20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 82.
#951 6 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Can't see how that's related

The ball trough is one of the ways AS registers how many balls are in the toy box. The other is the optos in the top of the inside of the toy box. Also check connections of the optos. Simple things first. They take 5 mins to check and cost nothing.

#952 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

The ball trough is one of the ways AS registers how many balls are in the toy box. The other is the optos in the top of the inside of the toy box. Also check connections of the optos. Simple things first. They take 5 mins to check and cost nothing.

He scored Toybox multiball, the lid didn't open fully. No balls came out. Won't have anything to do with the trough but sure check optos in the Toybox. Doubt its that, probably physical.

#953 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

If you want to know how to play Aerosmith properly, listen to this 15 year old girl (and INDISC Champion) give you the tip.
rd
https://m.soundcloud.com/user-292033582/aerosmith?in=user-292033582/sets/60-second-tutorials

Nice. She makes it sound so easy.

Those shortcasts are a great idea BTW.

#954 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Nice. She makes it sound so easy.
Those shortcasts are a great idea BTW.

It is a pretty simple strategy. Works sweet too. Where’d you think she got it?

rd

#955 6 years ago

Pretty much the strategy I go with as well. I always start with Walk This Way into Last Child so my orbits are lit. Hopefully I get some locks on elevator going during those. Then I get into modes where I can bang on Jacky and get some toy box locks. Then when I’ve got a bunch on the toy box I’ll try to activate Sweet Emotion before starting Multiball.

#956 6 years ago

It’s March

What you got on my code update Craig?

9C2321D6-A739-443E-B531-1D5FB8721EEB (resized).png9C2321D6-A739-443E-B531-1D5FB8721EEB (resized).png

#957 6 years ago

got an email from Chas, he's going to be sending a replacement plunger cap to help with the issue I have. Hopefully it works. Total bummer though, NIB less than two weeks old.....I'm trying to crush the Grand Champion score! I need my multi-ball ; )

Here's a couple videos on youtube I made earlier today. I assume its the same issue a lot of you are having as well?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ko9Jo4FJfR8VlfzV5P4Jg

#958 6 years ago

Can't wait for the custom Steven Tyler speech call outs. Great game !

#959 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballology:

got an email from Chas, he's going to be sending a replacement plunger cap to help with the issue I have. Hopefully it works. Total bummer though, NIB less than two weeks old.....I'm trying to crush the Grand Champion score! I need my multi-ball ; )
Here's a couple videos on youtube I made earlier today. I assume its the same issue a lot of you are having as well?

Please post a picture of that plunger cap. I can't picture what it is. I haven't had this issue in months but used to get it frequently. I didn't really do anything just moved the assembly manually a few times so i assume the issue will come back someday.

#960 6 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Please post a picture of that plunger cap. I can't picture what it is. I haven't had this issue in months but used to get it frequently. I didn't really do anything just moved the assembly manually a few times so i assume the issue will come back someday.

plunger-cap (resized).jpgplunger-cap (resized).jpg

#961 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

There is a feature adjustment to make the ball lock virtual. If you set that, you can play he game without any isues while you wait for a fix.

I looked for this and couldn't find it. Does anyone know what the exact setting is called? Please don't tell me its the one called "turn off toybox motor".

Also, is there an option somewhere in the settings that allows you to award points for extra balls? It's another setting I can't find.

#962 6 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

For sure. As soon as I get it from Stern I’ll post a picture and video.

#963 6 years ago

After watching your video a few times, it's looking to me like the balls are binding up the lid. Seems like if the balls fall into just the right position it'll happen and also why it's a random problem. That could be fixed by a code adjustment to open the lid earlier so the balls don't have a chance to even touch the lid while they move up. I'll look into it more this weekend on my game.

#964 6 years ago

For any of you that had to put in warranty claims for your node boards, How long did it take after the incident report was put in?

#965 6 years ago

Can someone tell me the setting for stopping needless ball shots to Jackys face? It’s a funny feature but I rather persevere his handsomeness.

#966 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Can someone tell me the setting for stopping needless ball shots to Jackys face? It’s a funny feature but I rather persevere his handsomeness.

I don’t believe there is a setting?

#967 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

That would be awesome if that were possible

#968 6 years ago

So is AS better than MET?

#969 6 years ago

I wouldn't say better. It is a different game with good music and beautiful playfield.

#970 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I love AS and i dont plan on getting rid of it because its very good, but i just got a MET Premium yesterday and the answer to your question is a definite no. Metallica is absolutely amazing and great fun.

#971 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I don’t believe there is a setting?

Quoted from jrio101:

That would be awesome if that were possible

Oh, whoops! That’s why I can’t find it. Could have sworn someone said you could do it.

As for AS vs Met. I’ve owned Met twice and it’s an awesome game... but in the end have sold it. Really don’t think I want to get rid of AS.

#972 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Its funny as hell until it drains your ball sdtm during a good game, then its not so funny.

#973 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its funny as hell until it drains your ball sdtm during a good game, then its not so funny.

I just had a game I was trying to bank all six balls. I got 5 balls in there but then i drained my last ball. I started a new game before Jacky cleared out so every time I locked a call the toy box would shut and gets shot in the face. Cool that the game knows the balls are there but would like it better if it just putted them out like normal.

#974 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Nope. Different. Definitely not better.

#975 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

You could check your ball trough sensors are connected right and working properly. We had that issue, and there was some dust on one of the optos.

Not related at all ... keep in mind all the balls are in the coffin and its trying to kick them out except the lid doesn't open.

#976 6 years ago

Just a little update about my information with Nic at The Pinball Company. Great guy to deal with. He has been courtesy copied on all my emails with Stern about my toy box issue. He let me know they will take care of anything that is needed for repairing my machine. I don't think it will be necessary but the fact that he has assured me they would makes me want to do business with them again in the near future.

#977 6 years ago

Just a little update about my information with Nic at The Pinball Company. Great guy to deal with. He has been courtesy copied on all my emails with Stern about my toy box issue. He let me know they will take care of anything that is needed for repairing my machine. I don't think it will be necessary but the fact that he has assured me they would makes me want to do business with them again in the near future.

Having a good distributor is priceless. I just bought a game from Melissa at Cointaker and the experience so far has been amazing and i am confident that if i have any problems that she will do whatever it takes to make things right. She has definitely earned my future business.

#978 6 years ago

Same here! Cointaker is the best!! Melissa and company will take good care if you!!

#979 6 years ago
Quoted from wvpinball:

Same here! Cointaker is the best!! Melissa and company will take good care if you!!

Hell yes, she is awesome. Ive never felt so good about spending 7k.

#980 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Having a good distributor is priceless. I just bought a game from Melissa at Cointaker and the experience so far has been amazing and i am confident that if i have any problems that she will do whatever it takes to make things right. She has definitely earned my future business.

Quoted from wvpinball:

Well, they might have another customer hoping on the wagon. I was planning on ordering a Metallica Monsters Premium on Monday.....Cointaker has it $800 les than what I was looking at. Can anyone verify how fast they ship? I just might have to "walk that way", haha.

#981 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I love AS and i dont plan on getting rid of it because its very good, but i just got a MET Premium yesterday and the answer to your question is a definite no. Metallica is absolutely amazing and great fun.

WOW Who-Dey ... is the honeymoon with AS over? Didn't see that one coming. You're cheating on AS with MET. [Just joking]

Quoted from pninja005:

If this isn't a trolling post, I would say if this is for home use, go with whichever band you like better. My wife and I love MET, played it very often on locations, but it is like chopping wood and isn't super hard. If you want it for a newbie crowd, it is great. For a tournament type player - too easy. We are mediocre players, but would still think about getting a MET Prem if a REALLY good deal pops up for one. We just got an AS Prem a few weeks ago and like AS music better. Premium is MUCH better than a pro. We have played games on AS Pros at least 100 times each at locations. Premium has better game play. You might think the upper playfield isn't worth the extra money, and I would have previously agreed with that. But for home use, get as much out of the game play options as you can. Pro is perfectly fine for locations. We'll see how the "lastability" is for AS with us, but we currently like it a lot, and guests love it and can't get enough of it (and other pins in our collection). I'm sure guests would love the MET also if we had it. They are similar in ways, so ... as I said previously ... go with the music you like best and you will probably be happy. Or ... just get both. MET kind of set the standard for a few "similar" pins that followed because it was popular. Play them both at least 10 times before you make your final decision to buy.

#982 6 years ago

I’ve had MET for almost 5 years - I bought one of the first ones off the line. I’ve never once thought of selling it, though I am doing a temp trade with a friend for SMVE. I’ve given a lot of thought to this comparison. Here are my very subjective thoughts:

AS beats MET on art, physical ball lock, 6-ball multiball and LCD display (though I do love my MET’s ColorDMD). The ability to postpone multiball to go for more balls is awesome. Super modes are great. Light show is better than MET.

But MET beats AS on shot layout and flow, code/rules, callouts and overall enjoyment (for me). There are 12 different ways to have an awesome game on MET, but every great game on AS comes down to Toybox multiball. That’s starting to get old. And the right ramp on AS is too tight. AS is just not set up for satisfying combos the way that MET is. The first year I owned MET, the code was a lot like AS is now. I’d love to believe that AS will get to where MET is now, but I don’t think it will happen.

So overall, MET is still the winner for me. But I’m cautiously optimistic about the next code drop for AS.

#983 6 years ago

Well, they might have another customer hoping on the wagon. I was planning on ordering a Metallica Monsters Premium on Monday.....Cointaker has it $800 les than what I was looking at. Can anyone verify how fast they ship? I just might have to "walk that way", haha.

Well i guess that depends on how far away from them you are but it only took me two days to get mine. They ship extremely fast and Melissa is a pleasure to deal with and will give you a fair deal.

#984 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

WOW who-dey ... is the honeymoon with AS over? Didn't see that one coming. You're cheating on AS with MET. [Just joking]

Lol oh no, I still love my AS and im keeping it, but Metallica is on a whole different level. That is not just AS either, MET is on a different level than almost all games. I still love my AS though King and i will continue to recommend it to people.

#985 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

After watching your video a few times, it's looking to me like the balls are binding up the lid. Seems like if the balls fall into just the right position it'll happen and also why it's a random problem. That could be fixed by a code adjustment to open the lid earlier so the balls don't have a chance to even touch the lid while they move up. I'll look into it more this weekend on my game.

Stern is suppose to be sending me a new plunger cap, maybe that will increase the speed at which the balls get ejected??? I have no clue at this point. I totally think that it could possibly be a code issue as well. I know one thing, I'll find out soon enough. I'll keep you updated on how it plays out.

#986 6 years ago

This game tears through sling rubbers! 2 titans and now this regular rubber (2.5”).

FEBC25BC-8CDB-4FB2-AC42-43DF97A4BA7E (resized).jpegFEBC25BC-8CDB-4FB2-AC42-43DF97A4BA7E (resized).jpeg

#988 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

This game tears through sling rubbers! 2 titans and now this regular rubber (2.5”).

Whose regular rubber are you using?! We never had a problem with that kind if destruction of the sling rubber.

#989 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Not related at all ... keep in mind all the balls are in the coffin and its trying to kick them out except the lid doesn't open.

All good. Sorry, I did not read that properly, I though machine was going in to "ball search". Reading back through the thread properly, the toy box lid is getting stuck. We will wait and see what Stern come up with.

#990 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Whose regular rubber are you using?! We never had a problem with that kind if destruction of the sling rubber.

I think the titans died so quick because they were 2”. That’s the size the manual calls for but definitely too tight. This latest one is just a 2.5” Pinball life white rubber.

#991 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

WOW who-dey ... is the honeymoon with AS over? Didn't see that one coming. You're cheating on AS with MET. [Just joking]

If this isn't a trolling post, I would say if this is for home use, go with whichever band you like better. My wife and I love MET, played it very often on locations, but it is like chopping wood and isn't super hard. If you want it for a newbie crowd, it is great. For a tournament type player - too easy. We are mediocre players, but would still think about getting a MET Prem if a REALLY good deal pops up for one. We just got an AS Prem a few weeks ago and like AS music better. Premium is MUCH better than a pro. We have played games on AS Pros at least 100 times each at locations. Premium has better game play. You might think the upper playfield isn't worth the extra money, and I would have previously agreed with that. But for home use, get as much out of the game play options as you can. Pro is perfectly fine for locations. We'll see how the "lastability" is for AS with us, but we currently like it a lot, and guests love it and can't get enough of it (and other pins in our collection). I'm sure guests would love the MET also if we had it. They are similar in ways, so ... as I said previously ... go with the music you like best and you will probably be happy. Or ... just get both. MET kind of set the standard for a few "similar" pins that followed because it was popular. Play them both at least 10 times before you make your final decision to buy.

Thanks, very valuable information. I prefer AS music over MeT actually. I also think over time it would be cool to have a lineup with lcd games only. Yet, I wonder if MET is that good...

#992 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I think the titans died so quick because they were 2”. That’s the size the manual calls for but definitely too tight. This latest one is just a 2.5” Pinball life white rubber.

I have owned my NIB machine since April 2017. Has about 2700 plays on it and I just replaced my rubbers. Had the same issue as you, orders 2” per the manual but the Super Bands were so tight they were registering slingshot kicks at random. Had to put 2.5” on.

#993 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I haven't had good luck with Pinball Life rubber. It FEELS crappier (like it's cut in with something besides rubber) and it never lasts anywhere NEAR as long as the rubber from Marco Specialties. Try Marco white rubber. It's the best white rubber available, and I've tried them all.

#994 6 years ago

While I wait for Stern to send me what they think could be causing my toy box issue I'm going to try and update my code, even though it's already up to date. I don't know what else I could possibly do, it's driving me crazy not being able to solve the problem. I'm guessing that I will replace the plunger cap in the toy box like they are recommending and the problem will still exist (just my uneducated opinion) and it's going to end up being a Node issue.....which is what my buddy has been telling me all along. Shall see soon!

#995 6 years ago

she has shipped all my games within a couple days of doing the transaction.

#996 6 years ago

I ordered my guardians of the galaxy on Saturday it was delivered on Thursday. As soon as they can get a truck there it ships out. They are great people to work with

#997 6 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

I ordered my guardians of the galaxy on Saturday it was delivered on Thursday. As soon as they can get a truck there it ships out. They are great people to work with

They definitely are good people. That was my first time dealing with them and it was such a good experience that i plan on buying all of my future games from them.

#998 6 years ago

Unable to figure out how to setup the game to award points for extra balls. I’ve tried all kinds of settings, including installing competition mode. I can disable EB’s, but I’m trying to find the setting that awards points for any EB achieved.

#999 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I find it just to be more "Fun" than Metallica. I sold my Met a month ago and haven't thought about it or missed it.

#1000 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Unable to figure out how to setup the game to award points for extra balls. I’ve tried all kinds of settings, including installing competition mode. I can disable EB’s, but I’m trying to find the setting that awards points for any EB achieved.

3rd or 4th adjustment in “SPL” adjustments is “max extra balls” or similar.

Factory setting is probably 5 or something. Set that to 0 and it will award you points instead of an EB. Can’t recall what the points are on AS but they can be quite lucrative on Stern pins. Sometimes the points are not displayed on the screen (it still says EXTRAAAA BALLLL) - but they are added.

rd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.75
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/20?hl=pkrobin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.