficient, especially when other stuff on the same breaker are on.

I did call power company once because outlets were reading 117 volts. It's raining all weekend so I'll be in game room, checking voltage and installing mods and of course playing pinball.Thanks Vireland

#1450 5 years ago

117 volts should be fine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.75
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.