20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 82.
#901 6 years ago

Just joined the club with a premium. Really happy I finally pulled the trigger. Seems like a hit with everyone in the house. I like the simple, but fun pinball rules. It doesn't need to be an epic adventure. Not that that's a bad thing. But, Aerosmith offers just a fun game to shoot. Really looking forward to new code. Some exiting things in the rumor mill, that's for sure.

Brian

#902 6 years ago

Hi can anyone tell me what it means when the smart button flashes white. I was on the last ball, started a 6 ball multi ball and during it the smart button flashed white. I pressed it three times before it stop flashing but I don't know what it did. Too busy to look at LCD. I did complete toys in the attic mode while in the multi ball.

#903 6 years ago
Quoted from c_mario:

Hi can anyone tell me what it means when the smart button flashes white. I was on the last ball, started a 6 ball multi ball and during it the smart button flashed white. I pressed it three times before it stop flashing but I don't know what it did. Too busy to look at LCD. I did complete toys in the attic mode while in the multi ball.

Smart missiles. You get 3. Each time you pressed the button it awarded you one of the flashing arrow jackpots.

#904 6 years ago

We're running out of February

Whurr dat code at?

#905 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Smart missiles. You get 3. Each time you pressed the button it awarded you one of the flashing arrow jackpots.

you get 3 per game or is it still qualified through the not-so-mystery mystery shot?

#906 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

you get 3 per game or is it still qualified through the not-so-mystery mystery shot?

As far as I can tell, with the current code you can only get them from the mystery scoop during TITA multiball, and ONLY if no balls are in the trough, otherwise you get an add-a-ball reward.

#907 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

As far as I can tell, with the current code you can only get them from the mystery scoop during TITA multiball, and ONLY if you no balls in the trough, otherwise you get an add-a-ball reward.

Thanks for the replys.

#908 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

We're running out of February
Whurr dat code at?

Where did Stern say AS code was hitting in Feb? Not saying they didn’t just curious...

#909 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Where did Stern say AS code was hitting in Feb? Not saying they didn’t just curious...

Thought it was mentioned in the stern if the union address. I could be wrong. It would be nice to get a sneak peak at the release notes. Curious how deep and creative they plan to go with it.

#910 6 years ago

Any one know if there are any written rule sheets for AS?

#911 6 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Any one know if there are any written rule sheets for AS?

Yep, up on Tilt Forums.

Google “tilt forums Aerosmith rules”

rd

#912 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

This didn't sound like Aerosmith was imminent. It's thrown in with KISS and GB with new "resources" being brought on to do it:

"We continue to add resources to our software department to address updates, enhancements, bug fixes and various polish to our catalog of previous titles including Ghostbusters, Aerosmith and KISS."

#913 6 years ago

Someone here said their source mentioned an update in Feb.

If that aint the most unsubstantiated convoluted malarkey I dunno what is.

Yet I repeated it as if it were gospel.

#914 6 years ago

Im guessing it will be awhile.

January Stern of the union:
Status of Code:
Aerosmith – Aerosmith is still in line for an additional update and polish.

February Stern of the Union:
Status of Code:
We continue to add resources to our software department to address updates, enhancements, bug fixes and various polish to our catalog of previous titles including Ghostbusters, Aerosmith and KISS.

This tells me their new hires will be taking on those 3 abandoned games. I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon if true.

#915 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Im guessing it will be awhile.
January Stern of the union:
Status of Code:
Aerosmith – Aerosmith is still in line for an additional update and polish.

Pretty sure it said that in November and December too, which is why I ask.

Still, it will be nice if/hopefully when we get an update. I think this is a really good game now that can take that next step.

You know, by walking this way.

#916 6 years ago

/sigh/ Next month will be 1 year without an update, and there are still some fairly significant bugs in the programming

#917 6 years ago

Here's to hoping. Still a great game even without one.

#918 6 years ago

Shit like this makes me want to buy an AFMr & email the unboxing pictures to Stern.

#919 6 years ago

That moment when you think Multiball is over and then Jacky spits out a ball

986B64C4-A5BA-4BAA-8482-85F461512FE8 (resized).jpeg986B64C4-A5BA-4BAA-8482-85F461512FE8 (resized).jpeg

#920 6 years ago

Lol, great pic. Does anyone have a list of the things Jacky says? I need to load this up in pinball browser so I can understand him.

#921 6 years ago

Took me no joke 800 plays...but finally, FINALLY...made it to Medley Multiball today (that's the mini wizard mode, right). Took me a second to figure out what was going on, but then started totally digging it. Here's hoping it doesn't take me another 800 plays to get back to it!

#922 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Took me no joke 800 plays...but finally, FINALLY...made it to Medley Multiball today (that's the mini wizard mode, right). Took me a second to figure out what was going on, but then started totally digging it. Here's hoping it doesn't take me another 800 plays to get back to it!

Congrats. Medley Tour Multiball is pretty tough to achieve but definitely not out of reach for average or above players. Ive got it a few times but I highly doubt that i will ever see the main wizard mode. Aerosmith is a great game though and alot of people dont know what they are missing. Its a keeper imo.

#923 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Congrats. Medley Tour Multiball is pretty tough to achieve but definitely not out of reach for average or above players. Ive got it a few times but I highly doubt that i will ever see the main wizard mode. Aerosmith is a great game though and alot of people dont know what they are missing. Its a keeper imo.

Yeah, in about 1k games I have never seen it. The main thing that stands in the way is elevator multiball. I think in all my games I’ve only ever beat it twice, and both times it was all I shot for.

#924 6 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

Yeah, in about 1k games I have never seen it. The main thing that stands in the way is elevator multiball. I think in all my games I’ve only ever beat it twice, and both times it was all I shot for.

Yeah that shot through the pops is a rough one. You will get there though for sure if you are determined enough but as you said its not easy.

#925 6 years ago

I just have one comlpaint/concern about my Aerosmith Pro. My toybox has no problem opening and closing throughout the startup of the game, along with any tests....but around 50% of the time when I go to start toybox multi-ball the lid tries to open and ends up not opening....then a good 7-10 seconds (or more) later the lid opens and dumps the ball. This makes the ball saves impossible and shortening the length of the multi-ball. I've checked all connections and my software is up to date. At this point I'm rolling with it hoping that over the next month or so it'll work itself out. Otherwise I'll be giving Stern a call : )

Anyone?

#926 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballology:

I just have one comlpaint/concern about my Aerosmith Pro. My toybox has no problem opening and closing throughout the startup of the game, along with any tests....but around 50% of the time when I go to start toybox multi-ball the lid tries to open and ends up not opening....then a good 7-10 seconds (or more) later the lid opens and dumps the ball. This makes the ball saves impossible and shortening the length of the multi-ball. I've checked all connections and my software is up to date. At this point I'm rolling with it hoping that over the next month or so it'll work itself out. Otherwise I'll be giving Stern a call : )
Anyone?

Call Stern now and talk to them because the problem isnt going to work itself out i guarantee you. Give them a call and i bet they can help you out. Chaz and his buddy are cool guys and always willing to help.

#927 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Call Stern now and talk to them because the problem isnt going to work itself out i guarantee you. Give them a call and i bet they can help you out. Chaz and his buddy are cool guys and always willing to help.

I’ll give them a call first thing tomorrow morning and see what they can work out with me. I juts purchased it new in box : )

#928 6 years ago

Anyone?

I have this same exact problem. Please inform us of what Stern says. Thanks!

#929 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Yes please keep us posted because maybe it can help other people down the road.

#930 6 years ago

Is it possible to adjust the pop bumper power on an Aerosmtih Pro?

The power on my pop bumpers in the last month seems to have gone up for no reason and I couldn't find anything in the adjustment menu.

I'm wasting a lot of mode time when the ball gets stuck in a pop bumper mosh pit and the pop bumper skirts are chipping (3 month old machine)

Any help would be appreciated.

#931 6 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

The power on my pop bumpers in the last month seems to have gone up for no reason and I couldn't find anything in the adjustment menu.
I'm wasting a lot of mode time when the ball gets stuck in a pop bumper mosh pit and the pop bumper skirts are chipping (3 month old machine)

Turn your coil strength down in the adjustments. This trims about 5-10% power off the coils. I think Normal and Soft are the two choices.

#932 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I'm calling Stern tomorrow morning at 11:00 Eastern time to see what they say. I'll keep everyone informed on here as soon as I get off the phone with them. I need my multi-ball!!! " Shoot the scoop and add a ball" : )

Quoted from Who-Dey:

#933 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Turn your coil strength down in the adjustments. This trims about 5-10% power off the coils. I think Normal and Soft are the two choices.

Thanks for the reply.

Will that affect all the coils or just the pop bumpers? (Everything is fine)

#934 6 years ago

Thanks for the reply.
Will that affect all the coils or just the pop bumpers? (Everything is fine)

All the coils, but your machine gets beat up less, so it's all good. It's one of the first things I do when I set a machine up for the route.

#935 6 years ago

I didn’t think the timers counted down when the ball is in the pops.

#936 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I didn’t think the timers counted down when the ball is in the pops.

That's what I noticed too. Same with "some" initial time up on the upper play field on a Prem when you hit the elevator shot.

#937 6 years ago

Well node 9 took a dump completely this morning. Now I have to try and get a warranty replacement

#938 6 years ago

I spoke with Chas at Stern just now about the toybox multiball failing to start.....toybox gets loaded up, lid goes to open, lid closes (without opening up and dropping multiball), then 7-10 seconds later the multiball drops (wasting anytime for ball save, inherently causing multiball to be shortened drastically). He didn't have an answer for the problem but was going to speak with John, the developer of the game, and call me back.

We did go into the Aerosmith Game-Specific Tests, Toy Box Motor Tests (37/36). I manually opened the toy box to make sure that the motor was working to raise and lower the mech inside the toybox to dump the balls and it was just fine.

So basically I don't have an answer yet, I'm still waiting for them to call me back. Like I mentioned, this was a BNIB game that I got from The Pinball Company around/less than two weeks ago. The Pinball Company referred me to 1-800-KICKERS for tech support.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Quoted from Who-Dey:

#939 6 years ago

This is a screenshot of the video I took and sent to Stern and The Pinbal Company. The Toybox reaches its max height here and then closes. 50% of the time.......

I’ll keep this thread updated with my solution from Stern.

81B19508-AECD-478C-B14D-8EE478AB302A (resized).jpeg81B19508-AECD-478C-B14D-8EE478AB302A (resized).jpeg

#940 6 years ago

This is a screenshot of the video I took and sent to Stern and The Pinbal Company. The Toybox reaches its max height here and then closes. 50% of the time.......

That's the secret Peekaboo Multiball...

#941 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's the secret Peekaboo Multiball...

Tried that a few times in college. Haha.

#942 6 years ago

Well that is very odd. It sucks that you are having this problem om a new game but Chaz will get it sorted out for you I guarantee it. It looks like you have a couple of other great games that you can play while this issue is being sorted out so at least you can still play some pinball right? Please keep us all updated on this issue though because it could definitely help alot of people down the road.

#943 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well that is very odd. It sucks that you are having this problem om a new game but Chaz will get it sorted out for you I guarantee it. It looks like you have a couple of other great games that you can play while this issue is being sorted out so at least you can still play some pinball right? Please keep us all updated on this issue though because it could definitely help alot of people down the road.

Yea!!!! I’m still playing some pin. Ac/dc and The Shadow : )

I’m all good. I’ve got no worries about Stern hooking it up, it’s just a bummer.

#944 6 years ago

Yea!!!! I’m still playing some pin. Ac/dc and The Shadow : )
I’m all good. I’ve got no worries about Stern hooking it up, it’s just a bummer.

It’s definitely a bummer for sure and i feel for ya. Im getting a new MET Premium tomorrow and i have my fingers crossed that there are no issues like this. Chaz is the best though and he will get it figured out and he wont forget about you and leave you hanging either.

#945 6 years ago

There is a feature adjustment to make the ball lock virtual. If you set that, you can play he game without any isues while you wait for a fix.

#946 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

There is a feature adjustment to make the ball lock virtual. If you set that, you can play he game without any isues while you wait for a fix.

Niiiiiice! Thanks!!!

#947 6 years ago

If you want to know how to play Aerosmith properly, listen to this 15 year old girl (and INDISC Champion) give you the tip.

rd

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-292033582/aerosmith?in=user-292033582/sets/60-second-tutorials

#948 6 years ago

his is a screenshot of the video I took and sent to Stern and The Pinbal Company. The Toybox reaches its max height here and then closes. 50% of the time.......

The only thing pushing it up are the balls...mine does this occasional and it really sux as the ball save time at the start of multiball is gone by the time the game figures out you have no balls in play and does a ball search

#949 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

The only thing pushing it up are the balls...mine does this occasional and it really sux as the ball save time at the start of multiball is gone by the time the game figures out you have no balls in play and does a ball search

You could check your ball trough sensors are connected right and working properly. We had that issue, and there was some dust on one of the optos.

Good luck!

#950 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

You could check your ball trough sensors are connected right and working properly. We had that issue, and there was some dust on one of the optos.
Good luck!

Can't see how that's related

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.75
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/19?hl=jakers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.