IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240123_182538 (resized).jpg
20240123_182607 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240110_065014_Chrome (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 82.
#1301 5 years ago

I have never understood the need to replace Stern's Factory speakers. They sound great to me.
This extends into WPC era games and beyond. Don't get it.

#1302 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I have never understood the need to replace Stern's Factory speakers. They sound great to me.

I understand where your coming from on past games, but you can adjust treble and bass now. Sterns factory speakers are full range speakers and fall flat on highs and lows. They basically are only good for mids. That’s why the vocals come through pretty clear and honestly they are the right low cost selection to suit. I’m looking for a bit more treble, and a bit more bass and these speakers simply weren’t designed for that, so that’s why I’m going to replace the backbox on mine

#1303 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Damn, I love this game!!!!!

It’s a great F ing game Art!

Just had unreal MB stack

#1304 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s a great F ing game Art!
Just had unreal MB stack

Haven't gotten far in scoring, but it is fun, without frustration to play...every game is a blast!

#1305 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Haven't gotten far in scoring, but it is fun, without frustration to play...every game is a blast!

When I have bad games I tend to get a "Oh I really sucked during that game, but it was fun anyway! Hit start again! Yay!" feeling when I play AS.

Pretty unusual for a Borg game to be like that.

#1306 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Damn, I love this game!!!!!

I've complained about the code but, Damn your right, it's been my go to pin. When i think I'm getting better and then the game let's me know I'm not by giving me a 5 mill game.

#1307 5 years ago

It’s a personal decision. I get a lot of satisfaction from improving the sound in my pins, especially music pins. Back in the Saddle and Sweet Emotion are just so much better with a good subwoofer. I like the FF cabinet subs, while my friends like external subs. Either way, once you hear the difference, it’s hard to go back.

#1308 5 years ago

I think some people just like blowing money on “stuff” ...

With the older games, the amps in those are like 4w output - putting in flash ass speakers is like sticking a 4” exhaust system on your Smart Car. Or plugging some KEF speakers into your iPhone.

The Spike games sound damn good stock in my opinion. I have them around mid volume I guess. Not super loud. I pumped up the bass adjustment to full on BM66 and the cabinet speaker peaked - I wound it back a little and she’s fine, at the volume I have it at. Plenty of bass, no distortion. More than adequate for me.

PS - I remembered I have a cheap ass Fusion 10" sub here, which I found worked well in the Whitestar/Sam games, I'm going to put it into a Spike game and report back.

This Fusion 10" sub is so cheap and nasty, the little amp actually drives it OK. I experimented with some quality Rockford Fosgate subs in some pins, the amp is so wheeeezy it wouldn't even move the cone to any great extent. Basically a waste of time. The shitty Fusion worked way better due to its complete lack of any quality or finesse lollll

rd

#1309 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I think some people just like blowing money on “stuff” ...

But what else are we going to do with it RD?

Never seen a hearse with a luggage rack on top.

#1310 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

But what else are we going to do with it RD?
Never seen a hearse with a luggage rack on top.

Dunno - build an asset base that will provide for your family and create a legacy long after you’re dead?

Funny you mention a hearse - after 2 years off the road, today my hearse is drivable again!

New fuel lines, brake lines, and an ECU issue sorted out.

Just gotta finish off a little underfloor surface rust and I’ll be off to get me some licence plates!!

rd

EB981441-08F4-40CB-A956-8A2FA2F75B28 (resized).jpegEB981441-08F4-40CB-A956-8A2FA2F75B28 (resized).jpeg

#1311 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Dunno - build an asset base that will provide for your family and create a legacy long after you’re dead?

Funny you mention a hearse - after 2 years off the road, today my hearse is drivable again!

New fuel lines, brake lines, and an ECU issue sorted out.

Just gotta finish off a little underfloor surface rust and I’ll be off to get me some licence plates!!

rd

You need some Texas license plates for that bad boy. And of course a luggage rack.

And yes, a legacy is great and priority number 1 and/or 1A, BUT if you don't "blow some $$$" and have fun with our own hard work then our kids and grandkids will be doing it for us!

Dani already has 200 pins to inherit, what more does she want?

#1312 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Dani already has 200 pins to inherit, what more does she want?

201?

rd

#1313 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You need some Texas license plates for that bad boy. And of course a luggage rack.

Bull horns.

0230EF17-CA45-4BCE-B5BB-64DD468E2BDC (resized).jpeg0230EF17-CA45-4BCE-B5BB-64DD468E2BDC (resized).jpeg

My best friend drove a hearse in high school. The rollers in the back weren’t comfortable to sit on.

#1314 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

My best friend drove a hearse in high school. The rollers in the back weren’t comfortable to sit on.

I bet!

However, they are excellent to roll pins on.

rd

FACD0E29-D10E-4F74-905D-868AFA571FA2 (resized).jpegFACD0E29-D10E-4F74-905D-868AFA571FA2 (resized).jpeg

#1315 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Check out the flipper fidelity options for the speakers that have the same mounting pattern. You can order them with a lower profile if you eventually want to get a speaker light kit. That's the route I'm going on the next credit card billing cycle.

When ordering SPIKE & SPIKE 2 speakers directly from Flipper Fidelity you are given the option to choose "I do not have SpeakerLights" or "Yes, I have SpeakerLights". What that determines is if the speakers come with spacer rings attached to the front of them or not. These spacer rings are there to allow space at the front of the speaker so the protruding tweeters do not come in contact with the mounting surface when the speakers are mounted.

So if you choose "I do not have SpeakerLights" you will get the speakers with the spacers attached to the front of them. If you choose "Yes, I have SpeakerLights" you will get the speakers that do not have the spacer rings. The catch is....if you say "Yes, I do have SpeakerLights" you really do need to have the speaker lights....not later, but when you install the speakers. If you say you have the speaker lights, but you do not....you won't be able to properly mount the ringless speakers at all.

If you are talking about SPIKE 2 games and upgraded speakers (that have protruding tweeters) and Speaker Light Kits...you will also have to remove the metal bars from the holes in the factory speaker plates (which can be cut out with a dremel or powered through with some side cutters).....or you can buy a set of my "SPIKE 2 replacement speaker plates for Speaker Light Kits". This is a set of replacement speaker plates that have the bars removed from the speaker holes, It also makes it so the speaker holes can be centered in the honeycomb area. As well as providing 4 mounting points for each speaker instead of the factory 2. It comes in the same flat textured black material as the original factory plates and they should be posted on my website for sale in the next few weeks. These replacement speaker plates can only be used in conjunction with my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits.

More info on using upgraded speakers with my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits can be found on my website here:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Upgraded-Speakers-Type-11.html

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Hole Centered (resized).jpgHole Centered (resized).jpg
Front.jpgFront.jpg
Back.jpgBack.jpg

#1316 5 years ago

Is there any reason sometimes the toybox closes and the launched ball hits Jacky in the face rather than going into the box when it's open? I'm guessing it's because lock isn't lit and yet somehow the box is open, therefore not earned?

I feel sorry for the little guy.

#1317 5 years ago
Quoted from StormyX73:

Is there any reason sometimes the toybox closes and the launched ball hits Jacky in the face rather than going into the box when it's open? I'm guessing it's because lock isn't lit and yet somehow the box is open, therefore not earned?

That would be correct which is why he taunts you on the screen say for instance "you wouldn't hit a guy with glasses".

#1318 5 years ago
Quoted from StormyX73:

Is there any reason sometimes the toybox closes and the launched ball hits Jacky in the face rather than going into the box when it's open?

Because there are balls in there.

Machine won’t load more balls in the box than required.

ie if lock 1 is lit, and there are balls in the box, it will close the lid and hit him in the face.

You see this most in a multi player game.

If you hit the lock hole, and there are no locks lit, generally it launches the ball out slowly .. and it goes across the PF, not in the air. Occasionally, it will hit him in the face for novelty value - “you wouldn’t hit a guy with glasses would youuuu?”

rd

#1319 5 years ago
Quoted from StormyX73:

Lets say your lock is lit and it's going to launch your first ball into toy box. But say player 1 already has two ball locked it will not put your (toy) in box but you'll get credit for it. Jacky knows how to count.

#1320 5 years ago

I just watched some game play for Iron Maiden. I heard at least 4 diffent call out for lane drains. A lot of call outs for game play. And I believe about 10 high score champions. (loop, combo, spinner, spinner meltdown, 3 bank target champion, Ace high and Fear the dark champion) and more. When a match happened at end of game you heard it. Aerosmith is next in line for a overhaul, hang on to toy box Jacky.

#1321 5 years ago

Thanks guys for answering my toy box conundrum. It all makes perfect sense.

#1322 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I just watched some game play for Iron Maiden. I heard at least 4 diffent call out for lane drains. A lot of call outs for game play. And I believe about 10 high score champions. (loop, combo, spinner, spinner meltdown, 3 bank target champion, Ace high and Fear the dark champion) and more. When a match happened at end of game you heard it. Aerosmith is next in line for a overhaul, hang on to toy box Jacky.

Been suggesting for over a year that AS and KISS desperately need Champion awards - just hope they get them in the Summer updates.

#1323 5 years ago
Quoted from StormyX73:

Don't feel sorry for him. Sukie Jones likes his "pretty smile."

#1324 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

This is a set of replacement speaker plates that have the bars removed from the speaker holes, It also makes it so the speaker holes can be centered in the honeycomb area. As well as providing 4 mounting points for each speaker instead of the factory 2. It comes in the same flat textured black material as the original factory plates and they should be posted on my website for sale in the next few weeks.

Great ... been waiting for these new speaker plates too that you had previously mentioned you were working on. I'll order it all once you have these available. Then the old speakers can just stay mounted to the old plates in case I should ever want to swap them back out for selling it. Not currently in my plans to sell it, but ya never know. Could always mount the old ones under a swap box in some way to do something quirky/geeky too.

#1325 5 years ago

If your updating code and the updating freezes for 10 minutes. Do you just turn off at power switch and wait for LED lights to go out and then try again? Thanks in advance.

#1326 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

If your updating code and the updating freezes for 10 minutes. Do you just turn off at power switch and wait for LED lights to go out and then try again? Thanks in advance.

Yes, happens in both BM66 and AS

#1327 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Yes, If update freezes, just turn game off, wait and repeat, 4th time was a charm.

#1328 5 years ago

I'd recommend backing up your SD card with https://etcher.io/ before attempting an upgrade. Learn from my fail.

#1329 5 years ago

Someone posted saying there's an adult mode in AS settings. ? Is this true and I've missed it?

#1330 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Someone posted saying there's an adult mode in AS settings. ? Is this true and I've missed it?

I seen it today. When I updated code. I'm thinking setting # 40.

#1331 5 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Has anyone else had a problem with the custom message feature? I select CUSTOM MESSAGE ON (adjustment #41) and change the message by hand, but I have never seen it come up in Attract Mode.

Leftover from DMD system menu framework. Lazy coding.

#1332 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Leftover from DMD system menu framework. Lazy coding.

Yes, I put message in today but nothing. " Walk This Way or Get In Toy Box" Hopefully Tim Sexton will be getting this pin to recode. He plays pinball and knows what the players want.

#1333 5 years ago

Under FEATURE ADJUSTMENT #1
Adult Content Yes factory default

#1334 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Under FEATURE ADJUSTMENT #1
Adult Content Yes factory default

Pretty sure I've heard Jacky drop an F bomb, but it's rare.

#1335 5 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Pretty sure I've heard Jacky drop an F bomb, but it's rare.

He definitely does. I've only heard it once but it was funny as sht cause the game was on location. When the ball shot of the lock and hit him in the head, he said "What the F...". We were cracking up.

#1336 5 years ago

Here is what I don't get...why can't things like all the different high score champion, lane drain callouts, etc just be stock code "snippets" that the programmer essentially just drops in? I mean if it has been coded on one SPIKE game already, I can't imagine it takes much to tweak the rough code and apply it to another.

Quoted from Spiderpin:

#1337 5 years ago
Quoted from ejacques:

Here is what I don't get...why can't things like all the different high score champion, lane drain callouts, etc just be stock code "snippets" that the programmer essentially just drops in? I mean if it has been coded on one SPIKE game already, I can't imagine it takes much to tweak the rough code and apply it to another.

If I had the resources. I would download iron maiden code and see what would happen in AS.

#1338 5 years ago

Any way to reduce strength of auto launch? Mines at times kicking the ball so hard it smashes into the plastic in the upper right corner...

#1339 5 years ago

It seems after I updated code, when the ball is bouncing off the pop bumpers, back and forth and all around it sounds like a drum solo. Or maybe it was because I had the volume cranked up.

#1340 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Quoted from lodgingdolphin:Pretty sure I've heard Jacky drop an F bomb, but it's rare.
He definitely does. I've only heard it once but it was funny as sht cause the game was on location. When the ball shot of the lock and hit him in the head, he said "What the F...". We were cracking up

Yes, there are at least two f-bomb drops by Jacky in adult mode. Also, during Elevator Multiball, I'm sure that when the girl steps into the elevator, you can faintly hear her ask a suggestive two-word question (about which direction they are going--hint, hint), after which you hear something that sounds like Steve Tyler's distinctive chuckle ("he-he-he"). However, the audio is very faint and easy to miss, and the irony is that you can hear the same thing in family mode. Again, I assume it's a coding issue.

#1341 5 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Yes, there are at least two f-bomb drops by Jacky in adult mode. Also, during Elevator Multiball, I'm sure that when the girl steps into the elevator, you can faintly hear her ask a suggestive two-word question (about which direction they are going--hint, hint), after which you hear something that sounds like Steve Tyler's distinctive chuckle ("he-he-he"). However, the audio is very faint and easy to miss, and the irony is that you can hear the same thing in family mode. Again, I assume it's a coding issue.

The elevator line is from the video. Classic.

#1342 5 years ago

Just went to Stern's to check on update. Not one for AS yet, but Batman got another one, second one in a week. We don't need a update on the 13th. We'll wait till Monday.

#1343 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Just went to Stern's to check on update. Not one for AS yet, but Batman got another one, second one in a week. We don't need a update on the 13th. We'll wait till Monday.

Full AS code will be mid-summer. Don’t expect anything sooner.

#1344 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

This was not the second in a week. It's actually been 5 plus weeks and the software has been a year and half in the making.....

#1345 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

The elevator line is from the video. Classic.

Aha--thank you. It's not just me hearing it then. Obviously, the audio needs a boost.

#1346 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

This was not the second in a week. It's actually been 5 plus weeks and the software has been a year and half in the making.....

You are correct, V0.88.0 - Feb. 22, 2018 was last update. I should have read the READ ME. I miss spoke, l mean text.

#1347 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

You are correct, V0.88.0 - Feb. 22, 2018 was last update. I should have read the READ ME. I miss spoke, l mean text.

All good now Please get us some AS code!!!! lol Its so close but needs so more.

#1348 5 years ago

My clear coat has eroded away down to the bare wood in a very small section of the lock. Should I put anything down on it before I cover it with a piece of mylar?

#1349 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

My clear coat has eroded away down to the bare wood in a very small section of the lock. Should I put anything down on it before I cover it with a piece of mylar?

Get the Cliffy protector set.

#1350 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Get the Cliffy protector set.

I do have that installed now, but the damage is already done. (this game was on route before I bought it)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wentzville, MO
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12.75
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Trade
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
There are 4,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.