IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240123_182538 (resized).jpg
20240123_182607 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240110_065014_Chrome (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 82.
#1351 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I do have that installed now, but the damage is already done. (this game was on route before I bought it)

Sand the whole wood lock area and apply clear coat.

#1352 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I do have that installed now, but the damage is already done. (this game was on route before I bought it)

Lightly sand and clean then use those nail-polish-like auto clear touchup vials to put some clear on the raw area.

Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Toyota-00258-0000C-21-Clear-Touch-Up/dp/B009VJXG5W

#1353 5 years ago

Will I lose all my custom settings when I update the code?

I am using a new USB drive. Do I need to format it or can I just copy the files to it?

#1354 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Will I lose all my custom settings when I update the code?
I am using a new USB drive. Do I need to format it or can I just copy the files to it?

Yes you will lose all your custom settings and your high scores when you update the code.
Ensure your USB stick is 16gig and fat32 formatted before you start. Download all the files from the Stern site and unzip them before you drag the files over to your formatted USB stick. The instructions are all in your backbox.

#1355 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Yes you will lose all your custom settings and your high scores when you update the code.
Ensure your USB stick is 16gig and fat32 formatted before you start. Download all the files from the Stern site and unzip them before you drag the files over to your formatted USB stick. The instructions are all in your backbox.

Thanks.

The readme file said their would be 2 files but I have 3 files when unzipped. (2 being almost the same size)

#1356 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Thanks.
The readme file said their would be 2 files but I have 3 files when unzipped. (2 being almost the same size)

All good.
Yes I think there are 3 files. The updates are mainly technical, we did not notice much difference.

#1357 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

All good.
Yes I think there are 3 files. The updates are mainly technical, we did not notice much difference.

I was hoping this would fix the times it gets confused and can't seem to locate a ball. This happens when a ball is tossed into the toy box. It goes through ball search about 4 times before it dumps the toy box. Happens about once every 4 games.

#1358 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I was hoping this would fix the times it gets confused and can't seem to locate a ball. This happens when a ball is tossed into the toy box. It goes through ball search about 4 times before it dumps the toy box. Happens about once every 4 games.

I do not think the update will resolve your issue. There are optos in the top of your toybox that could have a loose connection or are not working correctly. First, check that they have not come loose. If you open the toybox lid, you should see them behind the 4 holes. If you know how to, go to switch menu and make sure that both of them are working. From what you have said, it sounds like one of them is not working or they are both working intermittently. The connections are under the playfield. Check there to make sure one or both of them has not come apart.

I am not on here all the time. There are plenty of good Pinsiders that will jump in and help you out if you get stuck.

#1359 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

No, you just copy them as is to your USB drive; the SPIKE system should not even attempt to flash if these files aren't correct. I've seen multiple load failures on Spike systems and non of them ever resulted in a dead system.

I tried to update the code last night without success. The PIN never seemed to recognized the files on the flash drive because it kept booting up as normal.

I took a brand new USB out of the package, formatted it FAT32. Download the zip file. Extracted the 3 files (.readme said there would only be 2 - nice Stern) to a folder. Copied the 3 files to the root of the USB. (there was still a folder on the USB which came from the formatting).

What did I do wrong?

I can post pictures of the files system later today.

#1360 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I tried to update the code last night without success. The PIN never seemed to recognized the files on the flash drive because it kept booting up as normal.
I took a brand new USB out of the package, formatted it FAT32. Download the zip file. Extracted the 3 files (.readme said there would only be 2 - nice Stern) to a folder. Copied the 3 files to the root of the USB. (there was still a folder on the USB which came from the formatting).
What did I do wrong?
I can post pictures of the files system later today.

It took me a few tries with a few different USB sticks. I don't even remember which one finally worked.

#1361 5 years ago

I really wish Stern would push out the entire .img file, so we can just swap in a new SD card. I had to resort to this to get mine updated. USB updates are currently pretty buggy.

#1362 5 years ago

AS got company when I added MET and IMDN to my gameroom last weekend.

Sick of music pins?! Ha! If they are like IMDN, MET and AS buy them all!

DD00A9D3-8ADD-49D9-A911-BD19CBB06C0C (resized).jpegDD00A9D3-8ADD-49D9-A911-BD19CBB06C0C (resized).jpeg
1775D221-3855-4F31-9578-2CE84C8EAB86 (resized).jpeg1775D221-3855-4F31-9578-2CE84C8EAB86 (resized).jpeg

#1363 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

AS got company when I added MET and IMDN to my gameroom last weekend.
Sick of music pins?! Ha! If they are like IMDN, MET and AS buy them all!

"Wish you were closer"

#1364 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

"Wish you were closer"

I have not heard much IMDN because I grew up in the US listening to FM, so a lot of Led Zep, Van Halen and ACDC. Ugh! LOL! I went from - I can't get an IMDN pin, to - I am really getting an IMDN pin?! Music is good actually. Fun layout, rules and shots. Play one if you can.

I have had a half a dozen folks over since I got IMDN FRI and many are buying one. Anyone in ATL who wants to play mine send a PM and I can see what I can do.

I cant believe I have AS, MET and IMDN in my lineup. So awesome! Add a mini wizard mode to AS and I would be a happy guy!

#1365 5 years ago

How long should the code update take? Been sitting on the updating screen for 30 mins with 0 activity.

powered off/on again. starting loading now it's stuck at 728,883/793,397. lol

EDIT wow this is annoying as it keeps locking up at different intervals each time. Can't get through the entire update after 5 tries.

#1366 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

How long should the code update take? Been sitting on the updating screen for 30 mins with 0 activity.
EDIT wow this is annoying as it keeps locking up at different intervals each time. Can't get through the entire update after 5 tries.

I would try a different USB stick.

#1367 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Did same to me. I had to do the one with verification and then it worked. Using the shortcut one it would always freeze.

#1368 5 years ago

Also not sure if it's my imagination but...
Is the toy box lid suppose to stay open the whole time the lock light is on? I could swear it use to be always closed until the ball activated the switch in the lock then would open? Seems if it stays up the coil would over heat being up for all that time. If anyone knows for sure please lmk. As it stands now if lock is lit toy box stays open.

#1369 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Did same to me. I had to do the one with verification and then it worked. Using the shortcut one it would always freeze.

I tried everything. Finally the 2nd attempt of full update it worked.

Then I thought something was wrong because my start button wasn't flashing. Remembered I had to set it to free play. lol

They did add a few menu settings because I wrote down what I had changed from defaults and the setting numbers were off a few here and there.

I still don't think the back in the saddle bug was fixed.

#1370 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I still don't think the back in the saddle bug was fixed.

What’s that bug?

#1371 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I tried everything. Finally the 2nd attempt of full update it worked.
Then I thought something was wrong because my start button wasn't flashing. Remembered I had to set it to free play. lol

The start button should flash on free play.

#1372 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

What’s that bug?

- Fixed a time out bug in "Back in the Saddle" where, during the "final shot(s)" sequence, the pop bumpers turned off the lit shot(s).

#1373 5 years ago

Yes, as long as the lock light is lit the toy box lid stays up. I haven't done the update and that is the way my works. Going to wait for the complete update coming out this summer.

#1374 5 years ago

PSA for those of you experiencing reset issues - could be caused by noise from your shaker motor:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spike-shaker-motor-advisory-for-mystery-slam-tilt

#1375 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Yes, as long as the lock light is lit the toy box lid stays up. I haven't done the update and that is the way my works. Going to wait for the complete update coming out this summer.

Thanks.

#1376 5 years ago

About to join the club (check sent). I was curious how much people would recommend a flipper fidelity speaker upgrade. I'm definitely ordering the LED kit for the translite from them and figured I would just get both at the same time. It's my first music pin. I've only ever played this on location so never really got to hear the sound by itself with factory speakers. Worth it or do the factory speakers do just fine?

#1377 5 years ago

I have flipper fidelity in a number of my pins. That said AS isn't one of em. Stock sound is great on this title imho.

#1378 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

About to join the club (check sent). I was curious how much people would recommend a flipper fidelity speaker upgrade. I'm definitely ordering the LED kit for the translite from them and figured I would just get both at the same time. It's my first music pin. I've only ever played this on location so never really got to hear the sound by itself with factory speakers. Worth it or do the factory speakers do just fine?

Just add a Polk sub and you will be delighted.

#1379 5 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Ultimate AS Pro!
Just installed my speaker lights (Doug at Speaker Light Kits is undeniably top shelf!) with my custom stainless steel mirror finish speaker grill & topper, custom sculpted Jackie & Jackie shooter rod, Joe Perry replica guitars, side armor with EL lighting. Yep, she's a keeper!
» YouTube video

Great job on Metallica and Aerosmith, Maclean! I like Sparky's bigger eyes on yours but I still giggle every time I look at the one you did for me. Are you toes on Sparky starting to chip a bit....mine are.

Love the location of you pins....that's a great looking place you have....love the view. Kinda makes me want to move my pins out of the basement.

#1380 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I was curious how much people would recommend a flipper fidelity speaker upgrade.

I went with FF and it now sounds fantastic. Well worth it IMHO.

#1381 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I think stock is fine but other speakers offer a little better sound. Listin to your SW to see what AS will be like. I heard you can play with the bass and tremble on AS with the new update so I would wait and work with what you have first before seeing about an upgrade.

#1382 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

so I would wait and work with what you have first before seeing about an upgrade.

Going with this one...thanks, everyone.

#1383 5 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

I went with FF and it now sounds fantastic. Well worth it IMHO

I have FF speakers in my AS as well, and in 6 other pins, I really like them. I noticed that I really had to dial in the treble and bass carefully on AS, or I would get a crackling sounds higher up in the volume when there were surges of sound. Very noticeable when toggling thru the menu. Maybe the stock amplifier is close to its limit, I'm not sure.

#1384 5 years ago

Yeah some folks crank their volume really loud on their pins during play. I like the music loud but I have mid 40’s, sensitive, old man ears now and can only take it so loud.

Anyone remember hearing some of the Stern pins at the Marco booth at TPF?! My friend was helping Marco and I told him I heard someone’s older Mom hurt her ears from the volume being up so loud. Well the older lady was actually me. Lol. He turned them down.

The reason for my lower tolerance for loud now is likely because back in the day I cranked up my Klipsch speakers so high listening to Aerosmith in the first place. Simple cause and effect.

#1385 5 years ago
Quoted from earflaps:

Great job on Metallica and Aerosmith, Maclean!

Thanks earflaps. I bet you are happy with your decision getting your MET instead of buying my ACDC, right?

#1386 5 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Thanks earflaps. I bet you are happy with your decision getting your MET instead of buying my ACDC, right?

I would have to say you're right, Mac. LOL Don't get me wrong, I would love to have an AC/DC LE if I had more room and more money but we've had a lot of fun with MET. Looks like you've been real happy with AS...looks great.

#1387 5 years ago

Just install Spike knocker interface kit from BPL. No more screech, Aerosmith has knocker(s). If you match or high score. Good Times

#1388 5 years ago

My game arrives Tuesday. Just checked out the Iron Maiden thread and saw cabinet splitting issues are being discussed. I remember hearing about these with Aerosmith in the early run. Mine will be home use only on carpet with sliders. Do I need to get the B/W brackets to install? No issues on my SW premium after 800+ plays and it is just as arrived from factory.

#1389 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

My game arrives Tuesday. Just checked out the Iron Maiden thread and saw cabinet splitting issues are being discussed. I remember hearing about these with Aerosmith in the early run. Mine will be home use only on carpet with sliders. Do I need to get the B/W brackets to install? No issues on my SW premium after 800+ plays and it is just as arrived from factory.

I installed Brackets in all four corners on my Aerosmith within a week of ownership, and installed shaker. Didn't want it to fall apart. Thanks for the info on IM thread.

#1391 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Lottery, basically. It may happen to yours, it may not. But the likelihood of "may" is higher than it was when the cabinets were made of better wood on KISS and before.

$30 worth of prevention for piece of mind.

#1392 5 years ago

I used Pinball Browser to check out AS tonight. There are some great sounds and some funny as hell Jacky callouts. What callouts would you replace?

#1393 5 years ago

Lighted flipper button question: do purple flipper lights look good on the blue pro cabinet? Any pictures would be appreciated.

#1394 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Lighted flipper button question: do purple flipper lights look good on the blue pro cabinet? Any pictures would be appreciated.

No.

#1395 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

They make blue one's. That may be a better choice.

#1396 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I bought a set of brackets and they arrived a couple of days ago. I will probably install them this weekend ... just in case. Better to error on the side of caution than to be sorry you didn't.

#1397 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I bought a set of brackets and they arrived a couple of days ago. I will probably install them this weekend ... just in case. Better to error on the side of caution than to be sorry you didn't.

Err. Error is an error in that context.

Captain Idiom, at your service!

#1398 5 years ago

Installing cliffys on a premium (see photos for those that are curious about the ones under the upper playfield), but have a question. Did anyone install a cliffy switch protector on the switch above the lock where it appears that the upper playfield ball drops on or near? See first photo for the switch that I am talking about. If you did, does the ball sometimes get hung up on it?

20180502_202810 (resized).jpg20180502_202810 (resized).jpg
20180502_202739 (resized).jpg20180502_202739 (resized).jpg
20180502_202718 (resized).jpg20180502_202718 (resized).jpg

#1399 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Installing cliffys on a premium (see photos for those that are curious about the ones under the upper playfield), but have a question. Did anyone install a cliffy switch protector on the switch above the lock where it appears that the upper playfield ball drops on or near? See first photo for the switch that I am talking about.

Probably a good idea, but those switch protectors sometimes get ball hangs, and a ball hang up there would be a pain. And you'll never see that area any way.

#1400 5 years ago

Joined today!

20180508_145619 (resized).jpg20180508_145619 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wentzville, MO
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Trade
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.