Here are my notes on the improvements that made this upgrade worthwhile for me. All of the diagnostic improvements are good too, but wouldn't have been enough on their own to make me take the plunge.
- NOT MENTIONED: improvement to the song select bug
** Hitting the flippers will still change the song between ball launch and the first switch hit. BUT: the song now matches the mode that you're in! No more hearing "Sweet Emotion" while playing "Rats". Hell yeah! I hope this is real and not just my imagination. I still think that ball launch should lock it in immediately, but this is enough of a fix for me.
- Fixed a problem where the game could reset if the display tried to render too many layered images after a foreground display effect was finished running.
** I haven't experienced a reset, but I'm glad it's less likely now.
- System v1.97, nodebus protocol change and node board firmware update.
** Didn't cause any new issues, this is good!
- Improved sound processing.
** I could swear that the audio quality is better, but this may just be due to the ability to tweak the balance between the cab and backbox speakers.
- Added adjustments for backbox speaker bass/treble, cabinet speaker
bass/treble, and cabinet/backbox speaker balance to service menu
UTIL->VOL. Speaker balance allows lowering the volume level of cabinet
speaker or backbox speakers vs. the other.
** This was HUGE for me. Now I'm getting the most out of my Flipper Fidelity 10" woofer. Sound quality is much easier to tweak.
- Added adjustment for "GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
** YES! It's great to be able to dim it to 50% during game play.
- Added support for new headphone jack accessory.
** If this will speed up availability of a Spike 2 Pinnovator jack, I'm excited. I've been waiting for this.