Topic Stats

• 2,418 posts
  • 248 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Cyrus
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 375 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2F2E97C9-5FF3-4720-9AFA-7494ADE5B846 (resized).jpeg
880AC633-8F2F-4B43-A488-58CBDFB5D4C6 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0038 (resized).jpg
75B38345-3E2B-436A-81A1-83114B3F8D9B (resized).jpeg
20190125_174947 (resized).jpg
20190125_174959 (resized).jpg
Hole Centered (resized).jpg
Back (resized).jpg
Front (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190113_151009 (resized).jpg
20190113_150957 (resized).jpg
BA37662E-70F1-4432-B23D-3BAFAA15294D (resized).jpeg
51E32EF2-3E32-4A22-9050-1C7BBEB62E93 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2418 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 49.
#1151 11 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Aerosmith is just a hack from KISS rules

Yes I see that Lonnie R did software for both games. Let me say now that the next game that is a Stern will have Lyman S. Under the hood.

#1152 11 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I hopeful it will have like high score for each song, more use of shaker motor. Call out for drain. at times it think my left flipper goes limp. I guess I got spoiled with TWD code. I'm ready to buy another pin but want to see Aerosmith developed.

You are liking Lyman code on TWD (for good reason), and experiencing rehashed KISS Lonnie code on Aerosmith (generally formulaic and rarely polished after release). Don't expect TWD level love on Aerosmith's potentially final update. Generally if you pay attention to who is in charge of the code before buying, you'll have a better idea of what to expect with machines. For Lyman, expect a great experience and polish over time. For Lonnie, not so much. For Dwight, more complicated rule systems, but generally good code, etc, etc, etc.

#1153 11 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Yes I see that Lonnie R did software for both games. Let me say now that the next game that is a Stern will have Lyman S. Under the hood.

Stern hired a bunch of new coders, so hopefully there's another Lyman and Dwight in the bunch. Time will tell.

#1154 11 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Stern hired a bunch of new coders, so hopefully there's another Lyman and Dwight in the bunch. Time will tell.

I purchased this one without doing homework, my 8 year old niece want me to get a music pin. So I got one with a LCD screen. She likes it, and wife has played more games on this one in three week than in 8 year on some 11 pins I had. So I guess I can't complain. I still got my eye on GoT and something else.

#1155 11 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I purchased this one without doing homework, my 8 year old niece want me to get a music pin. So I got one with a LCD screen. She likes it, and wife has played more games on this one in three week than in 8 year on some 11 pins I had. So I guess I can't complain. I still got my eye on GoT and something else.

Some people hate it, but Game of Thrones Prem is one of my favorite recent pins. Dwight on software means there are so many ways to attack the scoring. Really like it a lot.

#1156 11 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Nothing wrong with Aerosmith at all. The game is beautiful, its fun as hell, it's challenging, and the code is pretty damn solid. I dont care if it is a rehash of the Kiss code or not, its still pretty good. I love my AS Pro!

#1157 11 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nothing wrong with Aerosmith at all. The game is beautiful, its fun as hell, it's challenging, and the code is pretty damn solid. I dont care if it is a rehash of the Kiss code or not, its still pretty good. I love my AS Pro!

With 400 plus game, it's a fun game, great art work, toy box with 6 Ball lock, back door lock, CIU, and love in an elevator. it's one of my favorites. Just looking for more than Grand Champion and High Score 1,2,3,4 and Combo. Love the game (sweet emotion) don't mean to sound like I'm trashing it at all. Love my AS

#1158 11 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

With 400 plus game, it's a fun game, great art work, toy box with 6 Ball lock, back door lock, CIU, and love in an elevator. it's one of my favorites. Just looking for more than Grand Champion and High Score 1,2,3,4 and Combo. Love the game (sweet emotion) don't mean to sound like I'm trashing it at all. Love my AS

It has a pretty simple rule set for sure, but thats one of the things i kind of like about it. It seems like when I play Aerosmith that i just have fun and i never get mad or stressed out like some games can make you get. I kind of like that.

#1159 11 months ago

Speculation about what Stern may or may not do for the next update is pretty pointless. I’ve learned to live with the song select bug. The rules as they stand are very solid. New modes or rules are always appreciated, but you can’t expect them unless there’s an unused insert.

Having said all that, I’d love to see a new mini-wizard mode. Medley takes too much woodchopping, and you can sort of time out modes to get there. Something like: complete the daisy for any 4 modes to start the new mode. New mode gives you 60 seconds to hit both ramps and both orbits, and finish at either the scoop or Jackie launch hole for 50M.

#1160 11 months ago

How's that code going Lonnie? It's almost been a year now. Just saying :0

#1161 11 months ago

I recently added the "dice domes" that i picked up at TPF. They look awesome. Very translucent. I also made some new rules cards that i will post separately if anyone would like to use them.

Aerosmith dice lit up (resized).jpg

Aerosmith entire playfield (resized).jpg

Aerosmith playfield (resized).jpg

#1162 11 months ago

here are some new rules cards i put together. I really like the photo of the band.

Aerosmith_pinside_purple (003) (resized).jpg

Aerosmith_pinside_blue (002) (resized).jpg

#1163 11 months ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

I recently added the "dice domes" that i picked up at TPF. They look awesome

Oof... I don’t know about that.

#1164 11 months ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

here are some new rules cards i put together. I really like the photo of the band.

They look great, I wanted to make some, but to busy trying to beat my high score. I'll shall print and use them. I change mind out often.

#1165 11 months ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

Cards look great! Left handed guitar is little out of place, but that's me being super picky.

#1166 11 months ago

Thanks to hooked for the awesome mod.

IMG_1079 (resized).JPG

IMG_1081 (resized).JPG

#1167 11 months ago
Quoted from jrio101:

Thanks to hooked for the awesome mod.

They look great. Mine have a high pitch sound coming from each of them. Do yours have that? Not super loud, but you can hear it when there is a pause in the game sounds. It's there all the time with the game powered up

#1168 11 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

They look great. Mine have a high pitch sound coming from each of them. Do yours have that? Not super loud, but you can hear it when there is a pause in the game sounds. It's there all the time with the game powered up

Electro-luminescent sheets do that.

#1169 11 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Mine had a high pitch at first. I reseated the connections and no more noise now. The connectors can go on both ways so check that to make sure they are correct.

#1170 11 months ago

I love mine

20180331_183709 (resized).jpg

#1171 11 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

No sound that I can hear with mine. Could be I just can't hear that frequency any more!

#1172 11 months ago

After waxing pin this week I must have moved right ramp rail. Now about 70% of the time ball flys off rail. And half that time goes over the right flipper and drains. I need a full roll cage or tweek rail. Lol

#1173 11 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

After waxing pin this week I must have moved right ramp rail. Now about 70% of the time ball flys off rail. And half that time goes over the right flipper and drains. I need a full roll cage or tweek rail. Lol

No i don't think you moved the rail lol. I think the ball is moving so much faster now that its flying off of the ramp. Mine did the exact same thing and it probably took 50 games to return back to normal. I actually waxed the ramps also and figured maybe that was why it was happening. Did you wax the ramps also or just the playfield?

All games get faster when you give them a wax and its usually pretty fun, not on AS though lol.

#1174 11 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Did you wax the ramps also or just the playfield?
All games get faster when you give them a wax and its usually pretty fun, not on AS though lol.

I just did the playfield only, it was soooo slick the ball looked like it was sliding across playfield and not rolling. Then when I did a power shot for the orbit, but missed and hit the ramp it was like WTF. After it went all air ball and hit the glass.

#1175 11 months ago

I just remembered that I did install new Perfect Play silicone rubber. That made it look like a cue ball with some English put on it. So let's see 500 game in and I've waxed playfield, New Bands six new balls and a ton of fun CIU.

#1176 11 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I just did the playfield only, it was soooo slick the ball looked like it was sliding across playfield and not rolling. Then when I did a power shot for the orbit, but missed and hit the ramp it was like WTF. After it went all air ball and hit the glass.

I dont know why it is but waxing AS is insane. It will settle down but it takes about 50 games or so.

#1177 11 months ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

Does someone have the purple ones sized for printing? I tried saving the photo but they don't seem to line up when uploading to a photo printing site like Costco.

#1178 11 months ago
Quoted from JimB:

Does someone have the purple ones sized for printing? I tried saving the photo but they don't seem to line up when uploading to a photo printing site like Costco.

Hmm. They don’t print to size? I had one of my graphic artists design them. I thought she set up the file so that it would be easy to print off on an 8.5 x 11 sheet and then just trim them out. Mine printed to size, but I printed them on a flat bed digital printer. I will look into it today.

#1179 11 months ago

Ok, we'll try again with pdfs. Make sure that you select the option to print at "actual size", which is 5.5" x 3". They should print out to size.

Aerosmith_pinside_purple.pdf

Aerosmith_pinside_blue.pdf

#1180 11 months ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

I recently added the "dice domes" that i picked up at TPF. .

Ohhh thanks for the pics. i have a set coming for my new LE as well. i think they look great

BTW i joined the club guys. Picked a NIB LE last week.

The game played pretty good for the first few test games. But then when i moved it into its spot in my lineup. I have been getting some terrible house balls.

The ball loves to drain left outlane. floats right into it without much you can do about it. But the worst is the right outlane. Very consistently coming out of the pops or off the toy magnet and shooting right down there and very quickly.

I had the game set to 6.5-6.8 where i put most of my sterns.

Then i lowered it all the way down. Still was happeing.

Then i angled the machine about .6 degrees to the right. Still was happening.

Then i gave up for the night. lol
Im not the greatest pinball player but house balls are discouraging. Any pointers to prevent this. OR how do you guys generally set this game up.

#1181 11 months ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

I recently added the "dice domes" that i picked up at TPF. They look awesome. Very translucent. I also made some new rules cards that i will post separately if anyone would like to use them.

Where did you get the nameplate for the toy box? What does it say on your mirror blades? I like the instruction cards. I see yours is a little more custom with your LE # on it.

#1182 11 months ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

Ok, we'll try again with pdfs.

Thanks, just ordered a print.

#1183 11 months ago

I’ve had drains down the middle from the pops, but not out the sides (from the pops). Jacky’s magnet slams the ball into the right outlanes about every 50-100 times, infrequent enough that it just makes me laugh. The only one that annoys me is the ball bouncing off Jacky’s face and SDTM.

#1184 11 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’ve had drains down the middle from the pops, but not out the sides (from the pops). Jacky’s magnet slams the ball into the right outlanes about every 50-100 times, infrequent enough that it just makes me laugh. The only one that annoys me is the ball bouncing off Jacky’s face and SDTM.

uggh wonder what adjustment i need to do.

I have the drop target in front of the elevator shot. 80% of the time if i hit that directly its SDTM. Jacky is usually ok unless the magnet flings to the right outlane.

But the worse is plunge and firing out of pops to right out lane before you can blink.

#1185 11 months ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

uggh wonder what adjustment i need to do.

But the worse is plunge and firing out of pops to right out lane before you can blink.

Always short plunge.

#1186 11 months ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

A gift that keeps on giving from the KISS layout. Does the same thing frequently on KISS.

#1187 11 months ago

Well i do try to short plunge. But theres a lot of auto plunges on this game because of the toy box. so its tough to get over there quick. And impossible for novices. So my friends playing the game or my wife was very discouraged.

I thought maybe there was a sweet spot angle to set the game up that i was missing. Im always one to shone away from (Cheating mods) But if it continues like this i may have to.

#1188 11 months ago

Mine virtually never comes out of the pops to the outlane. It generally feeds to the left flipper. I’ll check my angle when I get home tonight, and let you know.

You didn’t remove the post that is between the pops did you?

#1189 11 months ago

Game is as is from when i opened it out of NIB. Im not recalling a post out of the poppers tho. Ill double check in case maybe it was forgotten.

#1190 11 months ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Where did you get the nameplate for the toy box? What does it say on your mirror blades? I like the instruction cards. I see yours is a little more custom with your LE # on it.

I own a sign & printing company, so i printed the nameplate on a flatbed digital printer. It was printed on brushed silver metal mica and laminated. I velcro'd it to the Toy Box. If anyone is interested in one, pm me. It would be most efficient for me to do a bunch at the same time. I would be as kind as possible on the pricing. Really not trying to make any money here. I would just want to cover my costs and spread some AS love to the Community. If there is any interest, I'll compile a list.

I was doing a bunch of reflective decals for a fleet of Police vehicles and got the idea that reflective might look good on mirror blades. I was hoping for a little more reflectivity, like the photo below where the 2 blades aren't in the game yet. I took that photo with the camera flash on and was hoping to get that same type of reflectivity when in the game. But, it is much more subtle and really depends on how much light is going on in the game at that time. It reflects best when say Elevator Multiball is starting. The guitar fit really nice on the left blade as there is not much blocking anything on that side. The upper playfield & wireform blocks a little more on the right blade. I have "Going Down ?" back by the elevator and "Falling in Love is so Hard on the Knees" decals on the right blade, along with a set of wings. I know maybe not for everyone, but i like the look.

AS left mirror blade (resized).jpg

AS right mirror blade (resized).jpg

AS mirror blades (resized).jpg

Toy Box sign (resized).jpg

#1191 11 months ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Well i do try to short plunge. But theres a lot of auto plunges on this game because of the toy box. so its tough to get over there quick. And impossible for novices. So my friends playing the game or my wife was very discouraged.
I thought maybe there was a sweet spot angle to set the game up that i was missing. Im always one to shone away from (Cheating mods) But if it continues like this i may have to.

If you haven't already, close the outlanes as much as possible. I don't think the steepness will make any difference but sometimes NIB games settle down after a while.

#1192 11 months ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Game is as is from when i opened it out of NIB. Im not recalling a post out of the poppers tho. Ill double check in case maybe it was forgotten.

My post was lose that sets between the pop bumpers. Didn't find it until I did my first wax job. About game 450 or so. Aka three weeks. Check to make sure it's tight.

#1193 11 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

A gift that keeps on giving from the KISS layout. Does the same thing frequently on KISS.

The AS hate is strong with this guy, don’t listen to him. As SR would say, PLAY BETTER.

#1194 11 months ago

I’ve almost never lost a ball from the pops to the outlanes (stock outlane position). In fact unless going for a lock I full plunge for the extra couple seconds you get on the clock after exiting the pops.

#1195 11 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The AS hate is strong with this guy, don’t listen to him. As SR would say, PLAY BETTER.

Trust me this wasn't a play better problem. It was plunge poppers straight nothing but net right out lane. I closed the right out lane the one notch. Which I reluctantly did. But the only post I see by the pops is in between the top and bottom pop. Nothing at the bottom.

#1196 11 months ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Trust me this wasn't a play better problem. It was plunge poppers straight nothing but net right out lane. I closed the right out lane the one notch. Which I reluctantly did. But the only post I see by the pops is in between the top and bottom pop. Nothing at the bottom.

Sometimes new games play like that.

I remember my Transformers LE was unplayable for months. Now you can play it for hours.

It’ll settle down.

In saying that, I did have the Jacky magnet throw 3 balls in a row down the right outlane last night. Shit happens. Haha.

rd

#1197 11 months ago

Having seen the code update for GotG, and how awesome it is - I really hope that the update for AS (as the modes are almost a direct copy) is along a similar vein, and we don't have to wait too long for it.

#1198 11 months ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

There is an outer rail that the ball runs along during the launch before the pops. Maybe loosen that and adjust it out as much as the screw holes will allow. I played a PRO on location a lot and the auto-launch would send it SDTM 90% of the time, so I would have to pop the plunger to pop up the ball off of the auto-plunge mechanism before that fired, then do a softer plunge after that. When I got my premium, it never did that, but does always hit the left-most pop bumper far enough to not just be a ricochet on down but actually pop around up there for a while. Might be worth a try to see what happens.

#1199 11 months ago

Just installed new art blades, so while I'm under the hood I had to remove the stock Leg brackets and install something to hold the cabinet together. I don't want the Shaker breaking side off when the new codes done is and we go from a 4 cylinder to a Boss 429. Wait wrong game. lol NOTE the Toy Box Lid Flasher. Dollar Tree Marker By Jot 10 count, use the smaller markers for small post. (right of TB) I also used them at out lanes.

IMG_5369 (resized).JPG

IMG_5365 (resized).JPG

#1200 11 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I kind of used to think that also but not really anymore.

I think Vireland is just a super passionate pinhead and wants stern to finish some of their games, like Kiss and AS, that they started to make them really great. Also do better on quality control issues. Don’t we all really?

Vireland is very knowledgeable and helps a lot of folks deal with little and larger issues. That is what I come away with at least.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.75
$ 6.35
Cabinet - Decals
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Sale Pending!
West Chicago, IL
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Niceville, FL
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2418 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 49.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside