Topic Stats

• 2,362 posts
  • 240 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 minutes ago by Meegis
  • Topic is favorited by 107 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 371 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0038 (resized).jpg
75B38345-3E2B-436A-81A1-83114B3F8D9B (resized).jpeg
20190125_174947 (resized).jpg
20190125_174959 (resized).jpg
Hole Centered (resized).jpg
Back (resized).jpg
Front (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190113_151009 (resized).jpg
20190113_150957 (resized).jpg
BA37662E-70F1-4432-B23D-3BAFAA15294D (resized).jpeg
51E32EF2-3E32-4A22-9050-1C7BBEB62E93 (resized).jpeg
0E2DDB7D-02F3-4F85-ADFA-2BB5B0E10BBA (resized).jpeg
B0C55C5E-F717-4796-86AF-14156F59A142 (resized).jpeg
20180502_202718 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2362 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 48.
#1001 11 months ago

^^^^

Post #1000. Do I get a prize?

rd

#1002 11 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

3rd or 4th adjustment in “SPL” adjustments is “max extra balls” or similar.
Factory setting is probably 5 or something. Set that to 0 and it will award you points instead of an EB. Can’t recall what the points are on AS but they can be quite lucrative on Stern pins. Sometimes the points are not displayed on the screen (it still says EXTRAAAA BALLLL) - but they are added.
rd

I’ll give it a try. Pretty sure I already tried that but I’ll confirm. Thanks.

#1003 11 months ago

My friend pinnyheadhead and I both own AS, and we were talking about the way those 2 big posts guarding either side the right ramp make it a really tight shot. They really should be closer to the metal and just a bit farther apart. I wish they had used the blue nubs of death here. Who wants to be the first to try this mod?

#1004 11 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My friend pinnyheadhead and I both own AS, and we were talking about the way those 2 big posts guarding either side the right ramp make it a really tight shot. They really should be closer to the metal and just a bit farther apart. I wish they had used the blue nubs of death here. Who wants to be the first to try this mod?

The ramp is pretty narrow as it is ... all of Borgs latest games have really narrow ramps. Pretty challenging to hit at times .... I always found the KISS right ramp really tight.

rd

#1005 11 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I always found the KISS right ramp really tight.
rd

Which is just the way Gene and Paul wanted it.

#1006 11 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Which is just the way Gene and Paul wanted it.

I’m talking about the ramp, not their wallets.

Did you hear when Vinnie Vincent joined KISS in 82, they paid him $500 a week?

He was playing in front of 200,000 people in Brazil. For a couple of hundred bucks ...

rd

#1007 11 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’m talking about the ramp, not their wallets.
Did you hear when Vinnie Vincent joined KISS in 82, they paid him $500 a week?
He was playing in front of 200,000 people in Brazil. For a couple of hundred bucks ...
rd

I was talking about their groupies, not their wallets.

#1008 11 months ago

Surprised to see a complaint about the right ramp, given months ago we discussed this ramp can be backhanded nearly 90% successful from RT flipper. Kiss ramp, not so much.

#1009 11 months ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Surprised to see a complaint about the right ramp, given months ago we discussed this ramp can be backhanded nearly 90% successful from RT flipper. Kiss ramp, not so much.

On the pro? No way I can do it on my PreLe.

#1010 11 months ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Maybe my game is setup wrong. I can’t backhand the right ramp. Maybe I haven’t tried hard enough.

#1011 11 months ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Maybe my game is setup wrong. I can’t backhand the right ramp. Maybe I haven’t tried hard enough.

Me either, trying to recall but I think if I can get it in the ramp the backhand doesn’t have enough umph to get all the way around.

Still using the stock rubbers and angle is a hair on the steeper side.

#1012 11 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

On the pro? No way I can do it on my PreLe.

I own a Premium and it can be done. Not 100%, and probably not 90%, maybe closer to 75% of the time. Once you have the ball trapped, its a quick release and flip with a nudge forward on the game. It's very satisfying when accomplishing this.

Quoted from Rascal_H:

In the words of "No Fear Pinball", try harder It can be done.

Quoted from merccat:

Me either, trying to recall but I think if I can get it in the ramp the backhand doesn’t have enough umph to get all the way around.
Still using the stock rubbers and angle is a hair on the steeper side.

My game has stock rubbers as well and is probably stepper than yours as I like my games fast. It is a very challenging shot. It's also a risky shot because if you miss, it's probably draining SDTM or left outlane.

#1013 11 months ago

I have back handed the right ramp while the ball is in play but im pretty sure that i cant back hand it while i have the ball cradled.

#1014 11 months ago

I’m probably going to obsess over attempting this for hours when I get home.

#1015 11 months ago

I got to put some time in on this game for the first time last weekend. What a great game! I need to have this one. If someone want to trade their Aerosmith premium for AMH (or possibly even TNA) in about 6 months, let me know.

#1016 11 months ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

My playfield needs to be freshly waxed to get enough oomph on the shot. Not a great feeling when it doesn’t make it all the way up because if it's coming back down, it’s usually trouble. Pitch is at about 7.0.

#1017 11 months ago

Cool, first try lol

#1018 11 months ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Cool, first try lol
» YouTube video

Hard to imagine that would make it all the way around on a Premium at 7deg. Gonna try it out again tonight. Would be awesome if it works - I find it a weird angle off the left Flipper.

#1019 11 months ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Cool, first try lol
» YouTube video

This changes everything for me! I can’t wait to get home and try it myself.

#1020 11 months ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Cool, first try lol
» YouTube video

Good work. It’s pretty easy from a trapped ball. My machine is 7.3 (give or take) and it makes it fine.

rd

#1021 11 months ago

I tried and cannot in anyway backhand the right ramp on my Pro. The ball doesnt have near enough power to make it up the ramp.

#1022 11 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I tried and cannot in anyway backhand the right ramp on my Pro. The ball doesnt have near enough power to make it up the ramp.

When you hit the shot, try giving the machine a nudge forward to help the ball make it up the ramp.

#1023 11 months ago

We continue to add resources to our software department to address updates, enhancements, bug fixes and various polish to our catalog of previous titles including Ghostbusters, Aerosmith and KISS. We expect for these code updates to start releasing by mid-Summer.

#1024 11 months ago

This is what I received from Stern today. I don’t have the time to get this installed today but will be tomorrow afternoon. I’ll keep the thread up to date on how it goes down.

3EDF6433-DB14-47D2-B242-D214F7CA46D9 (resized).jpeg

#1025 11 months ago
Quoted from djreddog:

When you hit the shot, try giving the machine a nudge forward to help the ball make it up the ramp.

Tried a number of times backhanding the right ramp on my LE, including nudging whilst doing it, and no chance. 3/4 up (and then drain) was the best I could do. This was from a trapped ball.

#1026 11 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Tried a number of times backhanding the right ramp on my LE, including nudging whilst doing it, and no chance. 3/4 up (and then drain) was the best I could do. This was from a trapped ball.

Might be like KISS (it's a similar setup). Some machines are backhandable on KISS, some aren't. Dunno why. I had a KISS Prem and a KISS LE side by side with the same setup (angle) and you could backhand the Prem all day long, but the LE almost never made it. Weird.

#1027 11 months ago

Installed the new plunger stop for toybox lid coil today, haven't had a single issue with the toybox opening for multiball since. Usually 50% of the time I was having failure to open for multiball and this seems to have fixed the problem. If you are having the same issue call Stern, talk to Chas, let them know you need the same part. Below are some pics of the breakdown, part comparison (HUGE DIFFERENCE IN QUALITY IMHO). Thanks for following the thread. Any questions, shoot me a PM.

User Manual 5.36 Toy Box Up Kicker Assembly

I'll let the thread know if I have anymore issues. Cheers : )

IMG_6469 (resized).jpg

IMG_6468 (resized).jpg

IMG_6467 (resized).jpg

IMG_6466 (resized).jpg

IMG_6465 (resized).jpg

IMG_6464 (resized).jpg

IMG_6463 (resized).jpg

#1028 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinballology:

Installed the new plunger stop for toybox lid coil today, haven't had a single issue with the toybox opening for multiball since. Usually 50% of the time I was having failure to open for multiball and this seems to have fixed the problem. If you are having the same issue call Stern, talk to Chas, let them know you need the same part. Below are some pics of the breakdown, part comparison (HUGE DIFFERENCE IN QUALITY IMHO). Thanks for following the thread. Any questions, shoot me a PM.
User Manual 5.36 Toy Box Up Kicker Assembly
I'll let the thread know if I have anymore issues. Cheers : )

That is awesome CC Rider, glad you got it fixed finally. Now play the hell out of it and enjoy your new game!!

#1029 11 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That is awesome CC Rider, glad you got it fixed finally. Now play the hell out of it and enjoy your new game!!

Thanks! I’ve gotta spend a day getting my wife’s name off the Grand Champion!!!!

#1030 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinballology:

Thanks! I’ve gotta spend a day getting my wife’s name off the Grand Champion!!!!

Yeah you cannot allow that to happen at all. If you have to , just pull the glass off when shes not looking and get your initials in that Grand Champion spot!

#1031 11 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah you cannot allow that to happen at all. If you have to , just pull the glass off when shes not looking and get your initials in that Grand Champion spot!

Hahahaha. That's pretty good. ; )

#1032 11 months ago

ISSUE NOT FIXED (haha)

Stern sent me a replacement Shaft Head (part no. 530-5511-01) and I replaced the piece a little over 24 hours ago. Game worked fine for a good dozen or so rounds.

I'm sure Chas loved the four emails I sent in a row....one new video, one of the pictures i did of the install yeterday (see above), one of a washer (which I found out the answer too, yes is is suppose to be bent), and another letting them know that the compression spring which is shown in the diagram was not in the mech at all.

This is the part that was left out of my machine. Compression spring-conical (part no. 266-5020-00)

I'm hoping that it's the spring that is the issue. It's so crazy that it worked fine for a dozen games yesterday and it stopped working today.

New Video:

#1033 11 months ago

Who else thinks Premium>Pro? Pro is pretty addictive. Is Premium worth the extra scratch? How does it change the gameplay?

#1034 11 months ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Who else thinks Premium>Pro? Pro is pretty addictive. Is Premium worth the extra scratch? How does it change the gameplay?

For Aerosmith, the Premium is definitely the way to go. It changes the gameplay because you can get a stackable multiplier with the upper playfield that is ONLY available on the Premium.

#1035 11 months ago

I haven't played a Premium but the upper playfield looks pretty fun, unlike most upper playfields. I don't know if its worth the extra money or not but the Premium is damn nice and very good looking also. With that being said though i still love my Pro and im very satisfied with it also. Id say if a person has the extra $$, get the Premium and if money is tight, get the pro and don't look back. Both games are awesome.

#1036 11 months ago

Might want to wait until another code update before deciding

Stern says summer

Says

#1037 11 months ago

Just joined the club on the premium and very happy with it. Since I'm late to the game what's the must have mods? I have the stern topper on order and will get the flipper fidelity speaker kit for it.

#1038 11 months ago
Quoted from PW79:

Might want to wait until another code update before deciding
Stern says summer
Says

Correction, they say the unloved code group updates MIGHT START in Mid-summer ("we expect" is not "will"), which is August. They called out KISS, Ghostbusters, and Aerosmith, plus other unnamed games, so there's no guarantee at all Aerosmith will be this Summer.

But Trudeau's trial will be over in Summer (unless it's delayed again), so he'll either be free or in prison for a LONG time and someone else officially handling his Ghostbusters code finish.

#1039 11 months ago

AS Pro is good for me. I’m not paying $1000+ for a playfield doubler, which seems to be the main selling point.

#1040 11 months ago
Quoted from JimB:

Just joined the club on the premium and very happy with it. Since I'm late to the game what's the must have mods? I have the stern topper on order and will get the flipper fidelity speaker kit for it.

I wouldn't play a single game until I had the Pro Hearts Mod for Love In An Elevator : )

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4564

#1041 11 months ago
Quoted from JimB:

If you are interested in a speaker light kit for Aerosmith....now might be a good time to decide.

If you are getting Flipper Fidelity speakers directly from their website they have a pull down option for choose if you do or do not plan on using a speaker light kit. What this determines is if they send the speakers with spacer rings on the front of the speakers (if you DO NOT have a speaker light kit) or if they send the speakers without the spacer rings on the front of them (if you DO have a speaker light kit). Having this option can make the speaker light kit install easier and more straight forward. Though the upgraded speakers will still add some steps to installing the speaker light kits.

More info on using aftermarket speakers with the SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits can be found here:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Upgraded-Speakers-Type-11.html

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

IMG_3205 (resized).JPG

#1042 11 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Correction, they say the unloved code group updates MIGHT START in Mid-summer ("we expect" is not "will"), which is August. They called out KISS, Ghostbusters, and Aerosmith, plus other unnamed games, so there's no guarantee at all Aerosmith will be this Summer

Agreed

That’s why I typed “says” twice

#1043 11 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Correction, they say the unloved code group updates MIGHT START in Mid-summer ("we expect" is not "will"), which is August. They called out KISS, Ghostbusters, and Aerosmith, plus other unnamed games, so there's no guarantee at all Aerosmith will be this Summer.
But Trudeau's trial will be over in Summer (unless it's delayed again), so he'll either be free or in prison for a LONG time and someone else officially handling his Ghostbusters code finish.

Trudeau will never work for Stern again even if he is found innocent and you can take that to the bank, and besides he isn’t the one doing the code on GB anyway, Dwight Sullivan is. The pinball community would never accept him being in pinball again and it would be a nightmare for Stern to hire him back and they know it. Pinball has not even been on Trudeau’s mind trust me. He has much bigger things to worry about right now.

#1044 11 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

For Aerosmith, the Premium is definitely the way to go. It changes the gameplay because you can get a stackable multiplier with the upper playfield that is ONLY available on the Premium.

Everyone who owns a Premium/LE will say their machines. Cause they will.

However, the pro is the way to go.

A/ it’s wayyyyyy cheaper

B/ got 90% of the stuff, and the other stuff isn’t required.

The only advantage I can see of the Prem/LE is Elevator MB is easier to start and so is double scoring. Does easier scoring make it worth around $1500-$2000 more?

The market has spoken ... pros haven’t dropped much in price, Prem/LE aren’t moving even at a good discount off new.

Exactly the same as GOT.

And GOTG will be the same.

(If you do want a Premium KPG was trying to sell his as new HUO for 5500 from memory in the California For Sale thread)

rd

#1045 11 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Everyone who owns a Premium/LE will say their machines. Cause they will.
However, the pro is the way to go.
A/ it’s wayyyyyy cheaper
B/ got 90% of the stuff, and the other stuff isn’t required.
The only advantage I can see of the Prem/LE is Elevator MB is easier to start and so is double scoring. Does easier scoring make it worth around $1500-$2000 more?

Prem/LE has scoring multiplier that's not in the Pro. At all. And it stacks.

I don't have either anymore, so no dog in the fight. But the Prem is the better choice.

#1046 11 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Prem/LE has scoring multiplier that's not in the Pro. At all. And it stacks.

So...more points? That means my Pro scores are more valuable, right?

#1047 11 months ago

AS might be our first NIB. Played Pro, had a blast, music rocks. Now which one...Pro or Prem.

#1048 11 months ago

I thought Prem was better, but I did not want to spend almost $2000 extra for one, so I got a Pro. Love it. Most fun I had on a pin really.

Borg makes great Pros - MET TWD Kiss, IM etc. I would put AS in that group of really good games.

But as mentioned you can wait longer for the last update to see if it how much polish it gets before you get AS. Probably a good idea. Patience pays off in pinball, but it is so hard to have in pinball!

#1049 11 months ago

LE does have the extra scoring strategy which is very cool.

But right ramp is too steep and a bit clunky whereas pro is smooth.

LE has very nice backglass and lighting is way better.

But, have to say overall my vote would be pro. Better value and smoother.

#1050 11 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

AS might be our first NIB. Played Pro, had a blast, music rocks. Now which one...Pro or Prem.

This has been commented on a few times for the past couple of pages in this thread. Start reading from back a couple of pages.

If you are asking this question, then you can afford the price jump for the premium, right? Go for it, you wont regret it. I played the Pro at least a hundred times on locations and shows, and the premium was only found to be played maybe 20 times for us at shows. We made the decision to go with a HUO used Prem. There is more there for elevator multi-ball, coming down from the upper play field you can get a toy box lock if you go back down the elevator, or possibly activate the 2x multiplier by completing the loop up there. For home use, there is just more there to play and shoot for, and more strategy. That is a good thing for home use if you hope to keep it long term. That doesn't matter to some people - does it to you? If you just plan to buy one, play it for a while, then sell it, you will take a hit on a prem for what it will sell for. Can you accept that with no regrets? The Pro seems to be taking a smaller hit for used sales. If you're in it for the long haul, go premium ... you will have more fun with it and the "lastability" will probably be better. But ... always try them both before you buy one. Everyone's fun factor values are different.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Sale Pending!
Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
$ 50.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 8,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
15522, PA
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 2362 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 48.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside