IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240123_182538 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,077 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 82.
#801 6 years ago

I also use the disco night powder. Man that looks great. You have to see it in person. Really awesome. Thanks for sharing

8F5DAB81-7C6B-4C65-8489-4EA2359AC3C1 (resized).jpeg8F5DAB81-7C6B-4C65-8489-4EA2359AC3C1 (resized).jpeg

DED80682-1C48-417A-AE7D-0AE5647E78C4 (resized).jpegDED80682-1C48-417A-AE7D-0AE5647E78C4 (resized).jpeg

3844BCAC-C354-4920-9428-B323BE12BBA7 (resized).jpeg3844BCAC-C354-4920-9428-B323BE12BBA7 (resized).jpeg

ACF85ABB-7011-4266-B8E1-DBCD742F5DFC (resized).jpegACF85ABB-7011-4266-B8E1-DBCD742F5DFC (resized).jpeg

75F647B5-30DC-4289-9033-3821BF388E39 (resized).jpeg75F647B5-30DC-4289-9033-3821BF388E39 (resized).jpeg

99F1085F-8633-4260-BE3C-5F7D576C9147 (resized).jpeg99F1085F-8633-4260-BE3C-5F7D576C9147 (resized).jpeg

AF29A392-BDED-48C4-B5FA-8519F28A6C35 (resized).jpegAF29A392-BDED-48C4-B5FA-8519F28A6C35 (resized).jpeg

#802 6 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

Thanks for the beer tips and no, the glass doesn't fit inside the fridge (especially when there's beer in there) you funny buggers ?Cheers

Wouldn’t it be easier to swivel the front of the game sideways over the green couch rather than moving the fridge?

Signed - a guy who moved furniture for 30 years.

rd

#803 6 years ago

For those that changed to flipper fidelity or pinball pro speakers.

Did you notice substantially more bass?

I think the head speakers sound fine however there needs to be some more low end. Sounds very hollow at the moment.

I noticed big change in sound on other machines I’ve upgraded but a few people mentioned for some reason on Aerosmith they didn’t get as much of improvement in sound.

#804 6 years ago

You can adjust bass in settings

#805 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

You can adjust bass in settings

I did that, still not a very full sound.

#806 6 years ago

just add an external sub and its perfect.

#807 6 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

just add an external sub and its perfect.

Dumb question.... I have a extra 12” klipsch sub and sub cable.

Is there a jack for a sub cable or do I need to do some wiring?

#808 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Dumb question.... I have a extra 12” klipsch sub and sub cable.
Is there a jack for a sub cable or do I need to do some wiring?

I've got the complete FF set in mine with the larger sub (10" I think). Probably overkill on the sub - the 8" would be more than enough. There's definitely an improvement - definitely better base and more detail. However, I'd imagine the improvement is not as big as on older games as the original speakers are ok.

You could probably get away with just the FF base upgrade.

#809 6 years ago

Just hooked up a spare 12” Klipsch powered sub I had stashed away.

Wow... this thing friggin rocks now!

#810 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Just hooked up a spare 12” Klipsch powered sub I had stashed away.
Wow... this thing friggin rocks now!

thats all you need

#811 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Wouldn’t it be easier to swivel the front of the game sideways over the green couch rather than moving the fridge?
rd

The fridge has back wheels, and I've got the bear hug/headbutt routine down pat that and I prefer not to torque the legs unnecessarily the being first machine I've owned. Cheers mate.

#812 6 years ago

This has probably been covered before but I can't find it. The launch into the toybox is a great feature. However, I'm running into the balls being launched too high and hitting the top of the box and not entering the box. If it happens once, the subsequent shots also miss. Then I'll play a game and it's perfect. Does the launch recalibrate itself during gameplay? Is the strength of the launch adjustable, or am I better off leaving it alone and living with it?

Thanks.

Hogey

#813 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogey:

This has probably been covered before but I can't find it. The launch into the toybox is a great feature. However, I'm running into the balls being launched too high and hitting the top of the box and not entering the box. If it happens once, the subsequent shots also miss. Then I'll play a game and it's perfect. Does the launch recalibrate itself during gameplay? Is the strength of the launch adjustable, or am I better off leaving it alone and living with it?
Thanks.
Hogey

I don't think there's an auto calibration, which the feature desperately needs. It was always inconsistent on the Premium in my experience. Sometimes it works great, other times it will miss many times in a row (not counting the times it's supposed to "miss" and hit Jacky in the head).

#814 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't think there's an auto calibration, which the feature desperately needs. It was always inconsistent on the Premium in my experience. Sometimes it works great, other times it will miss many times in a row (not counting the times it's supposed to "miss" and hit Jacky in the head).

I remember reading or hearing somewhere that there was an auto calibrate. Might have been on one of the early Stern Dead Flip streams. Mine hasn't really been a problem, and I definitely notice the auto-calibrate if it misses the first or 2nd time.

#815 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I remember reading or hearing somewhere that there was an auto calibrate. Might have been on one of the early Stern Dead Flip streams. Mine hasn't really been a problem, and I definitely notice the auto-calibrate if it misses the first or 2nd time.

If there is an auto calibrate it must be very rough, at least on the one we had. The number of misses were WAY more than I'd expect if it was calibrated over hundreds of launches.

#816 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If there is an auto calibrate it must be very rough,

Yeh, I think its pretty basic and seems to start again each game. Sort of like, Ball missed reduce power, Ball missed again increase power, etc until it gets it right. It really has no way of knowing if the ball went long or short, so that all it can do until it gets it.

#817 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogey:

The toy box diverter power Aero ajustement #6 needs to be adjusted. My default was over 200, turned it down to 190. Play with it and you'll get it dialed in. There is a small window of auto calibration if it misses but it only goes a couple % higher and lower.

#818 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, I think its pretty basic and seems to start again each game. Sort of like, Ball missed reduce power, Ball missed again increase power, etc until it gets it right. It really has no way of knowing if the ball went long or short, so that all it can do until it gets it.

If it's game to game, that's idiotic and explains a lot. Why they wouldn't save that information is a mystery. They've done it on other games.

#819 6 years ago

The ball eject gives me sometimes 2 balls in the shooterlane. I checked the optos in the ball trough, they seems to be ok. Any idea ?

#820 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

The ball eject gives me sometimes 2 balls in the shooterlane. I checked the optos in the ball trough, they seems to be ok. Any idea ?

It could be magnetized balls. Try swapping in new balls & see if the problem goes away.

#821 6 years ago

I have new balls installed, so I think it must be something else.

#822 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I have new balls installed, so I think it must be something else.

Are they carbon steel balls, specifically designed to not magnetise as quickly?
It certainly sounds like the balls are becoming magnetised.

#823 6 years ago

Yes they are mirror glazed non magnetise. I use them also in my other machine and never had this issue. But I can try the original balls they are still in the cashbox

#824 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Try reseating the connectors on both ball trough boards to see if that helps.

#825 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

There is a metal tab as the ball pops out of the ball trough that the ball needs to hit to deflect it from bouncing straight back in to the shooter lane. You will need to bend this a little towards the shooter rod. You will find that the ball is bouncing straight back in to the ball trough and another ball has already taken its place so the machine shoots out 2 balls.

Good Luck!

#826 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

There is a metal tab as the ball pops out of the ball trough that the ball needs to hit to deflect it from bouncing straight back in to the shooter lane. You will need to bend this a little towards the shooter rod. You will find that the ball is bouncing straight back in to the ball trough and another ball has already taken its place so the machine shoots out 2 balls.
Good Luck!

Maybe you have a picture to see how much you have bent it ??

Thanks

#827 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Maybe you have a picture to see how much you have bent it ??
Thanks

I hope that helps. I just bend the tab a little until the machine stops popping out 2 balls.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#828 6 years ago

That helps

Thank you

#829 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Ok thanks for the response vireland happy to see it's not broke just the way it was made.

Great game...enjoy!!

#830 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

That helps
Thank you

Good luck!

#831 6 years ago

I join club now?

IMG_20180116_181023 (resized).jpgIMG_20180116_181023 (resized).jpg

#832 6 years ago

I joined today

IMG_1011 (resized).JPGIMG_1011 (resized).JPG

#833 6 years ago
Quoted from jrio101:

I joined today

Asle will be going next to my met also

#834 6 years ago

My le did not come with any extra plastics. Did they not do the extras on this game?

#835 6 years ago

I've been getting a lot of Smart Missiles during TITA multiball lately but have no idea how I'm getting these? (Getting about 4 - 5 in a single multiball). Does anyone know how they are acquired other than getting the odd one from the Aerosmith Mystery?

Also does anyone else check Rats in the Cellar and Same Old Song and Dance to see where the first shot is before they start a game as it's randomized and can make the mode really easy if the first couple of shots are under the toybox? I've found this method pretty handy in finishing the modes and getting a good start to the game.

Cheers,

#836 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I hope that helps. I just bend the tab a little until the machine stops popping out 2 balls.

That was it! Works great now, thanks a lot

#837 6 years ago

I've seen a smart missle maybe 3 times now. What are you supposed to do when you get one and how does it impact the game or scoring?

#838 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I've seen a smart missle maybe 3 times now. What are you supposed to do when you get one and how does it impact the game or scoring?

Use it at your consent to award jackpots or specific flashing shots during certain modes. Scoring varies depending on when you use the missiles.

#839 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Use it at your consent to award jackpots or specific flashing shots during certain modes. Scoring varies depending on when you use the missiles.

The last time I saw it I hit the action button and didn’t really notice anything happen.

#840 6 years ago
Quoted from jrio101:

My le did not come with any extra plastics. Did they not do the extras on this game?

I didn't get anything in the Good bag for My Aerosmith. Still irked by that.

What irritates me the MOST is Where TF is the Code updates for this game.
While the game plays okay. It is very apparent that it is indeed one glitchy game.

I've got screenshots of some of the strange things that happen playing this game.

STERN WHERE IS THE CODE????

#841 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The last time I saw it I hit the action button and didn’t really notice anything happen.

When you hit it, what mode was running at that time? Let's assume you didn't have a MB going, and instead Dude Looks Like a Lady with 2 flashing arrows. Pressing the Smart missile will award you either 1 or both of those flashing arrows.

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I didn't get anything in the Good bag for My Aerosmith. Still irked by that.
What irritates me the MOST is Where TF is the Code updates for this game.
While the game plays okay. It is very apparent that it is indeed one glitchy game.
I've got screenshots of some of the strange things that happen playing this game.
STERN WHERE IS THE CODE????

AS code comes out in February.

#842 6 years ago

I had a quick go at making some replacement coin cards yesterday as I couldn't find any I liked. If anyone wants a copy I'll do an A4 PDF when I get back to work on Mon. (Or you can download the Permanent Vacation cover and add some text like I did)

_20180119_212225 (resized).JPG_20180119_212225 (resized).JPG

_20180119_211955 (resized).JPG_20180119_211955 (resized).JPG

#843 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

AS code comes out in February.

Hope so... stern of the union made it sound like it was in line to get started, but maybe that was to temper expectations.

I still like it a lot, and the glitches can be avoided so it’s mainly the details that are starting to bug me.

A. Outlane sound
B. Missiles (have yet to see one in nearly a year... not that it sounds like they even do much if anything)
C. An actual skill shot award, not just oooh you snuck one into an existing lock.
D. A real diagnostics display, not simulated DMD text only diagnostics that aren’t even really relevant for spike 2.
E. Adult content on = more than Jackey dropping an F-bomb once per 500+ games.... I don’t necessarily want sailor jacky... but a bit more that that so it’s every once in a while at least.

I’m sure there are things I’m missing but those are what tends to be at the top of my personal list.

#844 6 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

I had a quick go at making some replacement coin cards yesterday as I couldn't find any I liked. If anyone wants a copy I'll do an A4 PDF when I get back to work on Mon. (Or you can download the Permanent Vacation cover and add some text like I did)

Seems like that would look better if you tied it in with the stone border on the three other stickers on the apron.

#845 6 years ago

That’s a good list. I’m still hoping for an additional song or two whether it’s a wizard mode type thing or some mystery music from the crank it up hole.

#846 6 years ago

I like GOTG. Isnt AS too similar in a small collection?

#847 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I like GOTG. Isnt AS too similar in a small collection?

Other than GOTG starting with AS code as its framework, I don't think the two games are really that similar.

#848 6 years ago

AS needs a jukebox option.

Like Metallica and acdc. Can go into a radio type screen to listen to songs while in attract mode

#849 6 years ago

Aerosmith for 9 months now and never had a " special" . How do u light special?
Thanks ,

#850 6 years ago
Quoted from joey__p__1966:

Aerosmith for 9 months now and never had a " special" . How do u light special?
Thanks ,

I got it a few times as a mystery award from scoop on the left.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wentzville, MO
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,077 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/17?hl=djoverpour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.