20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 82.
#851 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Hope so... stern of the union made it sound like it was in line to get started, but maybe that was to temper expectations.
I still like it a lot, and the glitches can be avoided so it’s mainly the details that are starting to bug me.
A. Outlane sound
B. Missiles (have yet to see one in nearly a year... not that it sounds like they even do much if anything)
C. An actual skill shot award, not just oooh you snuck one into an existing lock.
D. A real diagnostics display, not simulated DMD text only diagnostics that aren’t even really relevant for spike 2.
E. Adult content on = more than Jackey dropping an F-bomb once per 500+ games.... I don’t necessarily want sailor jacky... but a bit more that that so it’s every once in a while at least.
I’m sure there are things I’m missing but those are what tends to be at the top of my personal list.

All good things.

I would like:

song/multiball champions
ball save option when locking a ball but the toy box is shut
attract mode
more call outs

#852 6 years ago

I would like to see higher point values in Elevator Multiball. I just got to Level 6 and felt like king of the world... until I saw that the points values weren’t all that great.

#853 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I would like to see higher point values in Elevator Multiball. I just got to Level 6 and felt like king of the world... until I saw that the points values weren’t all that great.

Is it 12 floors to finish this multiball? I don't see myself ever getting to that. Tron had a couple modes that were insanely difficult to complete before the final code update. It turned an awesome game into an amazing game. I'm hoping for the same with Aerosmith.

#854 6 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Is it 12 floors to finish this multiball?

Should be 8, but even finishing it doesn't yield enough points to make it worth going for, so I usually just concentrate on the mode I set before starting it.

#855 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Should be 8, but even finishing it doesn't yield enough points to make it worth going for, so I usually just concentrate on the mode I set before starting it.

Yeah, that’s the shame of it...because it’s a fun mode!

#856 6 years ago

Picking up an Aerosmith LE this weekend, what are the Must have changes or mods. Also i hear taking the post over by the pop bumpers is great? Any sugestions?

#857 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Picking up an Aerosmith LE this weekend, what are the Must have changes or mods. Also i hear taking the post over by the pop bumpers is great? Any sugestions?

I left my post in place. A sub is a must have. Other than that I have mirror blades on order.

#858 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Cliffy's for shooter lane and inside the kicker cutout for the toybox kicker (don't think you need the outside one, but the inside one is important to ensure the ball rests in the same spot. When it wears here, it will stuff the alignment). Sub and mirrors as said above.

#859 6 years ago

Oh yea, Cliffys!

#860 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Oh yea, Cliffys!

Actually, just remembered the elevator scoop (under the upper PF on the LE) doesn't have a cliffy. Also the elevator shot on the upper PF needs a cliff also. Both of those cop a beating (though the elevator scoop under the upper pf you cant see). So may as well get the set.

#861 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Cliffy's for... inside the kicker cutout for the toybox kicker

I didn't think these existed. Anyone have a link/picture?

Thanks.

#862 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Thanks.

https://www.pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/12#post-3997492

(Or use the topic index at the top of the page and select "Toybox kickout" link)

#863 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Here's a pic of the complete LE/Premium set

Thanks Cliff!

DSC00315 (resized).JPGDSC00315 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#864 6 years ago

i have run into this dislay issue a couple times during gameplay. Anyone else experience this issue. Can occur on any screen. Seems to happen most when racking up big points. Big points not pictured....

5098216F-8FFA-41C0-B80E-694617D8D7EF (resized).jpeg5098216F-8FFA-41C0-B80E-694617D8D7EF (resized).jpeg

#865 6 years ago

I rarely have time to look at the display when playing.

#866 6 years ago

100 games in the gamesroom - and this is the one that’s usually in action.

rd

234802B0-A776-496F-B009-9F326CC1ED71 (resized).jpeg234802B0-A776-496F-B009-9F326CC1ED71 (resized).jpeg

#867 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Agreed! When I want to have fun playing pinball it is a go to. AS is candy on a stick. Love it.

#868 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

100 games ... I wish you were my neighbour, Rotordave!

#869 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

100 games ... I wish you were my neighbour, Rotordave!

Sounds awesome until he IS your neighbor and you're in a constant state of brownout.

#870 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds awesome until he IS your neighbor and you're in a constant state of brownout.

Yeah, the power bill REALLY goes up when they’re all turned on. When I turn on all the Comp games in the car garage as well, there’s like 115 all running at once.

Here’s the actual weekly power usage graph ... pick the day of the pinball meet ...

rd

BD4F5EF9-A948-4D3E-B0CD-E7AA3CFFECCE (resized).jpegBD4F5EF9-A948-4D3E-B0CD-E7AA3CFFECCE (resized).jpeg

#871 6 years ago

Speaker light kit installed and looking good...

20180210_155759 (resized).jpg20180210_155759 (resized).jpg

#872 6 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

Speaker light kit installed and looking good...

That looks awesome, do you have upgraded Flipper Fidelity speakers?
If so, did you need an extra bracket to install the speakers lights over top of the FF speakers.

#873 6 years ago

Joined the owner's club last weekend with a HUO used AS Prem that had about 175 plays on it. We play the Pro version quite a bit at some local arcades and only played the Prem a few times at shows. We like the extra things to shoot for and the easier to qualify elevator locks. The Prem is just more fun for home use in our opinion with some added shots. The upper playfield isn't much ... but it does add to some of the game play and strategy.

We are thinking about adding a shaker and saw in previous posts that it is not used much, maybe more will be added with future code. Does it just shake when the toy box opens, or are there other times it shakes too? Like maybe the VIP blast at launch?

#874 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I saw somewhere Marshall Covers for the speaker grill, but can’t find it anymore..
Someone can help ?
Thx

did you ever find them? I'm interested too

#875 6 years ago

My Pro comes today. Very excited.

I'd like to get the official topper but $399 is steep. Since you've all had yours awhile, are there any recommended mods? Only precautionary plan I have so far are metal brackets on the top inside of the cab. Any protectors I "should" be investing in?

thanks

#876 6 years ago

To people just grabbing an AS, I would pass on the Shaker. Mirror blades look great and a Polk sub will provide more shake than a shaker motor

#877 6 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

My Pro comes today. Very excited.
I'd like to get the official topper but $399 is steep. Since you've all had yours awhile, are there any recommended mods? Only precautionary plan I have so far are metal brackets on the top inside of the cab. Any protectors I "should" be investing in?
thanks

Contact Cliff and get his protector set. He has several for this game but I suggest the shooter lane and toy box launcher protector for sure.

#878 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

To people just grabbing an AS, I would pass on the Shaker. Mirror blades look great and a Polk sub will provide more shake than a shaker motor

I just ordered this yesterday. Can't wait to hook up AS and GB to it.

#879 6 years ago

Just wondering ... I bought a AS Prem used and the bulbs under the plastics are white, blue, and red. Is this the way it is NIB? Or are they all white? Manual says white, yet I watched some AS videos and they are the same color scheme.

20180217_213148 (resized).jpg20180217_213148 (resized).jpg

#880 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Just wondering ... I bought a AS Prem used and the bulbs under the plastics are white, blue, and red. Is this the way it is NIB? Or are they all white? Manual says white, yet I watched some AS videos and they are the same color scheme.

Tricolor is normal

#881 6 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Tricolor is normal

Okay, thanks!

#882 6 years ago

Ok I’ve had this game since last summer and I still haven’t hit whatever the wizard mode is when you start all the modes. I get close but can never quite make it. I’m not great but I ain’t terrible either. Any tips?

#883 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Ok I’ve had this game since last summer and I still haven’t hit whatever the wizard mode is when you start all the modes. I get close but can never quite make it. I’m not great but I ain’t terrible either. Any tips?

Two main tips.

1. Simply time out the modes. If you are on a Pro machine, shoot center ramp and then trap up until the timer stops. Shoot center ramp again, trap up. If on a Premium or LE, get to the upper play field and trap up. When timer hits, perform a soft flip at the drop targets and the ball will safely return to the flipper. Rinse and repeat until mode is complete.

2. Start sweet emotion during MB. This will give you more balls to complete the mode.

#884 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

It’s a tough game. I’ve only got to the Wiz once (admittedly mine is set up pretty tough)

Quoted from djreddog:

1. Simply time out the modes

That would get you to the mini-wizard.

To get to the proper Wizard you need to complete every song.

I would argue that you’d get more points completing songs (with shot combos and exploiting the super modes) and aiming for 5-6 ball Toybox MB than going for the mini-Wiz. But if you just want to get to the mini-Wiz, yeah, time out the modes.

Quoted from djreddog:

2. Start sweet emotion during MB. This will give you more balls to complete the mode

Agree with this. Sweet Emotion is the toughest to complete, try and start it when you have a good MB ready to go.

rd

#885 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Depends how much you want to change on your game to make it possible to get to mini wizard (Medley Tour).

Simplest method is to reduce the time of all modes in the settings to the minimum, 10 secs I think, you won't need to trap up and time out modes.
That only leaves the MBs to start. Take Toy MB at 3 balls, then just focus on Elevator (or change the setting to easy, so the locks are already lit).

Medley Tour Multiball is possibly the worst mini wiz mode I have ever played.

Final Tour is much better, and worth a huge amount of points.
If you want to make it easier to get to that, reduce the time in modes which self-complete, and increase the time in the modes you need to complete.
This will only leave you with Toybox MB and Sweet Emotion which need completing on a single attempt (as these have no memory on progress when you end the mode)

It really depends what you feel you would achieve if you made the changes to the settings to make it easier. Change to 5 balls? Tighten outlanes?
Personally I feel no sense of achievement if I get to wizard mode by timing out modes. (At least Star Trek changed the scoring so that timing out modes to get to KM multiball made it worth significantly fewer points than if you played the modes.)

#886 6 years ago

When starting toybox multi ball, sometimes my lid will not open completely and let the balls out. It only opens about a half inch. I can see the balls but then the lid shuts and I have to wait for a ball search. Then the lid opens completely and the multi ball goes on like it should. This has happened 4 times now in just 3 weeks. Is this a known issue with Aerosmith?

#887 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

When starting toybox multi ball, sometimes my lid will not open completely and let the balls out. It only opens about a half inch. I can see the balls but then the lid shuts and I have to wait for a ball search

Mine does this every now and then but its so infrequent it's impossible to diagnose.

#888 6 years ago

Mine always opens. Maybe binding in the lid mechanics? Questionable coil sleeve or plunger with a burr?

#889 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

When starting toybox multi ball, sometimes my lid will not open completely and let the balls out. It only opens about a half inch. I can see the balls but then the lid shuts and I have to wait for a ball search. Then the lid opens completely and the multi ball goes on like it should. This has happened 4 times now in just 3 weeks. Is this a known issue with Aerosmith?

Mine does this also, I took a good look and while I didn't really do anything it does seem to be less frequent since I was in there looking at it. Would appreciate a definitive fix though.

#890 6 years ago

I am picking up my NIB Aerosmith on Friday. I can't wait. I am not a heavy mod person but what do you folks recommend?

#891 6 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

I am picking up my NIB Aerosmith on Friday. I can't wait. I am not a heavy mod person but what do you folks recommend?

Toybox ball launcher cliffy at minimim. Beyond cliffy’s... Maybe the slime drip toybox shield... but the stock clear one looks fine.

Really the art package is so outstanding on this game I can’t really imagine it needing anything added.

#892 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Toybox ball launcher cliffy at minimim. Beyond cliffy’s... Maybe the slime drip toybox shield... but the stock clear one looks fine.
Really the art package is so outstanding on this game I can’t really imagine it needing anything added.

I am definitely doing Cliffy's on this and my GOTG that should be here on Thursday.

#893 6 years ago

I changed lights on back to left side =green, right =purple. Also added lane protectors and Jackie ball launcher, pain to install but a different, but nice pkunger.

#894 6 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

what do you folks recommend?

I did FF speakers (fantastic), mirror blades, speaker lights and the toy box light (meh). Oh yeah... the green goo box plastic and the plastic protector set look really good too.

#895 6 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

I did FF speakers (fantastic), mirror blades, speaker lights and the toy box light (meh). Oh yeah... the green goo box plastic and the plastic protector set look really good too.

I do want to by speaker mods. I was going to do art blades but I think mirrors look better.

#896 6 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

I do want to by speaker mods. I was going to do art blades but I think mirrors look better.

The Stern art blades look GREAT on Aerosmith. The best choice, by far.

#897 6 years ago

My Aerosmith got confused today. Play the false song and animation in the Display missing.

Anyone else have this happen?

#898 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

My Aerosmith got confused today. Play the false song and animation in the Display missing.
Anyone else have this happen?

Wrong song is a bug that came from KISS when they copied the code as the starting point for Aerosmith. It's well documented on KISS and Aerosmith. One of the many things that need to be fixed in Aerosmith code.

#899 6 years ago

Ah ok, it was the first time mine did it.

#900 6 years ago

There is supposed to be a code release this month...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.75
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/18?hl=djoverpour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.