Topic Stats

• 2,424 posts
  • 251 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by mbwalker
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 377 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190318_201608.png
20190318_201234.png
2F2E97C9-5FF3-4720-9AFA-7494ADE5B846 (resized).jpeg
880AC633-8F2F-4B43-A488-58CBDFB5D4C6 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0038 (resized).jpg
75B38345-3E2B-436A-81A1-83114B3F8D9B (resized).jpeg
20190125_174947 (resized).jpg
20190125_174959 (resized).jpg
Hole Centered (resized).jpg
Back (resized).jpg
Front (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190113_151009 (resized).jpg
20190113_150957 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2424 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 49.
#1051 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

my vote would be pro. Better value and smoother.

My buddy has an LE & I have a Pro. We've had them both for a year now & I find the upper playfield is a huge waste of space. More importantly, the most annoying part is the ramp coming off the upper playfield was designed way too steep & drains 9 out of 10 times down the middle, unless you shake the shit out of it. The right ramp on the Pro is a smooth as silk. So glad I bought the Pro!

#1052 1 year ago

There could be some sort of variations in machines or setup, but at most I only get about 25% of ramp returns going SDTM. Let's face it, a ramp return is a missed shot - I hate when that happens, but get that on Pro ramps also at locations we play, but admittedly it is a little less often. Mine is setup to be within 0.05 degrees from level from side to side and at 6.5 degrees for play field angle. I rarely get ramp rejects (that clunk around at the top of the ramp and return). Most of my ramp returns would be from missed shots on the upper play field. Hitting the posts on either side of the ramp usually just sends the ball back down on the right side of the play field to hit something else. The flipper strength on mine shoots the ball all the way up the ramp and around pretty consistently. The shot isn't nearly as tight as the Houdini right side shots.

I'm one of the people that dislikes GB because of the cheap drains from missing a few different shots on the play field, so I would speak out if it was just as bad. It's definitely not nearly that bad. Not trying to start an argument, just want to make a counter-point and comparisons in my opinion for the ones asking the Pro vs. Prem question. Play them both about 10 times and compare for yourself before you buy.

#1053 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I'm one of the people that dislikes GB because of the cheap drains

... now that you mention GB. Can the flippers be any wider apart? Trudeau must've had his mind elsewhere when he made that flaw. I'd love GB if it weren't for this huge blunder, & putting an add-on apron post in the middle (as some have done) is, IMHO f'en ridiculous.

#1054 1 year ago
Quoted from MacLean:

... now that you mention GB. Can the flippers be any wider apart? Trudeau must've had his mind elsewhere when he made that flaw. I'd love GB if it weren't for this huge blunder, & putting an add-on apron post in the middle (as some have done) is, IMHO f'en ridiculous.

Purdy sure I read somewhere here the intended JT gap was accidentally applied twice to the cad file at some point resulting in a 2x JT gap.

Seems like someone measured the GB gap compared to other JT gap & confirmed the rumor.

Or it was all a shitshow of speculation?

#1055 1 year ago

That seems plausible. I know that Congo’s flipper gap is nowhere near as big as GB.

#1056 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

Purdy sure I read somewhere here the intended JT gap was accidentally applied twice to the cad file at some point resulting in a 2x JT gap.
Seems like someone measured the GB gap compared to other JT gap & confirmed the rumor.
Or it was all a shitshow of speculation?

Now that makes sense. I knew it had to be a mistake. I won't bash JT, he's got other problems to worry about.

#1057 1 year ago
Quoted from MacLean:

I'd love GB if it weren't for this huge blunder, & putting an add-on apron post in the middle (as some have done) is, IMHO f'en ridiculous.

Why would it be ridiculous to fix a known mistake by either adding a post or getting longer flippers?

#1058 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

This has been commented on a few times for the past couple of pages in this thread. Start reading from back a couple of pages.
If you are asking this question....

Nah, wasn't really asking a question, more self pondering than anything else. I did read the previous posts that you mentioned. A rather big jump on price from Pro to Prem tho. But almost w/o exception, I regret more what I didn't do and should have, than anything else (like more space in the basement!). But I'm a cheapskate at heart, darn it. Played a Pro a fair amount of times, but looking at the premium, it sure looks like there's some really interesting perks going to the Prem (as you pointed out). Maybe I'll get to play a premium at one of the shows we are going to attend and go from there. I'd probably at least play a Prem before I bought either of them.

A NIB would likely be a longer term purchase. Sort of like a new car...no one else has tinkered with it. If the pinball market takes a dive, not a concern. It's only a hobby that both my spouse and I enjoy.

Thanks for your comments on the Prem, King!

#1059 1 year ago

I’m kind of a cheapskate too, but my eyes are always open for a deal. I bought a low-play GOTLE at a nice discount a few years back ($7200 with the topper), and I don’t regret it. Then I bought my nearly-new AS Pro from the same guy, same great discount. For me the big question when I buy any game is “How big of a hit will I take if I sell this?” If I can keep it under $500, I’m happy. I don’t buy and sell a lot.

#1060 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

For me the big question when I buy any game is “How big of a hit will I take if I sell this?” If I can keep it under $500, I’m happy.

That’s a very intelligent way to approach it.

That’s why Pros are so good. You can buy one, play it for ages and sell it and not lose too much cash.

My buddies in SoCal buy Pros in bulk at a good deal, and play them for 6 months and sell them at what they paid for them. Lots of buyers around the $5000 mark.

Here in NZ, if you buy a pin over $10k (premiums are 12500 and LEs are $15k .. JJPs are $15k..) when you sell it you lose thousands.

rd

#1061 1 year ago

AS is just a great game full stop.

If you can afford the Premium upgrades, go for it. Sure it costs more than the Pro, but so does every Premium. The upgrades on AS Pre are as good as any Premium and better than most. Probably only AC/DC gives you more bang for your Premium buck. But even ACDC Pre doesn’t give you a big gameplay feature like playfield multipliers.

And in true Borg style, the pro is also great. So if you can’t justify the extra $, you’re still getting a game that would justify itself in any lineup.

#1062 1 year ago

Just ordered an Aerosmith Pro yesterday need lto find out what mods to get, cliffys and plastic pro .
Let me know what you got what works and what looks cool .
Thanks

#1063 1 year ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Just ordered an Aerosmith Pro yesterday need lto find out what mods to get, cliffys and plastic pro .
Thanks

For me the most critical cliffy is the toybox launcher, that little diamond shaped hole gets worn pretty quickly otherwise. Ramp drops and shooter lane are also good to protect.

#1064 1 year ago

Thank you....
Any one else have ideas or mods ?

#1065 1 year ago

Any link to some new rule cards to get rid of the yellow stern ones?

#1066 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

Any link to some new rule cards to get rid of the yellow stern ones?

#1069 1 year ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Thank you....
Any one else have ideas or mods ?

The Dirty Donny art blades look really nice.

I also have the colored edge plastic protectors on the slings and return lanes.

0634A0A1-48FA-4BE8-9AF3-6D54761287DE (resized).jpeg

#1070 1 year ago

The art blades look good and so do mirror blades. Flipper Fidelity speakers, kicker & shooter lane cliffy. That’s about all you need in this. Doesn’t need any aesthetic mods - so much going on already.

#1071 1 year ago

Thanks guys

#1072 1 year ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Thanks

Congrats Golfingdad! you will like the AS Pro alot, its a fun game. I just got the AS topper from Stern, its pricey but it looks really good.

#1073 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Congrats Golfingdad! you will like the AS Pro alot, its a fun game. I just got the AS topper from Stern, its pricey but it looks really good.

This one hurts guys ...
I'm out before I ever got in .
Uncle Sam decided to take rather than give this year to the tune of $4500
F me
I always get a very nice return .
Damn !

#1074 1 year ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

This one hurts guys ...
F me
Damn !

On the brightside your taxes will be complete by April 15th

The same cannot be said for Aerosmith

#1075 1 year ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Uncle Sam had nothing to do with it. That's your new perpetual corporate contribution.

#1076 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

On the brightside your taxes will be complete by April 15th
The same cannot be said for Aerosmith

Conversely, I'm positive Aerosmith will be complete by April 15th.

#1077 1 year ago

Maybe I can just be a social member of the neighborhood until I figure it out ?

#1078 1 year ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

This one hurts guys ...
F me
Damn !

Ahhh man that sucks dude, sorry to hear that. You can still hang out in here until you do get one! That really is a kick in the balls though.

#1079 1 year ago

I like to keep my score and price cards the original Stern yellow just to drive the OCD collectors nuts.

#1080 1 year ago

I'm so excited I just got my Aerosmith pro tonight from my buddy. He bought it new and it's absolutely flawless. Only 146 plays on it.

#1081 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I'm so excited I just got my Aerosmith pro tonight from my buddy. He bought it new and it's absolutely flawless. Only 146 plays on it.

Congrats and welcome to the club! Where ya gonna put it though? I know... totally secondary.

#1082 1 year ago
Quoted from merccat:

Where ya gonna put it though?

Lets just say, there are no more EM's in the game room

#1083 1 year ago

So what are these going for NIB these days, $5200?

#1084 1 year ago
Quoted from taylor34:

So what are these going for NIB these days, $5200?

Believe so. Some huo ones pop up though. Grab one of those of semi local.

#1085 1 year ago

I grabbed mine with side rails and a topper for $5100, but I had to drive about 800 miles round trip. It had less than 100 plays, so I’m happy. Even happier now that I know I can backhand the right ramp with the ball trapped up on the flipper!

#1086 1 year ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Believe so. Some huo ones pop up though. Grab one of those of semi local.

I live in KC, where nobody buys Stern games. Almost impossible to find anything newer here to buy at the pro level, there are occasionally some high priced LE's for sale.

EDIT: I checked, there are two Aerosmith pro's in Kansas owned by collectors. Yes, two. That's it. Zero in KC that aren't on location. So buying used is almost impossible.

#1087 1 year ago

If I was in Kansas I’d grab that Junk Yard that’s currently listed. Very fun game.
Edit: sorry, it’s in Oklahoma, not quite Kansas.

#1088 1 year ago
Quoted from taylor34:

EDIT: I checked, there are two Aerosmith pro's in Kansas owned by collectors. Yes, two.

Come to NZ. There is one.

There is another Pro owned by an operator, and one Premium that is privately owned. That’s all I know of.

rd

#1089 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I like to keep my score and price cards the original Stern yellow just to drive the OCD collectors nuts.

I do the exact same thing. Some of my collect your buddies think it’s ridiculous that I still use the yellow cards

#1090 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

The Dirty Donny art blades look really nice.
I also have the colored edge plastic protectors on the slings and return lanes.

Rascal,

The art blades do look excellent. Great addition.

MB.

#1091 1 year ago

Just installed the Stern topper and gee whiz can they save any more money? The RJ45 cable is too short to feed through the wire guides. Another inch or two please. The manual doesn't even show it that tight when they installed theirs.

#1092 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

Just installed the Stern topper and gee whiz can they save any more money? The RJ45 cable is too short to feed through the wire guides. Another inch or two please. The manual doesn't even show it that tight when they installed theirs.

Yes, Mine was that way too. I'm even missing a bolt on the front that I have been begging for with no response.

#1093 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Yes, Mine was that way too. I'm even missing a bolt on the front that I have been begging for with no response.

I never got a reply for my spike repair kit either

This is Stern's new culture it appears.

Reminds me of my ex.

She was such a bitch.

Her best friend was hot tho

#1094 1 year ago

Rules question: I just played a song/mode that had 8 petals. I only made 5 of 8 shots, yet the mode was lit/complete. Seems odd to "gift" you completion for such a mediocre performance on my part

What's up? Seems like the completion algorithm is song specific?

Thanks for any observations!

snaroff

#1095 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Rules question: I just played a song/mode that had 8 petals. I only made 5 of 8 shots, yet the mode was lit/complete. Seems odd to "gift" you completion for such a mediocre performance on my part
What's up? Seems like the completion algorithm is song specific?
Thanks for any observations!

snaroff

It is song specific. You only need to make 1 shot for some, 3-5 for others, and all for some. It’s basically easy, medium, and hard songs. For all of them though the super scoring values go up for mor completed shots before time runs out.

#1096 1 year ago
Quoted from Blu:

It is song specific. You only need to make 1 shot for some, 3-5 for others, and all for some. It’s basically easy, medium, and hard songs. For all of them though the super scoring values go up for mor completed shots before time runs out.

Is there a list for how many coins (completed shots) are required for each song someplace?

Walk this way auto completes after 1 shot if times out, plus one shot after that for super ramps, but how many coins possible before auto complete?
Rats in the Cellar auto completes after 1 shot if times out, plus one shot after that for super spinners, but how many coins possible before auto complete?
Dude looks like a Lady does not auto complete, requires X shots to complete?
Etc ... ???

A list like this would be helpful for us mediocre players. Does it exist already?

#1097 1 year ago
Quoted from Blu:

Thanks. When the minimum # of shots to complete is met, the insert should at least light and stop blinking. Seeing it light randomly when time expires and you haven't completed all the shots is weird.

snaroff

#1098 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Is there a list for how many coins (completed shots) are required for each song someplace?

Coins are different than shots/petals to complete a song. I think 3 songs are able to be completed on 1 shot and then an optional Super Shot. The rest you need to complete all shots. But the number of shots needed to complete differs for these songs (8, 10 and 12). Only Sweet Emotion doesn’t allow you to continue so you need to do it all at once.

Tilt forums has a Rulesheets here: http://tiltforums.com/search?context=topic&context_id=2499&q=Coins%20&skip_context=true

Rats in the Cellar - doesn’t require all shots – 8 Shots to complete – optional: Super Spinner
Last Child - 8 Shots to complete: Super Orbits
Walk This Way – doesn’t require all shots- 8 Shots to complete – optional: Super Ramps
Dude Look Like a Lady - 10 Shots to complete: Super Lanes
Same Old Song and Dance - 10 Shots to complete: Super Targets
Back in the Saddle – doesn’t require all shots - 8 Shots to complete – optional: Super Pops
Sweet Emotion – 12 Shots to complete: Super Scoring (timed scoring round)

Not really clear on what coins do. I think they’re not really utilized at the moment.

#1099 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

I never got a reply for my spike repair kit either

This is Stern's new culture it appears.

Same thing happened to me, I actually contacted Stern twice about them and never received them; I ended up calling my distributor and they arrived a couple days later.

#1100 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Only Sweet Emotion doesn’t allow you to continue so you need to do it all on one ball.

Could be wrong but I think Sweet Emotion won’t even continue on the same ball. Once time is out always have to start over.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Wrentham, MA
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Port Charlotte, FL
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Niceville, FL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 2424 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 49.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside