Topic Stats

• 2,424 posts
  • 251 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by mbwalker
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 377 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190318_201608.png
20190318_201234.png
2F2E97C9-5FF3-4720-9AFA-7494ADE5B846 (resized).jpeg
880AC633-8F2F-4B43-A488-58CBDFB5D4C6 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0038 (resized).jpg
75B38345-3E2B-436A-81A1-83114B3F8D9B (resized).jpeg
20190125_174947 (resized).jpg
20190125_174959 (resized).jpg
Hole Centered (resized).jpg
Back (resized).jpg
Front (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190113_151009 (resized).jpg
20190113_150957 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2424 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 49.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Fun with optic fibers! These are completely passive and simply hooked up to the right orbit arrow insert.
Attract
» YouTube video
Some gameplay
» YouTube video

That is really cool. Where do you buy those?

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Sounds like you are really enjoying this Mike.
I know a friendly butcher that is fairly interested also

He only buys LEs though, lol. No lowly Pro for the K-bomb.

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

That is really cool. Where do you buy those?

I make them. PM me for details if you like.

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Phew, this right ramp shot is TIGHT! I think it's tighter than KISS, but maybe I just don't have my eyes dialed in yet. Definitely the hardest shot in my game room at the moment (Not counting my TSPP left ramp of course, but that's the hardest shot in the world).

No it's tight, tough shot. But when your hitting it during "walk this way", very rewarding. Miss it and I swear, rebound off of those post, right to the left outlane. What a game!

1 week later
#55 1 year ago

We joined the club today. What a great game. We are having a blast with it and I can't believe there isn't more love for it.

#56 1 year ago

IMG_2860 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#58 1 year ago

Starting to open it up a little bit now. SOSAD to start. It seems to be a high scoring opening round. You can get the mode finished either by the lit shots or targets. If you get CIU straight away you will come out of here with 30-40mil.
Then WTW and combos once CIU is attained. You can get 14mil ramp shots on the combo.
Collected a few locks and started SE and then a 5 ball MB straight away. It just went nuts then. Making sure to get the locks to multiply the playfield.
Came out of all that with about 320mill in about 5-6 minutes. Maybe longer, but it didn't feel like long. Then proceeded of course to choke. But also had sort of run out of ideas, haha.

IMG20170422163402 (resized).jpg

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

We joined the club today. What a great game. We are having a blast with it and I can't believe there isn't more love for it.

I can't believe there isn't either. There's a lot of people missing out on a fantastic game for sure! A lot of people think because of Lonnie doing the code that it can't be a good game, not true at all! This game kicks serious Ass!

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Starting to open it up a little bit now. SOSAD to start. It seems to be a high scoring opening round. You can get the mode finished either by the lit shots or targets. If you get CIU straight away you will come out of here with 30-40mil.
Then WTW and combos once CIU is attained. You can get 14mil ramp shots on the combo.
Collected a few locks and started SE and then a 5 ball MB straight away. It just went nuts then. Making sure to get the locks to multiply the playfield.
Came out of all that with about 320mill in about 5-6 minutes. Maybe longer, but it didn't feel like long. Then proceeded of course to choke. But also had sort of run out of ideas, haha.

Good score! Have you got to the first wizard mode yet?

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Good score! Have you got to the first wizard mode yet?

I couldn't really tell. I saw colours I hadn't seen before and heard sounds I hadn't heard before. But you know what it's like, just doing my best to hang on!

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I couldn't really tell. I saw colours I hadn't seen before and heard sounds I hadn't heard before. But you know what it's like, just doing my best to hang on!

I think you have to complete 5 modes to get to the first wizard mode?

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think you have to complete 5 modes to get to the first wizard mode?

Yeah. I realise now it was just the completion of the multiball.

I'm trying to work out the logic of SOSAD appearing to score so much higher than the other modes. There must be a trade off.

#64 1 year ago

Add me to the club. I received my 1 of 1 PROmium(see story below for details on this special version) on Friday. The game was ordered as a 40th birthday gift for my girlfriend, whose birthday was Friday. Due to a hectic weekend, never got around to playing the game until around 8pm Saturday night. I invited my entire neighborhood (400 homes), plus all of Pinside to come over for the Aerosmith Launch Party at my house. I had 4 Pinsiders show up and 22 neighbors/friends. Last person left at 3:30am and we put 103 games on Aerosmith.

Now it's time to share a quick story with everyone regarding my first experience with buying a NIB pinball machine which took a strange course upon delivery. I ordered and paid for an Aerosmith Pro, however I received a Premium instead(hence the PROmium)!!! Gotta call the distributor tomorrow to see how this will all play out. I did have 2 issues with the game from the get go, both involving the catapult lock. First issue was the switch wasn't activating when locking a ball and the game would enter into a ball search. After lifting the playfield we quickly realized the switch was just hanging by its wires. No screws were installed in the switch to keep it in place. After a quick Macgyver fix using purple zip ties to match the color theme, the switch was now ready. After putting the game back together and hitting the lock shot, the catapult coil wasn't firing. Up with the playfield once again, a small wiggle of the wires and the catapult started firing. We then played 101 games during the rest of the night with zero issues. Game shipped with 1.02 code and didn't have time to update it so I'm attempting that now. First attempt failed as the file downloaded was corrupted, however I re-downloaded it and it extracted fine. About to start the update.

-Chad

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Add me to the club. I received my 1 of 1 PROmium(see story below for details on this special version) on Friday. The game was ordered as a 40th birthday gift for my girlfriend, whose birthday was Friday. Due to a hectic weekend, never got around to playing the game until around 8pm Saturday night. I invited my entire neighborhood (400 homes), plus all of Pinside to come over for the Aerosmith Launch Party at my house. I had 4 Pinsiders show up and 22 neighbors/friends. Last person left at 3:30am and we put 103 games on Aerosmith.
Now it's time to share a quick story with everyone regarding my first experience with buying a NIB pinball machine which took a strange course upon delivery. I ordered and paid for an Aerosmith Pro, however I received a Premium instead(hence the PROmium)!!! Gotta call the distributor tomorrow to see how this will all play out. I did have 2 issues with the game from the get go, both involving the catapult lock. First issue was the switch wasn't activating when locking a ball and the game would enter into a ball search. After lifting the playfield we quickly realized the switch was just hanging by its wires. No screws were installed in the switch to keep it in place. After a quick Macgyver fix using purple zip ties to match the color theme, the switch was now ready. After putting the game back together and hitting the lock shot, the catapult coil wasn't firing. Up with the playfield once again, a small wiggle of the wires and the catapult started firing. We then played 101 games during the rest of the night with zero issues. Game shipped with 1.02 code and didn't have time to update it so I'm attempting that now. First attempt failed as the file downloaded was corrupted, however I re-downloaded it and it extracted fine. About to start the update.
-Chad

Thanks for sharing the story and photos.
Wow, a Premium by mistake. Lol
It's funny cause that is always the first thing I check when my box arrives.

#66 1 year ago

I sure hope they let you keep the premium. Since they would have to pay to have it reboxed, shipped back and then ship you another one they might just let it go. Good luck!

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I sure hope they let you keep the premium. Since they would have to pay to have it reboxed, shipped back and then ship you another one they might just let it go. Good luck!

I sent him a text this morning at 10am, he replied back instantly and said looks like the warehouse guys are big trouble, then asked me what I wanted to do. I replied, no clue and said you tell me how you want to handle it. I have not heard back from him. Hell, he didn't even say thanks for letting me know or anything, heh.

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

They'll let him keep it for sure, in classic stern fashion too.....with an invoice saying he owes an additional $9500 for having the first and only PROmium SLE Aerosmith

I kid of course, but wouldn't be surprised.

Quoted from djreddog:

I sent him a text this morning at 10am, he replied back instantly and said looks like the warehouse guys are big trouble, then asked me what I wanted to do. I replied, no clue and said you tell me how you want to handle it. I have not heard back from him. Hell, he didn't even say thanks for letting me know or anything, heh.

I would just ask your distributor to let you keep it for no additional cost. It's sterns mistake; not his, not yours.

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

They'll let him keep it for sure, in classic stern fashion too.....with an invoice saying he owes an additional $9500 for having the first and only PROmium SLE Aerosmith
I kid of course, but wouldn't be surprised.

I would just ask your distributor to let you keep it for no additional cost. It's sterns mistake; not his, not yours.

I think the mistake is on the distributor, not Stern. His warehouse guys pulled the wrong box for the Pro invoice.

#70 1 year ago

I bought 2 games that were supposed to be demo models (GOT and TWD) used at Expo. Got a nice discount. Stern shipped me brand new games by mistake. Distributor said no big deal, Keep the new ones.

#71 1 year ago

Jagged a 20mil shot on WTW today. Shot multiplier-multiball multiplier-combo shot I think. I had to get a few shots in a row to build it up. Freaking amazing! Not sure if I'll ever repeat it. I was playing ALL day. I was reading KME on tilt forums getting an 80mil shot! This game rocks!

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I think the mistake is on the distributor, not Stern. His warehouse guys pulled the wrong box for the Pro invoice.

Ouch, that's going to be a serious hit for the dealer's pocketbook. It's not like it can be returned and re-sold after half the neighborhood played it all weekend. Must have been quite the moral dilemma when it arrived.

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Ouch, that's going to be a serious hit for the dealer's pocketbook. It's not like it can be returned and re-sold after half the neighborhood played it all weekend. Must have been quite the moral dilemma when it arrived.

My first thoughts were the box was simply wrong because the invoice and the paperwork was all correct. However, after opening the box and seeing a purple game I knew at that moment it was in fact a premium and made the decision to contact the distributor first thing Monday morning.

#74 1 year ago

Yay! Traded some old friends for some new friends.

IMG_8638 (resized).JPG

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Congrats! How about one of your good olde fashion in depth video reviews on your AS? Love to see that!

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Congrats! How about one of your good olde fashion in depth video reviews on your AS? Love to see that!

That would be awesome, I second that!

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

My first thoughts were the box was simply wrong because the invoice and the paperwork was all correct. However, after opening the box and seeing a purple game I knew at that moment it was in fact a premium and made the decision to contact the distributor first thing Monday morning.

That was cool and considerate of you, but if you're shipped something you didn't order FTC says you can keep it. I'd see what the Dist offers and work toward a win-win discount so he's not totally screwed and you don't pay more than you thought you were going to. You did something you legally didn't have to do by calling him, which he should appreciate.

#78 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

The game was ordered as a 40th birthday gift for my girlfriend

Yeh, right.

#79 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Jagged a 20mil shot on WTW today. Shot multiplier-multiball multiplier-combo shot I think. I had to get a few shots in a row to build it up. Freaking amazing! Not sure if I'll ever repeat it. I was playing ALL day. I was reading KME on tilt forums getting an 80mil shot! This game rocks!

Great to hear everyone in here still loving their AS. Couldn't resist and pulled the trigger - due early May.

What's your take on the Smart Bombs Mike? Are they random awards? Are they really useful and well integrated like AC/DC?

#80 1 year ago

I'm one of the lucky ones. She loves pinball. Plays tournaments. And has seen Aerosmith 4 times and it's one of her favorite bands. It's definitely hers!

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I'm one of the lucky ones. She loves pinball. Plays tournaments. And has seen Aerosmith 4 times and it's one of her favorite bands. It's definitely hers!

She's a keeper.

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Hah ... I use that too. I'm another one of the lucky ones. Mine wanted WOZ ... got it. Then she wanted Hobbit ... got it for her as a surprise. Now she doesn't know which she likes more ... DI or AS Prem. Decisions ...

#83 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Hah ... I use that too. I'm another one of the lucky ones. Mine wanted WOZ ... got it. Then she wanted Hobbit ... got it for her as a surprise. Now she doesn't know which she likes more ... DI or AS Prem. Decisions ...

Dialed In or AS Prem? Dialed In wins that one.

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

I'm thinking AS NIB and DI used next year. We'll see.

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

You sure about that? Aerosmith is no slouch and one of the funniest pins I've ever played!

#86 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What's your take on the Smart Bombs Mike? Are they random awards? Are they really useful and well integrated like AC/DC?

Hey Mark. They seem very rudimentary compared to ACDC and seem to come much later in the game (unless I am doing something wrong) and I even believe from reports that they have been removed from 1.03. , I'm still on 1.02.

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Hey Mark. They seem very rudimentary compared to ACDC and seem to come much later in the game (unless I am doing something wrong) and I even believe from reports that they have been removed from 1.03. , I'm still on 1.02.

I have not seen any smart bombs yet so I don't even know what the hell that they are? I've been on the new code from day one.

#88 1 year ago
Quoted from spida1a:

You KNOW I am expecting a video, Chris!

#89 1 year ago
Quoted from spida1a:

You KNOW I am expecting a video, Chris!

#90 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You sure about that? Aerosmith is no slouch and one of the funniest pins I've ever played!

Positive. I've had a solid day with it getting it ready for route. It's okay, but it's a very basic (but flashy) design. Despite what people keep saying the gameplay has a lot of similarities to KISS. I wouldn't kick it to the curb like WrestleMania or anything, but Dialed In wins, hands down. Way more to do and see, and substantially better build quality.

#91 1 year ago

I find myself collecting lock-lights, then often plunging for locks if I want a few in a row. The plunge into the lock is pretty easy if you practice enough. And there is some forgivness in the shot as you can run past it a bit and then roll back into it. Unlike Tommy, for example where if you go too far you are gone.

#92 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Initially Stern stated earlier this week the missiles were removed, however they corrected their stance yesterday and said they are still in the game via the mystery awards.

#93 1 year ago

I've had this for a little over a week. I specifically bought it to route but wanted to get a few plays on it first. Truly a great pin. Really bummed that I goes out tomorrow.

The only issue I have is a ball hang up between the left wire trail and the post holding the toy box flasher. Has anyone else dealt with this?

2017 008 (resized).JPG

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Disagree -> Aerosmith is awesome fun in a "quick game" style game. Dialed In has a certain style to it that fits the deep + complicated + long game style game. Both are good, it just depends what you want. For me, AS is preferred. Obviously, you like WOZ as it's your avatar , so you like the deep, complicated, long playing games. Plus the artwork and fun animations just puts AS over the top. Dialed in has GREAT video features, but they just don't do it for me - I prefer what was done on AS as it's plain and simply just more fun for me. Both games shoot very well, with Dialed in being super smooth. Definitely the best flow of the 3 JJP games.

#95 1 year ago

LE In da house!

20170426_121546 (resized).jpg

#96 1 year ago

Anyone have a link to custom scorecards for the LE?

#97 1 year ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Anyone have a link to custom scorecards for the LE?

Is there a difference for the LE?

Attached are the only 2 custom rule cards I have seen so far:

Aerosmith Custom Rule Card.pdf

#98 1 year ago

Plenty of Pro gameplay vids available. Anyone know of a good Prem/LE video to watch?

#99 1 year ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Plenty of Pro gameplay vids available. Anyone know of a good Prem/LE video to watch?

Deadflip did an early twitch video showing Aerosmith Premium.

#100 1 year ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Pretty sure that Dead Flips first video at the Stern factory was with a premium model. Should be able to find it on youtube.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Wrentham, MA
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Williamston, MI
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 8,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 12.75
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 2424 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 49.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside