20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 82.
#701 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Curious, what's your definition of a "clunkfest"? Don't think of AFM as clunky...

I'm far from a "pro" player and bricking shot after shot on AFM, at least at first makes it "clunky" or "bricky" to me Just like TWD, but when you get it dialed in the flow and combos are excellent on both.

Missed shots that punish you like those two make it "clunky" in that regard imo. BM66 is far from that to me.

#702 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm far from a "pro" player and bricking shot after shot on AFM, at least at first makes it "clunky" or "bricky" to me Just like TWD, but when you get it dialed in the flow and combos are excellent on both.
Missed shots that punish you like those two make it "clunky" in that regard imo. BM66 is far from that to me.

AS can definitely be clunky if you don't hit your shots, and those shots are not easy to hit either. I'm a pretty clunky player.

#703 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

AS can definitely be clunky if you don't hit your shits

I prefer to flush my shits.

#704 6 years ago

Being a new owner, I find the game fits a unique spot among my others.

With AC/DC gone, as well as Metallica, this fills the Music gap.

Its simple fun, polished and clean, and Im an Aerosmith kinda fan.

There is much Aerosmith is not, but what it is, it does really well!

Its a Happy, fun, positive, rewarding game....no punishment, only joy!

#705 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I prefer to flush my shits.

Haha.....sorry about that!

#706 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Being a new owner, I find the game fits a unique spot among my others.
With AC/DC gone, as well as Metallica, this fills the Music gap.
Its simple fun, polished and clean, and Im an Aerosmith kinda fan.
There is much Aerosmith is not, but what it is, it does really well!
Its a Happy, fun, positive, rewarding game....no punishment, only joy!

Have you made it to Medley Tour Multiball yet Art? How about Love in a elevator multiball? Cool animation and light show isn't it?

#707 6 years ago

No where near those, I dont believe....Only Multiball from Toybox, I think.

Im about 30 games into it, so its more discovery, listen to the tunes, and feel it out.

It takes me a long time to learn a game, I prefer it that way.
I have friends that read all the rules, and strategies, before they play.

I tend not to read the rules, and be surprised, then go, How did I get that?
Silly, I know, but makes me happy......

Just moved 12 games today...set up a room finally, after the hurricane, still waiting on a roof, but now I can play, and finally install
the dozens of Mods, and prototypes I have from Comet, that Im looking forward to.

The games were always crammed 10 in a bedroom sized room, and no game could get its glass removed, unless I played Pinball Tetris!
I took over the living room and dining room, and feel like a king now!

#708 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

No where near those, I dont believe....Only Multiball from Toybox, I think.
Im about 30 games into it, so its more discovery, listen to the tunes, and feel it out.
It takes me a long time to learn a game, I prefer it that way.
I have friends that read all the rules, and strategies, before they play.
I tend not to read the rules, and be surprised, then go, How did I get that?
Silly, I know, but makes me happy......
Just moved 12 games today...set up a room finally, after the hurricane, still waiting on a roof, but now I can play, and finally install
the dozens of Mods, and prototypes I have from Comet, that Im looking forward to.
The games were always crammed 10 in a bedroom sized room, and no game could get its glass removed, unless I played Pinball Tetris!
I took over the living room and dining room, and feel like a king now!

I am the same way pretty much. I like to discover things slowly and on my own, maybe a little reading on pinside or the rules some too. Aerosmith is truly a great game and a keeper IMO. It's nothing fancy or different really but it's just good fun. The 6 balls getting dumped out of the toy box all at once is pretty awesome though, I will say that. Enjoy!!

#709 6 years ago

Better code for getting six balls then out of The Ark in Raiders...The Toy Box is Sweet!

Im going to change out the spot bulbs, and see about a little bit more light in the back, but think the game really doesnt need anything...
No Mods, Topper, extra lighting, really.

It feels great to have that NIB feeling, without waiting for code....Nice!

Enjoy!

#710 6 years ago

Every time I see this thread with a handful of comments I'm hoping it's because of new code. Fantastic game that I think could be a real Gem (cheesy Aerosmith reference) with a little more polish.

#711 6 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Every time I see this thread with a handful of comments I'm hoping it's because of new code. Fantastic game that I think could be a real Gem (cheesy Aerosmith reference) with a little more polish.

New code update is coming soon supposedly.

#712 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The 6 balls getting dumped out of the toy box all at once is pretty awesome though, I will say that.

I "finally" got a 6 ball multiball. Crazy fun! I'll have to try for it more often because I beat the old grand champ score by 100 million that game. The GC is now at 297 million.

No Medley Tour Multiball yet either. I've been 1 shot away... then choked.

#713 6 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

I "finally" got a 6 ball multiball. Crazy fun! I'll have to try for it more often because I beat the old grand champ score by 100 million that game. The GC is now at 297 million.
No Medley Tour Multiball yet either. I've been 1 shot away... then choked.

I hear ya on being one shot away, been there myself a few times and when you fail it's pretty disappointing. I've got it twice so far. Getting the main wizard mode would be very difficult I would think. Aerosmith is really a great game though isn't it? The more you play it the more addicting it becomes.

#714 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Aerosmith is really a great game though isn't it?

Yes!

#715 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Getting the main wizard mode would be very difficult I would think

Getting to Final Tour Wizard Mode isn't too difficult. The main blockers are Super Jackpot in Toy Box multiball, and completing Sweet Emotion. Neither of which remembers progress so need to be completed in a single attempt. Best strategy is to try and stack the 2 together as they're the same shots required for completion.
3 of the other songs you can time out to completion, and the others (including Elevator multiball) remember progress, so you just need to keep plodding on through them if you don't complete first time.

Medley multiball is not worth playing IMHO, boring objectives, that never change order and not worth many points.

Final Tour multiball, although a simple rule set, is a blast to play and worth a LOT of points. (see post #588)

#716 6 years ago

How does toy box mb work as far as super jackpots and amounts and shots you have to hit?

Sometimes I get 8m sj, sometimes 4m, and once I got 32m sdj but I don't know how.

#717 6 years ago

Maybe they Are done with the Aerosmith code? They’ve updated every machine twice and havnt touched this one, now that I’ve complained they will put an update out in the next few days

#718 6 years ago

A recent "Stern of the Union" email said that an Aerosmith code update would be coming soon.

#719 6 years ago

How are Aerosmith’s holding up physically? Does the game suffer from any of the known Stern issues or have any QC or other issues specific to the game?

#720 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

How are Aerosmith’s holding up physically? Does the game suffer from any of the known Stern issues or have any QC or other issues specific to the game?

I've owned a premium since 4/21, zero issues and the game gets a ton of play.

#721 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

My PF has some debris in the clear but so do some of my other Sterns.

My cabinet was a F’n sloppy mess but Stern replaced it.

There’s 2 tech bulletins with 2 kits but Stern has ignored 2 emails from me so far. Guess I have to call starting Monday.

Seems buying a Stern is like having two hobbies. The first hobby is pinball, the 2nd hobby is requesting repairs, fixes, following up & waiting for code? That’s about the same experience with any pinball manufacturer tho.

I love the game. It’s been trouble free other than 2 resets & a shit cabinet. No regrets. Get one for yourself after the next code update if you enjoy the software.

It may sound like I’m crass towards Stern but I’m just too lazy to write long winded tip toe sugar coated replies about my experience. It’s been far from perfect but the good outweighs the bad & I love their pins.

#722 6 years ago

Is this a normal looking coating on Aerosmith?

25305ECA-3338-4E78-8B7B-072D4468C319 (resized).png25305ECA-3338-4E78-8B7B-072D4468C319 (resized).png

BB5407D2-6FE2-4F34-BE74-E1EE0575B1A2 (resized).pngBB5407D2-6FE2-4F34-BE74-E1EE0575B1A2 (resized).png

#723 6 years ago

Just checked my audits. 1822 plays since 4/21. Home use only.

#724 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Mine has a “ribbed” appearance too. The clear is smooth however.

My TSPP & FGY have ribbing as well but not as noticeable, likley due to having dimmer lighting & less clearcoat?

I turned the back box illumination down on Aerosmith to reduce glare & a side effect is the ribbed PF artifact is no longer visible.

#725 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Mine has a “ribbed” appearance too. The clear is smooth however.
My TSPP & FGY have ribbing as well but not as noticeable, likley due to having dimmer lighting & less clearcoat?
I turned the back box illumination down on Aerosmith to reduce glare & a side effect is the ribbed PF artifact is no longer visible.

I was told they reduced the clear thickness after the GB debacle, hence the woodgrain is a bit more visible. Even so, my ASle pf looks better than any Stern I've owned.

#726 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I was told they reduced the clear thickness after the GB debacle, hence the woodgrain is a bit more visible. Even so, my ASle pf looks better than any Stern I've owned.

My AS playfield looks better than any of my other Sterns also. There definitely seems to be a difference in quality.

#727 6 years ago

I see some other and they look all better, like a mirror.
It’s not mine, but I am looking forward to buying one. For me it looks like they have two playfields manufactur. One that makes the ribbed one and the other with the mirror finish. I saw the ribbed clearcoat also on acdc ve. So that means to me it is gambling by buying it Nib, because I don’t know what to get

#728 6 years ago

I have an LE bought in April, HUO but played a lot. I've had zero issues with mine. The playfield is glossy and clear as glass. Everything mechanically sound as well. Has a shaker motor installed too. I'm slightly concerned about the node board issues now that they have posted service bulletins with known weakness. I contacted stern about this on 12/6 but haven't received the kits yet. I may disable shaker motor until I get the stabilization done.

#729 6 years ago
Quoted from SamIam:

I have an LE bought in April, HUO but played a lot. I've had zero issues with mine. The playfield is glossy and clear as glass. Everything mechanically sound as well. Has a shaker motor installed too. I'm slightly concerned about the node board issues now that they have posted service bulletins with known weakness. I contacted stern about this on 12/6 but haven't received the kits yet. I may disable shaker motor until I get the stabilization done.

Probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to disable the shaker for now. Congrats on your new game, you’re going to like it. How many plays did the previous owner put on it? I’m sure it’s not enough to worry about, these games are meant to be played.

#730 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

That's definitely not normal.

#731 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

. Congrats on your new game, you’re going to like it. How many plays did the previous owner put on it?

To clarify, I bought the Game new. Yes, I love it

#732 6 years ago

I think that something else is going to happen with the upper playfield in a code update, any target that’s hit makes a green insert, yet they are colour changing inserts in attract mode, unless there is something that happens in the final tour mode with the upper playfield and the colour changers, I definately wouldn’t know, Anyone else have any predictions?

#733 6 years ago

I saw somewhere Marshall Covers for the speaker grill, but can’t find it anymore..

Someone can help ?

Thx

#734 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I saw somewhere Marshall Covers for the speaker grill, but can’t find it anymore..
Someone can help ?
Thx

Maybe hit up this guy?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-speaker-panel-mod-aerosmith-kiss-and-future-rock#post-3829237

#735 6 years ago

No , this is not what I waS looking for

#737 6 years ago

Anyone getting ball stuck

#738 6 years ago

Anyone getting balls stuck going down elevator from upper playfield. Tonight one shot went up the lock lane and didn't come back. Then any ball going down elevator didn't come out . They are trapped between the plastics I think.

#739 6 years ago

Guys, I'm thinking on joining this club (or the KISS club)... what is the standard song list? Regarding that feature, are there any differences between models?

#740 6 years ago

Toys in the attic, love in an elevator, Walk this way, Rats in the cellar, back in the Saddle, Same old Song and Dance, Dude looks like a Lady, Sweet Emotion & Last Child

Quoted from AlexSMendes:what is the standard song list?

As far as song sets it's the same between each model and the correspond with inserts and game play. The only major difference is the upper playfield of premium, which is pretty cool IMO

#741 6 years ago
Quoted from c_mario:

Anyone getting balls stuck going down elevator from upper playfield. Tonight one shot went up the lock lane and didn't come back. Then any ball going down elevator didn't come out . They are trapped between the plastics I think.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-balls-are-stuck-in-the-elevator-ouch

This last weekend I played an Aerosmith on location that only had 2 playable balls and 4 balls stuck behind the skill shot; on this machine the game would empty the toybox after locking a second ball as there were none in the trough to put into play if a ball was already in the toybox.

The amazing thing is that this machine was actually playable with only 2 balls in the trough, I assume the code cant account for the location of all balls as it has no way to count balls in the toybox.

#742 6 years ago

I got my Aerosmith pro this week, what a fast game. I have a problem with the ball eject. Very often I got 2 balls in the shooter lane.

Any idea how to fix that ?

Thanks

Greetings

#743 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I got my Aerosmith pro this week, what a fast game. I have a problem with the ball eject. Very often I got 2 balls in the shooter lane.
Any idea how to fix that ?
Thanks
Greetings

Got into test mode (diag) and do the ball trough test (I think it's labeled CLR with a picture of a ball) to see if it knows how many balls are in the trough as you eject each one in the test mode. Likely you have a loose-flaky opto and that test should help you visualize it.

#744 6 years ago

Had my best friend over with his family last night, they came from Ohio. They stopped here overnight on way to his parents. His kids couldn’t stop playing my AS pro. It was the hit of my line up.

#745 6 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Had my best friend over with his family last night, they came from Ohio. They stopped here overnight on way to his parents. His kids couldn’t stop playing my AS pro. It was the hit of my line up.

You forgot to mention that his kids beat your GC score.

#746 6 years ago

Hi guys I just unboxed my Aerosmith Le today and I noticed it has done this a few times during game play. I had 5 Balls locked in the toy box and then I started elavator multiball so it just released all my balls from the toy box. Is this a code glitch or is there a way to fix that thanks.

#747 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Hi guys I just unboxed my Aerosmith Le today and I noticed it has done this a few times during game play. I had 5 Balls locked in the toy box and then I started elavator multiball so it just released all my balls from the toy box. Is this a code glitch or is there a way to fix that thanks.

It has no way to only give part of the balls in the toybox, it's all or nothing, since it just raises the floor of the box and dumps it out. Doing what you did is a "trick" to get more than 3 ball multiball in Elevator Multiball.

#748 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It has no way to only give part of the balls in the toybox, it's all or nothing, since it just raises the floor of the box and dumps it out. Doing what you did is a "trick" to get more than 3 ball multiball in Elevator Multiball.

Ok thanks for the response vireland happy to see it's not broke just the way it was made.

#749 6 years ago

Congrats on your new AS game! It is a killer game and you are going to love it.

#750 6 years ago

I started elavator multiball so it just released all my balls from the toy box. Is this a code glitch

No, that’s called “a win”

Take it with both hands.

Legitimate strategy.

rd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 12.75
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 24.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/15?hl=bigbad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.