Topic Stats

• 2,424 posts
  • 251 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by mbwalker
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 377 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190318_201608.png
20190318_201234.png
2F2E97C9-5FF3-4720-9AFA-7494ADE5B846 (resized).jpeg
880AC633-8F2F-4B43-A488-58CBDFB5D4C6 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0038 (resized).jpg
75B38345-3E2B-436A-81A1-83114B3F8D9B (resized).jpeg
20190125_174947 (resized).jpg
20190125_174959 (resized).jpg
Hole Centered (resized).jpg
Back (resized).jpg
Front (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190113_151009 (resized).jpg
20190113_150957 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2424 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 49.
#1101 1 year ago
Quoted from merccat:

Could be wrong but I think Sweet Emotion won’t even continue on the same ball. Once time is out always have to start over.

Yeh, you’re right. Badly worded.

#1102 1 year ago

Topper or no topper? I haven't seen one in person, but from the pics it looks kinda small. Is it worth the $400? I bought the Stern topper for my GB and love it. It's also huge.

#1103 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Topper or no topper? I haven't seen one in person, but from the pics it looks kinda small. Is it worth the $400? I bought the Stern topper for my GB and love it. It's also huge.

There was one with it at TPF. It looked nice and the Mrs liked it... I suspect had I mentioned the price she would of not had a favorable opinion of it.

I would get it if it were at or under $100 but to me $400 is too much.

#1104 1 year ago

Have to agree the topper is overpriced. Having said that it’s pretty cool with the colour changing LEDS that pulse in time with the music and change colour with the songs. It’s also great looking topper that fits in perfectly with the game. Kind of understated and not too over the top.

But at $500, it’s pretty hard to justify on any metric.

#1105 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Coins are different than shots/petals to complete a song. I think 3 songs are able to be completed on 1 shot and then an optional Super Shot. The rest you need to complete all shots. But the number of shots needed to complete differs for these songs (8, 10 and 12). Only Sweet Emotion doesn’t allow you to continue so you need to do it all at once.
Tilt forums has a Rulesheets here: http://tiltforums.com/search?context=topic&context_id=2499&q=Coins%20&skip_context=true
Rats in the Cellar - doesn’t require all shots – 8 Shots to complete – optional: Super Spinner
Last Child - 8 Shots to complete: Super Orbits
Walk This Way – doesn’t require all shots- 8 Shots to complete – optional: Super Ramps
Dude Look Like a Lady - 10 Shots to complete: Super Lanes
Same Old Song and Dance - 10 Shots to complete: Super Targets
Back in the Saddle – doesn’t require all shots - 8 Shots to complete – optional: Super Pops
Sweet Emotion – 12 Shots to complete: Super Scoring (timed scoring round)
Not really clear on what coins do. I think they’re not really utilized at the moment.

Thanks! I'll have to look up number of shots for the multiball Toys in the Attic and Love in an Elevator. I get one coin count for every shot (shown on the right side of the screen), and they drop back to zero when the song is completed ... so if they are different I would wonder why they seem to match and disappear. Sweet emotion definitely doesn't carry over to a new ball.

#1106 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Way overpriced for what it is now. When it first came out the reveal said that code would be developed to make it more interactive. I hope this is not all that it will be, but I like how it interacts with the music and is not "sound activated". The sound activated toppers get set off when neighboring pins make noise. This one follows each song with different patterns for each song. By no means am I promoting to get one because of the price, but we like it, and hopefully more "hard wired" interactivity will be developed for it.

#1107 1 year ago

Does anyone else notice that both side drains have no sound effect?

#1108 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

Does anyone else notice that both side drains have no sound effect?

Yep. Waiting for summer code release to fix it.

#1109 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

The topper is not worth 400 dollars but then again, neither is any of the other ones imo including even TWD topper. It is a very good looking topper though and it looks nice on the game. If you have the extra money and want to make your game a little cooler then i say go for it. Just don’t expect it to be worth the cash that you will have to shell out for it because its not.

#1110 1 year ago
Quoted from merccat:

There was one with it at TPF. It looked nice and the Mrs liked it... I suspect had I mentioned the price she would of not had a favorable opinion of it.

Funny you mention that. Mine came with the topper, and I was planning to sell it. My wife, who is as about interested in pinball as I am in fabric stores, said “No, don’t sell that, it looks great!” I would probably sell my GOTLE topper before I’d sell the AS topper. The GOT topper dragon is dormant most of the time, but the AS topper is constantly in motion.

#1111 1 year ago

If you have the topper, you *must* get the Flipper Fidelity LED backbox light. It has color changing on the sides of the backbox that ties in perfectly with the look of the topper.

#1112 1 year ago

Ok, that is RAD! For now I'm going to put my money towards the Stern Dirty Donny game blades and a shaker motor

#1113 1 year ago

‘Yep. Waiting for summer code release to fix it.’

What happend to the March release? somebody claimed we were getting a drop this month

#1114 1 year ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

‘Yep. Waiting for summer code release to fix it.’
What happend to the March release? somebody claimed we were getting a drop this month

Got delayed. Other priorities. Lack of staffing.

#1115 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Have to agree the topper is overpriced. Having said that it’s pretty cool with the colour changing LEDS that pulse in time with the music and change colour with the songs. It’s also great looking topper that fits in perfectly with the game. Kind of understated and not too over the top.
But at $500, it’s pretty hard to justify on any metric.

My topper turns off when I start a game and turns back on when the game is finished. Is there a setting for the topper?

#1116 1 year ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

If you have the topper, you *must* get the Flipper Fidelity LED backbox light. It has color changing on the sides of the backbox that ties in perfectly with the look of the topper.
» YouTube video

Nope. I don’t like anything that changes art by colorbombing it. Minority opinion of course.
(And yes, I’m aware that the topper does just that, but it’s designed for it)

#1117 1 year ago

Completely forgot about a shaker.

Any issues with hooking a Red Tremor on this?

Is a shaker appropriately coded on this title?

#1118 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Very little interaction with the shaker. Spend the money on mirror blades or something.

#1119 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Very little interaction with the shaker. Spend the money on mirror blades or something.

It would be nice to get a short shaker kick when you hit the Toybox, or when the ball was launched into it. And when hitting a lit combo. I love the shaker kick on MET when I hit the captive ball.

#1120 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Nope. I don’t like anything that changes art by colorbombing it. Minority opinion of course.
(And yes, I’m aware that the topper does just that, but it’s designed for it)

Agree. That beautiful backbox art just needs to sit there and be beautiful. No Fruity Pebble farts needed.

#1121 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Red Tremors are too much like a jackhammer and not pleasant, IMO. The shaker motor pinball life sells is the sweet spot from the ones I've installed.

#1122 1 year ago

I bought the Laseriffic AS topper at Allentown last year. I think Coin Taker sells them too, but I usually get my toppers at shows. The LEDs have a remote switch so you can select what colors you want. I have mine set to randomize. The photo is not very good, but the topper looks really good in person and it’s a nice compliment to the game.

57C57C14-0E31-4F39-A0BD-0F8A40CA6895 (resized).jpeg

#1123 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Red Tremors are too much like a jackhammer and not pleasant, IMO. The shaker motor pinball life sells is the sweet spot from the ones I've installed.

I know, Thanks!

I just have several in box that ran me like $30 each to use some where......maybe BBH?
( The ones I have are not as "rough", they are imported samples from same factory when I considered
carrying them)

#1124 1 year ago

Where can I find the toy box kickout protector at. 300 game in and kick out is starting to round out.

#1125 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Where can I find the toy box kickout protector at. 300 game in and kick out is starting to round out.

Email crinear@comcast.net and tell him you want the Aerosmith ball launch kickout protector.

#1126 1 year ago

Cliffy makes protectors for Aerosmith, just email him

#1127 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I actually think the super pops interaction with the shaker is one of the best uses of a shaker. I admit the shaker could be used in more places in the game play tho.

#1128 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Email crinear@comcast.net and tell him you want the Aerosmith ball launch kickout protector.

Ok Thanks it may be first of week before I contact them, I have a order that arrives tomorrow, art blades, shaker motor, LED's and about eight other items $$ for AS. I'll get a topper soon as possible. Thanks again

#1129 12 months ago

So apparently double scoring is available on the pro .... but only as a mystery award ... that considering I only just saw it after hundreds of plays appears to be extremely rare

#1130 12 months ago

I may be wrong, but I think the Mystery award is always “Add More Time” if you’re in a mode, and “Add a Ball” if you’re in multiball. That’s doesn’t leave many opportunities for true “Mystery” awards. Probably the best way to work Mystery is to hit it when starting a mode.

#1131 12 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I may be wrong, but I think the Mystery award is always “Add More Time” if you’re in a mode, and “Add a Ball” if you’re in multiball. That’s doesn’t leave many opportunities for true “Mystery” awards. Probably the best way to work Mystery is to hit it when starting a mode.

That’s exactly when I hit it. Sounds like a good strategy.

#1132 12 months ago

What has everyone found to be the most lucrative song stacked with tita mb?

I usually go with rats. I scored 179m with it yesterday on a pro.

What scores/ songs are you guys getting?

#1133 12 months ago

Just played "Back in the Saddle" and don't believe I made 1 shot and yet the song was "lit". This idea that you can fully light a rule when you play shitty is a lousy idea. Hoping for an update that cleans some of this up. The most obvious way to make songs easier is to require less shot (say 4?). Right now, the number of shots range from 8 to 12, yet many of the songs "gift" you the mode when you only make a small # of shots. Makes no sense.

The other thing that irks me is how some songs can be continued and some songs reset to no shots made. Weird.

snaroff

#1134 12 months ago

The variety of the modes is good, IMHO. For some modes CIU helps, and for others it makes things harder. Some modes are easy to finish, some are harder. Some songs continue, others you get 1 shot. My strategy for finishing Sweet Emotion is to take it into a multiball. The rest are doable with some skill.

I'll try to make a table for all of the modes and post them later tonight.

#1135 12 months ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I usually go with rats. I scored 179m with it yesterday on a pro.
What scores/ songs are you guys getting?

My goal for big points is to bring in Walk This Way (full completion) with one or both ramps lit for 2x scoring. If you can put 3 balls in the toybox, that's 6x scoring, and remember you get another 2x for ramp combos. So 12x is possible.

#1136 12 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My goal for big points is to bring in Walk This Way (full completion) with one or both ramps lit for 2x scoring

this is what I do too.

#1137 12 months ago

Did everyone play their Aerosmith yesterday in honor of Steven Tylers 70th birthday?

#1138 12 months ago
Quoted from pinden007:

either DUDE or EMOTION should be ran with TITA, I go with dude in a tourney and Emotion if playing for Grand Champ score. Both the modes mentioned MUST be completed for the end game wizard mode.

#1139 12 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The variety of the modes is good, IMHO. For some modes CIU helps, and for others it makes things harder.

You have to keep in mind that the better you do on a mode, the higher the bonus is at the completion of the mode. I've seen WtW ramp awards of over 30M per shot (with lit X and active 2x playfield multiplier) after completing the mode when it was active.

#1140 12 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

either DUDE or EMOTION should be ran with TITA, I go with dude in a tourney and Emotion if playing for Grand Champ score. Both the modes mentioned MUST be completed for the end game wizard mode.

What score can you get for just that song during tita?

I can complete RATS early during the countdown where I have 20+ seconds left everything is lit red. I've seen 3m per shot register during that time. So I got 179m for RATS plus 70m for tita. This game was the first time I broke 500m.

Can you get higher scores with DUDE or EMOTION?

Thanks.

#1141 12 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My goal for big points is to bring in Walk This Way (full completion) with one or both ramps lit for 2x scoring. If you can put 3 balls in the toybox, that's 6x scoring, and remember you get another 2x for ramp combos. So 12x is possible.

So you start WTW and then start TITA or you already have WTW complete with super ramps and than start TITA?

Thanks. Trying to learn how to increase my scores. My best scores are 400-500m which seem pretty weak.

#1142 12 months ago
Quoted from pinden007:

This is tough to answer and there are no high mode scored recorded for modes and there are several variables that can effect these scores. You also have to keep in mind that once you achieved bonus lanes (Dude) or bonus spinner (rats), these are active for the entire game (or until max rewards are reached), not just the current ball. All I can do is provide my own experiences on this, and these are even variable on if you are playing a pro vs. premium machine

#1143 12 months ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I can complete RATS early during the countdown where I have 20+ seconds left everything is lit red. I've seen 3m per shot register during that time. So I got 179m for RATS plus 70m for tita. This game was the first time I broke 500m.
Can you get higher scores with DUDE or EMOTION?
Thanks.

Wow, I need to give Rats more love. It’s my least favorite song on the game. Might sub in Pearl Jam’s “Rats”, lol.

#1144 12 months ago

I've had my game 3 weeks now, 425 games in , when I was cleaning and wax playfield today the upper post between pops was super loose and ready to fall out. Just saying. As far as scoring I'm the one who needs to work on my game 140mI'll.

#1145 12 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I've had my game 3 weeks now, 425 games in , when I was cleaning and wax playfield today the upper post between pops was super loose and ready to fall out. Just saying. As far as scoring I'm the one who needs to work on my game 140mI'll.

Happens on KISS there, too. Some Loctite on the thread of that screw and you're golden. Won't happen again.

#1146 12 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Some Loctite on the thread of that screw. Won't happen again.

Thanks for the info, I have red and blue, owne a couple Harleys. I've seen the ball spinning wildly at time and it may have been the cause. Wishing for some good code to come out. Been checking every day. One day I'll be surprised.

#1147 12 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Thanks for the info, I have red and blue, owne a couple Harleys. I've seen the ball spinning wildly at time and it may have been the cause. Wishing for some good code to come out. Been checking every day. One day I'll be surprised.

One day later this year. It's not coming anytime soon, according to Stern. Given that Aerosmith is just a hack from KISS rules, I doubt there will be much in the way of more changes and additions to Aerosmith rules, just fixes, and some minor improvements, most-likely.

#1148 12 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

One day later this year. It's not coming anytime soon, according to Stern. Given that Aerosmith is just a hack from KISS rules, I doubt there will be much in the way of more changes and additions to Aerosmith rules, just fixes, and some minor improvements, most-likely.

I hopeful it will have like high score for each song, more use of shaker motor. Call out for drain. at times it think my left flipper goes limp. I guess I got spoiled with TWD code. I'm ready to buy another pin but want to see Aerosmith developed.

#1149 12 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

But then again Stern did just announce a Pro with 4 flippers and Drops! How the hell did they sneak that one by the BOM police? Anything is possible now lol.

#1150 12 months ago
Quoted from merccat:

But then again Stern did just announce a Pro with 4 flippers and Drops! How the hell did they sneak that one by the BOM police? Anything is possible now lol.

No design time or R&D + much more competition suddenly. They basically just filtched almost the exact Archer pin design and just rethemed it. Nice to see a completely new playfield design out of Stern, even if they had to buy it by hiring a well-regarded outsider.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Wrentham, MA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marshville, NC
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
$ 12.75
There are 2424 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 49.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside